• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Live A Live HD-2D Remaster announced for Nintendo Switch, coming July 22nd (UPDATE: new trailers, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for this day since Mean Machines magazine reviewed the game and said it was a must play. 28 freaking years!!!!

Gotta love Square embracing the HD-2D, and I finally get to play this.

I’ve been longing to play this game for sooo long after watching a speed run of it a couple years ago. Loved everything I saw during that short time, and now I’ll finally be able to really dig my teeth into it on my own.

This game. This right here.
I stared and glared at the screenshots in the mags back in the day and tried to will it to be localized.

And its getting the full-blown HD-2D treatment. Mannnn.

Surprised they didn't namedrop Octopath as the clear spiritual successor.

Dude this just looks fucking incredible. Straight up amazing. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine Live-A-Live getting such a gorgeous remake. Square I fucking kneel

What a complete surprise! I remember seeing the original previewed in some of the gaming mags way back in the day. I'm very interested!

Out of nowhere lol

I'm in, SE is on fire with all those remakes.

Hopefully they make some balance changes, I'd like Akira to not be completely useless this time around thank you very much

NIntendo is publishing this in the west
WOW how did I miss this, thank you Nintendo, thank you Square
Between this, Chrono Cross and Xenoblade this has been a killer direct for me, it still doesn't feel real

SE is getting so much out of that HD-2D aesthetic. not that i'm complaining.
It's great to see. All 3 of the currently announced HD-2D games are some of my personal most anticipated games at the moment. Would be awesome to see Octopath 2 officially revealed at some point this year, too.

hnnng

UCREt7m.png

Bit too rich for my blood, hopefully the rearranged soundtrack will be available separately.

I am over the moon about this! This weekend is dedicated to another playthrough of the original. I would never have guessed this was coming in a million years!

Best Buy listing is back up, but still showing $59.99. I hope the physical isn't more than the digital version. Otherwise I'm probably waiting for a sale.

Part of me also says it will have a super low print run.

Not a big fan of HD-2D for remakes, but it's nice that this game isn't stuck on Super Famicom forever. Played the fan translation decades back, thought it was pretty cool.

It looks so fucking good! Holy shit. When they did that livestream at the end of 2020 I was expecting something on the level of the Romancing SaGa remasters. I can't believe they went above and beyond on that.

This might be the biggest surprise of the Direct for me! I was just listening to the OST yesterday too! Going to love playing through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom