• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Marvel's Spider-Man 2 |ST| Back in Black

beat the game: better gameplay, wish more of the sidequest were about obscure spidy villains, soundtrack is pretty good, the story a step down from 1 and MM

8/10

I think one my only dissapointments with this game is that the Mysterio quest is locked to Miles only. He's one my favorite villians and I was really love the missions in the game with him, just wish I had the choice to do them as Peter to recreate shots and the feeling from the OG Spider-Man 2 game.

It's not really a big deal, but it was odd that unlike the Prowler or Museum quests, there was nothing story wise connected to Miles here that could have stopped it from being possible to play as both in this situation.
i feel like they gave him mysterio just because miles doesn't really have any villains in this otherwise (or in general outside of Prowler tbh)

beat the game: better gameplay, wish more of the sidequest were about obscure spidy villains, soundtrack is pretty good, the story a step down from 1 and MM

8/10

kinda of weird how I came into this game expecting Harry to be a disservice to Venom only for Venom to be a disservice to how good Harry was

Started playing on Saturday. Holy shit at the density of major set pieces. This is more a capital A action movie than the Spiderman movies. Just had a cute side mission of helping a guy set up a homecoming invitation to his partner, but overall it feels like there's too much stuff to do. Can't swing three meters without another side quest or trinket showing up. Honestly a bit maddening, also immediately starting four tutorials for different upgrade trees..

8984317ae6bb35c17ab3f055821172380e9c6f70df69e220d4b822337419b54a_1.jpg

Getting too old for this, just give me stuff don't let me craft and upgrade in menus.

But these are minor complaints when everything feels and looks so good.

Started today now that I’m 100% done with Mario Wonder. Wow what a start and just like the last two games I’m immediately hooked hard! Swinging around, punching bad guys, and saving the day is as addicting as ever and I already love the start of the story. For now I’m just kind of vibing my through which is refreshing, but I do plan to ultimately get the Platinum trophy like I did for the prior two games. I think I have a more calm week ahead so I should have plenty of time to enjoy it!

Enjoying this a lot so far. It's not mind blowing, but it's an excellent refinement and combination of the two prior games. Honestly if they crank out one of these every few years I won't be disappointed.

I think one my only dissapointments with this game is that the Mysterio quest is locked to Miles only. He's one my favorite villians and I was really love the missions in the game with him, just wish I had the choice to do them as Peter to recreate shots and the feeling from the OG Spider-Man 2 game.

It's not really a big deal, but it was odd that unlike the Prowler or Museum quests, there was nothing story wise connected to Miles here that could have stopped it from being possible to play as both in this situation.
So, I just finished the Mysterio side missions (it was awesome and the final one was fantastic !), and yeah there's really nothing that could have prevented it to be made by Peter (it doesn't even fuck with Miles' mind by bringing up Mister Negative appart from the first time in the main story)

So, I just finished the Mysterio side missions (it was awesome and the final one was fantastic !), and yeah there's really nothing that could have prevented it to be made by Peter (it doesn't even fuck with Miles' mind by bringing up Mister Negative appart from the first time in the main story)
Yeah, when you compare it to all the other missions, both Peter and Miles exclusive ones, it sort of feels like less of a story choice and more of a "we couldnt record Peter's quest dialogue in time" choice. I almost wonder if they'll patch it in later.

Started today now that I’m 100% done with Mario Wonder. Wow what a start and just like the last two games I’m immediately hooked hard! Swinging around, punching bad guys, and saving the day is as addicting as ever and I already love the start of the story. For now I’m just kind of vibing my through which is refreshing, but I do plan to ultimately get the Platinum trophy like I did for the prior two games. I think I have a more calm week ahead so I should have plenty of time to enjoy it!

Are you 100% done with Wonder if you haven't beat the whole game with the Auto-Hop Badge equipped?

I played a few hours yesterday and beat the opening mission. I could have gotten further by now, but I spent a lot of time with the optional things you can do while exploring the city. I think doing that was good for me because my memory of the combat is a lot more refreshed now. Looking forward to continuing!

