• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

H1 release died when it didn’t get announced in January.

If the thing doesn’t get announced before April that would be when I start worrying if it will even come out this year.
No need to worry. Switch OLED was announced in July and released in October. We have plenty of time. I do think we'll see it sooner rather than later though

What.

Oh, no, I'm calling for patience but I'm still on Team H1, even purely going off the facts we know it's pretty reasonable.

I'll leave Team H1 on July 1st 0:00, per usual.

Team H1 technically still wins when the Switch 2 is announced during that period. It definitely isn't releasing then, I'd be shocked if it was.

I'll check back in the morning, gotta go to bed early for work. I'm not expecting much in terms of hardware, but we may see something interesting, nonetheless. GN.

So... To speculate more on the hardware....

What do you think Nintendo will do for the audio in portable mode? Do you think they will keep the 3.5mm jack?

I personally would love for Nintendo to push the new Bluetooth Low Latency codec, or maybe some sort of built-in RF transmitter.

How about the speakers? Do you think they will use mor than two speakers this time?

What do you think will do for audio in portable mode? Do you think they will keep the 3.5mm jack?

I personally would love for Nintendo to push the new Bluetooth Low Latency codec, or maybe some sort of built-in RF transmitter.
Honestly, my expectations are lax but not in the floor.

3.5MM, USB audio, SBC and AAC Bluetooth, but no low latency Bluetooth.

Let's be real if you value low latency, you're using wired headphones.

If it's too late to go back
🤣🤣🤣 we've gotten so far however.
Pretty sure the possibility of DLSS hasn’t been covered.
Hmm, I remem the fiasco with digital Foundry not too long ago.
If it will use a thermoelectric cooler in docked mode (almost certainly not, even though that and a laptop fan would be like 2-4$). And if it will use a 5000, 5500, 6000 or 6500 mah battery.
I was thinking the dock could be allowed for cold storage with an external hardware. I know this dock could but Nintendo hasn't allowed it. Which I get, because of the games. I think this should be for capture video and pictures.

What do you think Nintendo will do for the audio in portable mode? Do you think they will keep the 3.5mm jack?

How about the speakers? Do you think they will use mor than two speakers this time?
I am just hoping there's enough bandwidth in the Bluetooth for full communications.

Oh! We haven't discuss starting games partially downloaded. That's a nice feature.

I hope I wake up to the thread on fire whether it's nate or nintendo :) goodnight good people

I'm going to sleep, I get up in a few hours and I feel mentally a little sad today, I hope that tomorrow I wake up with news. Good night Fami.

Its been cancelled just like the Switch 2.
sad-kid.gif

A hardware revision with no exclusive games is not the same thing.
SWOLED sold 9 million units in its release FY with a July reveal and an October release. Nintendo aims to sell 10 millions Switch 2’s this upcoming FY according to reports.

To be clear I think we’ll see Switch 2 in March but there’s no need to doom if we don’t see it by April. Still plenty of time to show it for a release this year.

3ds was formally announced in Spring of 2010. ~12 months before the successor release.

Project Revolution (aka “GameCube Next) was formally revealed summer of 2005. ~18 months before the actual successor release (Wii)

Project Cafe was formally revealed in summer 2011. ~18 months before the successor release (Wii U)

Project NX, Nintendo discussing its next successor, was formally revealed in spring of 2015. ~24 months before the successor release.

We have had no announcements or reveals or even an acknowledgement of a project.

If a new Switch is releasing this year, and they are announcing it this year…it’s not going to be treated like a regular/normal/traditional successor console.

Nothing to see here, folks. Head on home now.
Of course there's nothing to see in the actual financial results. If there was something to see, it would only be stated during the meeting/call, and have a press release at that time.

There won't be any such thing, of course. But people who believe in that possibility have to wait for the meeting to happen first.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom