• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

They still can make a very small PR announcement at next investors meeting.

But with no video teaser or such.

Thus, its very likely no leaker or journalist will know.

"Piyoro wouldn't troll us like that" they said.
and he didn't

khaled-dj-khaled.gif

@necrolipe @darthdiablo

With all due respect,

A direct hint/leak of the Switch 2 by Pyoro would be very big, and I assume that Nintendo knows what Pyoro is capable of, and that Pyoro knows what Nintendo is capable of.
A direct hint of the NES Nintendo World Championships coming would be on so much smaller scale compared to that, that it wouldn't be that big of a deal for Nintendo, while at the same time can cause Pyoro to indirectly tease Switch 2 without getting in trouble. I really want to be on that copium for a little while longer.

MV5BMzdmNmQ5ZTAtYjE2MS00NTI5LThhYmYtZTQ5ZTczNDRlY2JhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MTAzODM@._V1_.jpg

He could've showed the boxart, but Pyoro chose to show the cardridge with the switches, and liked a comment about Switches.
With all this fuss about Switch 2, he likes to play games with everyone, and I like to keep calm and observe.

ok we are doomed

Even with this Tweet, I'm confident that he trolls, but that he knows that it should be done, otherwise that he might get in trouble.

To look at this whole debacle with a positive spin, maybe the only way for us to be able to hold on until a january 2025 or even later reveal is to get small glimmers of hope like this regularly till then.

But i'm out of copium now, i'm expecting later than march 2025 release for Switch 2.

@necrolipe @darthdiablo

With all due respect,

A direct hint/leak of the Switch 2 by Pyoro would be very big, and I assume that Nintendo knows what Pyoro is capable of, and that Pyoro knows what Nintendo is capable of.
A direct hint of the NES Nintendo World Championships coming would be on so much smaller scale compared to that, that it wouldn't be that big of a deal for Nintendo, while at the same time can cause Pyoro to indirectly tease Switch 2 without getting in trouble. I really want to be on that copium for a little while longer.

MV5BMzdmNmQ5ZTAtYjE2MS00NTI5LThhYmYtZTQ5ZTczNDRlY2JhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MTAzODM@._V1_.jpg

He could've showed the boxart, but Pyoro chose to show the cardridge with the switches, and liked a comment about Switches.
With all this fuss about Switch 2, he likes to play games with everyone, and I like to keep calm and observe.

Even with this Tweet, I'm confident that he trolls, but that he knows that it should be done, otherwise that he might get in trouble.
for me the only thing could help us is when reach 5 min from now nothing gets announced and instead we recieve another teaser from pyoro , witch we can relate from having a direct next week (probably before investidors to calm them)

I think what really shouldn't be done is discussions what Pyoro did and didn't.

As i've written yesterday afternoon, he knew exactly what he did, in what way it was done and the timing for it. And that there would've been ways to tease the same in a different way.

As i've written yesterday afternoon, he knew exactly what he did, in what way it was done and the timing for it. And that there would've been ways to tease the same in a different way.
Yep, there's no way he didn't chose exactly that picture on purpose, knowing how people would interpret it. Then liking messages that interpreted it that way.

I've basically accepted that if this is it... then fine, sure.

Listen, just because Pyoro hasn't leaked Switch 2 stuff... that doesn't mean stuff isn't happening...

A lot of things at the Financial Briefing could potentially happen, so like... just wait. A few more days won't kill you. Best practice is to put Pyoro's tweet behind us.

I think some of you are relying too much on logical rationalist judgments about pyoro's modus operandi, and if it's likely that he simply didn't think about it as much as he did

Feels like an "emergency" release as it does feel like such a NES "romhack" thing could be done quickly and rather cheap. (I'm not saying this was done / greenlight in the timeframe between now and the delay decision!)

Honestly, i think a mere port of TP and WW HD would be better "line-up boosters" than this.
How would releasing a game in the vein of NES remix, which was great, prevent other games from being released too? I just don't get it.

I've basically accepted that if this is it... then fine, sure.

Listen, just because Pyoro hasn't leaked Switch 2 stuff... that doesn't mean stuff isn't happening...

A lot of things at the Financial Briefing could potentially happen, so like... just wait. A few more days won't kill you. Best practice is to put Pyoro's tweet behind us.

You did miss my post about still expecting a PR announcement next week, right?

How would releasing a game in the vein of NES remix, which was great, prevent other games from being released too? I just don't get it.

Maybe reaction wouldn't be as it is if we would know about other games being released, hm? ;]

But as of now, officially, there's not a single dated game by Nintendo after Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion. And Nintendo continues to think "this is fine" and doing nothing for whatever reasons. Even going so far to not to the "traditional" early year Direct, instead relying on a Partner Showcase.

In this situation, i would argue that another NES romhack (and i have to hard resist the urge to use the word ...grab here) is 1) extremely lackluster and 2) not really confidence inspiring even for people already expecting a dry year. Prolly even more but i'm too lazy to think about it.

Last edited:
Seems as though everyone has a different definition of ‘trolling’

Pyoro didn’t troll IMO, y’all trolled yourselves

So as a surface level thing, it wasn't a troll.

But he immediately received tons of replies asking if it was the Switch 2 and refused to answer those because he thought it would be funny to not reply.

Which is trolling, but that's fine.

Catching up over some 15 pages or so and y'all. Dip switches on a competition NES cart sent some of you spiraling.
T'was fun. Pyoro's "likes" seemed to indicate he was "in on it", and the others, Necro, Midori and PH Brazil, poured fuel on the fire. I don't blame anyone, nor myself, for reading into it. It was speculation. This thread is specifically meant to contain that, and that's OK. As long as nobody starts insulting and questioning the sanity of others for not believing, or indeed, believing it, it's all in good fun.

You have to take the absurd with the ordinary sometimes. Perhaps we got baited, perhaps more is to come of it. Personally I think Pyoro was being straightforward about things, for Pyoro anyway, then realised how people were taking it and had a little laugh. That's his prerogative.

The best part is that that video is an extreme worst-case scenario. Switch 2 in handheld mode will 100% be capable of playing Doom Eternal at a much higher internal res than 360p. The only reason it would be that low is if they included it as some kind of 60fps battery-saver mode. So docked mode would be leaps and bounds better.

And switch 2 being able to run Doom Eternal with equivalent quality of the other two consoles was my personal baseline for satisfaction, so this makes me quite the happy panda.

You did miss my post about still expecting a PR announcement next week, right?
Maybe I missed it, but my point still kinda stands (editor's note: I read through your last 10 posts to grasp your thoughts, yeah I agree with you). I expect a PR announcement as well, even if it's as basically as a 1 sentence tweet saying "We are releasing a Nintendo Switch successor in March 2025". My general idea is that we can wait and gain the same results, with or without Pyoro's tweet. It's just a matter of waiting [checks notes] 90 hours or so.

It's a new game using the nwc branding. Not a 30$ rerelease of the old rom.
"The industry is at a dead end with AAA developments, what matters is the gaming experience, I'm glad the Switch is choosing a different path compared to Playstation and Xbox".

Also Fami: " I don't care about partner showcases. I don't care about indy games. I don't care about $30 different experiments. Where's my 120 fps Switch 2?!"

So would that member that was banned be unbanned now?
Just because the point they were defending turned out to be correct, it doesn't mean they had the right to talk down to everyone else the way they did. Everyone here was just having fun and happy to have some hope and he made everyone out to be some kind of idiot or loser. No one needs that attitude, regardless of the outcome.

I was wondering why NIntendo is gonna sell a fucking NES rom for $30 so I went and checked and turns out that, in Japan, Rad Racer was published by Square so that's why they couldn't just put it on NSO.

Some of you are being really weird about this. There's a new game coming based on NWC. Pyoro teased it by showing a NWC cartidge. He liked a joke. That's it.

I was wondering why NIntendo is gonna sell a fucking NES rom for $30 so I went and checked and turns out that, in Japan, Rad Racer was published by Square so that's why they couldn't just put it on NSO.
I'm pretty sure the only reason why Nintendo was allowed to use it for their competitions was because it was a Nintendo-published title overseas.

This was also how I found out that Rad Racer was co-published by fucking Mattel of all companies in the EU.

If it really is that, it would really suck. But I think it's a new nes remix style game, using the branding.

To look at this whole debacle with a positive spin, maybe the only way for us to be able to hold on until a january 2025 or even later reveal is to get small glimmers of hope like this regularly till then.

But i'm out of copium now, i'm expecting later than march 2025 release for Switch 2.
I'm going to wait till after May 7th till I make that claim, but I too feel that Switch 2 may be further out than we expected.

and the post by nintendo today was.....

fortinite

lets see after 1 hour if its the onlly thing for now

Yeah, hopefully we get something else from Pyoro in the next hour since that's when he did it yesterday.
I think if Nintendo was going tweet about it today it would have been the first tweet, they seem to use the first tweet of the day for things like that.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why Nintendo was allowed to use it for their competitions was because it was a Nintendo-published title overseas.

This was also how I found out that Rad Racer was co-published by fucking Mattel of all companies in the EU.

Mattel actually published quite a few games back then. I think i even have one or two back in my storage.

Honestly? I wouldn’t even be surprised if Nintendo tries their hardest to keep Switch the focus all throughout 2025 as well, via finished games they have lying around and quick games they can make and release.

I'm going to wait till after May 7th till I make that claim, but I too feel that Switch 2 may be further out than we expected.
probably like someone said its best to assume something after the inventor reunion of june , them we have a ideia for the future

If it really is that, it would really suck. But I think it's a new nes remix style game, using the branding.
no need to think, it literally is this. the ESRB rating tells us what to expect

This is a collection of 2D challenges and platformer games in which players traverse through various modes (e.g., speedrun, survival). Several challenges involve reaching specific points, while others prompt players to defeat small enemies or survive brief battles. Some games depict pixelated characters using small swords or arrows to strike at enemies; enemies typically get stunned or disappear in a flash.

I'm not sure what Nintendo's gameplan is this year, they don't want to say anything about Switch 2, fine. But shouldn't they go all guns blazing with Switch stuff then? But their gameplan seems to be the worst of both worlds, nothing Switch 2 until next year, and nothing relevant when it comes to Switch 1 as well this year.

So they will tank both their revenue this year from a worthless Switch year, plus tank their stock price due to no Switch 2 reveal until 2025. Nintendo still seems totally incapable of having a smooth console transition, they always fall into the trap of software never being ready which leads to a totally barren last year of every hardware they move on from.

Weird that they don't seem to realize that the only logical move from them this year is to build hype for next year, reveal the Switch 2, announce first party games for it and let third party developers announce games for Switch 2, that way they will still have a worthless 2024, but at least the increased hype and anticipation would lead to higher stock price and being part of the mindshare from general consumers and gamers.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom