• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Marvel's Spider-Man 2 |ST| Back in Black

More engaging than your posts at least.

are you playing the game or did you just want to come start some shit

Lol geez guys it's just a video game.

When my one hour gameplay session of SPIDER-MAN last night consisted of driving a little robot around a building and pressing button prompts, then walking around a big facility as regular Peter feeding fish and solving rudimentary hex-based puzzles, I think maybe they lost the plot a bit. Don't get me wrong, when you're actually doing Spider-Man stuff like swinging / gliding around the city, fighting bosses, or in the middle of some big spectacular set-piece, this game is pretty great. But that's been probably less than half my game time so far.

Just started this, its awesome, but Pete being broke stretches my suspension of disbelief so much

My guy, just start a Twitch channel, or get on Youtube. Getting paid for being Spider-Man should not be hard. I guess there’d be concerns over his identity getting found out through that, but he’s super genius, you’d think he’d be able to figure something out.
Pete being broke is like a core character trait. No one wants to play as (or watch) a rich Spider-man!

Miles' outfit at the end is the most sauceless thing I've seen. Convincedhe inherited Aaron's inability to cook lol

Lol geez guys it's just a video game.

When my one hour gameplay session of SPIDER-MAN last night consisted of driving a little robot around a building and pressing button prompts, then walking around a big facility as regular Peter feeding fish and solving rudimentary hex-based puzzles, I think maybe they lost the plot a bit. Don't get me wrong, when you're actually doing Spider-Man stuff like swinging / gliding around the city, fighting bosses, or in the middle of some big spectacular set-piece, this game is pretty great. But that's been probably less than half my game time so far.
Well if you had started with this, there wouldn’t have been any problems!

It’s fine to not like the downtime. I know I certainly don’t like downtime or quieter moments in some games. Personally, I actually really like the drone piloting missions, and I thought the startup company building tour was an impressive display of graphical tech. But the heart and soul of the game is the traversal and the combat for sure.

This game gets wild and really excite me for whatever comes next (a new side game like Miles Morales, Spider-Man 3, Wolverine...).

Also damn, they didn't hold back on Symbiote Spider-Man.
Dude was an absolute menace. Both in verbal agressions (his dialogues during the Lizard boss fight gets really funny at the end of it when he gets frustrated that Lizard doesn't comes back to his senses), and physical agressions lmao, so fun to play as when you activate the rage mode. What a beast.

Wish they didn’t take so long to get to the Symbiote suit. Takes forever to get there (which is easily felt considering how many more options Miles has compared to Peter) and then they kinda rush through it. Feels like they flip a switch and suddenly Peter is a dick and everyone is upset with him, like they skipped a few missions entirely.

The fallout between him and Harry in particular needed a lot more time, they’re best of friends for so much of the game, and then out of nowhere they’re mad at each other. It’s really bizarre.

Unless it unlocks later, a little sad you can’t hear archives of the podcasts anymore. I just had one of them get interrupted and there’s no way currently to check the archive :/ It’s weird because at least two other audio logs are collectibles.

Wish they didn’t take so long to get to the Symbiote suit. Takes forever to get there (which is easily felt considering how many more options Miles has compared to Peter) and then they kinda rush through it. Feels like they flip a switch and suddenly Peter is a dick and everyone is upset with him, like they skipped a few missions entirely.

The fallout between him and Harry in particular needed a lot more time, they’re best of friends for so much of the game, and then out of nowhere they’re mad at each other. It’s really bizarre.
I wouldn't say it's out of nowhere. You can see that Harry is liking Peter less and less after he gets the suit. He is mildly miffed when Peter tries and fails to give it back to him, then Peter keeps fobbing him off which leads to Harry beginning to get more resentful towards him and the fact that he is tutoring Miles, which he's jealous of. It does all happen pretty quickly, I concede on that, but it did feel mostly natural to me.

Extra super hooked on the game now. I’m not the biggest Venom fan so the story is losing me a bit where I’m at, but I care about all of the other characters so much that I’m so excited to see what happens next. Been rolling main missions only for a while, but I think I might I swap back to side stuff tomorrow now that Miles got a third ability. His 100 super power kills trophy and Antidote (which I’m not sure how to get yet, don’t tell me) are the only two trophies left for me that aren’t just clean do everything stuff. I’m sitting at 65% completion and 24/42 trophies so I’m getting fairly close to the end. I thought I’d be putting this game on hold when Alan Wake II drops, but at this point I’m excited to see it through first.

at this point i don’t even care to do main story missions because the side quests are too much fun.

Extra super hooked on the game now. I’m not the biggest Venom fan so the story is losing me a bit where I’m at, but I care about all of the other characters so much that I’m so excited to see what happens next. Been rolling main missions only for a while, but I think I might I swap back to side stuff tomorrow now that Miles got a third ability. His 100 super power kills trophy and Antidote (which I’m not sure how to get yet, don’t tell me) are the only two trophies left for me that aren’t just clean do everything stuff. I’m sitting at 65% completion and 24/42 trophies so I’m getting fairly close to the end. I thought I’d be putting this game on hold when Alan Wake II drops, but at this point I’m excited to see it through first.

There's a trophy for doing 25ish Stealth takedowns, which can be a bit annoying to get in the post game, so I would highly reccomened knocking that one out before you beat the main story and clear out the map, if you havent already

Oh, and if anyone is struggling with it in the post game, here's what I did:
  • As Miles, Go to the Mysterium called "Punch your Ticket"
  • Web Line between the 2 buildings
  • Activate your invisibility and just lure enemies towards you with webs.

It's a bit finnicky to get the web line to activate there, but I proimse it works, I just got it myself with this method!

There's a trophy for doing 25ish Stealth takedowns, which can be a bit annoying to get in the post game, so I would highly reccomened knocking that one out before you beat the main story and clear out the map, if you havent already

It's a bit finnicky to get the web line to activate there, but I proimse it works, I just got it myself with this method!
For Slack Line I just used some of the hunter bases and abused Miles's invisiblity lol

got everyone on a single webline lol

Finished the main story. That was phenomenal. And I'm super hyped by everything that was teased for the sequel.

It was to be expected, but another Green Goblin tease. Looks like Norman is getting the Goblin serum at the end. I guess after the failure of testing the symbiote first on Harry, Norman will decide to first test the serum on himself this time.
Octopus seemingly coming back for the sequel. He is, after Green Goblin, arguably his second arch nemesis, so I guess it makes sense to bring him back for the final of the OG trilogy. Not that I doubt that more is coming after Spider-Man 3, especially since...

Silk is coming ! I didn't saw that coming. With Gwen Stacy seemingly not having known her sad fate, I thought they would adapt Ghost-Spider and make her happen without any multiverse stuff. But it's actually Silk who will be this world's Spider-Woman ! So hype because she's probably my favorite Spider-person design ever. And I love the character. I know people have usually bad feeling about this character because of the initial "we were bitten by the same spider so we constantly spray pheromones to each other which makes us want to constantly fuck each other" thing, but there's so much more to her than just that. She's bad ass, she has a sick ass costume, and the way she produce her webs is stylish af (through her fingertips, organic webs FTW). Wonder if they're doing the totem spider things given she's coming. It's another story line that is deemed controversial within the fanbase, but personally I love it, and I love Ezekiel. It was first brought up by Straczinsky, and I love to death his run.

There's rumors online about a solo Venom game that should be on the scale of the Miles Morales game. That would be awesome. Carnage would most likely be the villain I guess. So fucking wild that they adapted Scream of all symbiotes before Carnage lmao. Speaking of which, when Osborn went to the RAFT, and we don't immediately see who he's coming to see, we just see an orange inmate suit, not seeing the face, I thought it was Kasady lmao. Just imagine if they actually make Octavius become Carnage lmao

Edit : nevermind, actual Kasady is in the game, in the Flame side missions. I actually wondered if it could be Kasady when we first meet him but shrugged that thought off.

Last edited:
Finished the main story. That was phenomenal. And I'm super hyped by everything that was teased for the sequel.

It was to be expected, but another Green Goblin tease. Looks like Norman is getting the Goblin serum at the end. I guess after the failure of testing the symbiote first on Harry, Norman will decide to first test the serum on himself this time.
Octopus seemingly coming back for the sequel. He is, after Green Goblin, arguably his second arch nemesis, so I guess it makes sense to bring him back for the final of the OG trilogy. Not that I doubt that more is coming after Spider-Man 3, especially since...

Silk is coming ! I didn't saw that coming. With Gwen Stacy seemingly not having known her sad fate, I thought they would adapt Ghost-Spider and make her happen without any multiverse stuff. But it's actually Silk who will be this world's Spider-Woman ! So hype because she's probably my favorite Spider-person design ever. And I love the character. I know people have usually bad feeling about this character because of the initial "we were bitten by the same spider so we constantly spray pheromones to each other which makes us want to constantly fuck each other" thing, but there's so much more to her than just that. She's bad ass, she has a sick ass costume, and the way she produce her webs is stylish af (through her fingertips, organic webs FTW). Wonder if they're doing the totem spider things given she's coming. It's another story line that is deemed controversial within the fanbase, but personally I love it, and I love Ezekiel. It was first brought up by Straczinsky, and I love to death his run.

There's rumors online about a solo Venom game that should be on the scale of the Miles Morales game. That would be awesome. Carnage would most likely be the villain I guess. So fucking wild that they adapted Scream of all symbiotes before Carnage lmao. Speaking of which, when Osborn went to the RAFT, and we don't immediately see who he's coming to see, we just see an orange inmate suit, not seeing the face, I thought it was Kasady lmao. Just imagine if they actually make Octavius become Carnage lmao

Edit : nevermind, actual Kasady is in the game, in the Flame side missions. I actually wondered if it could be Kasady when we first meet him but shrugged that thought off.

I'm super excited by the direction they left off in. Norman has been such a fantastic character in these games. He's far from being a good person, but you could really sympathize with how much he loves Harry and is desprate not to lose him. I think when we see him fall into Goblin mode, it'll be just as emotional and tragic as Otto and Harry's were, but I really hope the series ends with Harry atleast getting a happy ending.

A Venom game or DLC would be awesome, I dont know how they'll explain this symbiote coming back but there's probably several ways they can do it, and maybe even have it end up with Eddie Brock now. (But they did such a good job with it, I'm cool if Harry is just this storys version of Venom until the end)

What I really want now is an Arkham Origins style prequel game where we see some of the villians that got killed off or redemmed in this game, I was suprised they took that many off the board for future games! The flashbacks of young Peter in this game really got me hoping we see more of the early years.

Finished the main story too, and yep, it was phenomenal.

The glitches I encountered numerous times AFTER today's patch tho, really makes me miss Nintendo games badly (also finished Mario Wonder today, loved it too).

I mean, the "Freeze frame to let you do your new power" glitch, I encountered it twice in Spider-Man 2, but also in Miles Morales AND Spider-Man 1. Three games, same glitch. Pause, reload to last checkpoint and pray random gods for the glitch to disappear.

Also in the Hunters Hideouts, sometimes the secondary objectives couldn't be completed at all, I was right in front of one of them and couldn't interact with it.

Or one of the suit you unlock after finishing the game : it didn't unlock. Yipee.

Anyway I can't wait to see what's next, even tho I don't know who the daughter is and why they had to not show her face. I guess this is for people who know the Miles Morales comic books well enough.

Yup I got that one! I usually try to clear rooms in stealth given the choice so I got that one very quickly. That new ability is busted haha.

I'm super excited by the direction they left off in. Norman has been such a fantastic character in these games. He's far from being a good person, but you could really sympathize with how much he loves Harry and is desprate not to lose him. I think when we see him fall into Goblin mode, it'll be just as emotional and tragic as Otto and Harry's were, but I really hope the series ends with Harry atleast getting a happy ending.

A Venom game or DLC would be awesome, I dont know how they'll explain this symbiote coming back but there's probably several ways they can do it, and maybe even have it end up with Eddie Brock now. (But they did such a good job with it, I'm cool if Harry is just this storys version of Venom until the end)

What I really want now is an Arkham Origins style prequel game where we see some of the villians that got killed off or redemmed in this game, I was suprised they took that many off the board for future games! The flashbacks of young Peter in this game really got me hoping we see more of the early years.
I agree. Norman Osborn/Green Goblin is my favorite super villain ever along with Dr Doom, and so far I've loved his portrayal in those games. Him actually loving his wife and son was a nice twist to his character, and it'll be real interesting to see how that changes the Green Goblin.

Yeah I was surprised they killed basically all of them off screen. Scorpion could have been the only one diying, they went overboard with also killing Electro, Shocker, Vulture lol. Was a bit surprised that Fisk isn't mentioned at all in the game. I liked how Spider-Man would ask him some intel in the first game, it would have been dope to continue to develop that.

Finished the game and once credits finish rolling I’ll grab the last thing for the Platinum quick. Playing this game was an absolute blast and I adore the characters at the heart of this story. The presentation is just thoroughly amazing throughout and I really dug all of the quiet moments placed throughout just as much as the big wild explosive set pieces. The only thing I didn’t care for was Venom, but I figured that walking in given I don’t care for the character. That said:

giving it to Harry who was fairly likable throughout and meant so much to Peter did make me care about him by proxy and I didn’t think they’d get to team up before the story shifted. The playable Venom section was also quite cool at least, he felt like a proper monster unleashed. I’ve never been a big fan of mind control stories so they did lose me a bit every time that would come up. When MJ got hit that was peak ridiculousness where half of me was like this is just getting supremely dumb and the other half was like well at least they went for it lol. Incidentally, MJ’s final level randomly being a third person shooter was fun. Final tangent from there, while I don’t care for Venom him “winning” for a bit and taking over New York and having to fight his big hordes did make for a spectacular ending. Going to be hard to top in the next game.

I’m still figuring out where Spider-Man 2 fits exactly, but it’s currently in my top five for the year. I enjoyed healing the world and I can’t wait to play whatever’s next for Spider-Man!

I did the Coney Island mission last night and that was simply lovely. I really enjoyed that entire thing, from start to finish.

I honestly thought this was gonna be one of the safest releases of 2023 for me, but now that I’ve rolled credits I think Spider-Man 2 is my least favorite of the trilogy so far. I like the general direction they were going for, and the technical ambition is really impressive, but it’s a much messier experience compared to the previous two games. Was expecting the opposite, so that was a disappointment.

Still a great game, but it really makes me appreciate the previous two games more in retrospect.

Nah, y'all crazy. This game is insane, haha. I've had a couple moments in the story that were a little iffy, but when it rolls, IT ROLLS.

I’ve been popping trophies like crazy tonight. I got the slack line trophy from one hunter base, I got the 30 air tricks and the “fly from one end of the city to the other” trophy one after the other, and I got the 100 baddies with spider arms trophy. Doing the same thing with evolved venom powers seems like it’s gonna be tougher. I’m not even half through through the game and I’ve decided I’m gonna get the platinum for this one. It’s just too good not to.

I’ve been popping trophies like crazy tonight. I got the slack line trophy from one hunter base, I got the 30 air tricks and the “fly from one end of the city to the other” trophy one after the other, and I got the 100 baddies with spider arms trophy. Doing the same thing with evolved venom powers seems like it’s gonna be tougher. I’m not even half through through the game and I’ve decided I’m gonna get the platinum for this one. It’s just too good not to.
Once Miles gets his third ability as long as you leave them active you should get Miles’ before long. I focused on Peter’s first since his are less deadly.

Finished up last night, it was really good! I only have the skill based trophies left to go (which I'm not sure I have the patience for... doing flips and that kinda thing) so will probably move on to Alan Wake now, but yeah they continue to be great experiences with some amazing moments and sequences (not sure if this one was shorter than the first, felt like I got through this a lot quicker but i may have just played it a lot more in a shorter period)

Just done the 100%, I'm only missing the 30 tricks trophy and that'll be it for the platinum trophy.

That was a cool week I've spent with it, and it left me super hype for Wolverine and whatever may hopefully comes next before Spider-Man 3.

I feel that the Chameleon tease at the end of the drones mission is more of a DLC bait than a sequel bait. Too much tied to Kraven.

Hopefully the Carnage tease is for a Venom game that loosely adapt Maximum Carnage, and not for Spider-Man 3.

Can you not have the sound during phone calls and podcasts come through the controller speaker? Think that would have worked well.

As someone who loved the first 2, I am, for some reason, not really digging this. Maybe I am just not in the mood.

How far into it are you? I really didn’t start enjoying it until the second half of the game, which was about 7~ hours in so it definitely took some commitment for me to get there.

Just started this, its awesome, but Pete being broke stretches my suspension of disbelief so much

My guy, just start a Twitch channel, or get on Youtube. Getting paid for being Spider-Man should not be hard. I guess there’d be concerns over his identity getting found out through that, but he’s super genius, you’d think he’d be able to figure something out.

Haven’t played Spider-Man 2 yet, but I already had issue with this in the first Spider-Man. The guy is a genius working with someone being funded by Oscorp. Like I get that Dr. Octavius was going to have his funding cut / might not have had “enough” funding to being with, but like to the extent that the guy can’t even pay a single assistant? With all the machinery and tech already present in the lab? Save a few microscopes or something and pay Parker lol.

If he ain't a broke bitch, he ain't Spider-Man!

also I would say this on par with 1, and way better than MM story wise

I finished the game. The back half of the game was just me nerding out at how spectacular everything turned out and ended. Loved it!

...It does have more than its fair share of bugs which are hopefully ironed out by the December patch.

Overall though as far as gameplay, presentation, story, narrative and side mission content are concerned it's now my GOTY.

How far into it are you? I really didn’t start enjoying it until the second half of the game, which was about 7~ hours in so it definitely took some commitment for me to get there.
I am just about 2 hours in, so maybe that’s it. I am not trying to crap on the game or anything but I don’t feel the immediate pull like I did with SM and MM.

So I checked and unless I have gotten better and faster at playing games (or Spider-Man specifically), which is possible then it was about 10hrs longer than Miles Morales (which I had 75% of trophies in and did most/all the content) and shorter than SM-1 by 10/15 hours or so probably (again 75% trophies) vs SM-2 with 94% trophies and only a few skill based ones left, so they were definitely going for a slightly leaner experience and probably focusing on more meaningful side content, but I did notice it being over a little quickly- suspect it may get some DLC like SM-1 though so we'll see, but I would say it felt a little bit short and they maybe rushed through Peter's Venom time, but it's hard to complain too much

Last edited:
Hats off to the devs for making such compelling side content. I’m 15 hours in and up to level 40, and I haven’t even gotten the black suit yet. I’ve been really digging into the side quests and collectibles. It’s so satisfying finding spider-bots or clearing Mysteriums. And I can justify spending all this time doing side missions instead of main story missions, because there’s two Spider-Men - while one of them is off doing something story-related, I tell myself that the other is busy goofing off with side stuff. Normally side content ruins immersion for me when there’s something urgent going on in the main quest, but having two main characters solves that problem.

With the missions with the ‘floating eye in the sky’ I seem to have 2 left judging by the dev diary collectibles but no more mission are popping up in the FNSM app for me to select? Do I have to hunt the last 2 down myself?

Finished this last night and I absolutely loved it. And of course I 100%d it as well like the first two. Normally I don’t care about trophies but I checked after I beat it and I’m only missing 5 so may hop back in tonight to clean those out.

Black Suit acquired. Followed by my second crash as I was on my way to the next main story mission.

Oh well. I need to go to bed anyway I guess..

I think I’m gonna focus on the story now. I’ve been doing so much side content it feels like I’m starting to run out of it. Like I know there’s more, there’s still types of missions and collectibles that I haven’t even unlocked yet. But at this point I’m level 40, I’ve got damage maxed out, health nearly maxed out, a few gadgets are fully upgraded, and all three skill trees are between 50% and 90% completed. I feel overpowered!

I managed to finish up over the weekend! Fantastic campaign, they really outdid themselves with this one I think. I really enjoyed them bringing in different elements from the comics but often in original ways or from angles I didn't expect them to, so it still keeps me guessing how things are going to go, it felt like the perfect kind of adapatation ot serve old and new fans alike. There was a nice emphatic step away from the spider cop stuff lol, having Miles as a character to get behind this time was awesome, I think they've done a great job telling his story and, oh, the MJ sections were actually really fun! It was great how aggressive you could be lol. Combat was a nice jump up, I found in the original it could be a bit stiff or awkward, camera did not always play super nice in busy combat scenarios but there are a lot of little tweaks towards the combat flow that just make it really satisfying to throw down, and adding a simple parry added a lot towards the boss encounters, some of which were insanely satisfying and genuinely tough lol. I also loved the addition of the web lines! Really proactive stealth where you can push towards the enemies you want to clear oppose to just sitting waiting for them to enter the zone you can perch above is great thinking and making the lines worked really well.

As actual open world games, I've had a bit of a rollercoaster with this series. The first game I didn't really think was that exciting or interesting to explore, Miles I enjoyed a lot more, I think because it was a tighter more compact experience, it meant the world had less to shoulder really. This game I think I've come to an acceptance or more an understanding with it. Generally I don't think they really achieved much more of an interesting world over the first game, there just isn't really that much in the way of unique or interesting landmarks or places to discover, the side quests are very basic go here and do these waves of enemies or collect this type stuff, there's one or two mission lines like the flame they obviously put a lot more effort into so those hold up more. That said, even if you play this game linearly as a story driven thing, you need that massive world canvas for the missions to exist in to do that chase or to hunt for the villain , or really cool stuff like

the late game new york make over

where having that big space is required. SO, even if I do not love it I can say hey this needs to be here anyway, like LA Noire or something, so it doesn't really matter what content is sprinkled around the sides, it's the main course and so it works. The only thing where that sticks a little is I do think hero tokens were a bit of a grind, particularly making skills/suit upgrades AND actual suits reliant on them to unlock, I think i'd have just made suits reliant on rare tech parts at higher unlock levels tbh. Since you need them for everything, it does kind of force you to just sit and bang out mysteriums or something at a certain point if you want to keep pace power arc wise with the escalating story difficulty, and obviously we all want to see the cool suits.

Overall though, even if these games don't entirely suit my tastes, I think enough of the really really good gooey stuff in the center dominates the experience that they largely work for me anyway and I really do hope they have more in the oven, even if presumably it would be a ways off with Wolverine coming. Hopefully this didn't read too negative, imo the real highpoint is the storytelling and the campaign and I didn't want to write a ton of stuff that needed spoiler tagged lol so I kind of ended up glossing over the best part.

Last edited:
Finished this with my friend on Sunday, did about 75% of the content. The more time I have to think about it the less I admire it. Have to say I was very surprised by how brief the third act is. Felt bummed seeing the point of no return pop up so quickly. Load time stuff was consistently impressive though
In other news I have started up Ultimate Spider-Man again and enjoying my Venom fix. doubt it was intentional but I did enjoy how reminiscent of the Ultimate moveset some of Venoms attacks were in the new game

I'm on mission 18, so quite a ways to go yet, but I just cannot stop doing side content. I've done nearly everything. Hunter bases, photo ops, sand crystals, mysteriums, FNSM missions are all done. I'm almost at max level, gadgets are fully upgraded, suit upgrades are nearly complete. I just unlocked the drone chase missions and I feel compelled to do them before doing more of the story. It's like a sickness.

I’m doing all of this as Miles, too. I needed to grind out his evolved venom powers for the trophy, plus I’m telling myself that Miles has to do this stuff because Pete is too busy being an asshole in his new black suit. It works for me.

Finished the story and got the platinum. My third plat! What an incredible game. Bring on the DLC and bring on the third game!

Finished the story and got the platinum. My third plat! What an incredible game. Bring on the DLC and bring on the third game!

Congrats! It's so good, especially that final run of missions. I got 100% in-game but I didn't care to get the platinum, I probably could if I wanted to though.

I grabbed a PS5 bundle with this a couple of days ago. I'm having a great time! I thought I'd share one glowing praise, one minor complaint, and a strange observation (that I hope is not redundant but apologize if it is):
  • That opening is hot! I feel like a lot of games I've played recently have bypassed bombastic openings for introductions that simply set a tone for the story, but this took me back to the second God of War (on PS2). I loved the swapping back and forth between Spider-Men while fighting a massive Sandman.
  • Maybe this is a side effect of almost exclusively playing Switch games for 7 years, but these controls are a lot! I feel like this game calls for a Steel Battalion style controller but had to settle for a DualSense. There are so many combinations that do so many different things that I'm constantly unsure if I'm doing what I want to do. I am improving though and I really like that you can basically do anything that Spidey does in the movies (especially the slingshot; that shit rules).
  • The glide wings are a great addition. That said, as an old who remembers Superman 64 I am shocked that a superhero game would ever ask you to fly through rings, even if it's just for optional speed boosts!
Anyways, this game is cool! I find it pretty hard to put down since there is always something to do in the city and most of the activities take a couple of minutes at most.

I grabbed a PS5 bundle with this a couple of days ago. I'm having a great time! I thought I'd share one glowing praise, one minor complaint, and a strange observation (that I hope is not redundant but apologize if it is):
  • That opening is hot! I feel like a lot of games I've played recently have bypassed bombastic openings for introductions that simply set a tone for the story, but this took me back to the second God of War (on PS2). I loved the swapping back and forth between Spider-Men while fighting a massive Sandman.
  • Maybe this is a side effect of almost exclusively playing Switch games for 7 years, but these controls are a lot! I feel like this game calls for a Steel Battalion style controller but had to settle for a DualSense. There are so many combinations that do so many different things that I'm constantly unsure if I'm doing what I want to do. I am improving though and I really like that you can basically do anything that Spidey does in the movies (especially the slingshot; that shit rules).
  • The glide wings are a great addition. That said, as an old who remembers Superman 64 I am shocked that a superhero game would ever ask you to fly through rings, even if it's just for optional speed boosts!
Anyways, this game is cool! I find it pretty hard to put down since there is always something to do in the city and most of the activities take a couple of minutes at most.

Tip on the wind tunnels/speed rings just in case you weren't aware - you can mostly just take your hands off the controller when you're in one. Your Spider-Man of choice will be automatically steered through it, except when there's more of a sharp turn. Also it doesn't work in the missions where you're flying after the hunter drone thingies.

Tip on the wind tunnels/speed rings just in case you weren't aware - you can mostly just take your hands off the controller when you're in one. Your Spider-Man of choice will be automatically steered through it, except when there's more of a sharp turn. Also it doesn't work in the missions where you're flying after the hunter drone thingies.
I thought I noticed that but I wasn't positive! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom