• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
YES a combination is officially confirmed! That will make this track many times better (at least to my liking!).

So I heard in Tour the train isn't a hazard, but in the tweet it says "watch out for the train". I hope it returns as a menace

I’m definitely intrigued by the new Kalimari Desert. I always loved the aesthetic of that course, but it isn’t my favorite to race on as the train can kill the pacing. Maybe the shifting routes will spice it up enough, but I’m worried I’ll prefer it was just a standard three lap track. Again maybe it will be something I like, but I was hoping they’d bring back going inside the mountain as just a cool Easter Egg after Royal Raceway sadly ditched Peach’s Castle.

Still very curious to play it and I hope I walk away hoping they make more tracks like it rather than the opposite. Only five days to go!

I don’t know how it works in Tour but I hope the train can still block your way. Probably unfun, yeah, but certainly a trait unique to that track.
You can trick off the train in Tour. You'll probably be able to do something similar here, otherwise the paraglider shortcut is way too OP. If you don't have a shroom and the train is coming you're screwed.

You can trick off the train in Tour. You'll probably be able to do something similar here, otherwise the paraglider shortcut is way too OP. If you don't have a shroom and the train is coming you're screwed.
The official tweets about Kalimari Desert warn you about the train so I am guessing it is back being a hazard. The reason why it isn't a hazard in Tour is because you cannot stop driving but in MK8DX, you can.

In MK7 the train was a hazard and the glider shortcut was there too… Nothing new on that part :p May be somewhat OP, but it never really bothered me in MK7 to be honest.

The KD2 sections of the track in the tunnel are gonna be intense in MK8D given how little room you have to stay on the sides of the track and avoid hitting the train head on.

The only reason you could jump the train in Tour was because you can’t brake. It was done out of necessity.

Now that it’s back in a normal control scheme, I’m anticipating the train to act the same as before.

I'm wondering if MKT gets a downgrade of this song or if it will be the same one :D
almost certainly a downgrade, MKT doesn't have strings in its soundfont and as far as i can tell, none of the music in tour is streamed rather than midi

I love that the courses are finally coming but how am I suppose to find the time to play them , xenoblade 3 and live a live ?
d8ldacpugc0x.gif

To me, it still feels weird that Nintendo skips out on Shy Guy Bazaar. I always felt like that was one of their “favoured” 3DS tracks. You know what, maybe they don’t really care about the cup names, and it will just be the last track of the Rock Cup?

At least it's the first antigrav track in the new DLC. I was sad that they did not include antigrav sections in the Switch ports from MK Tour...

Fun fact I found while browsing the Mario Wiki:
If one counts Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as one game, Mario Circuit 3 is tied with SNES Rainbow Road as the course that has appeared in the Mario Kart series the most, at five appearances.

This does look a whole lot better than wave 1. The grass for example looks much more detailed compared to some wave 1 stuff (Shroom Ridge for example).

Also the texture work on the Sundae track is gorgeous.
I am thinking they started not quite as long before so i am thinking wave 1 had less dev time. Considering they were showing incomplete tracks prior to release where as these look pretty final.

If they fix Toad Circuit’s grass I’d be very happy. Everything else I’m largely fine with, but that grass is just ew.
Yeah idc care that much about the graphics debacle from wave 1 but that TC grass really is killer. That and some of the buildings in the Paris and Tokyo, but that I can live with.

I can’t tell if the grass in NY Minute in the Booster Pass is textureless. It kinda looked like it but I didn’t look closely.

Early wave 3 prediction:

Rock Cup:
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • DS Delfino Square
  • GBA Bowser’s Castle 2
  • 3DS Alpine Pass (but I could see them easily skipping this one too)

Moon Cup:
  • Tour London Loop
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • Merry Mountain
  • 3DS Rainbow Road

Okay so, we have some kind of “pattern” with the first two waves in which we both get two tracks that haven’t been in Tour before their release in MK8DX. I believe this pattern will continue to make the BCP stand out from MKT, thus I predict two new tracks, Mushroom City (or Bridge, but fingers crossed for City) and Delfino Square (it’s just a fan favourite that I hope they won’t skip).

Early wave 3 prediction:

Rock Cup:
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
  • DS Delfino Square
  • GBA Bowser’s Castle 2
  • 3DS Alpine Pass (but I could see them easily skipping this one too)

Moon Cup:
  • Tour London Loop
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • Merry Mountain
  • 3DS Rainbow Road

Okay so, we have some kind of “pattern” with the first two waves in which we both get two tracks that haven’t been in Tour before their release in MK8DX. I believe this pattern will continue to make the BCP stand out from MKT, thus I predict two new tracks, Mushroom City (or Bridge, but fingers crossed for City) and Delfino Square (it’s just a fan favourite that I hope they won’t skip).
I’d swap Alpine Pass for a different 3DS course and maybe London for Vancouver and those are pretty much my current calls for Wave 3 too. It’d be nice to see GBA Bowser Castle 3 or 4 but i’m feeling like 2 will be the one to make it into 8DX right now.

London Loop looks really generic and bland and the music sucks in my opinion, but I guess it's better to get it out the way sooner rather than later.
It may be bias (because I am British), but I quite like the track and I am curious about how all of the variants will work together.

London Loop looks really generic and bland and the music sucks in my opinion, but I guess it's better to get it out the way sooner rather than later.
Can’t say I care much for the track either but I cannot wait to hear the music in MK8DX. Those guitars are gonna sound incredible.

Fun fact, every mainline Mario Kart game features either SNES Rainbow Road or the Fake Item Box, but never both

Back
Top Bottom