• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Almost all the talk in here is about specs, understandably.

But what about everything else? Before we start getting any leaks (probably later this year), what would you actually like to see from the new hardware?

For me, here's what I'll be looking for:
  • Better joycons / controllers. Drift issues aside, I just don't like using them. The buttons are small and fiddly, the shoulder buttons are mushy. They absolutely can't just roll with the same joycons for the next Switch. That would be a huge black mark against it for me.
  • More OS features. Give us themes, shop music... anything. Wii U felt like a magical Nintendo experience every time you booted it up. Switch feels like an off-brand Chinese tablet until you start a game. Put some personality into it. They'll surely have the overhead to do this without slowing everything down.
  • Ever smaller bezels / bigger screen. The Switch's overall size is great, but the more that size can be screen and the less it's bezels, the better. OLED was a nice improvement, let's push that further.
  • 3D screen. Yes, this is patently absurd and a decade out of date, but I love 3D screens for games (shout out to Everybody's Golf on PS3) and loved it on the 3DS. It will never happen, but imagine a full, Switch sized, 720p per eye stable-3D screen. God, that would be sick.
  • Better online features. This really speaks for itself, the flaws in the Switch's online capabilities are well known.
  • Better app support. All the major apps on my Smart TV should be present on Switch. There's no technical reason for them not to be, but I suspect Nintendo doesn't want to be in a competition for consumer time with streaming companies.
  • For it to be fully-baked at launch. We've seen with Switch that "they'll update all the features you want in 6 months" is absolute BS. Very, very little changed in the Switch OS. It took us 5 years to get groups / folders.
What I'm not too concerned with:
  • Battery life (rarely play more than 3 hours without being able to charge)
  • 1080p screen (720p is enough for me)
  • Camera / AR features (Switch was better off without one)
  • Virtual Reality (even with a 1080p screen it won't be competitive with the Meta Quest or PSVR, and way too many flaws with the idea)

I'm going to go with asynchronous gameplay via the NSO app.

Uses your phone as hardware and there's a special joy con grip you can buy that has a phone holder. Allows for DS and 3DS via NSO but also offers unique gameplay experiences using your phones camera for Augmented reality.

Mario Kart gets the option to stream up to three additional players displays to mobile devices.

Only available on Drake switch and modern phones as it uses WiFi6 to stream video.

I have no update to provide.

Right now I remain operating on the info provided last October, which was pre-COVID lockdown in China and Russian invasion.

Without anything you might have heard about, just based on public i formation - when would you believe should Nintendo release Switch 2?
I'm not interested in any insider info, just your personal opinion as someone that follows Nintendo a lot.

Let’s have a little exercise: give a hardware idea that you would like to see in the next model as a feature. It does not matter if Nintendo does it or not, however giving an idea that is more or less realistic of what can be done, even based on another piece of technology. Also share it but keep in mind what you will share will not be wrong because this is just a hypothetical scenario that has nothing to do with performance, or very technical aspects of it.
I agree on wireless docking, further, I would love for it to bring along WiiU style async play. Even if it's nothing more than the Wii U commonly got (maps and subscreens in the hand) I think it's a frequent nice-to-have that, along with some Wii U ports, would be a delightful bonus for a revision.

I would also love some mechanism for better emulating the Wii pointer. I see a few ways they could do it (up to and including just throwing extra processing power at it).

Also, it's not huge, but tying accounts to joycons/pro controllers. I would love my partner to pick up "her" controller and automatically have all her stuff work in Mario Kart, even if on someone else's system

I have no update to provide.

Right now I remain operating on the info provided last October, which was pre-COVID lockdown in China and Russian invasion.

This + no comment from Furukawa has me more optimistic than I've been in a bit.

No news is good news for the time being.

It's probably too toxic of a subject for most to approach without having a ton of evidence.

There's also people just sick of running circles on the topic and are choosing to nip conversation quick and not be too optimistic. On Last of the Nintendogs they commented on the whole 'no comment' thing from Furukawa with a quick one or two sentences - they took it to mean hardware is coming, but that it's most likely an OLED Lite. Not saying I agree with them, but the conversation is probably super tiring.

Last edited:

But what about everything else? Before we start getting any leaks (probably later this year), what would you actually like to see from the new hardware?

• Better joycons / controllers. Drift issues aside, I just don't like using them. The buttons are small and fiddly, the shoulder buttons are mushy. They absolutely can't just roll with the same joycons for the next Switch. That would be a huge black mark against it for me.
  • More OS features. Give us themes, shop music... anything. Wii U felt like a magical Nintendo experience every time you booted it up. Switch feels like an off-brand Chinese tablet until you start a game. Put some personality into it. They'll surely have the overhead to do this without slowing everything down.
  • Ever smaller bezels / bigger screen. The Switch's overall size is great, but the more that size can be screen and the less it's bezels, the better. OLED was a nice improvement, let's push that further.
  • 3D screen. Yes, this is patently absurd and a decade out of date, but I love 3D screens for games (shout out to Everybody's Golf on PS3) and loved it on the 3DS. It will never happen, but imagine a full, Switch sized, 720p per eye stable-3D screen. God, that would be sick.
  • Better online features. This really speaks for itself, the flaws in the Switch's online capabilities are well known.
  • Better app support. All the major apps on my Smart TV should be present on Switch. There's no technical reason for them not to be, but I suspect Nintendo doesn't want to be in a competition for consumer time with streaming companies.
  • For it to be fully-baked at launch. We've seen with Switch that "they'll update all the features you want in 6 months" is absolute BS. Very, very little changed in the Switch OS. It took us 5 years to get groups / folders.
  • Virtual Reality (even with a 1080p screen it won't be competitive with the Meta Quest or PSVR, and way too many flaws with the idea)
Yeah. Better controllers would be the thing to make me desperate to upgrade. I want the next joycons to feel premium.

AMD has achieved the unthinkable—the new FidelityFX Super Resolution FSR 2.0 looks amazing, just as good as DLSS 2.0, actually DLSS 2.3 (in Deathloop).

Has this been the consensus or is this an AMD fan's opinion piece? 'DLSS Killer' headline has been popping up since FSR 1.0 - it's pretty baity.

I can't be fussed to watch the video, because in practice I doubt I'd be able to see major differences without the content running on my 65". That's the scenario where I'd care.

Unlike most posters here, I’ve actually been brainstorming more about the “gimmick”.

Many seem to dismiss the idea that the successor will be anything but a straight up upgrade, but I think orherwise. There will be a central gimmick, and it’s very likely Nintendo’s own 1st part divisions will probably work around this central concept. Yes, the specs will be greater, have DLSS, etc., but those tensor cores can be used for many more things than ray-tracing and upscaling.

More OS features. Give us themes, shop music... anything. Wii U felt like a magical Nintendo experience every time you booted it up. Switch feels like an off-brand Chinese tablet until you start a game. Put some personality into it. They'll surely have the overhead to do this without slowing everything down
It also takes a while for the WiiU to start up and load the applications. I think they should be a happy medium but I wonder with the lack of bells and whistles was to avoid issues with preformance.
Better app support. All the major apps on my Smart TV should be present on Switch. There's no technical reason for them not to be, but I suspect Nintendo doesn't want to be in a competition for consumer time with streaming companies.
Nintendo isn't stopping the applications, they just aren't bankrolling them to be made for the switch. The APIs needed appear to be in the Switch SDK now as well.

Without anything you might have heard about, just based on public i formation - when would you believe should Nintendo release Switch 2?
I'm not interested in any insider info, just your personal opinion as someone that follows Nintendo a lot.
Pure opinion: a Switch revision/successor should release within the next yr or so (by end of 24). Sales are strong but tech is advancing and the Switch it starting to show its age. Don't wait for momentum to drop. Keep the energy on your side, launch an iterative successor sharing a single ecosystem & ride the wave. Keep 3rd party happy & target hardware that is capable of getting PS5/XS ports similar to what Switch was able to do with PS4/X1 games.

Also opinion: I think Nintendo introduces a new hardware concept for their next-gen hardware -- so the successor to the Switch family line -- and ditch the hybrid concept. Not something I want to see happen, but Nintendo does Nintendo and that seems like a very Nintendo thing to do.

Pure opinion: a Switch revision/successor should release within the next yr or so (by end of 24). Sales are strong but tech is advancing and the Switch it starting to show its age. Don't wait for momentum to drop. Keep the energy on your side, launch an iterative successor sharing a single ecosystem & ride the wave. Keep 3rd party happy & target hardware that is capable of getting PS5/XS ports similar to what Switch was able to do with PS4/X1 games.

Also opinion: I think Nintendo introduces a new hardware concept for their next-gen hardware -- so the successor to the Switch family line -- and ditch the hybrid concept. Not something I want to see happen, but Nintendo does Nintendo and that seems like a very Nintendo thing to do.
I realize this is just an opinion so I'm not dogging on you but the Nvidia leaks make it clear that this is overwhelming likely to still be a mobile device. I don't see why they would take HDMI out away from it, so it seems likely to remain a hybrid. Although I get the fear of Nintendo doing another stupid gimmick, I think that was mainly an Iwata thing.

"By end of 24" - as in, by the end of 2024? That would be 2.5 years away...

As for a new hardware concept, what would that look like in your opinion? Ditching the hybrid concept seems like insanity to me - that means Nintendo releases either a home only console or a portable only console. And if it's a portable only console, it makes zero sense not to allow it to connect to a larger TV.

As for a new concept, I'm not sure what else they could do at this point. Unless they release a new platform that is literally a headset for AR/VR, I don't see anything radically new or intruiging enough that would warrant ditching the Switch brand and hybrid form factor.

The "new concept, new brand" makes sense if you look at Nintendo's history and expect them to continue doing what they've always done - but if you think about it in a practical and business sense in the context in today's gaming environment....it doesn't make sense at all.

What makes sense is keeping the hybrid form factor to allow for a variety of playstyles, pushing the hardware to a new level every 5-6 years, and focusing on games, Switch Online subscriptions, DLC, and service games. That's the winning formula - not sinking money into radical hardware concepts that would be more likely to fail and/or alienate consumers.

Last edited:

I basically agree with you, usually do

However, The Nvidia leak shows that they have been working on this SoC for awhile now. I can’t imagine them sitting on it for another 2 years. End of 2024 doesn’t compute. Even a year from now would be pushing it, and really unnecessary

And since it’s coming within a year, there is no way Nintendo positions it as a successor/gen break type model. It will be treated as a revision for those interested.

Have to disagree here. Nintendo spent years…well before NX/Switch…moving to consolidate their software development so they don’t have to divide focus onto multiple disparate systems.

I don’t see them moving away from a main hybrid base going forward. There is absolutely no good reason why the would/should.

Of course every console wants to have some gimmick to sell it to consumers, but in this case I think they can do that on the software side. We have not seen a 3D Mario game (aside from the small side game in 3d world) in nearly 5 years, and we surely will not see it for at least 6.
This strikes me as an unusually long development time for a 3D Mario game. Dev time for 3D Mario games has been about 3-4 years since Galaxy back in 2006.

I'm thinking a big open world jump, like BotW. An open world Zelda is gonna sell 30m, what would a big open world Mario game sell, when Mario is a much bigger brand than Zelda? I think with that and Mario Kart 9 in the first year they really would not need any other selling points.

I would be very wary of treating the draw leak as being "confirmed", plans can change dramatically, Nintendo could decide they want to spend less, for example. No-one should be treating that level of power as gospel IMO.

I guess Nate mixed up end of 23 wit 24.
And I read successor is what comes next and then the “next gen” with a non hybrid thing.

I realize this is just an opinion so I'm not dogging on you but the Nvidia leaks make it clear that this is overwhelming likely to still be a mobile device. I don't see why they would take HDMI out away from it, so it seems likely to remain a hybrid. Although I get the fear of Nintendo doing another stupid gimmick, I think that was mainly an Iwata thing.
I'm not talking about the Drake/DLSS model as the next-gen concept.

And I'm using 2024 under the condition there are no known rumors pointing to anything in the immediate. It's based on being unaware of any potential plans. Hell... half this thread has said they don't think any hardware would come until 2024 and that's with leak/rumor knowledge.

And the non-hybrid is just opinion based on Nintendo managing to do something stupid after each success.

Last edited:
Has this been the consensus or is this an AMD fan's opinion piece? 'DLSS Killer' headline has been popping up since FSR 1.0 - it's pretty baity.

I can't be fussed to watch the video, because in practice I doubt I'd be able to see major differences without the content running on my 65". That's the scenario where I'd care.
Looking at some of the screenshots - it's good but not as good as DLSS (even performance). Some of the finer details don't resolve properly and it'll be interesting to see how it looks in motion/actual gameplay because the video in the article isn't very comprehensive.

For Nintendo to ditch the hybrid concept, we would be looking at one of the following:

1. A home only console with no portable option. Not happening.
2. A portable console that can't connect to a large TV. Again, not happening.
3. Two separate systems again - one for home, one portable. Not happening.

I just don't see Nintendo abandoning the hybrid form factor.

Of course every console wants to have some gimmick to sell it to consumers, but in this case I think they can do that on the software side.

If they want to offer unique gameplay ideas with hardware, they can do it with peripherals to the Switch.

A cheap example is Labo and Ring Fit. An expensive example is what Sony does with psvr.

They don’t need to release a non hybrid, speciality console to explore unique gameplay ideas (what people like to call “gimmicks”)

For Nintendo to ditch the hybrid concept, we would be looking at one of the following:

2. Switch Lite?

I get what you are saying, but it did happen :p

When I say there is no way Nintendo ditches hybrid going forward, I mean that they aren’t going to make a portable only console or a tv only console that play different games from each other.

They will always make Nintendo software that functions/plays the same exact games whether on portable or on tv.

There is no good reason to divide those modes into different consoles anymore.

This.The whole reason the switch lite exists is to cater to the dedicated handheld market.Ditching the hybrid concept would mean going back to dedicated handheld and console teams.That aint happening when their handheld division no longer exists.

This.The whole reason the switch lite exists is to cater to the dedicated handheld market.Ditching the hybrid concept would mean going back to dedicated handheld and console teams.That aint happening when their handheld division no longer exists.

Their handheld division still exists. It’s thriving in the Switch.

What’s great is that mobile hardware is so good now, that the portable Switch can run games that Nintendo typically would only put on home consoles. It can run any game typically associated with a stationary console. All you need is an HDMI out to put it on the tv!

Their handheld division still exists. It’s thriving in the Switch.

What’s great is that mobile hardware is so good now, that the portable Switch can run games that Nintendo typically would only put on home consoles. It can run any game typically associated with a stationary console. All you need is an HDMI out to put it on the tv!
What I meant is that they had more or less merged the 2 groups together.The nature of a device like the switch means that they don't need to expend resources supporting 2 systems.They don't have to worry about balancing out console games and handheld games.They're just nintendo games now.
I'm well aware that these same people still work at nintendo.

I would be very wary of treating the draw leak as being "confirmed", plans can change dramatically, Nintendo could decide they want to spend less, for example. No-one should be treating that level of power as gospel IMO.

Well, it’s “confirmed” these were the target specs they were designing API’s around as of a couple of months ago.

And I'm using 2024 under the condition there are no known rumors pointing to anything in the immediate. It's based on being unaware of any potential plans. Hell... half this thread has said they don't think any hardware would come until 2024 and that's with leak/rumor knowledge.

Oh, see that’s your problem. Letting half this thread shape your opinion on something :p

Just for exploration/discussion sake... why couldn't it be #3 but similar to MS and XSX/XSS -- a home unit with more performance and then a handheld with a lower range of performance? Same library of software shared across both.

Well, it’s “confirmed” these were the target specs they were designing API’s around as of a couple of months ago.

Oh, see that’s your problem. Letting half this thread shape your opinion on something :p
My post was mostly put together to spark conversation in the thread that avoids the same circle it falls victim to every other day. It was intentionally framed to confuse, anger, and ignite debate.

Just for exploration/discussion sake... why couldn't it be #3 but similar to MS and XSX/XSS -- a home unit with more performance and then a handheld with a lower range of performance? Same library of software shared across both.
This is something they did consider for the switch. I'd guess the main issue is that making versions of all your games for both would be a headache, assuming the gap is larger than it is on the switch.

What I meant is that they had more or less merged the 2 groups together.The nature of a device like the switch means that they don't need to expend resources supporting 2 systems.They don't have to worry about balancing out console games and handheld games.They're just nintendo games now.
I'm well aware that these same people still work at nintendo.

Right, I get ya. You should have just said their home console division no longer exists if you were picking between the two ;)

But why? Isn’t that basically what this Drake thing is going to do anyways? While not losing the portability aspect?

As soon as you talk about a relatively expensive Nintendo home only console whose only existence is to let gamers play games that the portable console cannot play…then you are presenting a system that forces Nintendo to develop for differently than their portable version, to split focus on.

So you might as well keep it a hybrid system, since you have to make games run both ways anyways. It’s not like BotW2 would be a better game, or a better seller, if it was made for Series X hardware than for Drake hardware.

If it’s about AAA modern 3rd party support, that’s a non issue. Nintendo will never make a home only console just so they can try and attract more of that.

The reason why Switch has as good “home console type” 3rd party sales as it does is because of the unique portability value it offers. A home only Nintendo console only offers Wii U type 3rd party sales.

It's probably too toxic of a subject for most to approach without having a ton of evidence.
I don't know, it's surprising big gaming outlets are not trying to get some scoops on the next nintendo hardware.
Or it's not as big of a deal for their audience.
The whole thing is kind of whack, really few people bringing the news forward, the oled mess, a large portion of the fanbase being very hostile to the existence of a more powerful switch, tired but still aggressive arguments about how to label this hardware, quite an ordeal...

Because that kind offering after the success of the Switch is completely nonsensical, and borderline hostile to consumers.

They gave consumers a hybrid console that can function as a home console or a portable console based on the needs of the user - but for a successive generation, would require the consumer to buy two separate systems just so they could achieve the same functionality of their previous platform? That's going backwards.

Nintendo would rightfully get lambasted for such a move.

And any game for the home console would have to run on the portable console anyway, so it's not like they could create games for the more powerful home unit that wouldn't be possible for the portable.

sorry for the random question, but does anyone know how much did the Switch sell in March 2017?
2.74M iirc
(1) Operating results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 Nintendo Switch, a new home console system that diversifies the ways you can play games, launched during this period on March 3 worldwide and is off to a promising start. In particular, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has won immense popularity with recorded sales of 2.76 million units (the total units sold including the Wii U version is 3.84 million units) and 1-2-Switch has been generating buzz. Both of these games were released at the same time as the hardware. The sales volume for hardware and software during this period reached 2.74 million units and 5.46 million units respectively

I don't know, it's surprising big gaming outlets are not trying to get some scoops on the next nintendo hardware.
Or it's not as big of a deal for their audience.
The whole thing is kind of whack, really few people bringing the news forward, the oled mess, a large portion of the fanbase being very hostile to the existence of a more powerful switch, tired but still aggressive arguments about how to label this hardware, quite an ordeal...
The other thing is the more spicy tidbits recently about the chip came from an illegal hack, and reporting the details about that might be a bit murky, legally speaking.
rumors are back on for a 2024 release? Nate says is unaware of anything immediate?
No, somebody asked Nate what he thinks they could or should do personally, not in any rumor capacity, and he answered. And then everyone proceeded to assume that was a new rumor despite it clearly being prompted as an opinion.

@NateDrake I have no idea how you continue to have the patience to deal with some of us

Nintendo going back to separate home console and handheld devices would be a disaster for them. Having a hybrid system leverages their historically strong handheld-selling division, allowing such a device to sell at home-console prices both in software and hardware.

My point is, Nintendo’s handhelds always sell better than their home consoles, and not counting the Virtualboy, every handheld has been a success.
But in today’s tech world, mobile technology is moving at a giant’s pace. With home consoles we are more accustomed to the idea of hardware generations (while Nintendo handhelds are kinda “linked” to a home console) so they are more resilient to the notion of getting obsolete in a couple of years, despite PC technology moving very fast too.

That way a hybrid, especifically a Nintendo hybrid, can reap the best of both worlds: it can avoid being considered obsolete that fast because of the home console effect (“It doesn’t have graphics like a PS4 but you can take BOTW from the TV to the bathroom with you”) and it can avoid direct competition with high-end high-performance home consoles (“The games like Pokemon that you play on the go can now be played on the big tv screen”).

Nintendo’s next console won’t be a pure handheld or a pure home console, it will be a hybrid. As for the Lite, it’s a budget revision with reduced functionality, the kind of device to debut after the main one.

No, somebody asked Nate what he thinks they could or should do personally, not in any rumor capacity, and he answered. And then everyone proceeded to assume that was a new rumor despite it clearly being prompted as an opinion.
I’m starting to think that maybe we are Nate’s social experiment.

Last edited:
Separate handheld and console could work in theory maybe like 5-10 years down the line, especially if they plan to use that SCD technology to prop up the handheld's processing capability.

As long as they share the same software ecosystem I don't really see a problem, it's still extremely far removed from what they were doing before the Switch.

I agree on wireless docking, further, I would love for it to bring along WiiU style async play. Even if it's nothing more than the Wii U commonly got (maps and subscreens in the hand) I think it's a frequent nice-to-have that, along with some Wii U ports, would be a delightful bonus for a revision.

I would also love some mechanism for better emulating the Wii pointer. I see a few ways they could do it (up to and including just throwing extra processing power at it).

Also, it's not huge, but tying accounts to joycons/pro controllers. I would love my partner to pick up "her" controller and automatically have all her stuff work in Mario Kart, even if on someone else's system
Perhaps a bar on the dock itself could work for motion controls, though that would limit it in terms of placement.

Basically integrated into the dock.

starting? I remember that before i got a switch i saw clips of games people called ugly and i thought '' they dont look so bad... '' but then i began playing then and yeah it looked terrible. Certain first party studios may surprise, but even then only few.

Im quite excited for that DLSS thingy, my main problem with switch games will always be resolution.

My post was mostly put together to spark conversation in the thread that avoids the same circle it falls victim to every other day. It was intentionally framed to confuse, anger, and ignite debate.
So you are saying the PS5 Pro could launch before Drake, right? 🤭

The other thing is the more spicy tidbits recently about the chip came from an illegal hack, and reporting the details about that might be a bit murky, legally speaking.

@NateDrake I have no idea how you continue to have the patience to deal with some of us
I look forward to the post being reported on YT channels tomorrow.

The bigger annoyance will be the amount of talk around the "concern" translation which will end up being different once we get the official translation. Almost like outlets could just wait for accurate translations but some would rather double-dip for traffic and profit gain than do a good job the first time around.

Separate handheld and console could work in theory maybe like 5-10 years down the line, especially if they plan to use that SCD technology to prop up the handheld's processing capability.

As long as they share the same software ecosystem I don't really see a problem, it's still extremely far removed from what they were doing before the Switch.
Yeah we don’t know where the physical limits of technology are, so a Geth-style wireless computing-enhancing device to uplift the handheld’s proccessing power will be possible eventually. It’s not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN.

Sadly the hard limit of technology is money. So maybe the cost of implementing that device would be better spent beefing up the handheld’s internal power, and if you are doing that then why not add active cooling and an HDMI port, maybe give it a dock too.
So now it becomes a matter of why.

The OLED Model and Switch Lite are targeting two very different market segments, but their sales may actually be intricately linked. Allow me to explain:
  • From Oct. 2021 to Mar. 2022, 5.8 million units of Switch OLED were sold (see table below).
  • 40% of OLED Model sold were replacement purchases or multiple-units-per-household purchases.
  • This means that after the OLED release, in the first 6 months alone, 2.32 millions of existing Switch units entered the used market or became hand-me-downs ...
  • ... while 3.7 million units of Switch Lite were sold from Apr. 2021 to Mar. 22 (table below).
  • This seems to create a substantial impact on the Lite sales.
  • In FY20-21, the sales ratio of hybrid vs. Lite was 70.48% to 29.52%.
  • But in FY21-22, the sales ratio of hybrid+OLED vs. Lite became 83.95% to 16.05%.
  • With the full 12 months of FY22-23, I suspect that the sales ratio of Lite may decline further, due to more people upgrading to the OLED Model and thus redistributing their used units.
Although not immediately apparent, the price sensitive/demand elastic market segment targeted by Lite is benefited from the introduction of the premium OLED Model, because now they have a better supply of used hybrids and also less demand competition for new Lites. A robust used market also benefits the enthusiasts, since they may easily offload their old units and upgrade without worries. As for Nintendo, they are not shedding any tears for the declining Lite sales but laughing to the bank for replacing a $200 sale with $350.

So there's little incentive to introduce an OLED Lite. The lower tier is already well served by Lites, used hybrid sales, and hand-me-downs. Adding a premium Lite would only create downward pricing pressure to the used market, potentially leading to a glut of used Lite with few takers, which in turn impacting the used price of hybrid model, causing consumer hesitation to upgrade from hybrid to OLED Model. Why would Nintendo sacrifice a $350 sale for a hypothetical $250 OLED Lite?

k7stt9w.png

This same dude said FSR 1.0 was comparable to DLSS. Also I’m only looking at the screens on my ipad, but both the FSR and DLSS images look really rough to me, a lot worse than I expect from DLSS.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom