• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Let's predict Nintendo's 2023 lineup!

-Fire Emblem at the beginning of the year;

-BOTW2 in March;

-A new 2D Mario close to the movie's launch;

-Either MP2 Remastered or MP4 releasing by the end of the year;

-Splatoon 3 and Pokémon SV getting DLC;

-Xenoblade 3's extra story is a prequel and it comes out in September;

-BOTW2 DLC releasing in December/2023;

-Probably no DK;

-A little surprise. Maybe F-Zero GX Remastered?

PS: i still think Advance Wars comes out this year

Except for BOTW2 (now ToTK) in March, my prediction pretty much stays the same. Pikmin 4 might be the March 2023 game. And 2023 can still be the year MP4 comes out, especially if there's new hardware.

I know they were/are problematic, but they have been completely removed from the IP and Nintendo can give it to someone else, say Retro, and then it won't be associated with anyone from Silicon Knights. Nintendo owns the IP, so Dyack and anyone else associated with him won't see a dime from it, as it should be. This is especially true if they remake it, which they should so that the sanity effects will be Switch related and not Gamecube related.
I certainly dont oppose to the idea of Retro Studios doing an horror game in the future, but i think i'd prefer if it was a spiritual sequel than an outright sequel.

I just can't escape the feeling that a StarFox game will drop in time for the series' 30th anniversary.

Even if it's something as relatively tepid as a remaster/remake of Assault, with that being the "3D action game revamp" Bamco chose to work on...
Alright, I guess I'll add some more!

Now that Bayo3 is FINALLY out, I suppose that clears the way for Takahisa Taura to announce whatever he's been working on currently. Be it Astral Chain's sequel or something new. Or perhaps a new, fully PlatinumGames-made Star Fox action game.

...Hey, let me dream~!

January - Fire Emblem Engage
Febuary - Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe,
March - Buddy Mission: BOND U.S. release (eShop only)
April - Rhythm Heaven Duet
May - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
June - Advance Wars 1+2 ReBoot Camp, Wario Land revival
July - N/A
August - New IP
September - ARMS 2
October - New Mario RPG, Pikmin 4
November - Metroid Prime 4
December - N/A

Last edited:
I’m still not sure why people think they’ll be a Mario game tie-in with the movie. If there was anything it would be small scale or distributed across many other active properties.

fuck it, I'll do another one of these

JAN: Fire Emblem Engage
FEB: Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
MAR: Everybody's 1-2 Switch god damn it
APR: F-ZERO GX HD (sigh)
MAY: Zelda
JUN: (something mass casual from the same pipeline as clubhouse games (may actually be related to everybody's 1-2 switch))
JUL: Pikmin 4
AUG: Splatoon 3 expansion (September 1 in Japan)
SEP: lol Kid Icarus Uprising Remake
OCT: fuck it, monkEPD
NOV: idk Pokémon expansion or whatever
DEC: something from above that went to crunch

god I get worse and worse at these lists. there are too many question marks surrounding nintendo right now to make a satisfying set of guesses. in other words, assuming no hardware out of exhaustion

edit: forgot metroid prime trilogy lmao

fuck 1-2 switch, throw metroid in there

its simple: if mp4 is releasing next year that will be announced in february
if not it will be announced at e3.

I def dont see mp4 releasing in 2023. Could happen but im more of a late 2024 person myself.

As for pikmin idk we already waited 40 years we can wait more.

Sure, I'll do another one. Why not.
  • January
    • Fire Emblem Engage
  • February
    • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC 3
    • Nintendo Direct (major announcements in red)
  • March
    • Metroid Prime HD
    • Splatoon 3 Season 3
    • Buddy Mission Bond
  • April
    • Advance Wars 1+2
    • Mario Kart 8 BCP Wave 4
    • Everybody's Stinky Horse
  • May
    • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • June
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story Expansion
    • Mario Baseball
    • Splatoon 3 Season 4 + Story Expansion
    • E3 Direct (major announcements in blue)
  • July
    • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD
    • Mario Kart 8 BCP Wave 5
    • Pokemon SV DLC Wave 1
  • August
    • Pikmin 4
    • Fire Emblem Engage Story Expansion
  • September
    • Donkey Kong: Cranky Gets Arrested for Arson
    • Nintendo Direct (no major announcements for 2023)
    • Splatoon 3 Season 5
  • October
    • Mario Party: It's Bad Again
    • F-Zero GX HD
    • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Story Expansion
  • November
    • Pokemon SV DLC Wave 2
    • Mario Kart 8 BCP Wave 6
    • Super Mario: Insert Witty Title Here (2D)
  • December
    • Splatoon 3 Season 6
Games like Yoshi's Woolly World Deluxe, Grezzo's new IP, Metroid Prime 4, 3D Mario, Astral Chain 2, and/or some other stuff I can't really think of are saved for 2024. New hardware also shows up at some point, probably alongside Zelda, but that's damn near impossible to predict the timing.

There's probably something else I forgot.

Sure I’ll take another stab at this. Here was my original guesses four months ago:

January: Leaked Fire Emblem
February: Dragon Quest III HD 2D
March: New Mario Platformer Of Some Sort
April: New Gen 2 Hardware and Breath of the Wild 2 launch together. Also Mario Kart Wave 4 and the Mario Movie hit this month.
May: New F-Zero (look how extra shiny it is on Gen 2 hardware!) and Detective Pikachu 2
June: New Mario Sports Game (Baseball?)
July: Mother 3
August: Mario Kart Wave 5
September: Xenoblade 3 Expansion and New Donkey Kong
October: Pikmin 4 and Fortune Street
November: Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon SV DLC
December: BOTW 2 Big DLC Part 1/2 and Mario Kart Wave 6

Happy I got Fire Emblem right, an HD-2D game right, that Pikmin 4 exists, and was only one month off for BOTW 2. We know more now so let’s go with:

January: Fire Emblem Engage
February: Octopath Traveler II and Kirby RTD
March: Metroid Prime HD and Xenoblade Wave 3 DLC
April: Mario Movie, Mario Kart Wave 4, and New Mario Platformer
May: Zelda TK and Gen 2 Switch
June: F-Zero GX HD and New Mario Sports Game
July: Detective Pikachu 2, Dragon Quest III 2D-HD, and Everybody 1-2 Switch
August: Mario Kart Wave 5 and Advance Wars 1+2
September: Xenoblade 3 expansion and New Donkey Kong game
October: Pikmin 4 and Fortune Street
November: Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon SV DLC
December: Mario Kart Wave 6 and Zelda TK DLC 1 out of 2

I’m still torn where I’d put the next three platformers, 2D Mario, 3D Mario, and DK. I’m also torn on if Metroid Prime 4 will make it or not. We’ll definitely see it next year, I’m not worried about that, but Prime HD not making the cut this year suggests to me Prime 4 is 2024. I still want to believe for now it is the holiday game. It’s time is coming soon. I don’t know where Everybody 1-2 Switch and Advance Wars will pop up for very different reasons so I dumped them in the Summer.

New 2023

Some DLC
Fire Emblem Engage
Zelda TotK
Kirby Return to Dreamland
Something Pokemon
Advance Wars
New Donkey Kong
Pikmin 4
Metroid Prime 4

Lots of Remasters/ Remakes in 2023/2024

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zelda WW/ TP
F-ZERO GX
Kid Icarus Uprising
Golden Sun Collection
Fire Emblem Radiant Collection
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Luigis Mansion 1 & 2

Random Surprise no one expects

Nintendo funding the next NieR Game
Halo on Switch
Nintendo buys EA (Okay, that's maybe a bit tooo much :)

Depends on the sept direct I suppose, but so far I am expecting

• BOTW2
  • Pokémon SV DLC (no way they go back on that change from SS imo)
  • Rest of MK Booster Pass, Splatoon 3 and XB3 Expansions
  • M+R 2 DLC
  • 2D Mario
  • Return of DK
  • Advance Wars rises from the grave
  • Bamco Mario Sports (Baseball pls)
  • Grezzo / praying for Oracle remakes perhaps announced for early 2024
  • Pikmin 4 (will never stop hoping)
smiling at my past self for this, good job dude - pikmin 4 hopes were not in vain

none of my predictions have been directly invalidated as of yet (bold are yet to be, crossed are confirmed)

• I will transfer my Pikmin energies over to a new Rhythm Heaven
  • I will lock in a Switch 2 with Zelda hope, though perhaps with Metroid Prime HD
  • Oh, I forgot to mention MP HD / 4 apparently
  • The rest idk surprise me nintendo

Ignoring the first three months because I think they’re covered:

April
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp - will be shoved into the next direct’s montage with little to no fanfare.

May
  • Tomodachi Life Switch - leads have been no shows since Miitomo died unless they ended up working on Dr. Mario World lol.
June
  • New NDcube title - don’t know what it will be, but some staff haven’t been credited since SMP in 2018. I think I predicted this last year as well, but it has to happen eventually.
  • New 2D Mario - the game will have been in production for at least four years by this point.
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC 1 - would rather it be one large expansion, but based on leaks and info in the games themselves, I’m expecting it to split into two again.
July
  • Style Savvy Switch - Syn Sophia were hiring for a new fashion game in late 2020, put it in this month because why not.
  • Detective Pikachu 2 - expecting this to be fully revealed in the next Pokemon Presents. We know from that Creatures dev that the game is almost done.
  • Splatoon 3 Single Player DLC - pretty sure Nintendo originally wanted the base game out in July, so they’ll probably try and do the same here.
August
  • Pikmin 4
September
  • Metroid Prime HD/Trilogy/Whatever - we know Retro is sitting on something. I don’t know if Nintendo is waiting for a dual-reveal with Prime 4 or if they’re just going to wait until Prime 2/3 are finished too.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story DLC - Monolith have been well ahead of the projected deadlines for the DLC so far, probably because the game’s release was moved up.
October
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC 2
  • Ring Fit Adventure 2 - Director didn’t work on Switch Sports and the original has become a huge hit.
November
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet + DLC Bundle
  • New 3D Mario - couldn’t really think of another big holiday title and I think it would be about time as well.
December
  • Rhythm Heaven Switch - literally based on no solid evidence, but indieszero makes rhythm games, seems to have two teams, and their last two games with Nintendo have also released in December. Megamix selling 750K in Japan alone is something, right?

There are probably announced titles I missed or some that I have no idea where to put (eg. Namco’s remaster). Not to mention the surprises. I was debating whether to add Prime 4, but my wild guess is that it’s a Q1/Q2 2024 game.

Last edited:
Mar
MK8 DLC4
Advance Wars

Apr
Stinky Horse Adventures

May
Zelda something

June
Rhythm Heaven Wii HD

July
MK8 DLC5
Metroid Prime HD

August
F-Zero GX HD

September
Xenoblade DLC expansion
Pikmin 4

Oct
Splatoon DLC expansion
Donkey Kong '22

Nov
MK8 DLC6
Pokémon DLC expansion

Dec
Fire Emblem DLC expansion

Last edited:

April
  • Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp - will be shoved into the next direct’s montage with little to no fanfare.

May
  • Tomodachi Life Switch - leads have been no shows since Miitomo ended unless they ended working on Dr. Mario World lol.
June
  • New NDcube title - don’t know what it will be, but some staff haven’t been credited since SMP in 2018. I think I predicted this last year as well, but it has to happen eventually.
  • New 2D Mario - the game will have been in production for at least four years by this point.
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC 1 - would rather it be one large expansion, but based on leaks and info in the games themselves, I’m expecting it to split into two again.
July
  • Style Savvy Switch - Syn Sophia were hiring for a new fashion game in late 2020, put it in this month because why not.
  • Detective Pikachu 2 - expecting this to be fully revealed in the next Pokemon Presents. We know from that Creatures dev that the game is almost done.
  • Splatoon 3 Single Player DLC - pretty sure Nintendo originally wanted the base game out in July, so they’ll probably try and do the same here.
August
  • Pikmin 4
September
  • Metroid Prime HD/Trilogy/Whatever - we know Retro is sitting on something. I don’t know if Nintendo is waiting for a dual-reveal with Prime 4 or if they’re just going to wait until Prime 2/3 are finished too.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story DLC - Monolith have been well ahead of the projected deadlines for the DLC so far, probably because the game’s release was moved up.
October
  • Ring Fit Adventure 2 - Director didn’t work on Switch Sports and the original has become a huge hit.
November
  • New 3D Mario - couldn’t really think of another big holiday title and I think it would be about time as well.
December
  • Rhyhtm Heaven Switch - literally based on no solid evidence, but indieszero makes rhyhtm games, seems to have two teams, and their last two games with Nintendo have also released in December. Megamix selling 750K in Japan alone is something, right?

There are probably announced titles I missed or some that I have no idea where to put (eg. Namco’s remaster). Not to mention the surprises. I was debating whether to add Prime 4, but my wild guess is that it’s a Q1/Q2 2024 game.
I don't think it's likely they'd do two mainline Mario's in a single year, especially if they have some sort of spin-off set for the year. Even if we assume they're in fact ready for this year I think they'd push one or two of them into early or mid next year, kind of like with what happened with Galaxy 2. And personally I doubt anything's going on with mainline Mario in the short term, the 2D Mario team also does Pikmin, and the 3D Mario team has been rumored to be working on DK. I think both have their hands full with those titles for this year. I there will be some sort of spin-off ready, but I don't think anything else will appear, aside from Mario Kart of course

My guess for Mario is that we'll see Mario Sluggers on Switch next year, if not that I think Mario Party is plausible, either as a new title or maybe DLC.

Quoted by: N75
the 2D Mario team also does Pikmin
Besides Hiroyuki Kimura producing both under the same production group, this really isn’t true. Both series have a completely different set of leads except for maybe Shigefumi Hino (who I doubt is even on Pikmin 4).

The Kyoto office has been working on a 2D title since at least mid/late 2019 and the Tokyo officie was hiring for a 3D game around the same time. We know based on copyright filings and posts from staff that NST was the main developer for Bowser’s Fury.

Besides Hiroyuki Kimura producing both under the same production group, this really isn’t true. Both series have a completely different set of leads except for maybe Shigefumi Hino (who I doubt is even on Pikmin 4).
Do they not have cross over with other development staff? Not using the same leads is one thing, but I'd think that hardly matters if say they share the same group of programmers for example, as they'd still be bottlenecked. Also is there any reason to assume Camelot or NDcube wouldn't be able to provide a Mario title next year? Because I'd assume that would also have a big impact as to whether or not they'd release a mainline Mario.

Do they not have cross over with other development staff? Not using the same leads is one thing, but I'd think that hardly matters if say they share the same group of programmers for example, as they'd still be bottlenecked. Also is there any reason to assume Camelot or NDcube wouldn't be able to provide a Mario title next year? Because I'd assume that would also have a big impact as to whether or not they'd release a mainline Mario.
EPD groups don't 100% "exist" in the way you'd think. While there is definitely some staff that stays with a given series, there's a ton of floating between groups. The director of Wii Sports Resort was in a planning role for A Link Between Worlds, and many suspect the conspicuous absences in Splatoon 3 are working on Mario

It is kinda fun now that Q1 is presumably more or less covered. Swapped out my Wave Race wildcard for something else because I can't see EPD shipping more than 3 internal games in a year:

April: Advance Wars Reboot Camp (WayForward), Mario Kart DLC
May: Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (EPD 3/Monolith Soft)
June: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 story expansion, Wario Land (Good-Feel)
July: F-Zero GX HD (Tantalus), LEGO Super Mario (TT Games/TT Fusion)
August: Fire Emblem story DLC, Mario Kart DLC, Switch Sports DLC
September: Pikmin 4 (EPD 10), Boxboy x Parttime UFO (HAL), Splatoon 3 DLC
October: Super Mario Universe (3D, EPD 8), Metroid Prime HD (Retro Studios)
November: Animal Crossing: Some Sort of Party Spin-Off (NdCube), Pokemon Expansion, Mario Kart DLC
December: Zelda DLC expansion

Oh yeah, I didn’t include it but HAL will probably release another title. Vanpool is likely leading development of RtDL Deluxe and the Boxboy producer hasn’t been credited in anything since the last game in early 2019.

EPD groups don't 100% "exist" in the way you'd think. While there is definitely some staff that stays with a given series, there's a ton of floating between groups. The director of Wii Sports Resort was in a planning role for A Link Between Worlds, and many suspect the conspicuous absences in Splatoon 3 are working on Mario
So I'd presume that with my programmer example I used before that would be the type of staff that just floats between projects as needed. So in sense I'd be correct it shares programmers, but not nessicary a dedicated group assigned to a particular EPD team like I'd have expected, more like one large pool of programmers used by the entirety of internal EPD teams.

January
-Fire Emblem: Engage

February
-Kirby: Return to Dream Land

March
-Bayonetta Origins

April
-Advance Wars Reboot

May
-Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
-Switch 2, Zelda launch title

June
-???

July
-???

August
-Pikmin 4

September
-Detective Pikachu 2
-GB/GBC/GBA for NSO

October
-Metroid Prime

November
-Next 3D Mario game (Switch 2 exclusive maybe)

December
-???

April

May
  • Tomodachi Life Switch - leads have been no shows since Miitomo ended unless they ended up working on Dr. Mario World lol.
June
July
August
  • Pikmin 4
September
October
November
December
  • Rhythm Heaven Switch - literally based on no solid evidence, but indieszero makes rhythm games, seems to have two teams, and their last two games with Nintendo have also released in December. Megamix selling 750K in Japan alone is something, right?

Dig the research behind this, although I disagree on the double Mario games. I would be very surprised to see them release two within 6 months of each other. Feel like you can swap one with the rumored DK game.

This in general would be a ridiculously heavy EPD/subsidiary year, which I don’t really see happening. There’s gonna be a few more externally developed games, probably on the way of remasters and/or smaller titles.

Well, of course the DLC we’ve all been waiting for - Xenoblade: The return of Rex.

Bu I’m not sure on any dates. I hope for a new 3D Mario next year. Odyssey hugged my child-like soul. It’s been too long since I’ve felt that magic.

I'll take a guess. Honestly, this could go any number of ways. If Switch 2 releases ( A) it is BC, B) it is not BC). This assumes there is new hardware and it is option A). There is BC.

January

- Fire Emblem: Engage

February

• Kirby: Return to Dream Land
  • Splatoon 3 DLC
  • Octopath 2

ANNOUCEMENT of new hardware, May Launch

March

• MK8 DLC
  • Xeno3 DLC
  • Switch Sports DLC

April

- Advance Wars Reboot

May

- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

- Switch 2, Zelda launch title
* Red Dead 2 (switch 2)
* Crash Woompa League
- New Wave Race or 3, 4 Switch.
* Mass Effect trilogy (Switch 2)

June

• Punchout Wii HD Deluxe
    [*]SFVI or MK or Tekken (A fighting game for the new system).
    [*]Story of Seasons Wonderful Life
    [*]MGS Twin Snakes HD

July

• Monster Hunter Rise Complete edition (4k) (Switch 2)
  • Entrian Odyssey
- Xeno 3 big story DLC
- Minecraft Legends

August

• Pikmin 4
  • MADDEN! (Switch 2)
  • REMake 2 (Switch 2)

September

• EA FC (formally Fifa) (Switch 2)
  • GB/GBC/GBA for NSO. including some pokemon games
  • FFVIIR (Switch 2)
    [*]NBA 2k (Switch 2)
    [*]Warriors Game of some sort. Xeno or Pokemon?

October

• Elden Ring (Switch 2)
  • Metroid Prime
  • HD upgrade for Metroid Dread
  • COD!

November

• HD2D Mario Game!
  • Ultra Pokemon Violet & Scarlet -or- Animal Crossing festival game
  • DQIII HD2D
  • something from Xbox...not kidding. (Switch 2). Rare Replay or Sea of Thieves,
-or- maybe Killer Instinct collection,
-or- Halo 1-3? (halo needs some good PR right now).

Halo needs good word of mouth and so does MS. They will look to play nice and stick it to Sony.

December

- WWE No Mercy low grade HD remake.

* I think nintendo has less titles, but they are bigger 3rd party and 1st party titles.*

Bayonetta Origins doesn't really strike me as a big enough release that would preclude something else releasing in March. Even if it's just, like, Advance Wars being shoved out at the last possible moment at the end of the fiscal year (March 31 is a Friday...).

But I'm going to be bolder.

New hardware announced in January, releasing March 24.

Big launch titles: New Super Mario Bros. 3 and Resident Evil 4.

n i n t e n d o g s to follow one month later, just in time for Golden Week (aka "the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe/Nintendo Switch Sports slot"). Zelda of course a few weeks after that.

Am I wrong? Yes.

New hardware announced in January, releasing March 24.
penguinz0-yeah-baby.gif

Big launch titles: New Super Mario Bros. 3
disintegrate.gif

Jan:
Fire Emblem Engage

Feb:
Nintendo Direct
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

March:
Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

April:
Metroid Prime Remaster

May:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Next Nintendo Hardware Confirmation

June:
Nintendo Direct E3 2023
Untitled Super Mario 2D Game

July:
Nothing

August:
Pikmin 4
The Legend of Zelda HD Collection

Septemeber:
Nintendo Direct
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Story DLC

October:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Next Nintendo Hardware Announcement

November:
Nothing

December:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War

I'll have some fun by coming up with some wonderful fan names; since they're the best part of these fantasy lists.

Q1:
  • Fire Emblem Engage [Intelligent Systems]
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe [Vanpool / HAL Laboratory]
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon [PlatinumGames]
  • Detective Pikachu II [Creatures Inc.]
Q2:
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [WayForward]
  • Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! [Game Freak]
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom [Nintendo EPD]
  • Everybody's 1-2-Switch [NDcube]
  • Fresh Super Mario Bros. [Nintendo EPD]
  • Downloadable Content:
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 4
    • Pokémon Scarlet / Violet - Kalos Highlands
Q3:
  • F-Zero GX Deluxe [Tantalus Media]
  • Style Savvy: In Vogue [Syn Sophia]
  • Pikmin 4 [Nintendo EPD]
  • Downloadable Content:
    • Splatoon 3 - Bunny Expansion
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 5
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Ouroboros: The Lost Founders
Q4:
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD [Retro Studios (Prime) / Virtuos (Prime 2/3)]
  • Donkey Kong Country: Banana Split [Nintendo EPD]
  • Rhythm Heaven Rearrange [indieszero / Nintendo EPD]
  • Downloadable Content:
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass Wave 6
    • Pokémon Scarlet / Violet - Negative Depths
    • Fire Emblem Engage - Shattered Emblems
    • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - The Minish Melody
Somewhere in the year, maybe:
  • Game Boy / Game Boy Advance - Nintendo Switch Online [NERD]
    • It’s about time for it, but i’m not totally sold on September needing to be that time. March could use a bit of a boost still, so how about some synergy from Pokemon’s anniversary the prior month?
  • Buddy Mission BOND English localization [Ruby Party]
    • There was some hope given by Mei Erikawa this year so i’ll just keep my fingers crossed believing in it.
  • Jet Dragon [Grezzo]
    • Whether or not this gets to be included here depends on if this is actually published by Nintendo or not; for now we don't really know if it is.
  • Something new from Arika
    • Another 99 series title, or a puzzle game like Dr. Mario. It's been awhile since Pac-Man 99 already, so it's about time for something else from them.
  • Something new from HAL
    • Another BoxBoy title or perhaps a return to Picross 3D; I think something entirely from HAL will show up this year too, not just a co-developed Kirby.
  • Bravely Collection [Square Enix]
    • Might not be published by Nintendo outside of Japan anymore; we'll just have to see what happens. Same applies to DQIII HD-2D.
  • Tomodachi?
    • Tomodachi please?

Last edited:
Yeah, GB/GBA NSO, Style Savvy, and Detective Pikachu are all good bets for 2023, along with us hopefully finally seeing something from EPD 8.

Edit - you can tell the speculation brain hasn't been active lately, because I'd forgot about Grezzo and Jet Dragon, and I'd already forgotten the Pocket Jockey trademark. Be fun if Good-Feel's comedy adventure game was also finished because if all these things were on Switch or Nintendo published we could get a bizarre Bayonetta spin off, new IP from Grezzo and Good-Feel, a new HAL title from the BoxBoy brains, and a new Pocket Card Jockey in the same year.

Considering Greezo did Miitopia I feel like Tomodachi Life would be a logical project for them to tackle. Would be a good use for those HD Mii assets and that enhanced Mii Maker they've made. Considering both the DS & 3DS installments are multi-million sellers it honestly seems like a obvious series to bring to Switch.

Up to May is sorted so otherwise: Pokemon DLC, Zelda DLC, Detective Pikachu 2, Metroid Prime Remake (if we believe Mr. Grubb) before MP4 in 2024, Pikmin, Donkey Kong are probably the bigguns

Last edited:
Considering Greezo did Miitopia I feel like Tomodachi Life would be a logical project for them to tackle. Would be a good use for those HD Mii assets and that enhanced Mii Maker they've made. Considering both the DS & 3DS installments are multi-million sellers it honestly seems like a obvious series to bring to Switch.
Tomodachi Life would transfer really poorly to Switch, as it makes very heavy use of the 3DS's cameras, microphone, and touch screen. Even if the internal development force for it hasn't really existed for a while, I think a new Tomodachi game is much more likely than a port.

My problem with most of these lists is that they're too pessimistic if you ask me. So here's my own (slightly optimistic to compensate :p)

Jan:
-Fire Emblem Engage

Feb:
-Kirby Return To Dreamland DX
-Xenoblade DLC next wave

March:
-Bayonetta spin-off
-MK8 BCP wave 4

April:
-new 99 style game
-Advance Wars 1+2 remake

May:
-LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom

June:
-Metroid Prime Remake

July:
-PIKMIN 4
-MK8 BCP wave 5

August:
-Xenoblade 3 story DLC expansion
-new Style Savvy

September:
-DKC: Reptilian Return
-GBC/GBA to NSO

October:
-new Good feel platformer, will be cozy ancient Asian samurai themed
-Splatoon 3 Space DLC expansion
-Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars remake

November:
-New Super Mario Bros. Bubble Mayhem
-Pokemon SV DLC expansion: idk haven't played them
-MK8 BCP wave 6

December:
-Kirby Party eShop game

I will redone my FY2023/24 list as we know their lineup until march..

April: Mario Sluggers, Everybody 1 2 Switch
May: Zelda TOTK
June: Tomodachi
July: New Mario 2D
August: F-ZERO GX DX
September: Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
October: Pikmin 4
November: Metroid Prime 1 Remaster
December: Style Saavy
January: Kirby Triple Star DX
February: New DK
March: Star Fox (Exclusive to Drake model)

+ On going support from MK8 DX, Splatoon 3, FE Engage, Xenoblade 3 and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

Tomodachi Life would transfer really poorly to Switch, as it makes very heavy use of the 3DS's cameras, microphone, and touch screen. Even if the internal development force for it hasn't really existed for a while, I think a new Tomodachi game is much more likely than a port.
I don't even remember the game using the microphone, I do remember some use of the camera, but I'd hardly say it heavily uses it. The QR code scanning's nice to have, but I wouldn't say it's, needed, especially if they allowed for Mii's to be shared online, which I believe Miitopia Switch does. Likewise I do remember some of the dreams using the camera, but those I think could be reworked. After all they're dreams, you can come up with all sorts of surreal stuff to use instead of the camera. As for touch screen use, the game certainly does use that fairly heavily, but none of the game feels like it truly needs it. At the end of the day you're mostly just tapping though various menus, with a few minigames tossed in for good measure.

Based both on what I remember, and playing it again just to get a feel for how touch screen heavy it is I really don't think it would lose that much without the 3DS unique features.

All announced titles have been canceled or are in development hell. Here’s the new list.

Jan: Star Fox Sushi Striker
Feb: Father (spin-off of Mother)
Mar: God of Snore (Jigglypuff action game)
Apr: Mario Is Missing: World Tour
May: Eternal Darkness 2: Darkness Ends
Jun: Virtual Boy ReMix
Jul: Super Wario Scratch n Sniff
Aug: Style Savvy Samus Edition
Sept: Trauma Center x Snipperclips crossover game
Oct: Dr. Mario, Heal Thyself!
Nov: Zelda CDi collection
Dec: Bloodborne 2

Pretty stacked!

All announced titles have been canceled or are in development hell. Here’s the new list.

Jan: Star Fox Sushi Striker
Feb: Father (spin-off of Mother)
Mar: God of Snore (Jigglypuff action game)
Apr: Mario Is Missing: World Tour
May: Eternal Darkness 2: Darkness Ends
Jun: Virtual Boy ReMix
Jul: Super Wario Scratch n Sniff
Aug: Style Savvy Samus Edition
Sept: Trauma Center x Snipperclips crossover game
Oct: Dr. Mario, Heal Thyself!
Nov: Zelda CDi collection
Dec: Bloodborne 2

Pretty stacked!
God of Snore is very good.

Once again, I raise this thread from the dead

Time to bring this thread back.

January- Fire Emblem: Engage
February- Kirby: Return to Dreamland Deluxe
March- Metroid Prime 1 HD/Mario Kart DLC Wave 4
April- Stinky Horse / maaaaybe Advance Wars
May- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
June- Mario Baseball / Splatoon 3 DLC
July- Pikmin 4
August- Mario Kart DLC Wave 5
September- Star Fox Switch / GBA games on the NSO Expansion Pass
October- F-Zero GX HD / Super Mario Party 2
November- Donkey Kong 3D / Pokémon Scarlet/Violet DLC
December- Wario Land Returns / Mario Kart DLC Wave 6

So my first seven months have a lot more hits than misses. Past Pikmin 4 though, everything is a mystery.

Depends on the sept direct I suppose, but so far I am expecting

• BOTW2
  • Pokémon SV DLC (no way they go back on that change from SS imo)
  • Rest of MK Booster Pass, Splatoon 3 and XB3 Expansions
  • M+R 2 DLC
  • 2D Mario
  • Return of DK
  • Advance Wars rises from the grave
  • Bamco Mario Sports (Baseball pls)
  • Grezzo / praying for Oracle remakes perhaps announced for early 2024
  • Pikmin 4 (will never stop hoping)

Still waiting on the bolded, though I haven't lost hope on any of them outside of only expecting one between 2D Mario / DK Revival

Back
Top Bottom