• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Latest Switch game box arts |ST|

81hBnSCA-QL._SL1500_.jpg

81qwNA2+baL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71oZAMx9hLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81I2bGdYquL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know, still terrible.
At least pose them, the positions and the blank background are reference enough. It looks awkward, Mario and Peach look souless.

Maybe there's going to be an alternate cover for the western release or a turn cover. I kinda like the simplicity and reference to the original box art though

Maybe there's going to be an alternate cover for the western release or a turn cover. I kinda like the simplicity and reference to the original box art though
Yeah, the callback itself is cool, but it doesn't look right. I think if the box was rectangular (well, just like the original) or squared, it would look very good, but, as it is, I think it's off.

Yeah, the callback itself is cool, but it doesn't look right. I think if the box was rectangular (well, just like the original) or squared, it would look very good, but, as it is, I think it's off.

Yep, I think characters and logo are too big. Japanese one looks a little better thanks to the smaller rating.

61f5Pn8zU3L._AC_SL1004_.jpg

All-Packshots_TACOII_V2SPELLS_SWITCH_2D.png

81HqcV17l0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91MFCWs8ZFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

815NrZrLSfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There is really a game called "My Next Life as a Villainess All Routes Lead to Doom! Pirates of the Disturbance"?
Pirates of the Disturbance is just the subtitle of the game.

The anime is based on a light novel and pretty much most of them have their summary as their title for some reason.

I guess it sells books better.

Not to be all contrarian, but this is, no irony, the greatest box I've ever seen. There's a clinical brutality of dumping these CG assets, unposed, against a plain white backdrop. This will really stand out on a store shelf and grab some attention.

Love the Star Ocean and the MGS boxes. Beautiful. Meanwhile...
FzKA6EhWIAEHxwT.png

I got my GrimGrimoire OnceMore copy today and WOW at the print quality.

Wiz2fqv.jpeg
ReSMuwA.jpeg

wq2bcB6.jpeg
eXuX6JB.jpeg

WTF, NIS?
It looks even cheaper and more awful in person. Like a print from a pirated copy in the PS2 era.

And their PS5 box arts aren't that much better.

From Tales into Reverie:

uaxtp8J.jpeg
JyKuuhO.jpeg
dLr3noN.jpeg

From Ys IX:

P2FHgGF.jpeg
Y7dD8ga.jpeg

Last edited:
81v0np0gp-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Koumajou Remilia II: Stranger's Requiem
71sZvBN0vRL._AC_SL1312_.jpg

81rOTMTXN7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg