• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Not to go off topic, but man, the Jimmy Fallon ride is really bland, though I suppose that fits a ride about Jimmy Fallon. The queue building recreating the NBC building is way more interesting than the ride itself.

I do like the recreation of Rockefeller Center, though being from NYC gives me some extra fun seeing the recreation, like I'm home. Though to bring things back to Nintendo, it makes me wish that I could pass the Today building and go to a Nintendo store like at the real Rockefeller Center.
....I actually really like the Fallon ride * runs away *

....I actually really like the Fallon ride * runs away *
I wanna like it more than I do. I love the queue, the idea of a race through NYC landmarks and the such is super fun, but in execution, it's...fine. Nice to go on once or twice, but not one I'm rushing to go on again or on a repeat trip. Like, it's no Fast & Furious Supercharged, but it's no Revenge of the Mummy either, ya know?

...though since I both am from NYC and typically stay on Universal property to get unlimited Universal Express, perhaps that colors my view on the ride.

I wanna like it more than I do. I love the queue, the idea of a race through NYC landmarks and the such is super fun, but in execution, it's...fine. Nice to go on once or twice, but not one I'm rushing to go on again or on a repeat trip. Like, it's no Fast & Furious Supercharged, but it's no Revenge of the Mummy either, ya know?

...though since I both am from NYC and typically stay on Universal property to get unlimited Universal Express, perhaps that colors my view on the ride.
I'm actually not a fan of the queue or the preshow, but I love the ride itself. Maybe it's because I've always wanted to go to NYC since I was a kid. And the ride is just pure fun (I like it better than Simpsons and Star Tours for example).

This week is probably the last week where I'm gonna really have my hopes up for an announcement. If it doesn't show up in the next couple of days (which looks unlikely at this point) then it could easily slip a long ways off, given that next week is Xenoblade week and we're possibly looking at a Pokemon Presents, Splatoon Direct, and Indie World in August.

In my experience, eventually I reach a point where my internal hype crashes hard enough that I'm able to let go. Happened to me in 2020 with Nintendo's news drought, and it's happening again now.

I'm actually not a fan of the queue or the preshow, but I love the ride itself. Maybe it's because I've always wanted to go to NYC since I was a kid. And the ride is just pure fun (I like it better than Simpsons and Star Tours for example).
Not to be one of those annoying NYC people who hypes up his city, but fuck yes, come to NYC. It's not a perfect city, and there's lots of touristy stuff that you gotta weed out, but I truly love it. Wish I was living closer to there again instead of the Hudson Valley.

...oh, uh, right, Mario Kart. I dunno, maybe we should get some races going tonight or tomorrow or something. Just to have some fun.

Not to be one of those annoying NYC people who hypes up his city, but fuck yes, come to NYC. It's not a perfect city, and there's lots of touristy stuff that you gotta weed out, but I truly love it. Wish I was living closer to there again instead of the Hudson Valley.

...oh, uh, right, Mario Kart. I dunno, maybe we should get some races going tonight or tomorrow or something. Just to have some fun.
I'd love to go to NYC, but I probably won't go for some time. I just went on a two month long road trip this year and I plan on taking my vacation time next year to go back to Washington and see Vancouver. Maybe 2025 ish?

Jimmy Fallon ride is good because it's in a low light building and air conditioned. After walking through CityWalk and into the park's gate it was nice to have something more chill closer to the entrance. Also the ride itself is fun, not too intense of a motion simulator which I appreciated.

Not to go off topic, but man, the Jimmy Fallon ride is really bland, though I suppose that fits a ride about Jimmy Fallon. The queue building recreating the NBC building is way more interesting than the ride itself.

I do like the recreation of Rockefeller Center, though being from NYC gives me some extra fun seeing the recreation, like I'm home. Though to bring things back to Nintendo, it makes me wish that I could pass the Today building and go to a Nintendo store like at the real Rockefeller Center.
Ehh, it has a certain charm to it. It's the only ride my dad will do there, so I hold it higher up for that reason

Honestly, I'm more surprised that the Jimmy Fallon ride has more fans.

...even so, man, can't wait to eventually go back to Universal Orlando. Maybe in 2025 for Epic Universe? Also wanna go to USJ, actually won a trip right before the pandemic but that's neither here not there, but with the pandemic, who knows when international travel will open up. I wanna go to Super Nintendo World and ride the Mario Kart ride so bad...even avoided seeing and ride through videos to keep the experience fresh.

It was so annoying forcing myself to be more silent around here, but I guess if the cat (or rat) is out of the bag...

I have my own reason to believe that list is correct, as surprising as a random SamusHunter parody being accurate seems. It's SNES Mario Circuit 3 specifically (a surprise since Circuit 1 was on the datamined banner), and the last course is one you haven't seen before; a fun twist I think people will be happy with. Hope we do see them tonight but I wouldn't know anything about reveal or release timing. We'll have to wait and see.
I assume that whatever your source is for this, it’s a completely different source from the info you had gotten before about Sora not coming to Smash, right? =p

If this list is real, I’m kinda surprised that DS Peach Gardens isn’t in the Turnip Cup; I guess not all of the cups will have a course that fits the theme of the cup after all? I’m also curious if the new course is gonna be either the leaked ice cream course or the datamined bathroom course…or a completely different unknown course! I’m guessing it’s probably not gonna be the datamined likely-to-be Yoshi or Donkey Kong courses yet, though.

I'm normally quick to see moaning fans as brats ("I don't care if BOTW2 is still a year away, I want all the details now! Waaah waaah waaah! I want it! I want it!" stamps feet)

But in the case of BCP, I think the angst is more justified. The difference is that at this point, BCP actually has paying customers. They have paid in full, honouring their part of contract, and are waiting for Nintendo to honour theirs. Based on the information given, a 4 month cadence is not an unreasonable assumption. If there is some irregularity with the release schedule, that's not necessarily a problem, but Nintendo needs to tell their paying customers that.

Keeping them in the dark on when they're getting what they've already paid for is a bit disrespectful in a way that holding back marketing for a game that is still a way off from being sold isn't.

I'm normally quick to see moaning fans as brats ("I don't care if BOTW2 is still a year away, I want all the details now! Waaah waaah waaah! I want it! I want it!" stamps feet)

But in the case of BCP, I think the angst is more justified. The difference is that at this point, BCP actually has paying customers. They have paid in full, honouring their part of contract, and are waiting for Nintendo to honour theirs. Based on the information given, a 4 month cadence is not an unreasonable assumption. If there is some irregularity with the release schedule, that's not necessarily a problem, but Nintendo needs to tell their paying customers that.

Keeping them in the dark on when they're getting what they've already paid for is a bit disrespectful in a way that holding back marketing for a game that is still a way off from being sold isn't.
Everyone has contradictory opinions every once in a while, there’s no need to make justifications for it.

Really excited about GBA Rainbow Road actually :D Curious to find out whether they would keep the jump ramps as the barriers of the track, and whether they would keep the shortcut with the long row of boosts.

Really excited about GBA Rainbow Road actually :D Curious to find out whether they would keep the jump ramps as the barriers of the track, and whether they would keep the shortcut with the long row of boosts.
I really hope they get this right. That style of bounce pad isn’t in MK8, but that’s the core identity of the track where you can hop over parts of the course or go flying off. I’m both very excited and cautiously optimistic.

It's not ideal to not give us a roadmap, yes. This is paid content, we should know when we're getting it.

Wave 2 is gonna be revealed in August isn't it? Ugh, shouldn't take this long to show it at least.

I DO NOT think we hear about it this week, mainly due to the Strikers update…
Because it's paid DLC, I think it could still release this week (alongside the free Strikers DLC), but more realistically, it will release whatever the next week that Nintendo doesn't have a major game or known update coming out (so probably the week after Xenoblades 3?

Because it's paid DLC, I think it could still release this week (alongside the free Strikers DLC), but more realistically, it will release whatever the next week that Nintendo doesn't have a major game or known update coming out (so probably the week after Xenoblades 3?
Given the speculation of a Pokémon Presents that week, it could end up slipping even further. August could be busy for Nintendo on the news front.

Given the speculation of a Pokémon Presents that week, it could end up slipping even further. August could be busy for Nintendo on the news front.
I never thought we would even be entertaining the idea of Wave 2 being REVEALED mid august, but damn here we are

This is worse than most Smash news cycles

Gonna just keep doing the “next week’s the week” thing I’ve been doing since June and say they’ll have a week between reveal and release, it gets revealed next week and is out the week after ta-da!

I think we are looking at first or second week of August now. I just don’t see it being released or announced during Xenoblade week at all.

Personally I’m feeling better waiting since we know the tracks now. That was a huge boost as we have seemingly confirmed many of the ??? tracks will be new which is super exciting. I do play the game nearly every day though, so I’m sure I’m going to go back to being hungry again before long lol.

The only thing that's bugging me is that final wave. 3 "new" tracks just seems like a crazy amount, especially considering that 4 additional tracks in that wave are taken up by Tour/Wii. Just feels excessive.

Ninja Hideaway being mislabeled and Wave 2's ??? track being another "new" track aren't mutually exclusive possibilities. Could just be a coincidence that Wave 2's ??? was mislabeled as well, and will get the Tour label. Unfortunately, we won't find out until Wave 2 launches.

At the pace we're going, I don't even know if wave 3 will be released within 2022 anymore. Sucks to only have something as vague as "by the end of 2023".

Maybe they'll give us 16 courses at once with some new racers and kart parts this fall.

I honestly found it a little annoying to drip feed 8 courses at a time. Sometimes I'd rather wait for a bigger meal, but that's just me.

I'm probably wrong.

New tracks are exciting if they’re quality (I assume they’ll come to Tour eventually). And it really is awesome and a great outcome. I have to be honest though, I do have a tinge of disappointment because when we assumed they were lacking labels I was hoping there would be another GCN track or two in there 😅

I want as many of those as possible, that was my Mario Kart growing up. But 4 coming in this DLC is still amazing.

There are 653 days between the release of wave 1 and the end of 2023. That means an average of 131 days between releases. We are currently at 125 days since the previous release, so we're not even over the average yet! Besides which, some releases being a couple weeks later and some being a couple earlier should be expected. I really don't get the panic.

They finally got around to Daisy Cruiser in Tour; been a long time coming. Hope it shows up in 8DX sooner than later!

Daisy Cruiser isn’t one of my favorite Double Dash tracks, but I really appreciate the unique concept. I like that you can fall down further below deck towards the end and shoot out of the pipe. Lots of good memories of the original version.

Back
Top Bottom