• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster/Remake is in the works alongside a Multiplayer game set in the Horizon Universe

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him

That’s weird. Zero Dawn is pretty newish still.

It’s like Nintendo remaking BOTW 1 again for switch 2

But I guess they did do Last of Us part 1 again

Come on Nintendo, where's our Mario Odyssey remake? That crusty old game needs a new coat of paint /s

I kind of regret owning a PS5 right now. What the hell

I like how there are people talking about how BOTW2 won't set itself apart from the original and won't bring enough new stuff to the table...

...and then Sony turns around and realizes that they can get away with barely making new stuff at all. The industry is looking dire right now tbh

And i just fucking finished the ps4 game early this year
It’s in the backlog for me, I’m planning on playing it before Call of the Mountain next year. And I fully expect it to look gorgeous on PS5. I’m playing God of War 2018 currently, and it looks incredible. This is the definition of unnecessary.

As dumb as it sounds.

It’s “probably” not a bad idea for raising the brand, plus that show and multiplayer thing rumored. The original (i’m laughing have to type original for context) did sell
Like 20 million. Probably will be an easy profitable project.

I don’t like the sound or idea of it. It’s feels unnecessary and face it. Is unnecessary. But money is money.

this is so stupid, remaking 5 year old games that run perfectly fine on ps4/ps5

sony making some really weird moves lately

Currently playing this. No need for a remaster except for the absolutely terrible animations on the cutscenes and the transitions to them. Not need to do that this generation. They also just launched Forbidden West so seems like a dumb idea.

The one positive here is the increase in accessibility features. If it means more people can enjoy the game, then that's a win in some respects. Would be cool to just see that back-ported to the original, but I get why (financially and technically) that's not an easy ask.

Otherwise, I do not see the need for a remaster for a five year old game that you can already buy and play on the current platform, let alone one that was already enhanced to run better on said platform. Feels needless, and this is coming from someone who purchased a bunch of Wii U ports!

Kinda wondering if this is another "AAA development is just way too expensive, so let's try some simpler tricks to make money to fund our other projects" kinda thing. Sony's learning they can't push out games at the quality their fans have come to expect/demand at the rate they have been.

AAA development just really seems unsustainable at the rate its going, but I can't really see a way out of it for the companies who have already committed to this path.

It’s in the backlog for me, I’m planning on playing it before Call of the Mountain next year. And I fully expect it to look gorgeous on PS5. I’m playing God of War 2018 currently, and it looks incredible. This is the definition of unnecessary.
the game has amazing surround sound too

I mean , it definitely feels superfluous since the original game is in a really good state but there's a new gamer every day and so on. I am aware that one thing they did with the last of us part 1 was add in all of their up to date accessibility options which I would assume will happen here and that can only be a good thing. I don't have the know how to say whether they could just patch that kind of thing into the original or not, but it's something.

Why make the weird, quirky games to fill in your library like in ye olden days when you can just remake games that aren't even old enough for people to feel nostalgia for?

It's a remaster btw (according to Dusk Golem at least, and VGC i think). There's quite a bit to be said about this but, quite frankly, I can't be fucking bothered right now

Ah. I get it.

The remake and the multiplayer will be together. Justifying the 70 bucks.

Probably not. But I can see it being thought of that way.

The one positive here is the increase in accessibility features. If it means more people can enjoy the game, then that's a win in some respects. Would be cool to just see that back-ported to the original, but I get why (financially and technically) that's not an easy ask.
I expect this is the case, but I think it's a far worse excuse than it was for TLOU1. At the very least, that game was more or less "rebuilt from the ground up" (even though that phrase is beginning to lose meaning). But Horizon? They should just be patching these accessibility features in, rather than re-releasing the game again for (presumably) $70

This is unnecessary for sure but I think some people saying the entire industry is doomed are taking it a bit too far.

The Western AAA market is going to collapse by the start of next gen, calling it now
As someone with no expertise whatsoever on this field I might be 100% wrong, but this is how I feel as well. An industry in which projects involve thousands of people, with development costs reaching hundreds of millions of dollars, with everyone competing to be THAT game that reaches a wide enough audience to be profitable enough... it just sounds like a very unhealthy situation for the industry.

Sony will never be able to make new games anymore, they'll just get trapped in remaking the old ones. Now i'm expecting to see a Forbidden West remake some years from now, then a Zero Dawn reremake, then a Forbidden West reremake

metroid-family-guy.gif

I’m not convinced this is actually happening
Seems to be the case when Dusk and other people are piling up saying that it's an actual thing.

I'll re-iterate that this topic as a whole, outside of immediate reception, could be tackled from many angles (leaks hurting pr, re-release strategy by SIE, pricing and value proposition, pc, buyer interest, etc.. etc..). But at the end of the day, it's just yet another re-release, why bother?

Edit: with this I don't want to discourage people from discussing the rumor. It's just that, thinking about, the news of yet another remaster from PS Studios, with all of the baggage that this carries, makes me want to move on as quickly as possible lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom