• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
I was seriously hoping for Vancouver Velocity or Berlin Byways on this wave, mostly to get remixes of their banging songs; but this wave is actually pretty legit anyway.

Why is everyone speculating Merry Mountain is the next ??? course again? Merry Mountain is a tour track and not a new track releasing first in 8D. MM will likely be one the remaining Tour tracks, not one of the remaining ??? tracks.

Why is everyone speculating Merry Mountain is the next ??? course again? Merry Mountain is a tour track and not a new track releasing first in 8D. MM will likely be one the remaining Tour tracks, not one of the remaining ??? tracks.
Ninja Hideaway wasn't a new track first released in 8DX either. Just seems like the non-city Tour original courses will all be treated like new courses in-game.

I know this is not likely at all given that it's important to balance the tracks all of the older games, but I really hope we get less SNES and GBA tracks, as they mostly lack in detailed layouts. I know a lot of people have nostalgia for these games, but I think the overall diversity of the tracks on offer would benefit more from picking from the GCN, Wii and 3DS tracks

Sky-High Sundae is also a tour track??
It is a “New” track according to the video and the fine print says it will come to Tour also.

I said back when I was first predicting original tracks there was a great chance the line for where new courses come from or were made for would be blurred as they hit both games in quick succession. I think they are correctly prioritizing showcasing the Booster Course Pass version first as it is significantly more exciting to see it hit here than in Tour.

So there's 4 Double Dash courses coming in total, and how likely are those below:
  • Daisy Cruiser (since it's coming to Tour, probably right?)
  • Dino Dino Jungle (already in Tour, so maybe?)
  • DK Mountain (The Cannon one, dear god please)
  • Mushroom City/Wario Colosseum

I can die happy if I get either of those, someone either reinforce my dreams or kill them dead

Best case scenario for me when it comes to Double Dash tracks: (only the likely ones considered)

• Waluigi Stadium
  • Daisy Cruiser
  • DK Mountain
  • Mushroom City

From DS I want Luigi’s Mansion, Delfino, and Airship because I love LM1, I love Sunshine, and the iconic SMB3 airships as a track location sounds fun and clever. But there’s only two DS left. Someone please tell me one of these sucks.
Best case scenario for me when it comes to Double Dash tracks: (only the likely ones considered)

• Waluigi Stadium
  • Daisy Cruiser
  • DK Mountain
  • Mushroom City
My best case is pretty similar except I’d swap DK for Dino Dino. Honestly I feel like Waluigi, Daisy and Dino Dino are pretty likely (in Waluigi’s case locked obvi) since they’re already in…I’m hesitant about getting my hopes up for City, though.

Could be Bridge that comes to Tour instead, could be an entirely different GCN track gets added to Tour and then gets picked for BCP, etc. But it’s probably the GCN track I want the most.

So there's 4 Double Dash courses coming in total, and how likely are those below:
  • Daisy Cruiser (since it's coming to Tour, probably right?)
  • Dino Dino Jungle (already in Tour, so maybe?)
  • DK Mountain (The Cannon one, dear god please)
  • Mushroom City/Wario Colosseum

I can die happy if I get either of those, someone either reinforce my dreams or kill them dead
Waluigi Stadium was found in the banner, and evidence of Mushroom Bridge and/or City, as well as DK Mountain were found in the files for Tour. Admittedly, this hits my personal preference for DD tracks not already in the game, with the exception of Wario Colosseum, possibly one of my favourite tracks in the entire series.

Not sure if we get City OR Bridge tbh, I feel like thanks to Tour, we’ll get PLENTY of Town/City themed tracks, and there’ll be no need for those two (despite how great I think they are), we even already have a traffic stage in the BCP with Shroom Ridge.

My expectations at this point:
  • Daisy Cruiser
  • Dino Dino Jungle
  • DK Mountain
  • Waluigi Stadium
But I’d swap out any of the last three for Colosseum in a heartbeat

The US trailer for Wave 2 is already at 1.4 Million views. The thirst is real.

I'm thinking over whether we will get more than 1 Rainbow Road here or not. That pesky final Wii track in wave 6 is throwing me off because otherwise I feel like 3DS Rainbow Road is the go-to choice for wave 3.

Waluigi Stadium was found in the banner, and evidence of Mushroom Bridge and/or City, as well as DK Mountain were found in the files for Tour. Admittedly, this hits my personal preference for DD tracks not already in the game, with the exception of Wario Colosseum, possibly one of my favourite tracks in the entire series.

Not sure if we get City OR Bridge tbh, I feel like thanks to Tour, we’ll get PLENTY of Town/City themed tracks, and there’ll be no need for those two (despite how great I think they are), we even already have a traffic stage in the BCP with Shroom Ridge.

My expectations at this point:
  • Daisy Cruiser
  • Dino Dino Jungle
  • DK Mountain
  • Waluigi Stadium
But I’d swap out any of the last three for Colosseum in a heartbeat
Daisy Cruiser is just too good of a track to not get into the BCP. Easily top 5 Mario Kart tracks, across the board

I'm thinking over whether we will get more than 1 Rainbow Road here or not. That pesky final Wii track in wave 6 is throwing me off because otherwise I feel like 3DS Rainbow Road is the go-to choice for wave 3.
Regardless of the final track, I’d be very surprised if we only get 1 Rainbow Road in a 48 track DLC.

Merry Mountain will be the "new" track for Wave 3. They aren't going to hold it for Wave 6, when they clearly will need time to get those new tracks out for both games.

Curious what the datamines reveal, once the update is up for download.

So I basically gave up for an announcement this week and went off to Liverpool yesterday and then Wave 2 gets announced an hour into my journey there!? I am soooooooo hyped!!

Had to refresh my memory of mushroom city recently, it's a pretty strange track, would be surprised if it makes it in.
Its a cool track, Ive only played it as a custom track in MKWii and it works well there. I dont care too much if it doesnt make it into MK8DX as we have a fair amount of city tracks already.

Just realised how massive and amazing this Mario Kart is going to feel like track-wise when all the DLC is going to be released. Lots of fan favourites in one game! Also, remember the time Mario Kart games just had 16 tracks? Now we're going to have a whopping 96 tracks! A true celebration of Mario Kart history, and I think that's amazing.

From DS I want Luigi’s Mansion, Delfino, and Airship because I love LM1, I love Sunshine, and the iconic SMB3 airships as a track location sounds fun and clever. But there’s only two DS left. Someone please tell me one of these sucks.
Out of those Luigi’s Mansion is definitely the worst as a racetrack. It was a Mushroom Cup course in DS so it isn’t very complicated; and unfortunately it doesn’t do a lot with the LM theming. The segment inside the mansion is so short! I still would’ve liked to see it if there were enough slots, but as it is i’m rooting for Delfino Square despite the odds (it isn’t in Tour yet and Luigi’s Mansion is).

Airship Fortress is definitely a lock as the other DS course though, you can book that one.

Since everyone is talking about Double Dash courses right now i’ll throw in my two cents there too. It’s hard to imagine them picking both DK Mountain and Dino Dino Jungle for the DLC, considering they share music and have a similar aesthetic / theme. With Wii DK Summit likely coming via the banner, and a potential new DK themed course coming to Tour (and by extension this game) I think we’ll have enough DK in 8DX without Mountain (or Pass from DS).

My current expectations are:

• Waluigi Stadium
  • Daisy Cruiser
  • Dino Dino Jungle
  • Mushroom City

Bridge is as possible as City, but I really think the latter is happening now. My personal wants before any leaks and rumors would’ve been Wario Colosseum in place of Waluigi Stadium and Bowser’s Castle in place of Dino Dino Jungle, but I don’t expect either of those now.

If Nintendo puts DS Luigi's Mansion into the Booster Course Pass, they'll probably just reuse the remix of the song they did for Battle Mode, and that alone makes me not want it. Already don't love that they reused a song for Waluigi Pinball and I want that minimized going forward.

For that reason (besides them also having similar aesthetics), I agree with MondoMega on us not getting both DK Mountain and Dino Dino Jungle. And as much as I prefer DK Mountain, I think we get Dino Dino Jungle.

Here's my predictions for the remaining retro tracks not counting Tour cities or nitros.

1 SNES
Choco Island 2 / Ghost Valley 2

I feel like it's one of these two themes. The track number I don't have strong feelings towards, just went with 2 for both. After seeing Snow Land I'm not sure about Vanilla Lake as we will probably have enough snow themes.

3 GBA
Sunset Wilds
Cheep Cheep Island
Luigi Circuit / Boo Lake / Broken Pier

First two are obvious as they're in Tour. The 3rd one I know Luigi Circuit is speculated for Tour. I didn't pick Yoshi Desert as I feel like there will be enough desert tracks in the BCP and we could be lacking in ghost tracks hence Boo Lake / Broken Pier.

4 GCN

Daisy Cruiser
Waluigi Stadium
Dino Dino Jungle / DK Mountain
Mushroom City / Mushroom Bridge

Mushroom City/ Bridge is based on Tour datamining. Picked 1 of them cause they both cover a similar aesthetic, same with either Dino Dino Jungle or DK Mountain.

2 DS

Mario Circuit / Luigi's Mansion/ Delfino Square
Airship Fortress

I think Airship Fortress is a lock, but don't know about them doing Luigi's Mansion for the 2nd DS track. Delfino Square is a fan favorite, and I could see us getting another Mario Circuit besides from SNES hence the DS version of it here.

4 Wii

DK Summit
Koopa Cape
Maple Treeway
Rainbow Road

The first 3 are in Tour and that final track in the Spiny Shell Cup feels made for Wii Rainbow Road.

2 3DS

Rock Rock Mountain / Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road

3DS Rainbow Road is a really popular track from MK7 and fits as a cup finale. The other one I'm not sure on but I'm feeling either Rock Rock Mountain or Bowser's Castle would fit. Could be Bowser's Castle so we get at least 1 of them in the BCP, as the only other obvious Bowser's Castle would be GBA's and I have a feeling they won't pick that iteration.

Where is the sudden Delfino Square speculation coming from? It wasn’t datamined right?

And also, no Bowser’s Castle in a 48 track pack feels weird man. And if the 3DS Rock Rock Mountain / Rainbow Road are right, that means no 3DS Bowser’s Castle. The only other logical BC is the GBA version. And please give me BC2, I love that version. But right now I’m pretty certain GBA has a BC in the track list. Really hoping it’s not BC1, I think that one is pretty boring…

What I think we can be pretty certain about:

GBA Sunset Wilds and a version of Bowser’s Castle
GCN Daisy Cruiser, Waluigi Stadium and I tend to say Dino Dino Jungle (although I would rather see DK Mountain, but well, this one seems like a given and I don’t think we will get both)
DS Airship Fortress
Wii Koopa Cape, DK Summit, Maple Treeway and Rainbow Road
3DS Rainbow Road, and a 95% chance of Rock Rock Mountain

Friends...

Imagine the remix of GBA Bowser's Castle. Imagine the electric guitar!

That alone could be enough justification for it to be in the Booster Course Pass.

Friends...

Imagine the remix of GBA Bowser's Castle. Imagine the electric guitar!

That alone could be enough justification for it to be in the Booster Course Pass.

I am absolutely okay with a GBA Bowser’s Castle…

As long as it’s not BC1 when you have much more interesting versions right in front of you, one even IN TOUR. And the others probably waiting to be released in Tour.

I am absolutely okay with a GBA Bowser’s Castle…

As long as it’s not BC1 when you have much more interesting versions right in front of you, one even IN TOUR. And the others probably waiting to be released in Tour.
Hey, we did get SNES Mario Circuit 3 over any of the others. There's hope!

Fun fact: with the Nintendo gigaleak, I am pretty sure it revealed that the first ever Mario Kart track that was ever created was Mario Circuit 3!
Yes, the map with the earliest creation date in the Gigaleak is an early version of what became Mario Circuit 3, dated July 11th 1991.

SMK_prerelease_ZE2-X.png

SMKFinal_MC3.png

The layout is based on the real world Circuito de Jerez in Spain, so it was likely intended to just be a test map but ended up sticking around in the final game.

0OWWcmD.jpg

Here's my predictions for the remaining retro tracks not counting Tour cities or nitros.

1 SNES
Choco Island 2 / Ghost Valley 2

I feel like it's one of these two themes. The track number I don't have strong feelings towards, just went with 2 for both. After seeing Snow Land I'm not sure about Vanilla Lake as we will probably have enough snow themes.

3 GBA
Sunset Wilds
Cheep Cheep Island
Luigi Circuit / Boo Lake / Broken Pier

First two are obvious as they're in Tour. The 3rd one I know Luigi Circuit is speculated for Tour. I didn't pick Yoshi Desert as I feel like there will be enough desert tracks in the BCP and we could be lacking in ghost tracks hence Boo Lake / Broken Pier.

4 GCN

Daisy Cruiser
Waluigi Stadium
Dino Dino Jungle / DK Mountain
Mushroom City / Mushroom Bridge

Mushroom City/ Bridge is based on Tour datamining. Picked 1 of them cause they both cover a similar aesthetic, same with either Dino Dino Jungle or DK Mountain.

2 DS

Mario Circuit / Luigi's Mansion/ Delfino Square
Airship Fortress

I think Airship Fortress is a lock, but don't know about them doing Luigi's Mansion for the 2nd DS track. Delfino Square is a fan favorite, and I could see us getting another Mario Circuit besides from SNES hence the DS version of it here.

4 Wii

DK Summit
Koopa Cape
Maple Treeway
Rainbow Road

The first 3 are in Tour and that final track in the Spiny Shell Cup feels made for Wii Rainbow Road.

2 3DS

Rock Rock Mountain / Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road

3DS Rainbow Road is a really popular track from MK7 and fits as a cup finale. The other one I'm not sure on but I'm feeling either Rock Rock Mountain or Bowser's Castle would fit. Could be Bowser's Castle so we get at least 1 of them in the BCP, as the only other obvious Bowser's Castle would be GBA's and I have a feeling they won't pick that iteration.
I think i'll follow your lead and give my current predictions for the remaining retro selections:

SNES: 2
  • SNES Mario Circuit 3 ✅
  • SNES Ghost Valley 2/3
Before the Wave 2 reveal I was on-board with Vanilla Lake 2 being the second SNES course, but Snow Land blindsided me in multiple regards. Now I think we'll be getting one of the Ghost Valley courses; all of them are coming to Tour eventually after all. Ghost Valley 2 was even officially announced for Tour in 2020 but has bizarrely disappeared since, with 3 datamined since. One of the two will make it.

N64: 2
  • N64 Choco Mountain ✅
  • N64 Kalimari Desert ✅
If the prefixes are 100% accurate, then we're done here. Shame, because I would've welcomed rescuing Koopa Troopa Beach from Tour too; or another returning course that has been remade before like Banshee Boardwalk or Bowser's Castle.

GBA: 5
  • GBA Sky Garden ✅
  • GBA Snow Land ✅
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • GBA Bowser Castle 2/3
  • GBA Lakeside Park
Sunset Wilds was on the datamined banner, so we may as well tick that one off too. I think one of the Bowser Castle courses will have to come over eventually, and I vote for any of them but the first. 3 isn't in Tour yet, but there's reason to believe at least one more GBA BC is coming to the game and it was remade in Wii prior (where it was decently well liked, I believe), so I see it as possible. As for the last GBA course... i'm really not too sure. Tour has Cheep-Cheep Island, Luigi Circuit and Yoshi Desert to pick from; but there's also the posibility of another wildcard choice, so i'll try to will Lakeside Park into reality.

GCN: 4
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
Gave my reasoning for these picks above, so I don't need to repeat myself. You could swap Mushroom City for Mushroom Bridge or Dino Dino Jungle for DK Mountain, but I think the other two are locked in.

DS: 4
  • DS Shroom Ridge ✅
  • DS Waluigi Pinball ✅
  • DS Delfino Square
  • DS Airship Fortress
Here's another one where i'll go against sense and Tour datamining in favor of the track I really want. Airship Fortress is guaranteed, and realistically Luigi's Mansion should be the other DS course, but I really want Delfino Square to make it. There's nothing really pointing towards it; spare an interactable gondola object like the ones that appear in Delfino Plaza (didn't exist in the original course or Wii version, but could be added for Reverse / Trick versions perhaps?); but it's the one I want to see the most. Expect to be wrong though.

Wii: 6
  • Wii Coconut Mall ✅
  • Wii Mushroom Gorge ✅
  • Wii DK Summit
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • Wii Maple Treeway
  • Wii Rainbow Road
All of our datamined info makes this selection the easiest to place; three of the courses are on the datamined banner, and with the Spiny Cup ending in a Wii course Rainbow Road is the natural best choice to fit. Tour will have Dry Dry Ruins to pick but it seems they'll be passing on that.

3DS: 3
  • 3DS Toad Circuit ✅
  • 3DS ???
  • 3DS Rainbow Road
Rainbow Road is a lock based on the banner and Moon Cup prefixes, but for the other 3DS course coming in Wave 3 there's just too many options available. Tour already has every 3DS course besides the Wuhu tracks available to pick from, and those two are coming eventually as well; so there's no easy choice to make here. I'd personally want to see Shy Guy Bazaar, Wuhu Island (both Wuhu courses combined) or Wario's Galleon; but Alpine Pass feels like a possible option too.

I'm also holding out hope that perhaps Wave 4-6 will be shuffled around a bit (it is weird that they all feature GCN and Wii courses in the same spots each time), and that perhaps two of the blanks in Wave 6 will end up being retro courses after all. Would be nice to open up another spot for N64 and 3DS; as both of those games being exhausted by the end of Wave 3 with so few tracks is a weird outcome.

Last edited:
Not sure if we get City OR Bridge tbh, I feel like thanks to Tour, we’ll get PLENTY of Town/City themed tracks, and there’ll be no need for those two
This would make sense and I hope you’re wrong.
Out of those Luigi’s Mansion is definitely the worst as a racetrack. It was a Mushroom Cup course in DS so it isn’t very complicated; and unfortunately it doesn’t do a lot with the LM theming. The segment inside the mansion is so short!
Well I’m “glad” to hear that at least. Bummer the indoor section is so short - what were they thinking! Could’ve been really really cool cleverly weaving through that whole mansion.
Bridge is as possible as City, but I really think the latter is happening now.
What’s making you lean toward City now?

Last edited:
What’s making you lean toward City now?
The continued absence of Paratroopa in Tour. Internally in Double Dash Mushroom City is Paratroopa’s home course (Bridge is Koopa Troopa’s) so it’s my personal theory that they’ll be debuting together. I think it’s possible that either of them could be one of those courses that debuts in 8DX before Tour; like Coconut Mall and Shroom Ridge in Wave 1 and Snow Land in Wave 2.

I know this is not likely at all given that it's important to balance the tracks all of the older games, but I really hope we get less SNES and GBA tracks, as they mostly lack in detailed layouts. I know a lot of people have nostalgia for these games, but I think the overall diversity of the tracks on offer would benefit more from picking from the GCN, Wii and 3DS tracks
I think you missed the fact that while they are keeping SNES tracks simple. (Even in case of Mario Circuit 3 they did included elements from its RMX variant in Tour like brick blocks and flags to make it more interesting) They are willing to take huge liberties with GBA tracks. And Super Circuits actually have one of more varied theming out of all Mario Kart games too.

As you see with both the original DLC and Booster Courses Pass. Not only they were given a complete makeover. The track layout were also changed quite significantly too. No longer just a flat road, and new set pieces were created to support it. (Snow Land in particular is looking spectacular) So they're probably keeping SNES tracks low, but I am all in for more GBA tracks.

The continued absence of Paratroopa in Tour. Internally in Double Dash Mushroom City is Paratroopa’s home course (Bridge is Koopa Troopa’s) so it’s my personal theory that they’ll be debuting together. I think it’s possible that either of them could be one of those courses that debuts in 8DX before Tour; like Coconut Mall and Shroom Ridge in Wave 1 and Snow Land in Wave 2.
Oh nice catch. Really hope you’re right.

Really weird when you think GBA was the most underrepresented in the base game of 8 (with just Mario Circuit), and when this all ends it will have 8 circuits in the whole game! That’s more than the total number of N64 tracks, which was a whopping 4 in the base game (the most of all) and is just adding two more, which will mean 6 tracks in total. It just doesn’t make sense, number wise :D

DeepL translation: Hop all aboard for a journey through the Kalimari Desert from Mario Kart 64! The track version in #MarioKart 8 Deluxe - Booster Track Pass changes every round, including a shortcut through the tunnel. Watch out for the train!

It now functions like a Mario Kart Tour city track which is awesome by combining the original Kalimari Desert and Tour's Kalimari Desert 2!

Edit: English tweet now up

Back
Top Bottom