• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Let's predict Nintendo's 2023 lineup!

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
It's getting to be that time of year again. 2022 is mostly over in terms of speculation and new announcements (outside of a few that will inevitably come). The September Direct is (hopefully) incoming, so this is the last time we can give out some uninformed predictions. What do you expect to see in 2023?

My predictions are below.

JANUARY: Absolutely nothing. Pokemon Legends was an outlier, not the norm.

FEBRUARY: New Super Mario Bros Switch. We're long overdue for a new 2D Mario game. This will hit shelves in late February to help tie in to the movie releasing a month later. This month will also see the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass Wave 3.

MARCH: Everybody's 1-2 Switch. Yeah that's right, I can't see this making it in 2022. Also the rumored stuff will be reworked to play better. This month will also see the release of Mario Kart Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 4.

APRIL: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2. I'm sticking to my guns and saying this actually comes in Spring. Nothing else will release this month because no one is insane enough to go up against it. No new hardware.

MAY: No NEW titles will release this month. However, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 1 and Nintendo Switch Sports DLC will release this month to take advantage of the empty slate.

JUNE: Fire Emblem NEXT. I think Intelligent Systems loves the summer timeframe and will release yet another game during it. In addition, a new Kirby e-shop game will release this month.

JULY: No NEW titles will release this month. However, Splatoon 3: Moon Expansion will release this month. I say moon because the storymode footage we have seen clearly shows a spaceship, indicating that we will go to space at some point in this game. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 5 releases this month as well.

AUGUST: Tomodachi Life. This hit 3DS classic gets a new coat of paint and some new content. This month also sees the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Rewind Expansion, which will also be sold separately on the e-shop.

SEPTEMBER: Animal Crossing Bell Festival. Yeah that's right, ND Cube gets another shot at an Animal Crossing party game. Hopefully it goes a lot better this time. This month also sees the final release of Nintendo Switch Sports DLC and a Splatoon 3 Anniversary Update.

OCTOBER: Donkey Kong Jungle Mayhem. The new 2D game from EPD Tokyo is a Donkey Kong game. It's exceptionally late. This month also sees the release of Metroid Prime 2 Remastered and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC 2.

NOVEMBER: Pokemon Ultra Scarlet and Ultra Violet. No DLC for Pokemon this time. Brand new versions instead. This month also sees the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 Expansion 1 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6.

DECEMBER: Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp finally emerges after being thought to be dead.

I'm terrible at these but here we go!

January: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse port
February: Ever Oasis 2
March: Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 4, Good-Feel's Samurai action game
April: Pushmo 5, Pokemon spinoff of some sort
May: Splatoon 3 paid DLC (Octoexpansion 2?)
June: Donkey Kong Country 6
July: Fire Emblem - The Fourth House, Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 5
August: Pikmin 4
September: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages remake
October: Super Mario Bros 4 (Super Mario Bros 5 in Japan), Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 6
November: Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 8 Ultra, 3-4 Switch, and Ringfit Adventure 2 all releasing alongside the SUPER SWITCH
December: Pokemon Ultra Scarlet and Ultra Violet

Note: The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be delayed to 2024.

grand theft auto mushroom kingdom!!! Mario can steal cars and shoot guns

(Remind me tomorrow to actually write up a more detailed list, it’s late lol)

Fun idea for a thread! I’ll definitely put together a list soon. Been busy all day and I still have to come up with my Direct predictions first lol.

Let's fucking go!!!
January: Advance Wars reBoot Camp - after 2022 is over they'll release it on a quieter month;
February: Fire Emblem Next - game is done, I don't think they'll hold it until summer as I believe it was even supposed to be released this holiday until like mid year;
Late March: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 - still makes the fiscal year, tail end tho, just like Animal Crossing New Horizons. If there's no new hardware this holiday alongside Prime HD, it releases by then;
April: nothing but DLC, maybe a port? Maybe Everybody 1-2 Switch;
May: third party heavy month, major third party exclusive(no clue which tho);
June: Super Mario: subtitle, a new 2D Mario game, actual 2.5D like DCKTF/Metroid Dread/Super Mario 3D World in Maker 2.
July: after that stellar H1 I can't even imagine what they'd serve in July. I predict the DLC Splatoon 3 to be that month tho;
August: nothing/third party major exclusive/DLC (Resident Evil Revelations 3?)
September: Xenoblade Chronicles 3: A New Beginning, DLC/standalone game. Animal Crossing: New Horizons receives a new expansion. Donkey Kong by EPD maybe?(see November); RingFit Adventure 2 maybe?
October: METROID PRIME 4: RESURRECTION. After 6.5 years, the time has finally come. 95+ MC. Maybe Super Mario Party 2;
November: Super Mario Odyssey 2 - can be very different than Odyssey and still have the title. Capture mechanic is just so great to end with one game. Biiiiigger kingdoms. Hub world/connected world/"actual open world". Has a captivating story. Rosalina is back and rideble Yoshi too. It can be a lot of Mario for the year so if it happens maybe ND Cube has something else. If it happens, DK is probably early 2024. I think it happens because MP4 won't carry the holidays by its own and Mario Party's didn't either in the past, and Pokémon ain't happening next year.

For anyone wondering where 3D Mario is, I think that launches alongside the Switch 2 in spring 2024. That's where there's no hardware listed either.

Ok! I’ll give this my best shot while throwing in a hope or dream or two, but first housecleaning! If Everybody 1-2 Switch isn’t cancelled it’s September. We then have Prime Remaster in November and Advance Wars sneaking in for December.

January: Leaked Fire Emblem
February: Dragon Quest III HD 2D
March: New Mario Platformer Of Some Sort
April: New Gen 2 Hardware and Breath of the Wild 2 launch together. Also Mario Kart Wave 4 and the Mario Movie hit this month.
May: New F-Zero (look how extra shiny it is on Gen 2 hardware!) and Detective Pikachu 2
June: New Mario Sports Game (Baseball?)
July: Mother 3
August: Mario Kart Wave 5
September: Xenoblade 3 Expansion and New Donkey Kong
October: Pikmin 4 and Fortune Street
November: Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon SV DLC
December: BOTW 2 Big DLC Part 1/2 and Mario Kart Wave 6

Throw in some small stuff I can’t predict and probably some more Pokemon stuff and there’s 2023 roughly.

Since I'm not creative enough, I'll copy OP's homework by saying that it's mostly realistic but I'll be changing some things around:

-Donkey Kong makes February instead of NSMB, which is a second half of the year game. Mario has historically been as such (with some exceptions, like NSMB1 and Galaxy 2), whereas Donkey Kong was early in the year the last time around. I also think Nintendo will want to have Mario closer to the holidays.

-Instead of a Tomodachi Life enhanced port/remaster/whatever, we'll get a new IP entirely from that team that takes some inspiration but is very much its own thing. It'll also make August.

-NSMB makes late September (still part of Nintendo's fall lineup, so it counts as closer to the holidays).

-Metroid Prime 4 is making October. Yeah that's right, I fuckin' believe in Retro to make 2023. It's been long enough. Mario/Zelda/Metroid all in one year, why not, it's happened before, let's go for broke. Metroid Prime 2 Remastered isn't a thing, MP2 and 3 are entirely absent from the Switch much to the dismay of fans.

-Instead of Ultra Violet and Ultra Scarlet, we do get DLC packs for Violet and Scarlet. However, a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game comes out alongside that DLC, making November a month of Pokemon.

-Animal Crossing Bell Festival makes December instead of Advance Wars, which barely squeaks its way into 2022 this December.

I'm not marketing-savvy enough to break it down by month, so just gonna speculate about the titles themselves:
  • Advance Wars 1+2
  • Prime 1 Remake
  • Kirby Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Wooly World Double pack (a man can dream!)
  • Mario Kart DLC, naturally
  • Xenoblade 3 Expansion/spinoff story
  • Splatoon 3 additional content
  • Xenoblade X port (maybe??)
  • Switch Sports additional content (bring back Ping Pong you Cowards! And Air Sports!)
  • Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope Expansion Campaign
  • The leaked Fire Emblem
  • Cruis'n Blast! Online Multiplayer DLC
  • Pokemon spinoff game
  • Something totally random and unexpected (perhaps Custom Robo Remake + Online Battles)
  • Lots of indies
  • Switch 2 Announcement and release alongside BoTW 2, either Holiday 2023 or early 2024.

It's kind of exciting not knowing much in terms of new games for next year, we do know however that there's plent of DLC coming - Expecting next year to be the start of the transition, lots of DLC and expansions, with next generation Nintendo hardware coming in 2024.

DLC/Expansions/content:
Splatoon 3
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Pokemon S/V
MK8DX Waves 4-6
BotW2 Minor DLC
Mario + Rabbids 2 Story DLC (I know it's Ubi, but a key title for Nintendo)
Mario Strikers
Three hopes dlc
Switch Sports
NSO additions

Games:
BotW2
2D Mario
Pikmin 4
Fire Emblem
Some Pokemon spinoff - Possibly Detective Pikachu 2
DQ3 HD2D
3D Donkey Kong
Party Game
Fitness Boxing 3
Advance Wars (if not releasing this year, it's coming next year.)
+4-5 minor/licensed or published partner games.

I kind of think Metroid Prime 4 is releasing next year as well, but since I'm leaning towards NSW2 releasing spring 2024 - I think Prime 4 might be a good candidate for a cross gen game so it might be put on hold until the next gen system comes.

BOTW2
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Party 12
Captain Toad 2
Casual Game
2d Kirby
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Remake
2D Mario
3D Mario
Donkey Kong
Rhythm Heaven
Arms 2
Detective Pikachu 2

In may or June :
BOTW2 and the new switch.

at the of the year:
Pikmin 4 and a new donkey Kong game

January: Detective Pikachu 2
February: Paper mario color squash (WiiU port)
March: Fire Emblem (in some form)
April: adv war 1+2
May: Tomodachi Life
June: BOTW2 + switch 2 launch (Switch W)
July: pikmin 4
August: Kid icarus HD remaster (3ds port)
September: mario sport mix HD (Wii port)
October: metroid prime 4 (crossplatform)
November: Pokemon legend 2
December: Xenoblade X (WiiU port) - switch 2 exclusive

Last edited:
January: Advance Wars 1&2 Reboot Camp (WayForward)
gets gently nudged out the door while Nintendo shouts "LOOK OVER THERE!" to distract everybody.

February: Boxboy & Part-time UFO (HAL Laboratory)
crossover game on the eShop.

March: The Legend of Zelda: Hopefully Now Please (EPD 3 + Monolith Soft)
Launches the last Friday in March.

April: Celestial Samurai (Good-Feel)
Their new IP, published by Nintendo.
Switch Sports update (EPD 4).

May: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Oral Hygiene Wars (Intelligent Systems + Koei-Tecmo).

June: Yoshi & Poochy's Deluxe Woolly World (Good-Feel).
Pokemon DLC (Game Freak).

July: Splatoon 3 DLC (EPD 5).
Square Enix Weebexclusive (Team Asano).
Wave Race: Riptide (EPD 9).

August:

September: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Kingdom of the Weebs DLC (Monolith Soft).
Wario World: High-Seas Hijinks (NST + Next Level Games).
F ZERO 99 (Arika).

October: Detective Pikatwo (Creatures Inc).
Switch Sports update (EPD 4).
New Super Mario World (EPD 10).
Switch UHD launches (some 'miracle' port launches this month to show what SUHD can do - RDR2?).

November: Pokemon DLC (Game Freak).
Animal Crossing: Party Plaza (NdCube).

December: Style Savvy: Design Some Clothes or Whatever, Losers (Syn Sophia).

-Fire Emblem at the beginning of the year;

-BOTW2 in March;

-A new 2D Mario close to the movie's launch;

-Either MP2 Remastered or MP4 releasing by the end of the year;

-Splatoon 3 and Pokémon SV getting DLC;

-Xenoblade 3's extra story is a prequel and it comes out in September;

-BOTW2 DLC releasing in December/2023;

-Probably no DK;

-A little surprise. Maybe F-Zero GX Remastered?

PS: i still think Advance Wars comes out this year

Last edited:
January: Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp. Nintendo completely buries this by announcing new Switch hardware will drop later this year.
February: Fire Emblem 17 [+ Switch Sports DLC]
March: Donkey Kong 3D
April: Pentathlon Tournament, a sports JRPG by Team Asano
May: Kirby's Cloudy Kingdom idk
June: Breath Of The Wild 2
July: Pikmin 4 [+ Splatoon 3 DLC]
August: ARMS 2 / Dragon Quest III HD-2D
September: Mario Party 12 (13?) [+ Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC]
October: Metroid Prime 4 / Shin Megami Tensei V: Plot Edition
November: Super Mario Movie Land. 2D Mario jumps between movie sets, with each set featuring a different art style. [+ Pokémon S/V DLC]
December: Fire Emblem Echoes: [blank] of Jugdral

I love fanfiction.

Last edited:
Advance Wars
Sequel to Breath of the Wild + DLC
Leaked Fire Emblem + DLC
Metroid Prime 4
New 2D Mario
Mario Kart DLC
Pokemon S&V DLC
Xenoblade 3 DLC
Splatoon 3 DLC
Switch Sports DLC
Mario & Rabbids DLC
New console to NSO

Edit:
From third parties Persona 3 and 4

I'm terrible at these but here we go!

January: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse port
February: Ever Oasis 2
March: Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 4, Good-Feel's Samurai action game
April: Pushmo 5, Pokemon spinoff of some sort
May: Splatoon 3 paid DLC (Octoexpansion 2?)
June: Donkey Kong Country 6
July: Fire Emblem - The Fourth House, Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 5
August: Pikmin 4
September: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages remake
October: Super Mario Bros 4 (Super Mario Bros 5 in Japan), Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 6
November: Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 8 Ultra, 3-4 Switch, and Ringfit Adventure 2 all releasing alongside the SUPER SWITCH
December: Pokemon Ultra Scarlet and Ultra Violet

Note: The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be delayed to 2024.
Ever Oasis 2, a person of culture.

January: Yoshi's Woolly World port.
February: Dragon Quest 3 HD2D (published by Nintendo)
March: The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild + new hardware
April: Mario Kart Booster Pack 4
May: Arms 2
June: Mario Super Sluggers
July: Splatoon 3 DLC + BotW DLC wave 1
August: Fire Emblem + Mario Kart Wave 5
September: Kid Icarus Uprising Remastered + XC3 Story expansion
October: Metroid Prime 4
November: 3D Donkey Kong or 3D Mario, one of those two is happening next year
December: Wave 2 of BotW2 DLC + Mario Kart Wave 6

january: wario land 5
february: advance wars 1+2
march: zelda botw 2
april: nintendogs
may: fire emblem 18
june: mario baseball
july: tomarochi life 2
august: metroid prime 2 remaster
september: kid icarus uprising remaster, new pokémon mystery dungeon
october: new 3d mario
november: nothing
december: style saavy 5

Rusty’s Real Deal Boxing
Hey You! Pikmin!
Geist Resurrection
Star Wolf Adventures: Resurrection of Prince Tricky
Odama x Donkey Kong
4D Hot Rally
Rhythm Hell
Waluigi’s Pinball Dimension
Super Mario 64 DS Deluxe
Metal Slader Glory Gaiden

I am not qualified to make a list, but I'm still making one:
  • January: Nothing. Touch some grass.
  • February: That samurai game Good-Feel has been crafting (heh), plus MK DLC wave 4.
  • March: BotW2 is finally released and it is glorious. Nintendo announces DLC for it. You can get bonuses from BotW save data. New hardware is also revealed... and it's a BotW2-themed Switch OLED. Lol.
  • April: New 2D Mario that has ties to the Mario movie. New small-scale game for Chibi Robo.
  • May: BIG Switch Sports update. MK DLC wave 5. And XB3 Torna-ish DLC.
  • June: 3D Donkey Kong platformer. DQ3 HD2D published by Ninty in the west.
  • July: Rhythm Heaven: Up to Eleven, new Megaman Battle Network copublished by Nintendo and Capcom, and Splatoon 3 paid DLC.
  • August: Astral Chain 2: Shackles of Fate. And Bashmo, the latest sequel to Pushmo.
  • September: Pikmin 4.
  • October: Mario Party-style game using the Animal Crossing IP. Advance Wars Reboot Camp emerges from the shadows once again.
  • November: Metroid Prime 4 and Silksong both release to the cheers of Metroidvania fans everywhere
  • December: Fire Emblem: insert epic subtitle here

First:
Advance Wars Reboot Camp
Metroid Prime Trilogie
Zelda: Demise of the wild
DLC for Xeno, Splatoon and MK

New Fire Emblem
New Donkey Kong
Something F- Zero
Something Mario

Thirds:
Batman Arkham Trilogy
Mass Effect Trilogy
Hogwarts Legacy
Resident Evil

Rusty’s Real Deal Boxing
Hey You! Pikmin!
Geist Resurrection
Star Wolf Adventures: Resurrection of Prince Tricky
Odama x Donkey Kong
4D Hot Rally
Rhythm Hell
Waluigi’s Pinball Dimension
Super Mario 64 DS Deluxe
Metal Slader Glory Gaiden
What a gigachad list

No idea, but guessing BOTW2, MP4 and a 2D Mario or DK will be the years big games (and stuff like Fire Emblem/Pokemon DLC)

Last edited:
Great op! Think your predictions are fairly grounded and realistic. Mine wont be lol

January: Advanced wars 1+2

February: Metroid Prime Remastered.

March: Everybody 1, 2 switch

April: A new 2d mario game, to coincide with the film.

May: Untitled sequel to the Legend of zelda: Breath of the wild. I think this gets one more quick delay to the summer

Also May: The Nintendo Switch +, a new member of the nintendo switch family. Features enhanced internals. Games are able to run up to a maximum resolution of 1440p when docked thanks to dlss. Frame rates are also much improved. Big games such as mario odyssey, bowsers fury, and breath of the wild receive patches to take advantage of the new tech. Botw 2 is the big show case title. Nintendo promises that all their first party games will be playable on both the original switch family and switch plus, but third parties have the option of making their games exclusive to the new hard ware. Power said to be somewhere between the ps4 pro and xbox one x, so while it might still struggle with some ps5 and series x games, it will still be much more capable than before. It will launch at 399, resolution of the hand held screen upped to match the steam deck at 800p. Not nintendos true next gen successor, which will be much closer to the ps5 in power, but rather meant to extend the life cycle of the switch for another 2-3 years.

June: Pokemon scarlett and violette get their first expansion. Also recieve a patch to take advantage of the new hardware in an effort by game freak to show that they are taking complaints about the visuals in their games seriously

July: Fire emblem Next

August: Nintendo has contracted a team made up of former alpha dream developers to create the next entry in the mario & Luigi rpg series. Mario and Luigi: Royal Rumble sees mario, luigi, peach, and daisy team up to go on a globe trotting adventure to save the world from the ressurrected Cackletta, who has split her soul and possessed each of the worlds princesses except for daisy and Peach. Each new nation has a boss battle with one of the possessed princesses at the end, culminating in a battle at the comet observatory against possessd Rosalina, queen of the cosmos, as cackletta attempts to use the power of the luma’s to destroy the universe and create a new one where she rules all. The game retains its cartoon look from the more recent 3ds remakes, but now in hd and the art looks gorgeous. There is less reliance on mini games than other entries and it feels more like a traditional rpg

September: Metroid Prime 4

October: splatoon 3 expansion

November: pokemon expansion 2
: The next 3d mario game

Last edited:
grand theft auto mushroom kingdom!!! Mario can steal cars and shoot guns

(Remind me tomorrow to actually write up a more detailed list, it’s late lol)
Replace Mario and Luigi with Wario and Waluigi and it makes perfect sense.

I will never apologise for believing Advance Wars, Wario World, Wave Race and F Zero could all somehow get games in 2023.

If I spread my wacky bets wide enough, reality will bend at least partially to my whims.

I just can't escape the feeling that a StarFox game will drop in time for the series' 30th anniversary.

Even if it's something as relatively tepid as a remaster/remake of Assault, with that being the "3D action game revamp" Bamco chose to work on...

January: Advance Wars 1+2 ReBoot Camp
February: Switch Sports update
March: Splatoon 3 Off the Hook Co-Op campaign (included in NSO XP), BotW 2
April: MK8D Booster Pack Wave 4, Xenoblade 3 Expansion Pack Wave 3
May: New Fire Emblem
June: Pokemon S/V DLC 1, Mario + Rabbids DLC
July: MK8D Booster Pack Wave 5
August: New Grezzo IP like Ever Oasis
September: Xenoblade 3 Expansion Pack Wave 4, Everybody 1-2 Switch
October: Switch 2, Arms 2, New 3D Mario (Switch 2)
November: Pokemon S/V DLC 2, MK8D Booster Pack Wave 6
December: BotW 2 DLC

January : Advance Wars 1&2 if not released by then (I could see it releasing in October or December 2022 too)
February : New Fire Emblem
March : BOTW 2
April : New Style Savvy
May : New Tomodachi Life
June : The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls remake by Grezzo
July : Splatoon 3 DLC
August : Dragon Quest 3 remake (published by Nintendo in the west only)
September : Xenoblade 3 new story DLC, Kirby eshop title
October : New 3D Mario
November : Pokémon SV DLC, Metroid Prime 4
December : Fire Emblem Echoes Genealogy of the Holy War

And some other unpredictable stuff + 1 or 2 others eshop only titles.

BOTW2
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Party 12
Captain Toad 2
Casual Game
2d Kirby
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Remake
2D Mario
3D Mario
Donkey Kong
Rhythm Heaven
Arms 2
Detective Pikachu 2
Greatest year of all time!!
It's really wild that everything there can happen. I don't think everything will happen, some will slip to 2024, but there's a chance for a 2023 launch of every single thing listed and that's wild!

I'm loving all the believers in Prime 4 for next year!
It's our time for glory, finally!! BELIEVE!!

(Emily said it was aimed at 2023, also that would be ~5 years since Retro took the project and ~2 years of them only working on it with Prime Remake gone gold)

Anual Metroid from 2021-2023+. Who would have thought?? 🥺❤️

January : Advance Wars 1&2 if not released by then (I could see it releasing in October or December 2022 too)
February : New Fire Emblem
March : BOTW 2
April : New Style Savvy
May : New Tomodachi Life
June : The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls remake by Grezzo
July : Splatoon 3 DLC
August : Dragon Quest 3 remake (published by Nintendo in the west only)
September : Xenoblade 3 new story DLC, Kirby eshop title
October : New 3D Mario
November : Pokémon SV DLC, Metroid Prime 4
December : Fire Emblem Echoes Genealogy of the Holy War

And some other unpredictable stuff + 1 or 2 others eshop only titles.
Okay I agree with literally everything of this list.

• January
    • Nintendo Switch Sports Baseball update on January 13th.
    • Yoshi's Woolly World Deluxe on January 27th.
  • February
    • Fire Emblem 17 on February 10th.
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass Wave 3 on February 17th.
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 4 on February 24th.
  • March
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 on March 3rd
  • April
    • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-boot Camp on April 7th.
    • Fire Emblem 17 DLC Wave 1 on April 21st.
    • Metroid Prime 2 HD on April 28th.
  • May
    • Pokemon DLC Wave 1 on May 12th.
    • Nintendo Switch Sports Dodgeball update on May 26th.
  • June
    • Mario Baseball on June 2nd.
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 5 on June 16th.
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story Expansion on June 23rd.
  • July
    • Splatoon 3 Expansion on July 7th.
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 DLC Wave 1 on July 21st.
    • Donkey Kong 3D on July 28th.
  • August
    • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Expansion on August 11th.
    • Fire Emblem 17 Story Expansion on August 25th.
  • September
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6 on September 8th.
    • Nintendo Switch Sports Basketball update on September 15th.
    • Metroid Prime 3 HD on September 29th.
  • October
    • Mario Party Spinoff on October 13th.
    • Pikmin 4 on October 27th.
  • November
    • Pokemon DLC Wave 2 on November 10th.
    • Super Mario 3D on November 17th.
  • December
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 Story Expansion on December 1st.
Could probably cut something like Donkey Kong or the Mario Party Spinoff out, as this is a lot busier than I expected now that I'm looking at it. The DLC is gonna be off the charts next year.

Man with Nintendo who knows what partnership will arise and release a game. Lets throw out some third party games, first party seems covered:

• A konami/Nintendo exclusive Castlevania or Goemon game
  • Sega bring back Sonic Rush, fantastic ds game.
  • Exclusive Ace Attorney game, not 7
  • An fps for switch from an American studio, respawn is busy
  • Murasame's Castle by KT, technically first party
  • A new collab for a Star Wars/Marvel game, a la UA3.

I can name others but they are safe bets/already rumored, etc.

Usually the spring direct sets the tone for the full year, and the prior year's September direct announces stuff up to March or end of the FY, with a few teases for whats to come in the following year.

I'm guessing no BOTW2 in this FY and the game will launch sometime after March 31st, with a new hardware and if there is new hardware, a new major/main Mario game is probably also coming within 6-9 months. I do think they will try to capture 2017 one-two punch (Zelda + Mario) again.

Too early to say what other games will arrive, especially considering we're probably about a month away (if not weeks) from some sort of fall direct, I'd just wait for that to drop before predicting anything. Otherwise it's just a wishlist of the same Nintendo IPs we see in every direct prediction thread, which while nice, is not always the most exciting thing for me.

This is 100% software only. I am not going to attempt any hardware announcements here.

January- Advance Wars: Reboot Camp (Small chance this gets dropped in December I suppose)
February- F-Zero 99 / Kirby Epic Yarn HD
March- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2/Mario Kart DLC Wave 4
April- Detective Pikachu 2 (I'm pretty sure this game is vaporware at this point, but I'll throw it in there for giggles)
May- New Fire Emblem
June- Mario Baseball / Splatoon 3 DLC
July- Super Mario Galaxy 2 HD
August- Mario Kart DLC Wave 5
September- Star Fox Switch / GBA games on the NSO Expansion Pass
October- Metroid Prime 4 / Super Mario Party 2
November- Donkey Kong 3D / Pokémon Scarlet/Violet DLC
December- Wario Land Returns / Mario Kart DLC Wave 6

Back
Top Bottom