• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
7's tracks are also just better suited to direct adaptation than wii's, since they already contain underwater and glider segments. wii tracks need to be remade with those in consideration unless they start doing them with fewer gimmicks
Yeah that's a good point, although I don't think we've seen many underwater segments in Tour/BCP returning tracks. It's mostly been glider ramps, which can sometimes be fit into courses without having to alter the geometry much

So... jumped the gun on those course IDs a litte bit. Today's update added Luigi's Raceway and Ghost Valley 2, and both ID gaps they fall into have closed up. It not only shows that the size of the ID gaps is irrelevant to the number of courses that slot between, but also that some of the courses initially assumed due to gaps are no longer on the board at all. I'm sure SNES Koopa Beach 1 shows up eventually anyway, but good luck to Moo Moo Farm and Mario Raceway...

Updated to remove the misfires.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

unknown.png

these easter egg objects have been found in the files of tour, similar to other holiday track objects

Most likely for the next Yoshi Tour, and hopefully the Yoshi's Island track

Dunno how to represent this on my image yet but it’s worth considering I feel.

I know we’re out of known N64 prefixes but you can’t rule out everything!

Dunno how to represent this on my image yet but it’s worth considering I feel.

I know we’re out of known N64 prefixes but you can’t rule out everything!

DS Bowser's Castle could be an interesting course to bring back, and one that hasn't seen a return at all if I recall correctly.

If I was building out my ideal Blue Shell cup, Bowser’s Castle N64 would be track number 3 of the cup. Number 4 is Rainbow Road Wii. Not sure what I’d want for tracks 1 and 2.

I think the original datamine spread of prefixes will remain accurate until the end, but a curveball wouldn’t be unwelcome either. I think the most telling evidence is that there are 8 more brand new Tour courses coming and there are 8 new spots left in the BCP (3 Tour City courses, 5 unknown).

If I was building out my ideal Blue Shell cup, Bowser’s Castle N64 would be track number 3 of the cup. Number 4 is Rainbow Road Wii. Not sure what I’d want for tracks 1 and 2.

I think the original datamine spread of prefixes will remain accurate until the end, but a curveball wouldn’t be unwelcome either. I think the most telling evidence is that there are 8 more brand new Tour courses coming and there are 8 new spots left in the BCP (3 Tour City courses, 5 unknown).
Important to remember that the unknown Tour tracks could also be referencing battle maps. All we have are the object files.

Important to remember that the unknown Tour tracks could also be referencing battle maps. All we have are the object files.
They might, but I'm kind of doubtful that they will introduce brand new battle maps in a hurry, they have a while bunch of appropriate city areas they can use first, besides the 30 something retro options.

They might, but I'm kind of doubtful that they will introduce brand new battle maps in a hurry, they have a while bunch of appropriate city areas they can use first, besides the 30 something retro options.
Who ever said they were coming anytime soon? Datamined objects aren’t indicative of anything happening in the near future. Could be years away still.

Definitely lost most of my DLC predictions, but very happy to be wrong! Peach Gardens looked awesome! Also half pipes!!!

The Peach Gardens remake looks beautiful, and the Merry Mountain song is as fantastic as I was expecting. But holiday sounds like the right release window for this one, as I expected as well.

Merry Mountain already sounding even more festive. Peach Gardens also looking great!

I watched it thinking, "Hehehe, I already know the next wave because I have no self-control and I looked at the music prefetches."

Is it just me, or does Peach Gardens look kinda meh? I dunno, the wide open space just doesn't look particularly good to me. Really looks like a Tour track, although I like the added touches with the topiary.

Merry Mountain looks fantastic though.

Is it just me, or does Peach Gardens look kinda meh? I dunno, the wide open space just doesn't look particularly good to me. Really looks like a Tour track, although I like the added touches with the topiary.

Merry Mountain looks fantastic though.
It looks a bit different, less grass/flower patches I think.

Is it just me or these two new courses look like MK8 courses? They look stunning, and it's so exciting to have real anti-grav again and not the half-assed implementation we saw on Sky High Sundae

Merry Mountain looks really good, and very detailed with beautiful lightning. With the antigrav sections we're getting close to that original 8 look.

Looks like certain wave 1 tracks will look worse with every wave coming… I really like how the new ones are looking.

With Peach Gardens, Wario Stadium, Tick Tock Clock, and Waluigi Pinball, the game has all my nostalgic DS favourites. The last one of the list of favourites is Airship Fortress, so I really hope that one is still coming.

I'll have my fingers crossed for Alpine Pass to look nice. On 3DS and Tour I really felt it was an empty, life-lacking track. I fear it will be the same for MK8DX, but fingers crossed that it will look better than I expect.

Back
Top Bottom