• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I mean they infamously used better than Wii U(and Switch) footage for the original BOTW teaser, and I thought they continuously put out 4k bullshots for most of their first party games.

They only really show Switch footage once they start to show gameplay I thought.

Obviously I agree that the whole "it must be on Drake" is ridiculous but I thought it was pretty well known and expected that most of their teasers are not exactly at the target Switch spec.
they didn't even call that in-game footage. if I remember correctly, they said it was "in-engine" footage. thankfully, it hasn't been repeated since

I think any benefit of using a Wi-Fi 6 or Wi-Fi 6E chip is going to be negated by poor Wi-Fi antennae placement. I do hope that if Nintendo plans on using a Wi-Fi 6 or Wi-Fi 6E chip that Nintendo implements better Wi-Fi antennae placement.
Imo this is at the bottom of the list of priorities of what I want for the system. Wi-Fi 5 is perfectly good.

They need to fix those antenna issues though.

Nintendo aren’t know for bullshot trailers, their trailers tend to represent the actual quality of their games. The Pikmin footage is incredibly clean, has super clean shadows, great textures and materials, etc.
BOTW's old trailers are pretty famous for being higher quality than the final thing. We've seen 4K screens of Animal Crossing. I wouldn't read much into early short clips of Pikmin 4.
Can you name a single example of them doing something like that outside of the dubiously applicable VC upgrade fees?
The only other time they had a hardware that was really meant to be able to play games for the lesser hardware in an improved way was GB->GBC, and patches weren't an option at the time.

I genuinely find it strange people think Pikmin 4 is running on better hardware. Same with Monster Hunter Rise and Mario + Rabbids 2. None of these games look that much better nor are they presented with significantly better quality

Because 6x gpu cores should give you a significantly better picture, iq or fidelity-wise
Yes exactly
If they were to show a next gen version it would look like ratchet and clank or something.
As it is shown … it looks like an enhanced version of pikmin 3.
It looks great
But let’s not forget pikmin 3 and BOTW were Wii U games and their sequels should look and run marginally better.
Also pikmin 4 is likely cross gen so there’s that.
For examples of what I would actually expect if it were Drake footage..
higher texture quality, more foliage, ray traced lighting perhaps…

I think any benefit of using a Wi-Fi 6 or Wi-Fi 6E chip is going to be negated by poor Wi-Fi antennae placement. I do hope that if Nintendo plans on using a Wi-Fi 6 or Wi-Fi 6E chip that Nintendo implements better Wi-Fi antennae placement.
Could Nintendo have changed the WiFi antennae placement for the OLED Model? If so, I don't understand why they didn't.

Yes exactly
If they were to show a next gen version it would look like ratchet and clank or something.
As it is shown … it looks like an enhanced version of pikmin 3.
It looks great
But let’s not forget pikmin 3 and BOTW were Wii U games and their sequels should look and run marginally better.
Also pikmin 4 is likely cross gen so there’s that.
For examples of what I would actually expect if it were Drake footage..
higher texture quality, more foliage, ray traced lighting perhaps…

I was just chatting with my brother about Pikmin 4. Just the lighting in general is well above what the switch can do. What switch game has lighting as good as the Pikmin 4 trailer? Only one I can think of is Links awakening and the switch struggled run the game.

Taking another look through the trailer, shadow details is the best I have scene as well and judging by the time of day the shadows are casted perfectly. Along with the higher textures and foliage this is well above what the switch can do. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually used "switch 2" footage. Also Nintendo only announced Pikmin 4 for 2023 but no concrete date. We can presume that this game is going to be cross platform.

I mean they infamously used better than Wii U(and Switch) footage for the original BOTW teaser, and I thought they continuously put out 4k bullshots for most of their first party games.

They only really show Switch footage once they start to show gameplay I thought.

Obviously I agree that the whole "it must be on Drake" is ridiculous but I thought it was pretty well known and expected that most of their teasers are not exactly at the target Switch spec.
that was in 2014 for a game released in 2017,pikmin 4 is coming in 6 months,it was probably a near finished build

.I'm not convinced Nintendo would abandon Switch OLED over v2 red box Switch , while also refusing to drop the prices of the existing models next year when Drake/Switch 2 comes out, just so we can have a noticable $150 price differences between each model, as an attempt to maximize profit. Not saying it won't happen, but it's not gonna work out for them in the long run.

It’s not about needing a “noticeable $150 price difference”…it’s about what would the demand of the non-Drake OLED model be post “pro upgrade”?

Why wouldn’t someone who is looking to upgrade to a more premium model “bigger/better screen and more storage” just invest the extra $100 for something way way better?

There are other models for the ones who simply want the cheapest Switch possible.

And make no mistake, OLED is sold for more than minimal profit.

Like I said, the only thing I've heard on the subject is that the $50 price difference was entirely to preserve the expected margin found among the 2 other models.

Any source on these?

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say that the most likely unit to disappear is actually the V2. The OLED Model IS the Slim revision of the Nintendo Switch internally, with a smaller motherboard, less complexity, fewer overall parts, etc.

Nintendo Switch - OLED Model IS a cost reduced version made possible in part by the die shrink. Its internal complexity compared to the V2/1 is demonstrably less. They even moved to simple press - fit connections for internal connections.

They just also chose, at the same time, to improve some key aspects of the console.

Nintendo is unwilling to reduce prices for Switch, that much is clear, but with OLED Model they can have their cake and eat it too. Keep the price point of the "lowest end" Switch that can connect to a TV at 300 dollars, while "reducing" the price of the OLED for it to be in that market position.

Thus I think the most likely pricing this time next year to be:

Lite - $199.99
OLED Model - $299.99
Super Nintendo Switch - $399.99

It would make more sense to just sell the V2 version for $250 or even less. Not to just try and maintain that 2017 launch price point with the Drake-less OLED model

I guess it depends on how many LCD screens they have to sell, I suppose.

And I dont know what you mean by the OLED is cheaper to produce cause it had a smaller die size…it’s the exact same SoC that’s in the Lite and V2?

And I do t know what you mean by the OLED is cheaper to produce cause it had a smaller die size…it’s the exact same SoC that’s in the Lite and V2
they're referring to the smaller and cheaper fan, pipe, and sink made possible by the more efficient soc

I was just chatting with my brother about Pikmin 4. Just the lighting in general is well above what the switch can do. What switch game has lighting as good as the Pikmin 4 trailer? Only one I can think of is Links awakening and the switch struggled run the game.

Taking another look through the trailer, shadow details is the best I have scene as well and judging by the time of day the shadows are casted perfectly. Along with the higher textures and foliage this is well above what the switch can do. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo actually used "switch 2" footage. Also Nintendo only announced Pikmin 4 for 2023 but no concrete date. We can presume that this game is going to be cross platform.
what is it about the lighting that makes it above the switch? the shadows might be a solid point, but beyond lowering the shadow resolution, I'm still not seeing anything the switch couldn't do

Ya I just don't believe they would show us drake footage of anything before announcing drake. I'll admit that it looks too good for for Switch gameplay perhaps, but only by a hair... and then maybe not too good to be an in-engine cut scene on current switch.

I guess time will tell.
It’s obviously not native Drake footage but a development environment for Drake on a PC.

Yeah I guess it could be “in engine” footage running on Switch which is basically pre rendered footage because of the effects they run not possible during gameplay along with the lack of gameplay systems and AI running further boosting it’s visual prowess.

I was just chatting with my brother about Pikmin 4. Just the lighting in general is well above what the switch can do. What switch game has lighting as good as the Pikmin 4 trailer?
Luigi’s Mansion? The korok forest in breath of the wild?

Yes, the Korok Forest drops frames but again, you’re comparing a trailer without gameplay to gameplay.

Only one I can think of is Links awakening and the switch struggled run the game.
It didn’t struggle in the launch trailer. Nor was the “struggling” of link’s awakening a shadow issue but a data streaming issue.

There are 17 seconds of Pikmin 4 footage, none of which is gameplay. Are they going to preserve a full day cycle? How open are the areas? How does the change in camera perspective alter how much they can cull distant geometry and textures? Does gameplay run at 30 or 60fps?

There simply isn’t enough data here to say anything about whether the graphical fidelity represents gameplay, much less how achievable that gameplay is on Switch.

Nintendos engineers must be proud, duping folks again and again.

Pikmin 4 is definitely a bullshot trailer, but I don't think that has anything to do with Drake.

When has Nintendo gone that hard on a bullshot trailer so close to launch? They said this is a 2023 game. This isn’t anything like the initial Breath of the Wild tease which was something like 5 years out.

I was super wrong.

Last edited:
When has Nintendo gone that hard on a bullshot trailer so close to launch? They said this is a 2023 game. This isn’t anything like the initial Breath of the Wild tease which was something like 5 years out.
The Zelda 2014 trailer said “2015.” I think it’s exactly the same.

Nintendos engineers must be proud, duping folks again and again.

Well the company releases bullshots on a regular basis, so...? I'm not sure what you mean by "gone that hard"? It was like 20 seconds of footage that showed no gameplay. The IQ is abnormally better than the norm for Switch. It actually seems like one of the most low effort announcements Nintendo has made in some time, since like the original Three Houses trailer. I'd assume it was cobbled together from a workstation last minute, and is probably not even really running on Switch hardware yet. I'm honestly pretty suspicious of that 2023 date.

even here in the hardware thread people would sooner believe the 2023 date is bullshit than the full reveal being saved for the drake announcement

shaking my head sadly

The Zelda 2014 trailer said “2015.” I think it’s exactly the same.

Oof. Color me surprised. Just rewatched it and you’re right lol

I thought they said something about the creation of that trailer actually helped develop some of the games ideas

I'm not sure what you mean by "gone that hard"?

I meant I couldn’t see them releasing a trailer a year out that was overshooting what the system could do. With only a year left I would assume what they showed is close to what we’ll get.

That said, as pointed out above, I was wrong and they did the exact same thing with Breath of the Wilds initial trailer….

They changed the location of both the WLAN and Bluetooth antennas, it’s just doesn’t have a good wifi chip, but OG switch was worse…
Is that so? Well then, I hope they go the extra mile and fully resolve this bad WiFi situation. Strangely enough, I thought the current WiFi chip was fine so it sucks that it's not up to par.

I still have issues is with the BT. My joy-cons nintendo gave me in 2021 (because of drift) lose connection depending on how I hold them (my original pair from 2017 didn't have said issue, so I can't be the BT on my console).

I hope they can figure it out, because I have never had so many hardware issues with a nintendo console before.

Last edited:
Oh right I forgot they have a newer more modern antenna for the OLED model too, so even if they used a newer BT+Wifi chip it can be better in the 2.

Soo any official updates on what the Switch Drake/Ultra release date might be.

Any speculation is good enjoyment as well :)

Sorry for the grammar 😖

Although not related to Nintendo's new hardware equipped with Drake, Samsung projects LPDDR6 to be released at around late 2025 to early 2026 according to Samsung's DRAM roadmap shown during Samsung Memory Tech Day 2022.
960x0.png

So if Drake is coming out in the first half of 2023, when do we think leaks and more details will start making their way to the internet?
November at the earliest I would say, given a launch in May. Latest would be January. Just based on manufacturing timelines.

Although not related to Nintendo's new hardware equipped with Drake, Samsung projects LPDDR6 to be released at around late 2025 to early 2026 according to Samsung's DRAM roadmap shown during Samsung Memory Tech Day 2022.
960x0.png
if Nintendo keeps going with this Switch or adjacent concepts (ARM+NV+LP) devices, they are in for gaining a lot I think in terms of memory speeds. Really great gen-on-gen leaps while also being lower power consumption and not even factoring more efficient architectures wrt Memory Bandwidth utilization

With LPDDR5 on a 128-bit memory interface it should be at most 102.4GB/s.

With 5X on a 128-bit memory interface it should be 136.5GB/s at most.

With LPDDR6 and it’s projected 17000MT/s, so it should be double the 5X projection and offer ~273GB/s on a 128-bit interface, this is really fast for a portable!

And here’s only in theoretical, but let’s assume that LPDDR6X is a 20-30% improvement, then that would be 327.6-354.9GB/s!

Which would be right in line with when Nintendo’s next console should come out I think… or maybe they’ll go with LPDDR7 by then? Who knows!

And this assumes all goes well of course…

But here’s where I posit the question, with LPDDR seemingly gaining a lot in bandwidth, would we see the next consoles from the other platforms move to LPDDR memory as a way of reaching higher memory capacity?

Currently, they utilize several GDDR6 memory modules to meet their bandwidths of 560+336, 448GB/s and 224GB/s respectively. However, this was the smaller increase in available memory gen on gen compared to previous generations.

The PS6 and Series X^2 for instance would need to offer a memory capacity upgrade, will they go a smaller increase to 24GB for the system or 32GB? Here’s where I think that LPDDR memory can actually help since they can tend to come in higher capacity…

But not the best in terms of bandwidth vs GDDR, though they do have a lower latency and are only worse to DDR memory.

Like for example, the Series X has a 320bit interface and has high speed of 560GB/s, with LPDDR6 it would be equivalent of 682GB/s but it’s several years late by then. Not a major increase but not a negligible one either. PS6 by comparison would only be 546GB/s.

However, it can probably be a 32GB console for devs to work with over a 24GB console. This is only speculative of course.

This is all still pretty expensive of course but… again only speculative.

Consoles could use HBM but that has an obscene level of latency and it is the worst of the bunch compared to DDR, LPDDR and GDDR.

Perhaps…. Mixing of tweets concepts could be the way for consoles as they move forward, using LPDDR can help reach higher capacity for less modules, but also adding more cache to the SoC, even a separate tile, to help reduce memory bandwidth constraints in those consoles in the long term.

If the Nvidia leak is anything to go by, Pikmin 4 graphics will be blown out of the water by whatever launch titles Drake come with.

So no, the trailer was showing stuff you can do on regular Switch hardware.

If one were to expect the next consoles to come out before the end of the decade, then I'm not expecting significant improvement in sram density from the likely node(s). I'm also assuming that they'll still be monolithic. So I'm not expecting a gigantic increase in cache. They'll either have to operate with more efficiency with regards to bandwidth to allow them to go with LPDDR, or they stick with GDDR and just eat the energy cost that comes with higher raw bandwidth.

Because the shadow quality and range isn't possible on a Tegra X1. I've personally never said Rise or Rabbids 2 was running on Drake because it was within the realms of possible. Those Pikmin 4 shadows and how far they go at the quality they are, along with it's overall IQ is not within the realms of possible on Switch imo.

We all know 6x the GPU cores does not = 6x better visuals. It's also probably early dev footage on Drake and it's probably not got the largest of teams thus budgets assigned to it.
There is literally nothing happening in this scene …
No AI
No logic aside from what’s being displayed and no pikmin.
It’s missing most of what makes a game a game
It’s really just a piece of a level and a camera …

Pikmin 4 is definitely a bullshot trailer, but I don't think that has anything to do with Drake.
I guess the word "bullshot" has lost all meaning if people think it can be used for the Pikmin 4 teaser. It looked like clean 30 fps non-gameplay footage from an in-engine camera sequence that could run on the Switch.

We been dealing with this for too many years now. "X game looks too good for Switch". "Y game has no framerate cap, must mean the pro is around the corner". Its a tired meme at this point.

We been dealing with this for too many years now. "X game looks too good for Switch". "Y game has no framerate cap, must mean the pro is around the corner". Its a tired meme at this point.

The desperation for new hardware is real lol. Nintendo fans are thirsty since the Pro speculation began like 4 years ago and nothing ever materialized from that and fans are now finding "proof of Switch Pro/2" in just about anything Nintendo releases now.

If one were to expect the next consoles to come out before the end of the decade, then I'm not expecting significant improvement in sram density from the likely node(s). I'm also assuming that they'll still be monolithic. So I'm not expecting a gigantic increase in cache. They'll either have to operate with more efficiency with regards to bandwidth to allow them to go with LPDDR, or they stick with GDDR and just eat the energy cost that comes with higher raw bandwidth.
I’d suspect that, as time progresses and SSDs get faster, they’ll try to use those as a a way to better leverage how things are loaded in.

That said, this is probably an area Nintendo should better look into, as a faster SSD than what is in the switch would help it tremendously, and not even 5.5GB/s, or 2.4GB/s. Just 1GB/s seems like the bare minimum devs wanted from Sony as per Mark Cerny.

Hell, if Nintendo took a later faster storage and clocked it to operate at lower speeds I think there would be a nice amount of energy savings.

There is literally nothing happening in this scene …
No AI
No logic aside from what’s being displayed and no pikmin.
It’s missing most of what makes a game a game
It’s really just a piece of a level and a camera …
Yup that’s why I agreed it could be “in engine” footage running on Switch. An actual game that looks exactly like that isn’t possible on the current model though imo.

Quoted by: MP!
if Nintendo keeps going with this Switch or adjacent concepts (ARM+NV+LP) devices, they are in for gaining a lot I think in terms of memory speeds. Really great gen-on-gen leaps while also being lower power consumption and not even factoring more efficient architectures wrt Memory Bandwidth utilization

With LPDDR5 on a 128-bit memory interface it should be at most 102.4GB/s.

With 5X on a 128-bit memory interface it should be 136.5GB/s at most.

With LPDDR6 and it’s projected 17000MT/s, so it should be double the 5X projection and offer ~273GB/s on a 128-bit interface, this is really fast for a portable!

And here’s only in theoretical, but let’s assume that LPDDR6X is a 20-30% improvement, then that would be 327.6-354.9GB/s!

Which would be right in line with when Nintendo’s next console should come out I think… or maybe they’ll go with LPDDR7 by then? Who knows!

And this assumes all goes well of course…

But here’s where I posit the question, with LPDDR seemingly gaining a lot in bandwidth, would we see the next consoles from the other platforms move to LPDDR memory as a way of reaching higher memory capacity?

Currently, they utilize several GDDR6 memory modules to meet their bandwidths of 560+336, 448GB/s and 224GB/s respectively. However, this was the smaller increase in available memory gen on gen compared to previous generations.

The PS6 and Series X^2 for instance would need to offer a memory capacity upgrade, will they go a smaller increase to 24GB for the system or 32GB? Here’s where I think that LPDDR memory can actually help since they can tend to come in higher capacity…

But not the best in terms of bandwidth vs GDDR, though they do have a lower latency and are only worse to DDR memory.

Like for example, the Series X has a 320bit interface and has high speed of 560GB/s, with LPDDR6 it would be equivalent of 682GB/s but it’s several years late by then. Not a major increase but not a negligible one either. PS6 by comparison would only be 546GB/s.

However, it can probably be a 32GB console for devs to work with over a 24GB console. This is only speculative of course.

This is all still pretty expensive of course but… again only speculative.

Consoles could use HBM but that has an obscene level of latency and it is the worst of the bunch compared to DDR, LPDDR and GDDR.

Perhaps…. Mixing of tweets concepts could be the way for consoles as they move forward, using LPDDR can help reach higher capacity for less modules, but also adding more cache to the SoC, even a separate tile, to help reduce memory bandwidth constraints in those consoles in the long term.
What's even more interesting is that the Switch's Nvidia/ARM/LP combo is engineered differently to PS/XB, so, when you add a further evolved neural unit and DLSS to the mix, it could still be putting out (near) equivalent end results at a fraction of the power consumption. The extra CPU grunt and bandwidth are needed on PS/XB because their respective GPUs are already being taxed a lot heavier than they would with the Switch's approach. Also, whenever the 3rd Generation of Switches arrive, who's to say that 256bit MIs or SMT ARM CPUs wouldn't be realised by then? The potential prospects are quite incredible.

I’m only gonna say it once, as I’ve been ignoring most of discussion because it doesn’t make sense to me why people are discussing it, but the level of performance that this new hardware can execute is well above the switch that you can tell when a game is built for that piece of hardware versus for the switch just like how people can tell a PS4 game from a PS3 game.

Nintendo’s own engines have to be updated to make use of said hardware where it’s a noticeable difference from the base switch in terms of Fidelity, and scope of a title, now you may be saying “well, they would just use the engines are tailor-made for the switch“, and that’s right, they will and if they do so, it would look like a switch game because it is built around the parameters and limitations of a switch. And finally, Nintendo will not show a game for hardware that was not announced, and you would not be able to tell a switch game from a switch 2 game this early on.

You’ll be able to tell a switch 2 game from a regular switch game in a couple of years, but right now? You will not really be able to tell besides a higher resolution, and a higher frame rate, a.k.a. it’ll be a cleaner overall image, but that’s only in motion.

This idea that Pikmin 4 is somehow tied to something related to Drake when Pikmin 4 hasn’t shown anything that a switch can’t do is preposterous.

We’ve seen games like Luigi’s Mansion 3 on the switch. We’ve seen games like breath of the wild on the switch and that’s a damn Wii U game and still regarded as one of the most impressive titles released by Nintendo to date. We will see tears of the kingdom on the switch and make use of the hardware and not be built for the Wii U limitations in mind.

We have seen astral chain on the switch. This is just a few examples, but the type of game Pikmin is does not lend itself to being this massive open world game, it’s a real time strategy game. It’ll be a closed environment to work with.

This extra tidbit is just something that I feel like should be put out there to be made clear: the jump from the Nintendo switch to the Nintendo switch 2 will be a bigger, more noticeable jump than the jump from PlayStation3 to PlayStation4 or to jump from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, or the jump from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 or Xbox one to the Xbox series. That is to say, there’s going to be a noticeable degree of difference between these two pieces of hardware that straight up can’t be ignored. Regardless of the clock speed that Nintendo chooses, it is going to be a massive difference that cannot be ignored regardless of how you slice us.

The PS4 to 5 and XB1 to XBS is more of a product of diminishing returns, which makes it less pronounced to the average Joe/Joanna/J.

Switch 2 vs 1:
1) The way it processes geometry is far more efficient
2) the way it handles memory bandwidth is far greater and more efficient
3) the way it can reach its target resolution will be far easier
4) the CPU will far stronger and faster at performing its job with the GPU
5) this will have a lot more available memory

Like I could go on

Also, whenever the 3rd Generation of Switches arrive, who's to say that 256bit MIs or SMT ARM CPUs wouldn't be realised by then?
That depends on if Arm's still relevant by then, which I think is jeopardised by Arm's current lawsuit against Qualcomm and Nuvia (here and here).

I’m only gonna say it once, as I’ve been ignoring most of discussion because it doesn’t make sense to me why people are discussing it, but the level of performance that this new hardware can execute is well above the switch that you can tell when a game is built for that piece of hardware versus for the switch just like how people can tell a PS4 game from a PS3 game.

Nintendo’s own engines have to be updated to make use of said hardware where it’s a noticeable difference from the base switch in terms of Fidelity, and scope of a title, now you may be saying “well, they would just use the engines are tailor-made for the switch“, and that’s right, they will and if they do so, it would look like a switch game because it is built around the parameters and limitations of a switch. And finally, Nintendo will not show a game for hardware that was not announced, and you would not be able to tell a switch game from a switch 2 game this early on.

You’ll be able to tell a switch 2 game from a regular switch game in a couple of years, but right now? You will not really be able to tell besides a higher resolution, and a higher frame rate, a.k.a. it’ll be a cleaner overall image, but that’s only in motion.

This idea that Pikmin 4 is somehow tied to something related to Drake when Pikmin 4 hasn’t shown anything that a switch can’t do is preposterous.

We’ve seen games like Luigi’s Mansion 3 on the switch. We’ve seen games like breath of the wild on the switch and that’s a damn Wii U game and still regarded as one of the most impressive titles released by Nintendo to date. We will see tears of the kingdom on the switch and make use of the hardware and not be built for the Wii U limitations in mind.

We have seen astral chain on the switch. This is just a few examples, but the type of game Pikmin is does not lend itself to being this massive open world game, it’s a real time strategy game. It’ll be a closed environment to work with.

This extra tidbit is just something that I feel like should be put out there to be made clear: the jump from the Nintendo switch to the Nintendo switch 2 will be a bigger, more noticeable jump than the jump from PlayStation3 to PlayStation4 or to jump from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, or the jump from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 or Xbox one to the Xbox series. That is to say, there’s going to be a noticeable degree of difference between these two pieces of hardware that straight up can’t be ignored. Regardless of the clock speed that Nintendo chooses, it is going to be a massive difference that cannot be ignored regardless of how you slice us.

The PS4 to 5 and XB1 to XBS is more of a product of diminishing returns, which makes it less pronounced to the average Joe/Joanna/J.

Switch 2 vs 1:
1) The way it processes geometry is far more efficient
2) the way it handles memory bandwidth is far greater and more efficient
3) the way it can reach its target resolution will be far easier
4) the CPU will far stronger and faster at performing its job with the GPU
5) this will have a lot more available memory

Like I could go on

Ultimately, business reasons alone will have Nintendo not do Drake exclusive releases for at least 1.5 years if not longer. They're not going to miss out on base Switchs 100+ million userbase for their big releases.

3rds are free to do whatever.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom