• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Someone in the comments mentioned that the SNES track hint seems like Mario Circuit 3, hence the three Marios. I remember that one had some tricky turns on the Wii.

the music makes it absolutely essential though

I can't wait to hear it arranged in the 8 style
It's the one saving grace, for sure. The music made even Toad Circuit a worthwhile addition in the first set of courses. To remind everyone...

Someone in the comments mentioned that the SNES track hint seems like Mario Circuit 3, hence the three Marios. I remember that one had some tricky turns on the Wii.
Mario Circuit 3 specifically would probably be the most interesting choice, might as well go for the more complex one over, say, Mario Circuit 1.

Speaking of Toad Circuit, it got a killer remix back in Smash 4, too! Remixed by Junichi Nakatsuru, who also did the menus for 4 and Ultimate, 4's Final Destination Ver. 2, Ultimate's Battlefield, and more:

It was so annoying forcing myself to be more silent around here, but I guess if the cat (or rat) is out of the bag...

I have my own reason to believe that list is correct, as surprising as a random SamusHunter parody being accurate seems. It's SNES Mario Circuit 3 specifically (a surprise since Circuit 1 was on the datamined banner), and the last course is one you haven't seen before; a fun twist I think people will be happy with. Hope we do see them tonight but I wouldn't know anything about reveal or release timing. We'll have to wait and see.

the music makes it absolutely essential though

I can't wait to hear it arranged in the 8 style
Absolutely, I can't wait to hear it.

It was so annoying forcing myself to be more silent around here, but I guess if the cat (or rat) is out of the bag...

I have my own reason to believe that list is correct, as surprising as a random SamusHunter parody being accurate seems. It's SNES Mario Circuit 3 specifically (a surprise since Circuit 1 was on the datamined banner), and the last course is one you haven't seen before; a fun twist I think people will be happy with. Hope we do see them tonight but I wouldn't know anything about reveal or release timing. We'll have to wait and see.

gM94G_LJ8U-7vsXe.jpg

Wow, if that really is the track list, and it includes an entirely new track, then that pretty much locks in the track origin datamine as legitimate. That final wave is going to be absolutely bonkers if that's the case.

Considering that you've been staying silent, I won't ask for the contents of the leak nor how it was found, but I am curious as to the extent of it. Has the entire BCP leaked? Or is is just Wave 2?

Oh, and since the new courses are imminent, along with updating the courses graphic, I'll likely be refreshing the banners to show the new courses. Before I replace them, though, one of the banners has a Mario enemy cameo that I'm surprised nobody mentioned or questioned. Take a look before the banner gets replaced - though realistically I'll just post the old banners here for posterity.

I'll throw in a new cameo for at least one of the refreshed banners - regulars of this thread will likely be able to recognize it and why it's there!

Kinda nuts to think they'd do a new course after marketing the DLC as entirely ported tracks. I'm sure it's been made for Tour and hasn't debuted yet there, but it makes you wonder.

For an original course, I could see something at the scale of Ninja Hideaway that's eventually ported to Tour.

Unless we do get an F-ZERO track like the Speculation thread suggests, in which it'll probably be a little wilder.

Given that the next Tour will be revealed at some point tomorrow night or early Thursday morning, I wonder if they'll sync the new track with the next Tour, just like what they did with Ninja Hideaway when the first wave launched.

Rooting both for your end of semester and for more Mario Kart news!
Thank you very much!! I can't wait for my vacation, even tho it's just a bit less than one month, I really need to rest. And play video games of course. Playing Odyssey and Breath of the Wild saved my life, but ever since my university came back and barely touch my Switch. Some new Mario Kart tracks to play with my friends would really cheer me up.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. 😀

DAMN WALUIGI PINBALL!!! Can't wait to see how it looks. Also, ANOTHER RAINBOW ROAD FINALLY!(I love them). And if the ??? means a new track... Damn!!!

Given that the next Tour will be revealed at some point tomorrow night or early Thursday morning, I wonder if they'll sync the new track with the next Tour, just like what they did with Ninja Hideaway when the first wave launched.
The next Tour seems like it'll be beach themed, so if it is an F-Zero track that comes, those two wouldn't really match up.

Also Ninja Hideaway was in Tour at least a few months before the DLC started.

For an original course, I could see something at the scale of Ninja Hideaway that's eventually ported to Tour.

Unless we do get an F-ZERO track like the Speculation thread suggests, in which it'll probably be a little wilder.
Which F-Zero course would fit the hint of Mario in space? My understanding was that F-Zero tracks were all set on planets.

The next Tour seems like it'll be beach themed, so if it is an F-Zero track that comes, those two wouldn't really match up.

Also Ninja Hideaway was in Tour at least a few months before the DLC started.
We don’t know if it’s an F-Zero track though. That might be referring to something else entirely.

I’m also aware that Ninja Hideaway was already in Tour, but that doesn’t change the fact that they brought it back for a Tour for the sole purpose of advertising the BCP. They could easily do that again with a new track.

I’d be very ok with that leaked track line up with Mario Circuit 3 in there. Rainbow Road GBA was one of my no way they’ll do it, but it’d be so cool if they did wants. The bounce pads of that course aren’t really in 8, but I’d love to see them and Boo Lake’s make it in.

I left right when You Got Boost Power was briefly getting discussed and left on lower your expectations. I was thinking then how cool it would be if we got another F-Zero track in Mario Kart, I’m somewhat afraid to dare to dream it will be as cool as Mute City and Big Blue (my favorite tracks in 8), but how cool would it be if we got one of those tube tracks from F-Zero X and GX. Like Fire Field in GX. It would of course be all anti grav which would be awesome!

Edit I said Boo Lake, I meant Broken Pier.

Last edited:
New York Minute SNES Mario Circuit Kalimari Desert Waluigi Pinball Sydney Sprint GBA Rainbow Road Wii Mushroom Gorge ???

If that is what it ends up being, I'll be happy with that lot.

Right now, I think I'd take any tracks at ll. I've played the previous eight to death.

We don’t know if it’s an F-Zero track though. That might be referring to something else entirely.
Right, I'm just saying if it is an F-Zero track, they won't be synced.

I’m also aware that Ninja Hideaway was already in Tour, but that doesn’t change the fact that they brought it back for a Tour for the sole purpose of advertising the BCP. They could easily do that again with a new track.
Well they'd be doing it for the first time if the two launch simultaneously. Ninja Hideaway had been brought back before, and they brought it back again.

Well they'd be doing it for the first time if the two launch simultaneously. Ninja Hideaway had been brought back before, and they brought it back again.
I’m aware. All I’m saying is that they’ve synced a Tour with the BCP before, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do it again.

Have to admit, Choco Mountain and Kalimari Desert being the only N64 tracks is pretty disappointing. Probably the most iconic tracks to pick so I definitely get it, but no Frappe Snowland, Koopa Beach, or Bowser’s Castle is pretty sad.

Last edited:
Have to admit, Choco Mountain and Kalimari Desert being the only N64 tracks is pretty disappointing. Probably the most iconic tracks to pick so I definitely get it, but no Frappe Snowland, Koopa Beach, or Bowser’s Castle is pretty sad.
3DS got shafted HARD

Have to admit, Choco Mountain and Kalimari Desert being the only N64 tracks is pretty disappointing. Probably the most iconic tracks to pick do I definitely get it, but no Frappe Snowland, Koopa Beach, or Bowser’s Castle is pretty sad.
Yeah, we have a dearth of Bowser’s Castle courses and the N64 one is one of my favorites. Would have really loved to see it get in especially along with Frappe Snowland, Sherbet Land, Mario Circuit, and Banshee Boardwalk. Really expecting Rainbow Road Wii is the final Wii track (as it should be) to close off the Spiny cup, but Bowser Castle Wii would have been awesome. Hopefully we’ll get a GBA Bowser Castle at least.

3DS got shafted HARD
That’s the other one I’m upset about. Fully expecting Rock Rock Mountain (because Rock cup is just too on the nose lol) and Rainbow Road (on banner), both of which are great tracks, but no Shy Guy Bazaar or Maka Wuhu is sad. Thankfully the 3DS representation is already pretty strong, so oh well.

@Thunder84 I’m pulling so hard for Rock Rock Mountain in the Rock Cup, but then Nintendo threw a curveball on Power Moon not having New York Minute.

I just noticed, it does have a ??? track… @MisterSpo just suggested a New Donk City track in the other thread so I’m not taking full credit for this, but yo we have a perfect opportunity here with the Power Moon cup just saying.

@Thunder84 I’m pulling so hard for Rock Rock Mountain in the Rock Cup, but then Nintendo threw a curveball on Power Moon not having New York Minute.

I just noticed, it does have a ??? track… @MisterSpo just suggested a New Donk City track in the other thread so I’m not taking full credit for this, but yo we have a perfect opportunity here with the Power Moon cup just saying.
If we get New Donk City, that just makes the lack of additional characters like Pauline even more upsetting

I don’t think the track associations are really on Nintendo’s mind all that much, so NYM not in the Moon cup doesn’t really feel that weird. Rock Rock Mountain is such a stupidly perfect fit though that it feels like destiny lol

Yeah, we have a dearth of Bowser’s Castle courses and the N64 one is one of my favorites. Would have really loved to see it get in especially along with Frappe Snowland, Sherbet Land, Mario Circuit, and Banshee Boardwalk. Really expecting Rainbow Road Wii is the final Wii track (as it should be) to close off the Spiny cup, but Bowser Castle Wii would have been awesome. Hopefully we’ll get a GBA Bowser Castle at least.
GCN and Wii rainbow roads need their full makeover treatment in the next MK. GBA will suffice for the BCP remasters

GCN and Wii rainbow roads need their full makeover treatment in the next MK. GBA will suffice for the BCP remasters
What do you think is the final Wii track to finish off both the Spiny / Blue Shell Cup and Booster Course Pass overall if it isn’t Rainbow Road? I’d be cool with Bowser’s Castle, but I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t the all time most difficult Rainbow Road.

What do you think is the final Wii track to finish off both the Spiny / Blue Shell Cup and Booster Course Pass overall if it isn’t Rainbow Road? I’d be cool with Bowser’s Castle, but I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t the all time most difficult Rainbow Road.
Oh it very well could be, I’m just saying I’d prefer them saved

Well shooooooot, I guess I predicted the turnip cup in the other thread! :D

Propeller Cup sounds interesting. GBA Rainbow Road? They could pimp it out real nice, but I imagine it'll still follow the simplistic look of the Tour tracks.

Really hoping tomorrow is the day!

Well shooooooot, I guess I predicted the turnip cup in the other thread! :D

Propeller Cup sounds interesting. GBA Rainbow Road? They could pimp it out real nice, but I imagine it'll still follow the simplistic look of the Tour tracks.

Really hoping tomorrow is the day!
Wow, you did more or less nail it.

They've got the track list right, but I doubt they're in any position to know about the reveal / release timing; likely just saying tomorrow could be the time becuase others are talking about it.

why does everyone think that this user has the track list right? They got the consoles from the datamined, but how do they know what specific tracks are going to be in wave 2?

I’ll save an updated complete speculation breakdown post for after wave 2 launches, but from the Wave 2 leak 5/7 of the tracks were from the banner image. Kalamari Desert and Rainbow Road GBA being the two exceptions and the eighth track remains unknown. Beyond the ??? speculation kicking into overdrive (which I’m super happy about) and N64 speculation ending (which I’m sad about), SNES is down to one unknown track remaining and DS speculation is at two completely unknown tracks.

I’m sad we are down to one SNES track since I want both Choco Island 2 and Ghost Valley 2, but we still have hope the two unknown GBA courses can cover some SNES themes (like Boo Lake / Broken Pier for example for Ghost Valley). Airship Fortress and Delfino Square are my most wanted DS picks and I think they have a good shot.

Back
Top Bottom