• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Metroid fans: will Metroid Prime 4 be in tomorrow's Direct? Do you trust the process?

Do you trust the process?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally got to watch the direct, and this is obviously the first place I need to visit. Unfortunate outcome, but my faith in the process remains. We are seeing this game in September. Not even going to entertain what-ifs at this point. I can't take it.

Still thinking March 2024 release date. That gives it a year of separation from Metroid Prime Remastered. If a new console is out in March 2024, then cool, call MP4 cross-gen and release it on both systems. If the new console is not ready but MP4 is, just release MP4 anyway. It was announced for switch. It was rebooted for switch. The switch was always the primary target. I bet they want this game out yesterday and never want to announce something that early again. We just want to play the game at this point.

This turned into a bit of rant, but I'm going to leave it here to remind people that this is yet another part of the process. Adversity will come, but the process will overcome it and lead us to a brighter tomorrow.

Finally got to watch the direct, and this is obviously the first place I need to visit. Unfortunate outcome, but my faith in the process remains. We are seeing this game in September. Not even going to entertain what-ifs at this point. I can't take it.

Still thinking March 2024 release date. That gives it a year of separation from Metroid Prime Remastered. If a new console is out in March 2024, then cool, call MP4 cross-gen and release it on both systems. If the new console is not ready but MP4 is, just release MP4 anyway. It was announced for switch. It was rebooted for switch. The switch was always the primary target. I bet they want this game out yesterday and never want to announce something that early again. We just want to play the game at this point.

This turned into a bit of rant, but I'm going to leave it here to remind people that this is yet another part of the process. Adversity will come, but the process will overcome it and lead us to a brighter tomorrow.

Agree with everything here! Luckily we're only in the 3 month gap between Directs part of the year, so we don't have terrible long to wait, and so many games to play in the meantime. I still trust the process.

Having had the full day to digest the Direct, I'm fine with this outcome. Bummed we didn't see Prime 4, but the focus was clearly on Mario in light of the movie's success. That's cool. I'm personally looking forward to Wonder and RPG. And it's hard to be that upset when we've actually had a lot of Metroid content over the last few years. (I'm probably gonna go ahead and replay Samus Returns, Dread, and Prime Remastered again soon!) I have complete faith that Prime 4 is going to be amazing, so if the wait to see it is a little longer, so be it. It'll be worth it!

Im not concerned at all, as I’m 95% sure we will see it next year, either as the last big release for Switch or a launch game for Switch 2.
I am more concerned about Prime 2 & 3 remakes as I’m not sure they exist and if they do the rumour of them not being on the same level as the Prime 1 Remaster hurts my soul.

I am more concerned about Prime 2 & 3 remakes as I’m not sure they exist and if they do the rumour of them not being on the same level as the Prime 1 Remaster hurts my soul.
They will probably be releases like Pikmin 1 and 2 at this point, i.e. emulated and a bit prettied up.
Which, to be fair, I take it anyway, but I would've prefered equal treatment of the trilogy

theres no way mp4 will be anything but a closer in the direct it finally appears.
I said it in the direct topic. If the new 2D Mario didn’t start the direct off we will not see Metroid Prime 4 in the direct. As soon as we saw that crap Pokémon dlc I was like yeah this will end with 2D Mario.

They will probably be releases like Pikmin 1 and 2 at this point, i.e. emulated and a bit prettied up.
Which, to be fair, I take it anyway, but I would've prefered equal treatment of the trilogy
Yeah this is what I’m thinking as well, not quite as bad as the Resident Evil Trilogy situation on GameCube, but this would still hurt as Prime remaster looks stunning.

I'm sure Metroid Prime 4 will be Switch 2 first game showcased to preview the power of the new console and we could see it release as soon as this year

I will be very bummed if mp2 and mp3 are hd ports.

Echoes needed the remaster treatment and Corruption would look phenomenal with it.

If Prime 4 comes out and we heard nothing of Prime 2 and 3 than there is the chance that Retro wanted to thinl about remaking those, but not before finally finishing Prime 4

After all Nintendo and Retro have a lot of talk to do for post Prime 4 Retro

Honestly I wonder if the FE4 remake could be Switch 2 launch adjacent - something to cater to a different audience than 3D Mario or whatever. If just seems a lot of FE in such a short time span for Switch.
As mentioned previously, the elibe saga was released back-to-back into SS/PoR simultaneously. Given the rumors of engage being sat on for a long while before release, it wouldn't be surprising if covid messed up their normal release cycles if it were meant to spread out over years.
There's also the uncertainty of remakes being considered for a critical push into their new console.

FE4, Prime 4, and a 3D Mario in the Switch 2's launch window would be an S-tier launch. I still think those first two come out the first half of 2024 for Switch if Switch 2 isn't until Holiday 2024.
The latter 2 yes, but i have my doubts over the first game - remakes are not exactly a good recipe for launch titles. Especially if we're looking at an early 2024 release and switch 2 is shown/released in the later half of 2024 (pretty possible with the hints). Something like 3D mario/MK10 and an ultimate release of ToTK does strike me as stronger titles to push a potential switch 2 before the rest of their franchises catch up.

People keep saying September but that direct tends to cater to the Tokyo Game SHow crowd hence why there were so many farming sims in last years direct. If i was betting man then i would bank on Fire Emblem Remake being the closer for the September direct
It does tend to cater to TGS, but there can be at least a couple games that aren't for TGS. Like Pikmin 4 last year

Metroid Prime 4 was absent from this Direct, and I didn't really wanna keep bumping this thread, since I think its already served its purpose in the greater process (that being awareness, positive energy, and the encouragement of continued conviction), but I couldn't just not respond to this post.

If the process was a sentient being (rather than a force), I think they'd be proud of you, Gengar. You've proven yourself to be among the most devout disciples. This is what faith in the process should ideally look like, in my opinion. It's important to remember that the process is precisely that: a process. That doesn't tell us anything about how long it will take to reach its conclusion. These things take time, and a lot of it. I'll reiterate that we can always trust, but never force. I think Retro Studios has more than earned that trust, based on their prior output. Now, I'll obviously join you in trusting the process for whenever the next Nintendo Direct is set for (and that will of course mean I'll post another thread just like this one when the time comes!), but if it should come to pass that MP4 is not present even in the next Direct, please don't allow your conviction to waver, Famicomrade. We're here to support each other during the dark times. Let us cope and mald together, free of judgement.

Back
Top Bottom