Only thing I'm missing from the first game is how the gadgets work.
I liked it better how you equiped them with the wheel of gadgets, Ratchet & Clank style, and they all were used as your R1 weapon.
Now it feels like the web shooters is the main gadget, and the others are just some very optional, secondary tools.

Also very much missing the web bombs from the first game. That was my favorite gadget.

Beyond that, everything is basically much better. Better story telling, more interesting plot, better secondary objectives (more variety in gameplay, less long and tiresome to do, less focused on the player's performances), better fighting mechanics and traversal mechanics. Hell, even the MJ segments are totally different and more fun to play. It's basically a simpler The Last of Us sneaky gameplay.

Great game, and it really hypes me for their Wolverine game.

Only thing I'm missing from the first game is how the gadgets work.
I liked it better how you equiped them with the wheel of gadgets, Ratchet & Clank style, and they all were used as your R1 weapon.
Now it feels like the web shooters is the main gadget, and the others are just some very optional, secondary tools.

Also very much missing the web bombs from the first game. That was my favorite gadget.

Beyond that, everything is basically much better. Better story telling, more interesting plot, better secondary objectives (more variety in gameplay, less long and tiresome to do, less focused on the player's performances), better fighting mechanics and traversal mechanics. Hell, even the MJ segments are totally different and more fun to play. It's basically a simpler The Last of Us sneaky gameplay.

Great game, and it really hypes me for their Wolverine game.
I definitely agree about the gadgets. I don’t have them all unlocked yet, or even upgraded that much, but the new way you use them has made me use them much less. And when I do use one, I usually don’t remember which gadget is assigned to which face button so I just use one randomly.

I definitely agree about the gadgets. I don’t have them all unlocked yet, or even upgraded that much, but the new way you use them has made me use them much less. And when I do use one, I usually don’t remember which gadget is assigned to which face button so I just use one randomly.
You'll have to get used to it by the third act

PSA:
Be sure to do any FNSM request sidequest you see (The ones with the little blue spider-man head icon)
Those are the best ones in the game!
Yeah, they're good vibes.

The very last one got me a bit because
these bastards put me through Lee dying again.

This game is certainly buggier than the media let on. Usually Sony games are very polished.

Damn, this is a bummer. I wouldn't say Sony games are polished across the board, but usually games from Insomniac, ND, and SSM are. Makes me feel a bit better about not being able to play this for a few months or so to give them time to do a patch or two.

Still early on but the section where they used similar ideas from Ratchet and Clank was so cool! Really well done and actually felt next gen much like how R&C felt.

Just finished the main story last night and holy crap this game was so good, I was blown away. I've been a huge Spider-Man fan for 30 years and they really nailed character development in the game, and I love the way they adapted so many different storylines from the comics and meshed them into a cohesive original story. Also the
reveal/name drop at the end of the second post credits scene had me audibly gasp and clasp my hands to my mouth about the possibilities for Spider-Man 3.

Just beat it. What a damn game. Almost certainly Insomniac’s best in a while. Got 100% in game but gonna go for the last few trophies tomorrow.

Now to see if I can beat Mario before Alan Wake 2 on Friday, which I suppose shouldn’t be too hard considering the length.

Ranking 2023 games is gonna be fuckin impossible, man.

I would be a bit mad if Norman happens to become Venom, after all the Green Goblin teases in the first game, between all the green that Norman is wearing, and mostly all the Green Goblin techs being already conceptualized by Norman that we can see during MJ's mission in Norman's penthouse (the glider, the bombs, the armor...)
And Norman's Green Goblin is Spider-Man's arch nemesis, and my personal favorite super villain ever, along with Dr Doom, so I would be really disappointed if Norman becomes Venom, and that the Green Goblin is actually Harry in the sequel or something like that. I think Harry becoming Venom is just naturally where the story is going.
the reason i THINK it will be him is that I'm assuming Harry dies and Peter gets rid of it, Norman somewhat aware that Spider-Man took his sons symbiote one would have to assume (not at a point in the story to confirm or deny that theory, so just speculation), would be angry enough for Venom to jump to him and then be defeated, out for revenge and then going into Goblin mode for Spider-Man 3, but it could be any number of people (and suspect it may jump around a bit, but have only just finished the mission from the gameplay reveal with Miles and Peter going after Lizard)

This game has the coolest and best and fastest fast travel ever. Like, damn dude. Insomniac are showing off all over the place with this one.

Just started this, its awesome, but Pete being broke stretches my suspension of disbelief so much

My guy, just start a Twitch channel, or get on Youtube. Getting paid for being Spider-Man should not be hard. I guess there’d be concerns over his identity getting found out through that, but he’s super genius, you’d think he’d be able to figure something out.

They refined the gameplay and made this play much better.

But the writing took a huge hit. The story in the first game or even MM is much better.

I enjoyed my time with it though.

Just started this, its awesome, but Pete being broke stretches my suspension of disbelief so much

My guy, just start a Twitch channel, or get on Youtube. Getting paid for being Spider-Man should not be hard. I guess there’d be concerns over his identity getting found out through that, but he’s super genius, you’d think he’d be able to figure something out.
His uncle got murdered because he tried to make money as Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure making money as Spider-Man is number 1 at the top of his "Things not to do" list.

Was too tired to play yesterday, but today I was totally free and could play a ton. I jumped from roughly 12% completion iirc to around 43%. Feels like I’m getting fairly close to getting the Black Suit with Venom powers. The story is definitely heating up and I think tomorrow I’ll be actually getting into it.

Definitely agree with others here that the big side quests have been awesome so far. Sad I only have one or two left seemingly going by trophy percentage.

is it me or is the game super stingy with hero tokens? I’ve played ten hours, mostly side stuff, and i’ve only gotten four of them. and you need so many for upgrades!

is it me or is the game super stingy with hero tokens? I’ve played ten hours, mostly side stuff, and i’ve only gotten four of them. and you need so many for upgrades!
It's pretty weird for sure. Not exactly, but I'm basically doing everything available as it is available and it still feels tight.

"You want bread?"

"Yes please"

"$70"
BTW I might have to report your posts if you use Seinfeld memes without watching it. Also since you mentioned $70, buy Marvel's Spider-Man 2 out now for the PS5. Great game. Playing it right now.

I think they revealed in the first game that they wanted to work with him to make to make those plushies, but he couldn’t get paid without revealing his identity.

Which I guess makes sense, you can’t have a bank account without a name, an address, etc

I normally stop playing a game once I finish the main story, but I went through and finished a bunch of the side story lines yesterday and now that the icons on the map of things for me to do are starting to dwindle I'm getting a bit sad that once I have them all done there won't really be anything left for me to do except wait for occasional random crimes to pop up. And wait for the inevitable DLC that they have tantalisingly teased with at least one of the side stories.
I have a question, but it's spoilery so I'll put it in spoiler tags below.
I finished the side story with the Hunter Blinds last night, but I'm confused. Are all of Kraven's children dead? Ana mentioned in the voicemail that she had killed her mother and brother, but then after the voicemail ended Spider-Man said that Kraven's whole family was gone, implying Ana is also dead? While I was doing it I was wondering if it was teasing Kraven's children coming in a DLC, but after Spider-Man said they were all dead now I'm confused. I must have picked something up wrong, either the final voicemail or what Spider-Man said after.

I normally stop playing a game once I finish the main story, but I went through and finished a bunch of the side story lines yesterday and now that the icons on the map of things for me to do are starting to dwindle I'm getting a bit sad that once I have them all done there won't really be anything left for me to do except wait for occasional random crimes to pop up. And wait for the inevitable DLC that they have tantalisingly teased with at least one of the side stories.
I have a question, but it's spoilery so I'll put it in spoiler tags below.
I finished the side story with the Hunter Blinds last night, but I'm confused. Are all of Kraven's children dead? Ana mentioned in the voicemail that she had killed her mother and brother, but then after the voicemail ended Spider-Man said that Kraven's whole family was gone, implying Ana is also dead? While I was doing it I was wondering if it was teasing Kraven's children coming in a DLC, but after Spider-Man said they were all dead now I'm confused. I must have picked something up wrong, either the final voicemail or what Spider-Man said after.
There's a gunshot in the last voicemail that implies Kraven hired some goon to shoot her. He makes a snide comment about it at the very end.

Back
Top Bottom