• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Kirby has gone full action game with a dodge move.
Oh, Kirby's had a dodge move since at least Triple Deluxe. He's had blocking in Super Star too, and that got inherited into modern Kirby with Return to Dream Land. Some entries focused more on the puzzles, but Kirby's been a full action game for a long time.

Kirby's big 3D debut is super confident so far. What consistently astounds me is how natural of a translation this is from the 2D entries. I see the gameplay, and yeah, it's Kirby, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Footage of Clawroline fight, it looks pretty fun! It has multiple stages from the looks of it and has a circus theme

It's still a huge gap IMO. We're talking mainline 3D Mario production level here.

You're underplaying HAL big time here, they're an extremely talented studio design-wise and though it wasn't the best game they've put out Star Allies had great production values. They've also spent far longer working on this game then past titles as well

You're underplaying HAL big time here, they're an extremely talented studio design-wise and though it wasn't the best game they've put out Star Allies had great production values. They've also spent far longer working on this game then past titles as well

Well it's the first HAL game that impresses be greatly. Depending on the content, difficulty and length, I could see this game reaching a 88+ on Metacritic.
Has a HAL game ever reached that kind of score?

Well it's the first HAL game that impresses be greatly. Depending on the content, difficulty and length, I could see this game reaching a 88+ on Metacritic.
Has a HAL game ever reached that kind of score?

Which is my nomination for biggest jump in quality for a sequel ever.

I’ve always looked forward to Kirby games coming out, but this is a whole other level. I’m actively hyped as heck for this one. I think my hunger for a proper 3D Kirby game was quite strong. Not too much longer to wait!

When Yoshi came out on Wii U, I thought a 3d game with a similar graphic style would be great ... I think with this Kirby that dream is coming true! Awesome!

I’ve always looked forward to Kirby games coming out, but this is a whole other level. I’m actively hyped as heck for this one. I think my hunger for a proper 3D Kirby game was quite strong. Not too much longer to wait!
I've been a little touch and go on Kirby games in the last decade or so despite being a lifelong fan but this is not only the most hyped I've been for a Kirby game it's probably the most hyped I've been for a game in years. I'm gonna start counting down the days once we get to March, if not before then.

This game is gonna be the best Kirby game ever (2D wise itll still be robobot ofcourse). Think now on ill go on blackout. It looks so so good. I truly can't wait. Perfect game for after Elden Ring haha.

This game looks good, I just want there to be some challenge in it, if it’s too easy like some of the other Kirby games I’ll lose interest fast

I swore to myself I wouldn’t get another Kirby game because I find them too easy/not interesting enough but this one looks so good it hurts. I’ll probably pick it up depending on how the collectibles are and when I have time for it.

I saw someone in twitter said they have 2 codes. So did the media get codes to play the game now?
Seems a bit early, honestly, especially for a Kirby game. A month feels like way more time than necessary

Not that that's a bad thing at all, video game review crunch is horrible, but it would be atypical

This game looks good, I just want there to be some challenge in it, if it’s too easy like some of the other Kirby games I’ll lose interest fast

Pretty much every Kirby title has like a Boss Rush mode or some type of extra mode that is decently challenging so I would expect something like that for this game. I also expect the main portion of the game to be hella easy as most Kirby games are.

I felt Robobot had a decent difficulty curve, not punishing by any means but I definitely recall feeling the squeeze a bit in the last couple of worlds. If it's like that then I'll be engaged the whole time.

I swore to myself I wouldn’t get another Kirby game because I find them too easy/not interesting enough but this one looks so good it hurts. I’ll probably pick it up depending on how the collectibles are and when I have time for it.
protect-swore.gif

...and I haven't."

Yeah, idk, I'm grasping at straws for yet another "witty joke" on social media.

Seems a bit early, honestly, especially for a Kirby game. A month feels like way more time than necessary

Not that that's a bad thing at all, video game review crunch is horrible, but it would be atypical
Nope. Looks like my interpretation was correct! They have played it!!

Good to see Nintendo of America finally acknowledging the dichotomy between the "tough guy Kirby" marketing/box art in the West vs. the "cute and cuddly" marketing/box art in Japan in this ad:

Good to see Nintendo of America finally acknowledging the dichotomy between the "tough guy Kirby" marketing/box art in the West vs. the "cute and cuddly" marketing/box art in Japan in this ad:

Yeah, I like how this could be taken as NoA poking some fun at themselves, haha.

they've been doing that for a long time now.
That still feels more like the "angry/serious kirby" tone that the NA box art has gone for rather than trying to present him as cute and adorable. It's definitely trying to thread the needle but it's skewed in one direction rather than being an even split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom