• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Let's predict Nintendo's 2023 lineup!

Advance Wars
Sequel to Breath of the Wild
+ DLC
Leaked Fire Emblem + DLC
Metroid Prime 4
New 2D Mario
Mario Kart DLC
Pokemon S&V DLC
Xenoblade 3 DLC
Splatoon 3 DLC

Switch Sports DLC
Mario & Rabbids DLC
New console to NSO

Edit:
From third parties Persona 3 and 4
There’s still time for the rest.

My initial predictions were way off, so might as well revise them a touch. Not gonna bring up the stuff already announced
  • April
    • Pokemon SV Expansion Pass Wave 1
  • May
    • Fire Emblem Engage: Fell Xenologue
  • June
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story Expansion (with a physical)
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered (shadowdropped after direct, physical later in the month)
  • July
    • Splatoon 3: Side Order
  • August
    • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom DLC Wave 1
    • F-Zero GX HD
  • September
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Remastered (shadowdropped after direct, physical later in the month)
    • Detective Pikachu
  • October
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake
  • November
    • Metroid Prime 4
    • Pokemon DLC Wave 2
  • December
    • Zelda DLC Wave 2
  • Early 2024
    • Switch successor launches alongside 3D Mario

January: Fire Emblem Engage

February: Metroid Prime Remastered (wtf), Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe

March: Bayonetta Origins

April: Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp

May: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

June:

July: Pikmin 4 (wtf x2), Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story Expansion physical

August: Detective Pikachu 2

September: Tomodachi Life

October: New Super Mario Bros Switch, Animal Crossing party game from ND Cube

November: Metroid Prime 4

December:

My initial predictions were way off, so might as well revise them a touch. Not gonna bring up the stuff already announced
  • April
  • May
  • June
    • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered (shadowdropped after direct, physical later in the month)
  • July
  • August
    • F-Zero GX HD
  • September
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Remastered (shadowdropped after direct, physical later in the month)
    • Detective Pikachu
  • October
  • November
    • Metroid Prime 4
    • Pokemon DLC Wave 2
  • December
    • Zelda DLC Wave 2
  • Early 2024
These are pretty good, maybe 2D Mario in Holidays also. But don't you think that side order is ways out? Since they haven't even showed just a generic 2023. I still think it's this year but likely not Summer time.

• April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
    • F-Zero GX HD
  • September
    • Detective Pikachu
  • October
  • November
    • Metroid Prime 4
    • Pokemon DLC Wave 2
  • December
    • Zelda DLC Wave 2
  • Early 2024
Bold prediction ending Engage’s DLC that early and putting Genealogy remake in October!

Edit: Damn the whole thing is bold. I really don’t think they’ll cram in all three Primes and 4 this year

Anyway’s I don’t know what to think of H2. They’ve never been this mysterious about it before. Normally they always tease a Sept-Nov game in the February direct.

Now normally this would be a case of hype for me, but taking all the insiders “H2 won’t be big” hints, I’m forcing the lack of H2 info in the direct to coincide with that - there’s just nothing worth announcing this early.

Id love to be wrong, and there’s a good chance I am. It could logically be taken as Nintendo having TOTK to coast on - they literally don’t need to focus on H2 til it’s out. Hell, there’s a chance Prime 4 is “all Nintendo has” this holiday which… well that’s an instant GOAT holiday for me lol.

But for the sake of speculation, I guess possible candidates would be F-Zero GX Remaster, Geneaology Remake, Everybody’s Stinky Horse, Prime 4 and 2D Mario/DK/whatever that 2D action game is. There’s also the rumored KI:Uprising remaster if that’s the BN action game, but it might be too early for that since the hiring just started no?

For H2 for me, after Prime and BK I&II i have no doubt that F-Zero GX HD exist, so that is somewhere, probably Semptenber/October

Prime 4 is not this year, for me is impossible, it's early 2024

Is a bit of a mistery, i still think Mario 2D is the Holiday game but....also can be DK

I honestly expect from Nintendo itself for H2: F-Zero GX, somekind of Casual game, Mario 2D or DK, but I have no idea for other titles

I had an updated one in the Direct speculation thread, but from way back in November, my last stab here at this was:

Happy I got Fire Emblem right, an HD-2D game right, that Pikmin 4 exists, and was only one month off for BOTW 2. We know more now so let’s go with:

February: Octopath Traveler II and Kirby RTD
March: Metroid Prime HD and Xenoblade Wave 3 DLC
April: Mario Movie, Mario Kart Wave 4, and New Mario Platformer
May: Zelda TK and Gen 2 Switch
June: F-Zero GX HD and New Mario Sports Game
July: Detective Pikachu 2, Dragon Quest III 2D-HD, and Everybody 1-2 Switch
August: Mario Kart Wave 5 and Advance Wars 1+2
September: Xenoblade 3 expansion and New Donkey Kong game
October: Pikmin 4 and Fortune Street
November: Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon SV DLC
December: Mario Kart Wave 6 and Zelda TK DLC 1 out of 2

I’m still torn where I’d put the next three platformers, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, and DK. I’m also torn on if Metroid Prime 4 will make it or not. We’ll definitely see it next year, I’m not worried about that, but Prime HD not making the cut this year suggests to me Prime 4 is 2024. I still want to believe for now it is the holiday game. It’s time is coming soon. I don’t know where Everybody 1-2 Switch and Advance Wars will pop up for very different reasons so I dumped them in the Summer.
Pretty close with Metroid Prime HD and Xenoblade Wave 3, but Bayonetta Origins snuck in there out of left field. Pikmin I'm very glad I was way off with. I know I bumped Advance Wars up to April in the Direct thread so glad I got that one. Everybody 1-2 Switch I was rolling with for March in the same thread and hmm torn on that one now, but it's still plausible to me if it wasn't canceled. Here's what I'll go with now:

February: Metroid Prime HD, Octopath Traveler II, and Kirby RTD
March Bayonetta Origins and Everybody 1-2 Switch (if it wasn't canceled this and June are its last chances)
April Mario Movie, Mario Kart Wave 4, and Advance Wars
May: Zelda TK
June: Detective Pikachu 2 and BoxBoxBoy + BoxBoxGirl!
July: Pikmin 4 and Dragon Quest III HD-2D
August: Mario Kart Wave 5, Xenoblade Wave 4, and Baten Kaitos
September: 2D Mario and Splatoon Side Order
October: F-Zero GX HD and Fortune Street
November: Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon SV DLC
December: Mario Kart Wave 6 and Zelda TK DLC 1

The tricky ones to play with for me are the JRPGs. I believe Dragon Quest III HD-2D is ultimately a Switch exclusive so I plugged it into the Live A Live spot. But that leaves Xenoblade and Baten Kaitos floating. I think they'll want to have some distance between both Zelda and Final Fantasy XVI so Xenoblade Wave 4 won't be in May or June. July I threw Dragon Quest in which I think they'll be not wanting to step on too much even though Live A Live and Xenoblade 3 were both in the same month. My thinking here then though is Mario Kart Wave 5 won't hold the month by itself, but that leaves it brushing up against Baten Kaitos which does have a Summer Window which means the latest it could be is September which seems good to spread it out...

BUT WAIT! With Mario not hitting in June as he was supposed to and my strong belief / desire for Fortune Street to manifest in October, that leaves 2D Mario in September taking the Splatoon slot of last year. 2D Mario is an evergreen you want out ahead of the holiday so boom there it goes in September now and everything else exists around it. That's why Baten Kaitos will be in August and why F-Zero GX hits in October. F-Zero GX must stay far away from Mario Kart DLC Waves and must hit in either June or October. It clearly ain't June, so it gets the hardcore October spot.

Finally then the holiday game. Unless there is a Prime 2 HD and a Prime 3 HD, I think the shadow drop of Prime HD suggests it's finally Metroid Prime 4 time in November as the big holiday game. DK gets moved to early 2024.

February: Metroid Prime Remastered, Kirby's Return to Dreamland
March: Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon, Fitness Boxing Fist of the Northern Star
April: Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 4, Splatoon 3: Inkopolis
May: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
June: this time they leave the month for third parties. Apart from that, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Expansion Wave 1, and the standalone story expansion of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 come
July: Pikmin 4
August: Baten Kaitos I+II HD Remaster, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 5
September: F-Zero GX Remastered, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom DLC Wave 1
October: Mario Party or another game by ND Cube;
November: Super Mario 2D Game, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet story expansion that works like a third version/gets physical release/gets physical Scarlet/Violet+Expansion release, Switch budget model(docked only with joy cons still, 199,99 or OLED Lite 249,99, or price cut, or pack in with major game outside of BF)
December: either a Tomodachi Life sequel or a Nintendogs game that also has a mobile version

Metroid Prime 4, 3D Mario, 2D DK, 2D Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom Story Expansion, Splatoon 3: side order, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War remake and Kid Icarus Uprising remaster are 2024, with the ones that release in H1 Switch OG games and H2 cross gen with Switch 2.

Once again, I raise this thread from the dead

good!

January- Fire Emblem: Engage
February- Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe / Metroid Prime 1 HD digital / FE Engage DLC 2/ XB3 DLC 3
March- Metroid Prime 1 HD retail / Bayonetta Origins / Splatoon 3 DLC 1
April- Advance Wars 1+2 / Mario Kart DLC 4?
May- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
June- Splatoon 3 DLC 2? FE Engage DLC 3?
July- Pikmin 4
August- FE Engage Story DLC?
September- Mario Kart DLC 5? Tomodatchi Collection?
October- Donkey Kong 3D?
November- XB3 Story DLC? Metroid Prime 4?
December- Mario Kart DLC 6?

These are pretty good, maybe 2D Mario in Holidays also. But don't you think that side order is ways out? Since they haven't even showed just a generic 2023. I still think it's this year but likely not Summer time.
It's still just an expansion. I'd be very surprised if it's any later than August.

Good call on Mario though. I dunno if it'll be a full 2D game though, could just be another spinoff like Mario Party.
Bold prediction ending Engage’s DLC that early and putting Genealogy remake in October!

Edit: Damn the whole thing is bold. I really don’t think they’ll cram in all three Primes and 4 this year
The fact that we're already 2/3 of the way through the DLC Emblems and have seen footage of the story expansion makes me think they're pushing the DLC out as fast as possible. Would make sense if they want to put out Genealogy as one of the Switch's last titles with Switch 2 around the corner.

As for the Prime games, the bizarre release strategy of Prime 1 is the main reason why I think that's the case. They could have easily hyped it up for a month or two, but they put out ASAP instead. That suggests to me that they're trying to avoid oversaturation of the IP, in which case I could see them pushing out all three as a big, year long hype cycle for Metroid Prime 4 as the Switch's swansong. Definitely a bit of a stretch, but it's a fun prediction.

The lack of a June First Party title announced in the Direct makes me think it's going to be a Pokemon spinoff revealed at the Presents.

The lack of a June First Party title announced in the Direct makes me think it's going to be a Pokemon spinoff revealed at the Presents.

Pokemon Conquest! (Probably Detective Pikachu or a Mystery Dungeon, right?)

The fact that we're already 2/3 of the way through the DLC Emblems and have seen footage of the story expansion makes me think they're pushing the DLC out as fast as possible. Would make sense if they want to put out Genealogy as one of the Switch's last titles with Switch 2 around the corner.

Yeah, I also think we're gonna be done with Engage sooner than 3H, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the remake by the end of the year or in the same January slot next year if it's being worked on by a different team. A lot of that is probably wishful thinking though and I guess we live in tactic-heavy times so they might want to space it out a bit more?

BoxBoxBoy + BoxBoxGirl!

Good call. I think there's gonna be a few smaller eShop titles filling out the rumoured 'lighter' schedule during quieter months. Hoping for something weird and unexpected tbh.

Alright. So let’s see what we’ve got going on here:

• January- Fire Emblem: Engage
  • February- Metroid Prime Remastered/Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  • March- Bayonetta Origins
  • April- Advanced Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
  • May- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • June- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered
  • July- Pikmin 4
  • August- Mario Baseball
  • September- F-Zero GX Reboosted
  • October- New Mario Party/Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Remastered
  • November- New 2D Mario