• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox HI-FI RUSH announced - Tango Softworks / Xbox Game Studios | Cel-Shaded Rhythm Action Game - OUT TONIGHT!

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
Hibiki-News-Hero-Image-4916fb477b67e704ab35.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous Cel-Shaded Rhythm Action Game just announced in the Developer Direct. So glad to see Xbox supporting titles like this!

Last edited:
and he is joined by a robo kitty, be still my heart

(and yes, you can pet it)

Last edited:
Oh wow, out now?

I wish I still had access to an Xbox and game pass. This looks great!

I wonder what size this game is - eg. AA, linear, so on

I've got to hop to take care of some things but I'll circle back to update OP when I can!

Even Nintendo gives their games at least a little bit pre-release time to breath.

can't watch the trailer but from the reactions, this sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool!

edit: screw it i watched the trailer. that looks freaking sweet. and it's out tonight?!

I wonder what size this game is - eg. AA, linear, so on

I've got to hop to take care of some things but I'll circle back to update OP when I can!
Seems pretty short to me, the goal of the story seems to be defeating the bosses of this company and as far as I can tell there's like, 5 of them? So can't imagine anything much longer than a couple hours. Going in on a 5 hour estimate for a single playthrough but that might be generous

Granted that's not atypical for the genre so we'll see how the replayability is

Game looks absolutely awesome though

Seems pretty short to me, the goal of the story seems to be defeating the bosses of this company and as far as I can tell there's like, 5 of them? So can't imagine anything much longer than a couple hours. Going in on a 5 hour estimate for a single playthrough but that might be generous

Granted that's not atypical for the genre so we'll see how the replayability is

Game looks absolutely awesome though
Ah yeah, it's MSRP 29.99 USD

100%

Even as mostly physical software player, I am all for Gamepass if it enables more small, experimental projects like these. Specifically from big name studios.
Yeah regardless of the quality of this game, I just want more artstyles from higher budget productions. That's what I like mainly about Nintendo games, visually they look more interesting most of the time.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm actually stoked to pick this up. I really should wait though until I finish Bayonetta 3 though, but I'm definitely down for a rhythm action style game after the fact.

God, I love Tango Gameworks. They're so good. This looks fantastic. Shame I don't have a Series X or gaming PC. Will be one of my first purchases when I do get either though.

Saw some people say it looked like a Western indie game but I'm not really seeing it, looks more classic Japanese Dreamcast/PS2 to me.

That being said I'm sad it's not TEW3 even if it does look cool.

Some of the initial impressions I've seen are raving, I'm kinda getting tempted to impulse buy this even though I'm quite enjoying Engage right now

Some of the initial impressions I've seen are raving, I'm kinda getting tempted to impulse buy this even though I'm quite enjoying Engage right now
Get a free Gamepass trial. The game doesn't seem to be very long, so you could finish it before the week is over.

Get a free Gamepass trial. The game doesn't seem to be very long, so you could finish it before the week is over.
I don't think I'm eligible for a free one and I'd have to do Ultimate since I don't have anything that could play it outside of XCloud (only capable PC is a Steam Deck)

Which mind you still kinda tempted but at that point might as well just buy it since a month of Ultimate is half the price anyways

The game looks very interesting. It's a shame that it's not going to be released on Switch for now, but hey, gamepass users can enjoy it in the meantime.

This was a really pleasant surprise, and I agree with the takes that it almost looks like a lost Dreamcast game. Excited to check it out!

It’s downloading now. Donno when it officially unlocks, but if it’s available in a couple hours when I’m free, I’ll probably give it a go. I’ve been making good progress in Sonic Frontiers, but Hi-Fi Rush just looks too damn cool not to try.

It won't ever get released on Switch. It's next gen exclusive.
There is a lot of game that only comes out in next gen even though it can work in last gen.

Anyway, I was just saying that it looks interesting and I find it sad that we won't be able to enjoy it on switch.

cute guys that wear scarves is truly the PINNACLE of good character design.

also put me on team "this seems like it should have an Xbox One version."
it doesn't seem to be using any particularly intensive modern graphical effects, outside of using Directx12.

cute guys that wear scarves is truly the PINNACLE of good character design.

also put me on team "this seems like it should have an Xbox One version."
it doesn't seem to be using any particularly intensive modern graphical effects, outside of using Directx12.
oh hey new avatar

Back
Top Bottom