• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Metaphor: ReFantazio announced by Atlus, releasing on Oct 11th [Read Staff Post]

Doesn't look that bad. Sadly it's Hoshino working on this so I still have some doubts regarding some topics. Well... at least Persona is now Hoshino-free I guess.

Wrote it in the ST already, but: really good looking (style, setting) yet pretty rough as well (framerate in particular! Will need to see more in terms of what the gameplay loop is...)

Is this by the Persona team? Meaning they're working on this instead of 6? Pretty disappointing if that's the case, my initial impressions are this is not for me at all.
The creator of P3, P4 and P5 (who is, let's say, kinda problematic as a person) is working on this. The Persona team who made Persona 5 Royal is most probably doing Persona 6.

Edit: What @Hauke_von_Arding said.

I consider evert 2024 third party game announced as a potential successor launch window title but I feel this has more chance than any other game.

I kinda wanted Re:Fantasy to be Radiant Historia followup but this looks nice too. Can't wait.

The concept looks fantastic... and that's a shame. I just can't see this being a pleasant experience to any LGBT player given Hashino's history with our representation (as recently as Persona 5 and Catherine: Full Body, that bet triple on transphobia). Hope I'm wrong, but eh.

The reverse isekai aspect of it leans too well for reactionary social commentary too. Sigh

To be honest, I had no idea what I was watching for most of this trailer. But it's Atlus and it looks cool, so I'm in!

Art looks great and music sounds fantastic. Rough around the edges so not surprise if this games gets delayed.

I will say, I was expecting something a bit different combat wise, cause I remember they were talking about it like it was DnD. Too early to tell though

It's by Hoshino who was the director/producer (?) of Persona 3-5. And Atlus is still working on Persona 6, just with a new director/producer.
The creator of P3, P4 and P5 (who is, let's say, kinda problematic as a person) is working on this. The Persona team who made Persona 5 Royal is most probably doing Persona 6.

Well that's good at least. Persona 6 having a new director actually sounds pretty interesting as well.

Looks amazing as far as concept goes. Really good looking monsters and sick UI. Reminds me of both P5 and SMT IV and even a bit of TMS. I do wonder if it has any chance at all to come to Switch, but it looks like it's next gen exclusive (even tho nothing on it screams it couldn't be done on a PS4). Switch 2 late port sounds inevitable.

Really thought this project was going to be something totally different for them, but it just looks iterative of Persona and SMT. Not that it's a bad thing, just feels a bit redundant. Maybe less so once more is known about game.

It appears that they will stream more info on the game on 6/20. So at the very least we should see the PS5/Steam version there.

Y'all think it's skipping PS4?? I think it can be a Resident Evil 4 situation where it's PS4/PS5/XBOX SERIES/PC.

This

FF7 Rebirth

Yakuza 8

JRPG fans are EATING next year, my god
And Persona 3 Reload. It's crazy, because just a few weeks ago I had the impression that 2024 won't be that busy of a year for JRPG fans.

Mmm i'm really not feeling it. I think I need to see more, but it's not what I was expecting ReFantasy to be. Yeah I know all we had before was a character design, but still.

C'mon everyone this is obviously coming to the Switch, it has Marth after all.

Seriously though while it looks very impressive it's still an Atlus game so I have no doubt it will come to the Switch's successor.

It could be good but I’m kinda sick of Hashino’s style so I dunno about it. Definitely a wait and see for me.

This debuting at an XBox presentation feels like a major groundshift for Atlus titles going forward. We'll know more in 48 hours but I would be hard pressed to bet that Sony has P6 exclusivity at this point. Sega wants that multiplatform money bad.

The Persona team who made Persona 5 Royal is most probably doing Persona 6.

To clarify: Studio Zero is Hashino's team who is working on this and previously did Catherine: Full Body. P-Studio is still the team that handles Persona.

The concept looks fantastic... and that's a shame. I just can't see this being a pleasant experience to any LGBT player given Hashino's history with our representation (as recently as Persona 5 and Catherine: Full Body, that bet triple on transphobia). Hope I'm wrong, but eh.

The reverse isekai aspect of it leans too well for reactionary social commentary too. Sigh
I do not have high expectations for this on that front, like at all. I remember there was a blurb shared about a Cleric role in the game, and religion seems to be a central part of this based on the trailer and that right there is ripe for all sorts of problematic stuff 😬

but it just looks iterative of Persona and SMT
The MC looks like the P3 MC wearing Aigis's headband and there's definitely a red headed character that looked like Mitsuru at a glance. But yea, this looks like "What if SMT but medieval?".

Funny that they are holding back what other platforms it's coming too. It'll obviously be on PS5 too.
If they want it to sell in Japan it'll be on something made by Nintendo

Seriously though while it looks very impressive it's still an Atlus game so I have no doubt it will come to the Switch's successor.
P3Reloaded and LAD8 both slated for "Early 2024" has the potential to make for a very good launch year with the successor. Bonus if we get this, FF16 and FF7R + R2 in the same year.

The director has me concern about the writing. He’s had too many issues before and doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt for me.
I'm still not convinced P6 isn't going to be problematic without Hashino at the helm. We had that game last year or the year before that FuRyu published which involved another ex-Persona developer that was also pretty gross (I think it was even worse?). So I'm not entirely convinved the problems with P3-P5 are all due to Hashino and not the studio culture in general. But we'll see what happens when P6 finally gets released.

I'll eat my hat if this comes to Switch. I just can't see it.
If not Switch then definitely the next system guaranteed

Some screenshots and this key visual:

kv-sp.jpg

It looks next-gen for you? Not for me. Art style is great, but it doesn't look like a next-gen project at all.

Framerate is rough btw for now, but I guess this is why the game is not releasing in the next months.
I am talking about the systems at the end of the trailer. They only have Xbox Series. No Xbox One.

Doesn't look like they are putting it on the last gen systems.

Was surprised how little I vibed with the presentation of this (aside from the UI). Usually this is something they nail and I felt this was a complete miss. Based on this thread I seem to be the outlier though.

C'mon everyone this is obviously coming to the Switch, it has Marth after all.

Watching some impression, a ton of people thought it was TMS because the characters look like FE lol

The fact that there's a calendar in the menu UI makes me think they're retaining the limited time scheduling of Persona, which is great.

God, this looks so, so good. Expecting 2025 because Atlus, but still. Goddamn.

Was surprised how little I vibed with the presentation of this (aside from the UI). Usually this is something they nail and I felt this was a complete miss. Based on this thread I seem to be the outlier though.
I found the trailer to be cutting between scenes way too quickly to really get a solid sense of the visuals. It's a very messy trailer and I'm intrigued to get a better look at it in the future.

I feel the same way. Maybe cuase it jump cut so many times.

Or cause I feel there’s a thing of being too stylish. But it looked messy to me.

Embargoing the other platforms just a few weeks after that tweet pointing out all the games from the PlayStation Showcase that are also coming to Xbox is pretty stupid.

Embargoing the other platforms just a few weeks after that tweet pointing out all the games from the PlayStation Showcase that are also coming to Xbox is pretty stupid.
Breaching business contracts that were probably finalized months ago would be even stupider though

Not sold on what I saw in the trailer, but I'm just amazed this game actually is real. This thing has been vaporware for years now so it's cool to finally see it revealed.

Haven't really followed Re:Fantasy (that's what this is, right?) much and for some reason I expected more medieval swords and sorcery stuff, not...idk, law route SMT? I'm intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom