• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Grand Theft Auto VI trailer 1 is officially live early because leaks; see threadmarks

...maybe it would be better for this discussion to go to the hardware thread so it doesn't derail things?

"Smaller third party titles" would remain on Switch 1 due to its install base. And if the Matrix thing at Gamescom is true, Nintendo is promoting the system as a graphical powerhouse and they'd want the biggest ones on their system.

Nintendo is literally publishing 2K/Rockstar's games on Switch physically, that's the first door they'd knock. 2K is currently the closest third party to Nintendo.
Really? I would say Square Enix is the closest third party to Nintendo.

I mean, big majority of PS5/XboxX titles look this good. Don't expect any less for next years Control 2, AC Red or Star Wars Galaxies. Either this machine will start its life with recent/day&date games like Switch did (Doom, Wolfenstein), or become a retirement home to late ports like Wii U did.
yeah from my understanding the bottlenecks of the leaked chip imply PS4 retirement home

if somehow this had been overtly cross-gen it would've been a shoe-in

If Switch 2 is PS4-level like the rumors say, I don’t think it’s gonna be able to handle this. A down port maybe?
The density of how many NPCs there are and the rumor that 70% of buildings can be entered feels to me nah, unless Switch 2 is vastly stronger than what we are expecting.
thankyou.gif

I just want missions and stories that can be solved multiple ways with multiple approaches, rather than the frequent "on rails" feeling I have grown extremely tired of- watching my friend play RDR2 did not instill me with much hope in that regard, and I've grown spoiled by the immersive sim genre.

How is it any different than customizing it for lower end PCs?

For Switch 2? The big thing in my eyes is it will not be scalable like PC architecture is to current x86 consoles. ARM based architecture even with all the tools I assume Nintendo and Nvidia provide to devs will not make porting this game an easy task.

The next thing will be RAM limitations and how memory management will need to be done much more intricately than it is on standard ports. I believe we are expecting 12GB of RAM on Switch 2? And the RAM itself is slower as well than what is on XSX & PS5.

As the scope of games get bigger and bigger publishers and devs become more unwilling to make ports because it becomes that much harder to down port a game. Again I am confident Nintendo could do it because they are wizards and TotK is proof you can push insane amount of scope out of a low watt handheld device, but it took probably the best game developer on the planet 6 years to get it done perfectly.

Really? I would say Square Enix is the closest third party to Nintendo.
Well, Nintendo didn't publish Octopath 2 this time and it was launched as a multiplat title. But yes, I think Square should share the closest spot to Nintendo with 2K.
PS4 retirement home
Well, considering how rare publishers re-releasing PS4 games (next gen patch solves everything), that's not gonna happen either. Switch didn't get any special cases for PS3 games, the successor won't for PS4 games either. Either the successor levels up in the day&date releases game, or we should get ready for endless "Successor has no games" memes today.

Press release says it is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series S/X in 2025.

Doesn't mean anything for Switch 2 but pour one out for the PC gamers who hoped for Rockstar to break from tradition haha.

Sorry but there is no defending this PC shit they keep doing

It's just Rockstar deciding to be "quirky"

Diving right into the uncanny valley with those characters

It's really weird to me how I feel some games can pull off "realistic" human characters really well, but other ones just look.... wrong.

IT LOOKS INSANE. Love the little details like the Chihuahua running with the couple on the beach 😊

SiLN3.png

It's a long shot, but I hope there are some professional wrestling-related missions in this game. All Elite Wrestling is based in Florida and WWE ran NXT shows in Full Sail University each week for the longest time. It's the perfect thing to use to introduce GTA zaniness too.

Well, Nintendo didn't publish Octopath 2 this time and it was launched as a multiplat title. But yes, I think Square should share the closest spot to Nintendo with 2K.
True, but it was revealed first in a Direct and all marketing was shared on Nintendo's channels before the others. SE has also been a consistent presence in Directs with other reveals like Star Ocean The Second Story R and SaGa Emerald Beyond; not to mention that they're also releasing console exclusive titles like the recent Dragon Quest Monsters game. When it comes to third party support I would say they've surpassed 2K and it isn't close.
Diving right into the uncanny valley with those characters

It's really weird to me how I feel some games can pull off "realistic" human characters really well, but other ones just look.... wrong.
Personally speaking I don't think any game has pulled off realistic humans well at all. They all have that uncanny valley feel that leaves me cold and uncomfortable.

Rockstar fuckin up with no PC. what the fuck
there’s no reason why a game like GTA VI shouldn’t be on PC at launch. I’m not even a PC guy and I find that ridiculous.

Well, that's a good first impression! I'm in.
I’m also in. I haven’t played a GTA since IV, but this trailer sold me 100%. I just wish it weren’t so far away!

Solid trailer! There was a level of ratchet depicted in there that I think we all expect from a GTA game. Twerking on top of a moving vehicle, Karen dual wielding hammers (iconic), and gators! Graphics look great, and I'm glad we're seeing something novel in finally getting a lady protag, plus the couple dynamic between her and the bloke.

The big, multi-million dollar question: will we finally be able to sprint without mashing a button, or should I just start coping ahead of time over the likely return of this fabulous Rockstar trademark?

Just watched it. The fact that you play as a couple instantly makes the story concept better than GTA V. I know there's a level of universal acclaim & popularity that nearly transcends into objectivity in the world of entertainment, but I've always found the concept of GTA V's story weirdly shakey. You're a Tony Soprano-wannabe, but also a crazy guy, but also a gangster, and there's so little story cohesion I wasn't drawn in at all. This has a much better concept.

I hope I can finally like a GTA game with no caveats with this one. Rockstar is a weirdly interesting company in that they spend their billions not just to make overly ambitious projects but also to do occasionally interesting things with them. As much as Red Dead Redemption II got rightfully criticized for being too restrictive with its gameplay missions, I feel it didn't get enough slack for what was a pretty interesting direction to take the series in, not just incorporating realism into its graphics but also making the game inspired by immersive sims in its gameplay of all things? A super daring direction to take your multi-million dollar franchise in. That's my favorite Rockstar game out of Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and V for sure so hopefully I like VI. This is still just a GTA trailer that's sorts of resting on its laurels so it's hard to tell or get too excited.

but wouldn't that mean that approximately seven billion people also don't care about gta
technically there are probably billions that don't know what GTA is. So would they count as not caring if they don't know what to not care about???? :p

Looks like a new GTA. Nothing here really moves the needle for me. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

Don’t think I’ll ever understand the overwhelming popularity of Rockstar’s stuff, even though I enjoy their games quite a bit myself.

Stupid question for those who have played more GTA than I have (I've played GTA3, GTA4 but haven't play any other from the GTA series).

Why is there so much "double dipping" going on with GTA games? Seems like "double dipping" is oft-cited reason for PC version not existing day 1.

I mean, between a console version and a PC version, I would prefer console version, always. Play it on my big TV without fiddling with settings. I cannot see myself springing for PC version after getting my console version.

Or does PC version come with additional stuff not available in console versions?

It looks like a logical evolution to GTAV and probably the best looking open world game to date from a graphical standpoint but I'm not having the same holy shit reaction to it as I did the first time I saw GTAV. I don't know why but it's not overly hype inducing and just seems like GTA with a slightly new coat of paint.

I guess I want to see some gameplay.

What intrigues me most about these games is the potential NPC AI, density and traffic. I really hope they step up the gunplay and on foot traversal as well. GTA has always been great in the driving department. Also, it's probably an unrealistic demand but I want to be able to explore the interior of every building. I would settle for a smaller map if that was possible.

Last edited:
It looks so good. I like how much more vibrant and colorful it is compared to Rockstar’s usual offerings. That is surprising to me.

Last edited:
Definitely looks like a video game. Hopefully the story does something unique. the stories are so awful I just end up using it as a sandbox and not finishing them...

Back
Top Bottom