• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

🙄

Do we expect the Switch to have internal storage with a transfer speed above 300 MB/s and possibly approaching 2.4 GB/s with the capacity of this storage being 64 GBs or larger

No, right?
approaching 2.4GB/s? no. that's too power hungry

anything else, we don't know, that shit can change whenever

Quick resume consumes more SSD space on Xbox Series X than every model of Nintendo Switch combined has in eMMC.

A nice thought, but unless they spring for something borderline absurd like 512 or 1024GB for [REDACTED] I doubt it'll happen.

I except 128 or 256GB, personally.

That said... I suppose they COULD do it for just one game at a time? 10GB approx. available to games, compressed and smushed into the page file.

That said, Xbox runs heavily modified Windows 11, it's had a page file of sorts since day 1. Nintendo has never touched the concept because they've never needed to, and I don't believe Nintendo Switch actually HAS one, every application just stores that in its own cache. They would need to implement that system more or less from scratch. Xbox inherited it from PC and optimised it.
How does OS suspend work? They’re not keeping RAM hot are they?

Quick resume consumes more SSD space on Xbox Series X than every model of Nintendo Switch combined has in eMMC.

A nice thought, but unless they spring for something borderline absurd like 512 or 1024GB for [REDACTED] I doubt it'll happen.

I except 128 or 256GB, personally.

That said... I suppose they COULD do it for just one game at a time? 10GB approx. available to games, compressed and smushed into the page file.

That said, Xbox runs heavily modified Windows 11, it's had a page file of sorts since day 1. Nintendo has never touched the concept because they've never needed to, and I don't believe Nintendo Switch actually HAS one, every application just stores that in its own cache. They would need to implement that system more or less from scratch. Xbox inherited it from PC and optimised it.

So one game is "Suspended", and one game "Resumable".

I don’t want the incredible but almost useless number of quick resumes I get on XSX - only two games at any time would suffice. And I do think it would be worthwhile in the long run to make it happen, because I can’t be the only one that would buy and play more digital titles with the feature.

During 2020 when AC exploded, I so wished we could just have that game on quick resume as we swapped out some other title like Ring Fit, Xenoblade, or Hades. That was in part because of the game’s atrocious load times, but I’m not expecting things to be that much better in the next Animal Crossing.

How does OS suspend work? They’re not keeping RAM hot are they?
When a game is suspended it isn't paged, it's just kept in memory. This is how Nintendo has always done it. The only exceptions are Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicals X on Wii U, which actually have to dump the RAM to storage when you press the HOME button, and then have to dump the OS's presence in RAM to storage when you resume.

It's not like Nintendo Switch has a hibernate function, it just has regular sleep, where the RAM stays on and refreshed but in a low power state. That's how suspend has been done on mobile devices dating back to the IBM PC Convertible, it just keeps the RAM on when in standby.

I don’t want the incredible but almost useless number of quick resumes I get on XSX - only two games at any time would suffice. And I do think it would be worthwhile in the long run to make it happen, because I can’t be the only one that would buy and play more digital titles with the feature.

During 2020 when AC exploded, I so wished we could just have that game on quick resume as we swapped out some other title like Ring Fit, Xenoblade, or Hades. That was in part because of the game’s atrocious load times, but I’m not expecting things to be that much better in the next Animal Crossing.
Why wouldn't it be better next Animal Crossing game, when the developers have more experience working with HD assets, have access to faster storage, faster and more RAM, and a better CPU, and dedicated decompression, etc? Loading times on Switch are already, IMO, quite acceptable. Splatoon 3 takes all of 4 seconds to load Inkopolis Plaza, which if you ever played the original Splatoon on disk, that's an order of magnitude faster.

We don't expect an SSD in the Switch 2, right.

Or could we see a $500 cheap model and a $600 model with an SSD
They won't have more than one model at launch. Trust me on this.

Nintendo will use eMMC or eUFS, the preeminent storage devices for mobile phones and tablets. These are solid state drives no matter how you slice it. Nintendo Switch's loading speeds were more an issue of CPU speed than storage speed. When it launched, even the slowest kind of storage on Switch was faster than the built in HDDs of PS4 and Xbox One.

Both eMMC and eUFS can achieve adequate speeds, which will be helped considerably with the hardware decompression system we know it will have and the much faster CPU.

It shouldn't be a concern.

On the Switch? It's more or less the same "just turn off everything but the RAM" standby mode they've been using since the GBA. It will partially wake up occasionally to do background downloads and uploads, but that's about it.
GBA sleep mode was a little more crude than that, since it was really the game doing the sleeping rather than the system.

Why wouldn't it be better next Animal Crossing game, when the developers have more experience working with HD assets, have access to faster storage, faster and more RAM, and a better CPU, and dedicated decompression, etc? Loading times on Switch are already, IMO, quite acceptable. Splatoon 3 takes all of 4 seconds to load Inkopolis Plaza, which if you ever played the original Splatoon on disk, that's an order of magnitude faster.

If we change load times to “time from launch until moving my character” animal crossing felt like it took a minute or more. Saving also took a long time. Just about everything took too long tbh but that’s a different discussion.

Even if they got it down to 20 seconds I’d still say having a quick resume would be a boon. Sometimes you just want things instantly. I want to check Nooks Cranny to see what’s in stock, and that’s it. I don’t want what ends up being about 5 minutes to accomplish that, save and quit. A quick resume would take away a good deal of friction associated with some of the game’s daily activities and keep me engaged with the title longer.

If we change load times to “time from launch until moving my character” animal crossing felt like it took a minute or more. Saving also took a long time. Just about everything took too long tbh but that’s a different discussion.

Even if they got it down to 20 seconds I’d still say having a quick resume would be a boon. Sometimes you just want things instantly. I want to check Nooks Cranny to see what’s in stock, and that’s it. I don’t want what ends up being about 5 minutes to accomplish that, save and quit. A quick resume would take away a good deal of friction associated with some of the game’s daily activities and keep me engaged with the title longer.
Oh I absolutely agree, I think AC loading times are horrible, but I think the next game will definitely make huge improvements in this department. The better storage and processor on the new device should help a lot too, even for New Horizons.

Okay, one nap and a sloppy joe later, I'm about ready to wrap this up. Just as a reminder, I'm using these points to draw a conclusion as to how I think Nintendo's next system is going to be and since this is mostly off the dome, I would greatly appreciate any feedback and corrections in case I get anything wrong or left something out. Also, I've decided not to lump the Wii U and 3DS sections together anymore, since I'm no longer tired I've gotten my thoughts in order. Now for Part 2 of my gigapost!

3DS: As the successor to the legendary DS, Nintendo opted to go for more than just a power boost (Nintendo handhelds tend to have leaps in fidelity, anyway, as someone on this thread has pointed out). Their plan, as the name suggests, would be to implement glasses free 3D, a popular concept at time when this kind of tech was being used for TVs (Sony and Microsoft hopping on this trend with some of their games, as well). Unfortunately, while this feature (as well as AR functionality and Streetpass) was used quite well in games, like Super Mario 3D Land and Kid Icarus Uprising, it would be used far less often as the system's life went on. It wouldn't help when two years later, Nintendo would release a non 3D variant of the system, rendering the feature for some to be superfluous at best and a literal eyesore at worst. The system was still a great success in spite of its terrible launch, but its sales potential was likely squandered due to the rise in mobile gaming during the early 2010's.

Wii U: Hooooooooooo boi........ Nintendo's first step into HD was more of a stumble, as they wanted to take their Blue Ocean strategy to the next level. As stated in Part 1, Nintendo was too late in responding to the woes of their core and casual audiences and tried to rectify that with the launch of the Wii U. The first problem was the name, as it failed to properly communicate whether it was a successor or another one of the Wii's add-ons, thus hurting its sales, when the launch should have been a slam dunk! I mean, you have 2D Mario, a new IP in Nintendo Land, Just Dance, many of those core third-party titles like Tekken, Batman Arkham Asylum, and CALL OF FREAKIN DUTY!!! These disappointing sales of both the systems and the games would scare away third-party devs away more than the Game-Pad and nigh incomprehensible dev-kits. On the topic of the Game-Pad, it was supposed to an integration of the DS' form factor, as well as to serve as a means to play without a TV. It's certainly a novel and innovative idea that's been well implemented in a few games, but the problems lie in 1). the afformentioned dev-kits; developers had a hard time figuring out how to use them and ultimately, gave up, leading to worse third-party support than even the GameCube and 2). the Game-Pad was used for almost EVERYTHING; it was used for even stuff like settings or some of the tertiary apps, like the library (where you view your playtime) and it was often intrusive, this would even extend to some games, like Xenoblade Chronicles X, where the Gamepad is mandatory. These factors and more would insure that the Wii U would go down as a complete and utter failure.

Interlude: Let's review, Nintendo's home consoles were steadily declining in sales, regardless of whatever qualities they had, with the Wii being an anomaly. These declining sales are due to a variety of reasons: SNES was because of the Genesis and Sonic, N64 was due to the arrival and dominance of the PlayStation and the use of cartridges, the GameCube was due to the continued dominance of the PS2, the advent of the Xbox, and using tiny discs, and the Wii U was Nintendo's Blue Ocean strategy backfiring against them. Looking back, it's quite obvious that these systems' form factors have compromised them greatly, especially compared to their more successful handheld counterparts. So, what could be done? How do you come back from the Wii U, while still trying to do what you do best? GO THIRD-PARTY OF COURSE, IT WORKED FOR SEGA, RIGHT????? 🤪 Obviously, this is where the Switch comes, Iwata's last gambit and parting gift.

Switch: This would be the culmination of years of training Nintendo's triumphs and failures, an integration of their home and portable divisions, leading to them focusing on only one console. Unfortunately, this would come with its own sacrifices; the long standing handheld staple of BC would be gone for both predecessors, as the system used a different type of cartridge for its games and of course, because it was a hybrid console, it was less powerful than the competition and would have limited third-party support out of the gate (albeit, more support than usual). Launching at an unusual timeframe with very few games, many were expecting this Frankenstein' monster of a toaster to flop out of the gate like a Magikarp and it..... didn't. It not only succeeded, it THRIVED, breaking records left and right, getting games it otherwise wouldn't have, before. It even made used of past innovations like motion controls and the touchscreen without further compromising power. Yes, it's underpowered, but, like Hannah Montana, the Switch made the best of both worlds and it's currently Nintendo's second best selling system, behind the DS and the third best selling system ever.

Conclusion: Now, what? What's the Big N's next plan, now that they have one system? Do they go back to two systems? Do they try for another risky gimmick? No; I believe that their next system will be mostly iterative with light innovations that can be advertised and not get in the way of performance, like the Joy-Cons and touchscreen. Nintendo wants to have a smooth transition, so BC is not only a must, but IMHO is inevitable, this includes their online infrastructure, however flawed it may be. I can see the succ (which I strongly believe will be called Switch 2) will have a similar launch to the Wii U in terms of content, i.e. two major first-party games and probably less third-party games, so they won't cannibalize each other. As for gimmicks, we may see some implementation of VR or AR in a manner similar to Labo and Mario Kart Live, respectively, albeit in more advanced states (not PSVR level, mind you). I also think we can expect some online functionality akin to the 3DS, especially if it's tied to NSO. I know these talking points have been done to death, but I think it's important to highlight just how Nintendo got here and how that will dictate the successor's future in a positive light. I probably mumbled a bit there, but I hope I got my point across that Nintendo knows what it's doing with their next system, it may not be what we or even I want, but it will certainly turn out great 👍.

Or, it can turn out to be utter shite and me and everyone else in this thread's gonna look like idiots if that comes to pass.

Last edited:
I'm probably being paranoid as hell about this, but I think that a quick resume-type feature that dumps RAM to storage is fool's gold in the long term. I'm assuming TLC flash is what's used nowadays, and the typical manufacturer promise for durability (in terms of p/e cycles) is typically somewhere in the 3 digits?
That is, multiply the capacity by that number to get the total amount of data the manufacturer promises that can be written. That's probably about a 4 digit number of quick resumes hypothetically? (if 12 GB of RAM, that's a little under 1/5th of 64 GB or 1/10th of 128 GB, so 5 or 10 multiplied by 3 digits leads to what is most likely 4 digits)

We don't expect an SSD in the Switch 2, right.

Or could we see a $500 cheap model and a $600 model with an SSD
It’ll have an SSD by virtue of being a system that uses flash storage, the conventional SSD that people think about is NVMe. however, that is not the only type of SSD that exists. UFS is another type of SSD, it is not an NMVe SSD, and yet it is still significantly faster than what the switch has inside it. SATA is another type of SSD, and if the switch had the juice to, it would be able to deliver SATA-like speeds while not being a SATA SSD.

The best thing we are speculating on, at best, is a UFS, eUFS to be exact.

The Switch has an SSD already and Switch 2 will at minimum use that.

Game files are compressed though and Switch was quite slow on uncompressing them, making loading times not much different than the significantly slower SD card and game cards.

Switch 2 will be way better than this and we can expect noticably faster loading times than PS4P/X1X even if the internal memory remains the same.

With that said, XBS have a ~7x faster SSD and PS5 goes way faster. Matching them in speed would require a significant increase in power consumption and heat, not just price, and it's not realistic to expect that.

There is an intermediate possibility, UFS, which in theory should be fast enough to make new gen ports feasible for the vast majority of games, specially the ones targeting PC too. But it's anyone guess if Nintendo will go for it or not.
Switch uses flash storage, but not an SSD.
It has eMMC, essentially an SD card soldered to the Main Board.

On the Switch? It's more or less the same "just turn off everything but the RAM" standby mode they've been using since the GBA. It will partially wake up occasionally to do background downloads and uploads, but that's about it.
Pretty much. The Application section of RAM stays allocated until the game is closed. So long as there is power, a game can stay suspended. All the interactions of the OS, like each item at the bottom of the Home Menu (Album, NSO, Settings, etc) and even the expanded Game list on the far-right side all use the Applet section of RAM. It's also the section that homebrewers utilize, like Status Monitor where this information can be read.

Thank you for the clarification! With that in mind, if this rumour is true, essentially it means a little more capital for Nvidia to play with to throw into R&D for a future mobile chip? Nothing here that would necessarily affect Drake's development?
Sorry for the late reply, but assuming there are grains of truth in the DigiTimes rumour, I was thinking that hypothetically, Mediatek could do a collaborative partnership with Nvidia in terms of R&D for future smartphone SoCs, which could be similar to AMD's and Samsung's potentially collaborative partnership. (Basically, Mediatek could take Nvidia's GPU IP and make customisations to make Nvidia's GPU IP more suitable for smartphone SoCs, but with Nvidia's help.)

And I don't think a hypothetical collaborative R&D partnership between Mediatek and Nvidia is going to affect Drake, especially since Drake's been likely taped out at around early 2022.

approaching 2.4GB/s? no. that's too power hungry

anything else, we don't know, that shit can change whenever
Nintendo could achieve close enough sequential read speeds with UFS 3.0 or UFS 3.1. But of course, there's no guarantee Nintendo's going to use UFS 3.0 or UFS 3.1.

It has eMMC, essentially an SD card soldered to the Main Board.
eMMC is literally a kind of SSD. 😩

SSD refers to the physical composition of a device, not the connector, not the size, not the speed!

The Switch has an SSD already and Switch 2 will at minimum use that.

Game files are compressed though and Switch was quite slow on uncompressing them, making loading times not much different than the significantly slower SD card and game cards.

Switch 2 will be way better than this and we can expect noticably faster loading times than PS4P/X1X even if the internal memory remains the same.

With that said, XBS have a ~7x faster SSD and PS5 goes way faster. Matching them in speed would require a significant increase in power consumption and heat, not just price, and it's not realistic to expect that.

There is an intermediate possibility, UFS, which in theory should be fast enough to make new gen ports feasible for the vast majority of games, specially the ones targeting PC too. But it's anyone guess if Nintendo will go for it or not.
It has eMMC, essentially an SD card soldered to the Main
eMMC is literally a kind of SSD. 😩

SSD refers to the physical composition of a device, not the connector, not the size, not the speed!
Flash storage is solid state storage, but coloquially NOBODY means emms when talking about ssd.
By that logic every smartphone has an ssd, both variants of the Steam Deck have an SSD, wii had an ssd, every gb/nu4 z.B. snes cartridge was an ssd, memory cards for the GC, ps1 and ps2 where ssds...

When people talk about SSD they talk about flash storage using either SATA, NVME or newer UFS standards, mainly those that allow for way higher speeds then old flash standards or HDDs.

The thing about read speeds for the storage is the read speeds for game cards. I have no idea what could be viable in terms of costs for game cards (to keep up with internal speeds). Unless game cards become like the BD for consoles, just for installing games on the internal storage.

It has eMMC, essentially an SD card soldered to the Main

Flash storage is solid state storage, but coloquially NOBODY means emms when talking about ssd.
By that logic every smartphone has an ssd, both variants of the Steam Deck have an SSD, wii had an ssd, every gb/nu4 z.B. snes cartridge was an ssd, memory cards for the GC, ps1 and ps2 where ssds...

When people talk about SSD they talk about flash storage using either SATA, NVME or newer UFS standards, mainly those that allow for way higher speeds then old flash standards or HDDs.

....You can connect MMC via SATA. You can mount compact flash via PCIe, and HDDs via IDE, and enterprise tape drives via a serial port.

I do not mean to be rude but I do not think you know the whole story here.

And that format, that connector... Doesn't define anything.

You can connect an SSD via 1980s era SCSI or 2020s era SAS. Or solder it perpendicular to the CPU and use it as a hybrid storage medium and CPU cooler.

Last edited:
One area where I expect Nintendo to cheap out is storage. I think it won't be very fast, and it won't be plenty. A shame, but if that console is an hybrid machine with expensive controllers and the capabilities of a Series S lite at 400 bucks, not many people (and certainly not me) will complain.

Hopefully the next eShop doesn't lag lol
That will depend on whether it has to constantly retrieve data and what is happening while it is active. Something about the eShop on Switch has the first 3 CPU cores fluctuating within a range of 40-60% the entire time, even when just sitting on the Search/Browse screen practically doing nothing but highlighting the selection box. Applet RAM is what the eShop uses, which has upwards of 467 MB it could use, which actual usage visibly fluctuates when actively accessing the eShop unlike Application RAM for games that reserves almost the entire chunk and handles things internally. Then there's internet traffic. My ASUS router has support for their app which allows me to check the traffic for each of my devices, so checking with the Switch, the Featured tab more or less loads all relevant information for games listed in one go, with only accessing additional data, like the screenshot slides when the selection is over a particular game. Then there's the Recent Releases. Scroll down, and it has to keep loading info from online. Scroll back up, and it has to reload that stuff from online again. It doesn't retain the data. Same goes for Great Deals, Best Sellers, Coming Soon, and even the NSO section.

The NSO app behaves mostly similar except for network traffic, as it seems to retain the data once it is downloaded. The News applet uses very little CPU, around 403.11 Applet RAM, and internet traffic is only active upon loading. No reloading of tiles while in the app. Album is similar with the exception of no internet traffic for obvious reasons. Low CPU, RAM usage remains constant, but actual loading of data isn't retained if scrolled out of view of about 4-5 rows. Going through 880 images/videos quickly one direction and then the other shows continual loading.

Last edited:
One area where I expect Nintendo to cheap out is storage. I think it won't be very fast, and it won't be plenty. A shame, but if that console is an hybrid machine with expensive controllers and the capabilities of a Series S lite at 400 bucks, not many people (and certainly not me) will complain.
Oh they will cheap out sadly in multiple areas. Not really cheap out more so they will over pay for a stupid functionality that no one cares about.

To add what I just posted, some games remain active even while on the Home Menu screen. Monster Hunter Rise for instance while letting the Title screen play will continue to play it's 2-piece sequence of the two women even while it's "suspended". CPU is active, but not as much. Loaded SM3DAS, and launched Sunshine. Went back to the Home Menu while that was loaded, and Core #0 is practically at 100%. The game itself at least was paused while suspended. Entering the eShop while that is "suspended" showed an interesting situation. Both Core #1 and #2 were less than 1%, while Core #0 and Core #3 (used by the OS) were near 100%. Since the game already set Core #0 to near 100%, the eShop is basically running completely on the OS core (which was already running at !50% beforehand. And so, while trying to navigate the eShop, everything is completely laggy.

TL;DR

With no game loaded, the eShop and NSO app use the 3 "game" cores, and aren't so laggy. With a game is loaded, the eShop and NSO apps use only the "OS" core, and are really laggy and slow to load data.

I would agree, but the existence of a custom file decompression engine makes me think it will be at least somewhat fast. That would probably be wasted on Switch speeds.

I would agree, but the existence of a custom file decompression engine makes me think it will be at least somewhat fast. That would probably be wasted on Switch speeds.
Even internal storage and microSD card read speeds are wasted on Switch. Due to Switch having to decompress game assets with the CPU, these storage mediums never reach their full potential as the CPU can't decompress the data fast enough. It's pretty much in a read/wait cycle.

Even internal storage and microSD card read speeds are wasted on Switch. Due to Switch having to decompress game assets with the CPU, these storage mediums never reach their full potential as the CPU can't decompress the data fast enough. It's pretty much in a read/wait cycle.
It's true the FDE on Drake will reduce the load on the cpu, even if there is zero storage speed increase, But I doubt the 8 core a78, would take a huge hit decompressing at Switch storage speed, without the FDE.

Nintendo has always been a leader in the gaming industry and the technology they use to power their hardware. As such, it is only natural to speculate on what the future of Nintendo hardware and technology will look like. Some possibilities include the use of virtual reality, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence to create powerful and immersive gaming experiences. Additionally, Nintendo could explore new ways to interact with their hardware and games, such as motion and voice controls, as well as wireless technology for connected gaming. Finally, Nintendo could use cloud computing and streaming services to enable players to access their games from anywhere in the world. Ultimately, the future of Nintendo hardware and technology will be very exciting and will surely bring many new and innovative experiences to gamers worldwide.

Nintendo has always been a leader in the gaming industry and the technology they use to power their hardware. As such, it is only natural to speculate on what the future of Nintendo hardware and technology will look like. Some possibilities include the use of virtual reality, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence to create powerful and immersive gaming experiences. Additionally, Nintendo could explore new ways to interact with their hardware and games, such as motion and voice controls, as well as wireless technology for connected gaming. Finally, Nintendo could use cloud computing and streaming services to enable players to access their games from anywhere in the world. Ultimately, the future of Nintendo hardware and technology will be very exciting and will surely bring many new and innovative experiences to gamers worldwide.

I found Furukawa, SemmSL is Furukawa -_-

/s

About quickresume, I think it would be possible to implement yes, but as an option, in the storage part of the OS to have a tab to create or delete "quickresume boxes", if you are willing to sacrifice 10GB of internal storage the choice is yours, and if you want you can create as many as your memory allows.

No. They usually aren't talking about specific implementation. They usually just aren't tech savvy enough to know beyond seeing the huge improvement PC and console had after adopting SSD and assuming that Switch doesn't have it because it performs in the same ballpark as the HDD consoles.

And what they most likely want to know isn't what technology is going to be used, but if it will get the same huge improvement and/or get PS5 ports. But that's not a Yes or No question, nor even a MB/s question. The current speed coupled with hardware decompression would be a huge improvement already, even if not as huge as the new gen.

Remember how people thought that Jensen Huang would come up on stage in Switch Presentation 2017 and he would talk about specs? Good times lol. We all know that Nintendo will never talk about specs again, it will once again be labeled as a "Nvidia Custom Tegra processor" and that's it.
I still believe that they will have a marketing term for DLSS/having more power. Like Nintendo Magic. Play select Nintendo games in 4K and other enhancements with Nintendo Magic. Has this game Nintendo Magic Support?, Yes No etc. Exclusive for NSO Members (because money)

I still believe that they will have a marketing term for DLSS/having more power. Like Nintendo Magic. Play select Nintendo games in 4K and other enhancements with Nintendo Magic. Has this game Nintendo Magic Support?, Yes No etc. Exclusive for NSO Members (because money)
I THINK this is a joke, because locking basic hardware features behind NSO isn't greedy, it's self destructive.

Remember how people thought that Jensen Huang would come up on stage in Switch Presentation 2017 and he would talk about specs? Good times lol. We all know that Nintendo will never talk about specs again, it will once again be labeled as a "Nvidia Custom Tegra processor" and that's it.
No I don't remember that, and I doubt whoever said that was serious.

Doubt it. The audience Nintendo is going for, couldn't care less how games are made.

One thing is for sure: I'm not going to wait to buy that new toy. There used to be a time where buying consoles on release was for chumps. Not anymore. Between the back compatibility offering often improvements to games, the fact that generations last long and diminishing returns means that your console doesn't really feel outdated, and the fact that prices either don't go down and can literally go up, I'll be at the front of the line to secure daddy's pleasure electronic once announced.

Remind me, was the specs information on the Switch through a break down, leak or did Nvidia release the information? I can't remember how we found out with the Nintendo Switch.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom