• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
The next Mario kart probably Is switch 2 launch year, it’s pretty clear form these credits that they have definitely been working on the next one for awhile..

Also I think it takes a more live service/ splatoon like approach across liek 5 or 6 years of updates. I think we will see a lot of repeated retros next game. I think that era of Mario kart is over, the days of 32 tracks and even 48 tracks are over I think.

I full belief the next game will pass 100 tracks
but maybe 5
Sorry for the late reply, just happened to notice it. But I don't agree. There's only going to be one mainline Mario game coming during the Switch 2's launch and that's the next major 3D title. I also think that majority of the race courses going forward will be entirely new rather than a 50/50 split between new and retro courses like they been doing previously. So closer to an 80/20 split.

How would y’all rank all five of the Rainbow Roads in MK8D?

For me:

1) 3DS Rainbow Road. This one is my favorite in the series. It’s gorgeous, otherworldly, amazing music. drifting on the planets rings, bouncing on the moon… it’s just so memorable.

2) N64 Rainbow Road. Too short yeah, but I’m super nostalgic for 8’s version of this one. I remember when it was first revealed with the visual upgrade and new remix, it’s just pure joy to play through.

3) Wii Rainbow Road. Just a great and tricky track, and I’m a sucker for galaxy music.

4) SNES Rainbow Road. Loved the visual overhaul this one got too, simple but great

5) Rainbow Road. The brand new one is actually my least favorite. Just think I didn’t vibe too much with the space station setting, layout isn’t crazy memorable either. Good track, but I love the others.
5) N64 Rainbow Road: The 8 version is pretty fun, and it's thankfully much shorter and more dangerous than the snoozer N64 original, but there's ultimately not much to it. It's also really hard to ever catch up on this map.

4) Rainbow Road (8): It's fine, it's a solid entry in the series, but some of the turns feel a bit annoying, and items can really screw with you on this one.

3) Wii Rainbow Road: It feels fairly generic by current standards, but it plays smoothly and has a nice flow to it.

2) SNES Rainbow Road: The original is still a classic. It's short and punishing, demanding your best racing lines, item usage, and situational awareness. Of course this is Mario Kart so you can still get screwed by the blue shell even on a perfect run.

1) 3DS Rainbow Road: Simply the most creative and dramatic RR to date. Like the remade N64 track, it's a one-lap course, but unlike that one, it was designed this way from the start, and it shows in the design. Besides just being incredibly imaginative with the ring-riding, moon-hopping, and other variations on the traditional multicolored track, everything builds to a natural crescendo with the tunnel hang-gliding straightaway before one more hairpin turn. Just the best example of what makes Mario Kart fun.

🤦Wii Rainbow Road so atrociously overrated. They forgot the obstacles, it's so much straightaways with no activity other than some boosts, the canon is longest and boringest, shortly followed by the slow ass half pipe section at the end. They nerfed the turns so much they not even difficult no more. The remake not even pretty without the galaxy in the sky. Music still incredible though. The falling animation cool too. I give the track a solid 5/10

Edit: duly noted that DK Mountain, Pirhana Plant Cove, Rosalina's Ice World, and SNES Bowser's Castle wipe in almost any facet

Playing the game tonight with family and the first that came to mind… why no Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi representation?

They seem to be mostly averse to adding characters from the Mario spinoffs.

Which is a shame, because there's potential there:

E. Gadd
Fawful
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Vivian

Etcetera, etcetera.

They seem to be mostly averse to adding characters from the Mario spinoffs.

Which is a shame, because there's potential there:

E. Gadd
Fawful
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Vivian

Etcetera, etcetera.
I’m not even asking for that, just a single stage like Yoshi’s Island would’ve been nice!

Sorry to yank this thread back from the grave, but after 7 years I finally unlocked the full gold kart set and gold Mario! The BCP revived my interest in the game and got me to go back and do that, since by the time 8DX I was kind of sick of races and was mainly there for battle mode.

Sorry to yank this thread back from the grave, but after 7 years I finally unlocked the full gold kart set and gold Mario! The BCP revived my interest in the game and got me to go back and do that, since by the time 8DX I was kind of sick of races and was mainly there for battle mode.
Congrats, you get to show off now! (although unfortunately, the full gold combination isn't really that good stats wise)

Hope it's okay to share this here, especially since it's been bumped (and congrats on getting the full gold set and Gold Mario, @DittoM , as an aside!), but I made my first YouTube original video about a month ago regarding my favorite pre-Booster Course Pass tracks in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Hoping to do a new one featuring my favorite Booster Course Pass tracks too! Hope it's a fun watch. :)

Back
Top Bottom