• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Grand Theft Auto VI trailer 1 is officially live early because leaks; see threadmarks

looking at the gta 6 trailer, the view count surpassed 100 million views in less than 48 hours 🤩. compare that to the gta 5 trailer that took from 2013 all the way to 2023 to reach 100 million views

Not a GTA fan but I've always liked the games' trailers, and also the Tom Petty track is a banger.

IT'S A LONG, LONG ROAD

I never cared to much or the games but always was interested in reactions and the cultural impact, what they decide to portray, etc.

Im honestly a it shuck how... "small" the trailer is. The RDR2 trailer felt more inpactful
it feels GTA in the sense that the models, animations, etc have a certain stiffness and stylization i know from GTA,
but expected them to leave behind with a 2 generations jump...

second: all cutscenes/ prerendered stuff, where was the gameplay? i thought were past that?

Third: i kinda expected more talk about it. the trailer has >100M views. but i don't feel like the discourse is there for so many views. Im confused, wrong bubble?

I never cared to much or the games but always was interested in reactions and the cultural impact, what they decide to portray, etc.

Im honestly a it shuck how... "small" the trailer is. The RDR2 trailer felt more inpactful
it feels GTA in the sense that the models, animations, etc have a certain stiffness and stylization i know from GTA,
but expected them to leave behind with a 2 generations jump...

second: all cutscenes/ prerendered stuff, where was the gameplay? i thought were past that?

Third: i kinda expected more talk about it. the trailer has >100M views. but i don't feel like the discourse is there for so many views. Im confused, wrong bubble?
definitely wrong bubble.

If you look at RDR2's reveal and compare it to the actual game, it ended up looking the same if not better. Rockstar doesn't really play around with that setting too high of expectations shit, like the classic Watchdogs situation.

If you look at RDR2's reveal and compare it to the actual game, it ended up looking the same if not better. Rockstar doesn't really play around with that setting too high of expectations shit, like the classic Watchdogs situation.
tell that to the people who think the game looks drab or that it just has higher saturation than GTA 4 lmao

while rockstar usually do gameplay/in-engine stuff, I don't think we'll ever be past prerendered scenes because of the development pipeline. pre-rendered scenes allow for parallel work while real-time scenes require more complete tools and assets. if either aren't done, you can't really start on your cutscenes

Ok, seems so. I just remember more reactions from more Nintendo oriented places with some third party games (rockstar, from soft, square) and felt GTA would also make an impact there.
Rockstar always does the gameplay later
Yeah sure, but I still find it weak, there just aren't CGI trailers anymore that get me interested because it's CGI and I simply find it by principle a weaker showing. I was hoping to see what to expect from the game, and I'm honestly not closer to an answer.
There is huge discourse in YouTube, Twitter and mainstream. So yeah wrong bubble.

definitely wrong bubble.
Yeah seems so. Even the political channels I looked at where only mentioning "some mean it's "woke", but they say that for everything, so not worth the discourse".

And the only reaction I had in my feed was gvg with just Steve soloing.

while rockstar usually do gameplay/in-engine stuff, I don't think we'll ever be past prerendered scenes because of the development pipeline. pre-rendered scenes allow for parallel work while real-time scenes require more complete tools and assets. if either aren't done, you can't really start on your cutscenes
That's... Just an excuse. A ton of other games do gameplay footage, even long before release. Heck, just look at Zelda. (Or Nintendo in general), and I'm confident to say that Sony and square have shown new AAA games with gameplay trailer 1-3 years before launch.

----
Btw, I AM interested in what such a behemoth (GTA) brings to the table. I'm not here to downplay it's relevancy.

Back
Top Bottom