• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Kiseki/Trails Community |ST| Ul-tra-vi-o-lence ♪ - Tag your Spoilers!

(WARNING DON'T WATCH UNLESS YOU WANT KAI NO KISEKI REVEALS/SPOILERS)

Omg.... Omfg.......... I.... aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS IS PEAK. GODDAMIT I'M SHAKING, UGGHGHHH THE WAIT. THIS TRAILER IS FRIGGIN 100/10

Last edited:

(WARNING DON'T WATCH UNLESS YOU WANT KAI NO KISEKI REVEALS/SPOILERS)

Omg.... Omfg.......... I.... aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS IS PEAK. GODDAMIT I'M SHAKING, UGGHGHHH THE WAIT. THIS TRAILER IS FRIGGIN 100/10

We are so f-ing back omg, Kondo was not exaggerating for once lol. They really threw everything they had into this game it seems.

I went to twitter this morning and all my feed was full of clips from the video 😅. Obviously its out of context but as someone going through Reverie at the moment its a bit funny.

I went to twitter this morning and all my feed was full of clips from the video 😅. Obviously its out of context but as someone going through Reverie at the moment its a bit funny.
As someone who's only played up until Azure I'm in a similar but even more perilous boat lol. Worst part is I just cannot help spoiling myself on some stuff ahah. The temptation is just too strong! Wonder if I should actually try to get through both CS1 and 2 this summer. I'm definitely afraid I could burnout.

I have to say there's something about Falcom's revamped character rendering (from Kuro onwards I mean) that's really appealing to me. Sure their open air environments are still kinda ugly (at least the towns seem better from what little I've seen) but everything outside of that? Stuff looks kinda nice honestly.

As someone who's only played up until Azure I'm in a similar but even more perilous boat lol. Worst part is I just cannot help spoiling myself on some stuff ahah. The temptation is just too strong! Wonder if I should actually try to get through both CS1 and 2 this summer. I'm definitely afraid I could burnout.

I have to say there's something about Falcom's revamped character rendering (from Kuro onwards I mean) that's really appealing to me. Sure their open air environments are still kinda ugly (at least the towns seem better from what little I've seen) but everything outside of that? Stuff looks kinda nice honestly.
Before I started playing the series, I watched all opening movies, it was up to Daybreak, and surprisingly they are somewhat spoiler-free. Like sure you get to see the cast, that already on the boxart, the villains and maybe cameos from other games, but thats it.

Watching Cold Steel opening was a trip because it was so different to the Crossbell trailers 😅

The advertising for Kai could literally just be that one 3 second shot of Kevin and I’d still classify it as a successful marketing campaign.
The moment I saw Rean on my TL I instantly jumped to the Falcom Twitter and saw the trailer there... Then I saw Kevin and I was like OOH! Then Rufus appeared and I was like OOOOH! (Kuro 2 spoilers): He did appear briefly in Kuro 2 but only as a silhouette, so it was obvious but it was nice to see his model, then it showed Altina and Rean and I was like AAAAH!

The buildup in the music to the shot of Grendel with the planet in the background is SO DAMN EPIIIIIIC!! 😩😩😩

Can you all believe we're going to see these 3 gentlemen in a room together?!?!

9EoNUiy.jpeg

You all know what month we're in right?
20th-anniversary-art-v0-blvfc2c60q3d1.jpeg

Wonder when, rather than if at this point, they're announcing it. Maybe right on the 24th?

You all know what month we're in right?
20th-anniversary-art-v0-blvfc2c60q3d1.jpeg

Wonder when, rather than if at this point, they're announcing it. Maybe right on the 24th?
Yeah I'd say it's all but guaranteed we're getting something, since Kondo confirmed they plan to announce a new Trails game for the 20th anniversary. There's a pretty good chance a FC Remake will be announced on June 24th.

Here's the relevant quote:

"In fact, we have already been preparing a new work that can be used as an introduction to the Kiseki series, but it cannot be revealed as of yet, and we hope to disclose it during the 20th anniversary of the Kiseki series, so we ask that players to please wait for a little while longer."

I can't help but feel like a Sky remake will be inferior in some ways.

The switch to 3D is going to really take away from the personality that comes from the 2D portrait art. That's like half of Estelle's whole appeal. That's going to get lost in the transition imo.

And then the odds of them padding the game out with extra content is really high.

Overall, a good idea to give newcomers an easy start point. But they could also just port the original game to modern consoles and I feel like that would work just the same.

Also, the sprite battle cutscenes are still unmatched. Plus, the Kloe school theater thing. When I saw Arc en Ciel in CSIV I LOLed. Sprites gave them so much more freedom and our brains just did the rest.

I can't help but feel like a Sky remake will be inferior in some ways.

The switch to 3D is going to really take away from the personality that comes from the 2D portrait art. That's like half of Estelle's whole appeal. That's going to get lost in the transition imo.

Overall, a good idea to give newcomers an easy start point. But they could also just port the original game to modern consoles and I feel like that would work just the same.
I somewhat agree, although this type of thing is bound to happen with any decade old game that receives a 'rebuilt from the ground up' style of remake that makes the game accessible to a new audience of players. Persona 3 Reload is a good example of this recently.

I'm personally in the camp of a remaster of the sky trilogy containing Zero/Azure QoL improvements, although I'm not opposed to seeing a Sky Remake in the new game engine they're using for Daybreak.

And then the odds of them padding the game out with extra content is really high.
Tbh the original Sky games were already padded out to an extent, especially SC. Although the majority of this content is mostly side content that most people I know don't actually see if they just do the main story stuff.

Tbh the original Sky games were already padded out to an extent, especially SC. Although the majority of this content is mostly side content that most people I know don't actually see if they just do the main story stuff.
Oh yeah SC was padded for sure. I think my playtime for SC is still longer than any other game in the franchise.

FC is such a perfect length though. I recall it being about 30 hours.

Oh yeah SC was padded for sure. I think my playtime for SC is still longer than any other game in the franchise.

FC is such a perfect length though. I recall it being about 30 hours.
Yeah I think the longest parts of FC were just the prologue (which makes sense since they're establishing the most important world building details here), and the final chapter. In my first playthrough I finished it in about 45 hours, and I'm one of those folks that likes to talk to every NPC I can find and do all the sidequests lol.

A Sky trilogy remake would be really nice. It’ll be great for basically the entire series to be available on even more major platforms (besides CS1/2 on Switch outside of Japan; really hope that gets settled)

Although I’m worried at how long it’ll take for NISA to translate each game. They probably can’t reuse XSEED’s script either, and if Falcom intends on adding even more dialogue, it’ll be a while before we get even FC.

A Sky trilogy remake would be really nice. It’ll be great for basically the entire series to be available on even more major platforms (besides CS1/2 on Switch outside of Japan; really hope that gets settled)

Although I’m worried at how long it’ll take for NISA to translate each game. They probably can’t reuse XSEED’s script either, and if Falcom intends on adding even more dialogue, it’ll be a while before we get even FC.
if Falcom doesn't add more dialogue to a Sky remake, I don't think it'd have to be relocalized.

i'm pretty sure Falcom should own the rights to the text, and even if they didn't, there are ways to buy and license those things in a re-release (like how dotemu used XSEED's ys origin loc script).

This all can vary by contract for sure, since we have no details on the contract that Falcom and XSEED made, but the license holder doesn't necessarily get to own the rights forever just bc they worked on it.

I might already know the answer, but how much of a bad idea would it be to skip Reverie altogether and jump straight into Daybreak?

I'm so fed up with Cold Steel combat that i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be having fun at this point...

I might already know the answer, but how much of a bad idea would it be to skip Reverie altogether and jump straight into Daybreak?

I'm so fed up with Cold Steel combat that i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be having fun at this point...
Reverie has a lot of important set up at the end.

You could probably look up an overall plot synopsis, and then watch all the end stuff on YouTube.

There's quite a bit of it. They basically give you "episodes" that are a bit like doors in Sky 3rd, and they take place in Calvard.

I think Daybreak 1 is pretty much fine to play without Reverie. However, the sequel (Kuro 2) hinges on major plot threads and characters from Reverie, so you're eventually gonna wanna get it in.

On that note, I've begun a second playthrough of Kuro 2 as an appetizer for Kai. This time on PS5 (I only had a PS4 slim when I played it). World of difference. I will just be focusing on the main story on Very Easy difficulty and will skip the filler chapter.

Shizunaaaa.... 🤤

4oXBbsq.jpeg

Reverie has a lot of important set up at the end.

You could probably look up an overall plot synopsis, and then watch all the end stuff on YouTube.

There's quite a bit of it. They basically give you "episodes" that are a bit like doors in Sky 3rd, and they take place in Calvard.
I think Daybreak 1 is pretty much fine to play without Reverie. However, the sequel (Kuro 2) hinges on major plot threads and characters from Reverie, so you're eventually gonna wanna get it in.

Thank you for answering.

I think i'll set the difficulty to the easiest level available and see how it goes...

Man I finished Reveries main story but didn't play until you get the extra scenes. Plus haven't seen some daydreams. But I shall try the demo next on Switch, already have the preorder for physical copy for Daybreak so next month will be trails month either way, good times.

Back
Top Bottom