• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d kirby after odyssey seemed so not likely to me! Basically because the concept is really similar. For someone who was not into the kirby franchise this is my chance to start.

It actually looks great!

Only bad thing about this game is it reduces the chance of a 3D donkey kong

Only bad thing about this game is it reduces the chance of a 3D donkey kong
In the long run, I doubt either game's potential existence would impact the other's choice of direction, any more than all the various 2D platformers on Wii U/Switch affected each other.

So excited for this

Can't wait to see what crazy shit they'll do for the final and secret bosses now that they'll be in 3D
Came in to say this.

Kirby games tend to have some crazy shit in the final stretch and I can’t wait to see what cosmic escalation the first ever 3D Kirby gonna indulge in.

I hope Kirby gets the Samus treatment at the start of the game. He is usually way too OP and i would be interested to see him navigate through the world without his main abilities in the beginning of this game. Its not likely to happen, but i would like to see it.

6D9363E4-CF05-4DC6-8C36-9EA349B70690.jpeg.a657e88435928d73e0b1ed12d5d825a0.jpeg
I'll probably get it.

Considering I’ve never actually liked Kirby it’s kind of insane how much I’m hyped for this game.

I honestly Kirby could be my favorite videogame series, if not at least in my Top 5. I'm beyond excited to finally see him make the transition to full 3D.

I hope Kirby gets the Samus treatment at the start of the game. He is usually way too OP and i would be interested to see him navigate through the world without his main abilities in the beginning of this game. Its not likely to happen, but i would like to see it.
I don't see how going back to Kirby's Adventure would really be all that interesting. this isn't a metroidvania coming back after you got the transformations seems like a moot point

How much do you guys think this game'll sell? I think it could potentially do 5m+ personally. Maybe it'll finally beat the OG Dream Land and become the highest selling Kirby of all time.

Looking forward to the insane lore that they come up with this time and how it all links back to Shiver Star from Kirby 64! 😃

I don't see how going back to Kirby's Adventure would really be all that interesting. this isn't a metroidvania coming back after you got the transformations seems like a moot point
The game will be as interesting as the level design allows it to be. Kirby not having his OP abilities in the beginning doesnt mean he cant have any skills in the beginning or cant have interesting way to interact with the environment.

Star Allies is likely my biggest personal disappointment on Switch - it was OK but only just that - so I really, really hope this delivers on its promise. I'll probably get it regardless, if only for the novelty. :p

I can understand why it took so long for Kirby to make the jump to 3D, (this game will have a four year dev-cycle, instead of a 1-3 year dev cycle) the gameplay has always been tailored made for 2D environments. I am curious to see how modes from previous games in the series will work in 3D, like the Arena/True Arena.

I can't help but be massively excited for this puppy, as HAL has tinkered with a 3D Kirby in the past but never felt confident enough to carry it through development. I look forward to seeing just why they felt they had nailed the concept this time around.

I enjoyed Star Allies plenty, as I played it with my kids, but it certainly felt less novel than both Triple Deluxe and (especially) Planet Robot. HAL appeared to really be reaching a new high with the 2D series, so it's super encouraging to see them put that progression aside and move to 3D.

My only hope it that we don't lose co-op, but of it's gone I'll survive.

Honestly might be my second most anticipated 2022 release I've needed a new 3d Nintendo platformer

Is all that "dark kirby lore" stuff just a meme or is it actually canonically as fucking crazy as it sounds? Are people just re-telling it in a funny way because it's Kirby and it's ironic, or is there an actual iceberg
Kirby lore is legitimately pretty dark and lore intensive

Is all that "dark kirby lore" stuff just a meme or is it actually canonically as fucking crazy as it sounds? Are people just re-telling it in a funny way because it's Kirby and it's ironic, or is there an actual iceberg
No, it’s pretty much true. Kirby’s got some deep lore.

pause the game in the arena modes and it gets fuckin' grim

'Tis real.

One of the Kirby games has a true final boss that's literally a giant eyeball that bleeds at you.

Also a lot of this stuff is hidden in stuff like pause menu text, but it's very much there.

It’s about time to talk about that ESRB rating in here.

Players use swords, bombs, and blaster-type pistols to defeat enemies; some weapons allow players to use targeting/crosshairs for ranged firing.

After many requests, American Kirby is finally here as the newest copy ability!

It’s about time to talk about that ESRB rating in here.

After many requests, American Kirby is finally here as the newest copy ability!
good, the game definitely is out in April at the latest,just in time for the 30th anniversary

I haven’t been this excited for a Nintendo game since Odyssey, or maybe Smash Ultimate. Good to know it’s done and there’s no chance of a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom