• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Grand Theft Auto VI trailer 1 is officially live early because leaks; see threadmarks

Hype is through the roof, it's going to sell insane numbers, launch day will be on the six o clock news.
And the game is going to end up third in the GOTY list of that year, like every Rockstar game.
It actually won the Geoff GOTY that year (though it was still the Spike TV version, not his own) and it was up against Last of Us.

Hype is through the roof, it's going to sell insane numbers, launch day will be on the six o clock news.
And the game is going to end up third in the GOTY list of that year, like every Rockstar game.
wait, I'm confused. Wouldn't RDR2 be either the 2nd or 1st game with the most GOTY wins of that year? I don't think Rockstar games usually end up only having the 3rd most awards of the year.

"Smaller third party titles" would remain on Switch 1 due to its install base. And if the Matrix thing at Gamescom is true, Nintendo is promoting the system as a graphical powerhouse and they'd want the biggest ones on their system.

Nintendo is literally publishing 2K/Rockstar's games on Switch physically, that's the first door they'd knock. 2K is currently the closest third party to Nintendo.

It took 13 years to get RDR. GTA VI is not coming at launch. Probably never if it has a huge online component.

Anyway: the trailer looks amazing. I'm really excited.

It took 13 years to get RDR. GTA VI is not coming at launch. Probably never if it has a huge online component.
It'll be getting Call of Duty so no worries about "huge online component" here. You folks need to have a little faith, GTA6 should be the easiest one for the successor to get, we need to worry about other series, such as Tekken, Street Fighter, Far Cry, Jedi Survivor or.. sigh. Yakuza.

Stupid question for those who have played more GTA than I have (I've played GTA3, GTA4 but haven't play any other from the GTA series).

Why is there so much "double dipping" going on with GTA games? Seems like "double dipping" is oft-cited reason for PC version not existing day 1.

I mean, between a console version and a PC version, I would prefer console version, always. Play it on my big TV without fiddling with settings. I cannot see myself springing for PC version after getting my console version.

Or does PC version come with additional stuff not available in console versions?
Double dipping is one of those things that people say happens, but I don't think I've ever seen it be proven to happen in droves.

Especially now that consoles are very powerful and pcs are getting more expensive for even the same power. Outside of role play servers and mods (which vary depending on the game), pcs don't offer anything console don't do. Hell, GTA5 has higher end graphics than pc still

Double dipping is one of those things that people say happens, but I don't think I've ever seen it be proven to happen in droves.

Especially now that consoles are very powerful and pcs are getting more expensive for even the same power. Outside of role play servers and mods (which vary depending on the game), pcs don't offer anything console don't do. Hell, GTA5 has higher end graphics than pc still

I guarantee you that many who bought GTAV on PS3/360 also rebought it at some point, whether it's PC or next-gen console versions.

It does not happen in droves for less popular titles, but for games like this, yeah it does.

I guarantee you that many who bought GTAV on PS3/360 also rebought it at some point, whether it's PC or next-gen console versions.

It does not happen in droves for less popular titles, but for games like this, yeah it does.
For games very long in the tooth, yea. Especially when they're updated.

But for PC right after the console releases? I don't see that happening as often as new consoles grow in performance. Maybe many years down the line and at discounts.

GTA 6 is going to be PS5 and Xbox Series X then likely Rockstar Launcher + EGS (maybe later) then a year or half a year later Steam. Many people are going to buy it three times or more. GTA 5 keeps selling and people keep buying it again.

The whole vibe of GTA and that trailer in particular just doesn't appeal to me at all. Glad it seems to be going down well with most though.

Looks great.
I am curious how many features from GTA Online will be there from the start. Took them quite a while to incorporate many modes and features.
They had to start from the beginning for this one.

Watched it. Eh.

Modern Vice City means no 80s laced OST outside of a local Flashback FM station.

Also some of those scenes were giving me Left 4 Dead 2 flashbacks for some reason.

Impressive trailer but it just left me kinda feeling numb. I think I’m definitely done with this franchise at this point. Hope people who are excited for it have a good time!

The only thing I didn't dig was the look of the male protagonist. Leaked version was much better imo, now it's a generic good looking guy.

I never was a fan of GTA until the trio in GTAV.
Easily my most anticipated game. Hope I can buy the day1 edition here in Brazil. It looks brilliant. I already like the protagonists. I hope the story is funny and sad. It would be cool if they can take the game to a dark ending.

wait, I'm confused. Wouldn't RDR2 be either the 2nd or 1st game with the most GOTY wins of that year? I don't think Rockstar games usually end up only having the 3rd most awards of the year.
You're right I misremembered. Both RDR2 and GTAV were second in their respective years.

Damn, was really hoping for a 2024 release, even if around October/November.

The wait for both GTA5 and RDR2 was BRUTAL, was hoping we wouldn't get through this again.

Looks really good. I'm all in for the Bonney and Clyde dynamic. We've only heard a few dialogues but I'm feeling they'll follow what they did with RDR2 when it comes to writting and voice acting direction. Seems less crazy, more intimate, like what RDR2 did. I'm all in for that, RDR2 blew me away with its writting and voice acting, and Arthur Morgan became one of my favorite protagonist ever. All of that while the world around them stays this crazy, over the top, satirical world of GTA, the tone of the game could be incredible, I'm really excited.

The trailer looks great. But also realizing this series really isn't for me anymore I think.

Looks great.
I am curious how many features from GTA Online will be there from the start. Took them quite a while to incorporate many modes and features.
They had to start from the beginning for this one.
I personally wouldn't be surprised if Online isn't there on launch day again.

72 million views on a single upload in 17 hours. It's the most views out of any non-music video upload in 24 hours and it still has 7 hours to beat the record. Holy shit.

Also, shoutout to the user on the other forum that said it would only get 3 million views in 24 hours. Lmao.

The trailer looks great. But also realizing this series really isn't for me anymore I think.
Yeah, same, in my case it's because it's satire that was amusing in 2003, but not anymore, especially with the jokes about the actual Florida being a so over the top place.

Sometimes I wish characters in V were more subdued, I feel the whole thing would be much better.

GTA 6 is going to be an absolutely massive event and it's week 1 sales are going to be astronomical. I said in a different thread the only thing holding it back will be the number of current gen consoles that have been sold, and by 2025 that will be a lot. I genuinely think we could be looking at 30 million plus launch weekend here. I can already see other developers looking to clear their schedules to avoid launching any games around the same time. There's just no point even competing.

As for the trailer, it's a very well made one and captures the anarchic, anti-authority, indulgent fantasy of GTA. I'm very intrigued by how they'll handle the 'Bonnie and Clyde' protagonists. It also looks gorgeous. I'm impressed, and I'm not the biggest GTA fan.

Switch 2 hasent been announced yet so they wouldnt announce it on that, my guess is its possible we get a switch 2 version when the pc version is annouced like a year later if it ever does come to switch 2, but since even gta v wasent on switch I dont 100% know if rockstar wants to put it on there, there is still some hope cause of the recent red dead 1 remaster tho

The next 18~24 months is going to be a long wait.
pain
f1-red-bull.gif

I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Mostly because of Take Two financials but it also seems like someone in the know leaked the trailer info before it came out. They also had a track record of leaking other stuff like CoD MW3. They said the targeted release date is Q1 of 2025. But it seems Rockstar went with 2025 so they wouldn't have to announce a delay. When they give a real release window they're going to stick to it.

Considering how mega successful GTAV has been, and how this trailer has insane hype... how is it there are fewer GTA clones vying for a piece of that action these days than in the five years after GTAIII blew up? With Volition gone it seems like Mafia is the only other series from that era to possibly be not-dead.

I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Mostly because of Take Two financials but it also seems like someone in the know leaked the trailer info before it came out. They also had a track record of leaking other stuff like CoD MW3. They said the targeted release date is Q1 of 2025. But it seems Rockstar went with 2025 so they wouldn't have to announce a delay. When they give a real release window they're going to stick to it.
ye fair. at least thats better than waiting to 2026

Considering how mega successful GTAV has been, and how this trailer has insane hype... how is it there are fewer GTA clones vying for a piece of that action these days than in the five years after GTAIII blew up? With Volition gone it seems like Mafia is the only other series from that era to possibly be not-dead.
Because devs don't want to make such games. Open world action games are the hardest games to create and today's studios mostly do their own thing. They don't act profit oriented, that's publishers job. Many devs today have more creative freedom than ever before.

Same goes for Pokémon and Call of Duty. Two franchises that pass 20m with each entry easily yet there are too few clone games aiming a slice of their success.

Back
Top Bottom