• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Game Awards 2022 announced for December 8th (UPDATE: nominees announced, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let me hear this live please, thank you.

Listened to that and a handfull of Xeno3 tracks... so much of it to me just sounds...bland?
Etherial, grand... but sonically uninteresting (generic orchestra stuff to me kinda), meolidcally no strong throughline,
rythmically no weird or dancy stuff.
All of the ones i listened to try to be this grand aetherial strings and choirs...

Since i did not play ano of the OST nominees:

Listened to some tracks from all of them, and honestly... eh.
a plagues tale: probably connect sonically the most to it from what i heard
metal hellsinger is probably fine if you want a ... generic "thats the metal bands i grew up with" album (gordons doom soundtrack was so great because it started as a non metal track just to get back to it and have a sound of its own), it also feels kinda like cheathing when its using all of those popular guest singers.

Elden Ring and Xenoblade: choires, grand sound, but also kinda backgroundy and bland to me.
maybe i had bad luck and only picked those tracks and the game has some more to the point compositions.
Elden Rings at least seemed to convey different atmospheres to me, while a lot of the Xenoblade ones mainly conveied grandure.

God of Wars i would probably call the "best", they clearly sounded like its own think, the inspiration (north folk and pagan stuff) is clear, but not just copied (like metal...), and while the sound is not quite my jam, it fellt like it strikes the balance between background and still recognizable music really well. it was also easier to differentiate between tracks.

From what i listened to i would say GoW > A Plague Tale / Elden Ring > Xenoblade > Metal

(now i expect to be killed for that opinion xD)

PS: ER/GoW/Xenoblade feel in a way like its copying some of the worst aspects of hollywood music.
(the whole temp music thing and creating music before the movie exists...especially the later one, because making if afterwards takes to long, but when its being written had to be keppt generic to a degree to fit evenwhen the game underneath it changes)

Etherial, grand... but sonically uninteresting (generic orchestra stuff to me kinda), meolidcally no strong throughline,
All of the ones i listened to try to be this grand aetherial strings and choirs...
You're listening to the wrong stuff.

And a couple spoilery tracks, don't listen if you intend on playing the franchise.

I also want indie game representation to be higher as it reflects my interest, but I'm not super sure how this relates to what I asked the previous poster on why thinking another game should be nominated over Stray is tone deaf?
Sorry I misinterpreted your post a bit.

Listened to that and a handfull of Xeno3 tracks... so much of it to me just sounds...bland?

Since i did not play ano of the OST nominees:

Listened to some tracks from all of them, and honestly... eh.
a plagues tale: probably connect sonically the most to it from what i heard
metal hellsinger is probably fine if you want a ... generic "thats the metal bands i grew up with" album (gordons doom soundtrack was so great because it started as a non metal track just to get back to it and have a sound of its own), it also feels kinda like cheathing when its using all of those popular guest singers.

Elden Ring and Xenoblade: choires, grand sound, but also kinda backgroundy and bland to me.
maybe i had bad luck and only picked those tracks and the game has some more to the point compositions.
Elden Rings at least seemed to convey different atmospheres to me, while a lot of the Xenoblade ones mainly conveied grandure.

God of Wars i would probably call the "best", they clearly sounded like its own think, the inspiration (north folk and pagan stuff) is clear, but not just copied (like metal...), and while the sound is not quite my jam, it fellt like it strikes the balance between background and still recognizable music really well. it was also easier to differentiate between tracks.

From what i listened to i would say GoW > A Plague Tale / Elden Ring > Xenoblade > Metal

(now i expect to be killed for that opinion xD)

PS: ER/GoW/Xenoblade feel in a way like its copying some of the worst aspects of hollywood music.
(the whole temp music thing and creating music before the movie exists...especially the later one, because making if afterwards takes to long, but when its being written had to be keppt generic to a degree to fit evenwhen the game underneath it changes)
Just listen to Eagus Wilderness (Day) and Fort O'Virbus (Night), easy as that

In all seriousness, the OST is a whopping 12 hours and there's a boatload of underrated tracks right now.

For example, I've put 160 hours into the game and today I came across another song I'd heard for a minute or so in-game where I was like ''Whoa that's actually really good''

Also, did you listen to this one? It's one of my personal favourites

Just listen to Eagus Wilderness (Day) and Fort O'Virbus (Night), easy as that

In all seriousness, the OST is a whopping 12 hours and there's a boatload of underrated tracks right now.

For example, I've put 160 hours into the game and today I came across another song I'd heard for a minute or so in-game where I was like ''Whoa that's actually really good''

Also, did you listen to this one? It's one of my personal favourites

Such a beautiful composition. I've cried in a couple of cutscenes with this very one in the background <3

The Xenoblade 3 soundtrack is an embarrassment of riches.

You'll never even hear a lot of it!
This track is three and a half minutes long, and you'll never really get past thirty seconds in the game unless you just hang around:

(although they did use it for a trailer I guess)

I was shook to learn that Mobius Interlink Battle has a two different climaxes (that you'll only get when the enemy has a quarter health left - and most people chain attack that away!) depending on the story context. And climax is one and a half minutes long - the battle is NEVER going to get that far!

(2:50 is the climax section)

You know guys (and galls), the ending theme of xenoblade 3 is called "where we belong" which is completely right because xenoblade 3 truly belongs in the best game of the year list, nothing else to add.

indeed, fully agreed!! and in fact, deserved even a few more nominations that the three it got!

Still have hope that Akuma makes it into SF 6 at launch somehow. Any SF6 will be fine with me though, Capcom vs SNK can wait for Evo, right Capcom?
Tekken x Street Fighter please

Discussion continues in the event thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom