• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Once the wave drops, that’s basically it for new Mario Kart content until the next game right? If so, wow, what a year and a half it’s been for Mario Karts fans!
Just a guess, but I have a feeling we won't have to wait too long for a brand new Mario Kart game. I'm expecting one no later than 2025.

Anything is an upgrade compared to Dixie IMO
Anything, you say?
Kiddy1.png

Has Dixie ever been in a Mario Kart before? I honestly can't remember. I think we're lucky we even got Diddy tbh.
She was a newcomer in Tour, just like Kamek, Pauline and Peachette. All the characters added were pulled from Tour. If you want to count Diddy Kong Racing for whatever reason she showed up in the DS version replacing Conker.

Also, we're not lucky we got Diddy honestly. I think he was always a chosen pick, he was the only character mentioned about being left out of base 8 that didn't show up in base 8DX, has Mario Kart brand Hot Wheels, was added to Tour before Luigi, and has concept art in the Mario movie of racing with DK. We're more lucky we got Funky, but even then I felt like both him and Diddy were sure shots because they were the only characters missing so that 8DX could have all of Wii's roster, which was usually touted as the best roster.

Donkey Kong Country 3 is my favorite Donkey Kong Country game. That said, Kiddy Kong stinks. Worst playable Kong. I do think it’s funny he is just a rock though when you pick up, carry, and throw him.

As the switch oled + mario kart 8 pack comes out on the 24th, can wave 6 also come out at the same time?

I don’t really have experience with these tracks but I’m sure they’ll be great. Pretty excited for the Rome course because I visited recently and MK would be cool way to reminisce about about that trip.

bit disappointed at DK Mountain instead of Dino Dino, and I kinda wish they'd been able to fit all the Tour-original tracks in...

... but Rosalina's Ice World, let's freaking go! I was kinda annoyed that MK7 got shortchanged in the BCP since it has some of the best tracks imo, so I think I'm OK with this trade-off

bit disappointed at DK Mountain instead of Dino Dino, and I kinda wish they'd been able to fit all the Tour-original tracks in...

... but Rosalina's Ice World, let's freaking go! I was kinda annoyed that MK7 got shortchanged in the BCP since it has some of the best tracks imo, so I think I'm OK with this trade-off
This last wave has big Mario Kart Wii energy between Funky, Wii Rainbow Road, Wii Daisy Circuit, a GC retro in Wii in DK Mountain, and Wii introduced Rosalina who got her track in this wave too.

Rosalina’s Ice World is… a choice. Incredibly forgettable track imo, would have much preferred Piranha Plant Pipeline even if it was more expected.

I am unironically excited for the Sound Test lol, I know you can find all of the songs on YouTube but it’s still a very nice feature to finally have.

Last edited:
Rosalina's Ice World is a welcome surprise. One of my favs from 7. Overall a solid selection for the final wave.

And now to start furiously speculating which tracks will return for Mario Kart 10.

I really dislike Rosalina's Ice World tbh, so that's a bummer, would've loved Airship Fortress, Delfino Square or Wario's Galleon instead.

But still

SOUND TEST

Wii Rainbow Road looks gorgeous 😭 very happy DK Mountain made it and while no pipeline sucks I’m really happy we are getting Rosalina’s Ice World!

Kinda sad to think it’s all finally over, time to look towards MK10 after next week.

They really went all out with the SNES Bowsers Castle, that looks and sounds awesome!

Sound test is also exciting for me as a lover of VGM.

Apparently Luigi is one of the only base game characters without a course named after him now??
At a quick glance, by my count it's just Luigi, Lakitu, and the Koopalings (assuming we count Baby Park for all the babies and let Toadette "share" levels with Toad) that don't have their names in course titles.

A bit surprised they ended up not getting Pipeline to this, but I guess even they realized having two courses with the name "Piranha Plant" is too dumb to keep it lol. Well I guess that's saved for the next game then.

I, for one, glad they choose one more 3DS track. Rosalina's Ice World ain't a bad pick, too!

Pauline and Peachette in bikesuit looks great! Especially Pauline is on fire.

And WOW they go all out with the extra here! New Mii suits + sound test are great final additions to the game.

Dropping the appalling Dino Dino for the awesome Rosalina's Ice World is about as big a win as you can get. Great way to finish.

3DS Rosalina Ice World?!?!

Not only did I call this week (what patterns? Lol!) But that is one of my fav MK7 tracks! LETS GOOOOO.

Holding onto the miniscule hope that the sound test will have credits for each track. Doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do, but they don't normally have sound tests in the first place either.

Back
Top Bottom