• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

giphy.gif

Honestly this is stupid. There is no way XSS should be matching PS4 Pro especially in terms of FPS. XSS has a much more capable CPU, it should be doing 60FPS, whether it be a lower resolution like 1080p
The CPU doesn't matter if the GPU is the problem. And if the GPU is the problem, then a drop from 1440p to 720p isn't enough power to double frame rate. 720p or lower would be required to get to 60fps

Has Nintendo ever shipped a bunch of tubers to NYC for a software preview before? I thought they hand out codes for that stuff. I don’t wanna get my hopes up but…
I mean they shipped a bunch of influencers to Japan to promote everybody 1-2-switch.... Make of that what you will.

(Or when they promoted TotK)

My confirmation will be from the likes of Digital Foundry based on decided, confirmed final hardware, not from a data leak that looked to have been planned at some point in the past.
Reason I've posted this more than once is that people keep saying "we know", "we know", "we know".
You don't know anything at this moment in time.

I think there's a good chance it will be T239-based and I'll be very happy if it is (assuming no crippled aspects) but I (and everyone or almost, almost everyone here) don't know.
You do realize you’re voiding one third-party source and using a different third-party source who is not infallible to confirm something that will never come out from the horses mouth, which in this case is a first party source. Correct?

DF receive information from Third parties and aren’t different in this scenario than what some have done here in coming to a conclusion. The source we have in this case that falls into the same facet, is the nvidia hack.

I think Nintendo is known to work on multiple concurrent hardware.
They work on multiple concepts of hardware, that doesn’t extend to silicon. That’s much more rigid and set in stone than whatever concept they aim for.

They very probably brought multiple solutions to the prototype stage.
Only the chip of one of those solutions leaked.
Nvidia could have worked on it by itself eyeing multiple customers, both handheld and laptops, and NVN2 was just part of the pitch to Nintendo.
This makes zero sense, there’s nothing they could use this chip for that their own silicon doesn’t already do.
They have an ORIN that already boots windows fine enough, and they have multiple configurations and can fit multiple market segments. Drake would have to really offer something absolutely compelling above ORIN that makes it a worthy candidate to offer to multiple companies in the process.

We would have also heard rumors for a while now of multiple different companies that they approached for from outlets on a chipset for their next generation console.
All this talk about how nothing about the SoC is determined is wild. If you can't trust information (stolen information, no less) from the company making the bloody chip in question that blatantly spells this out, you've lost the plot, plain and simple.

You may as well be asking someone to show their work on an equation as simple as "2+2".
I got 7, idk.

Help
Might be nothing, but multiple big names are at Nintendo NYC:

I’d hope so, they have a big seller coming up soon, and Super Mario Bros wonder is there too :p

if it was hardware related, I feel like they’d have more technical youtubers come out idk
Not that I think this is hardware related (I don’t), but more tech focused tubers are the least likely to be shipped by Nintendo anyway. Not zero, but less likely.

They want more standard people that better relate to the masses and will focus on the concept if it was tech related, with the games working with the concept, to showcase a story.

More tech focused tubers get an itch for the specifications of the hardware internally, speakers how they are in comparison, screen comparison, weight, battery life, performance, ergonomics, etc, etc, etc.

Focusing less on the actual concept and more on what powers the concept and the device.

They’d be terrible for marketing.

I mean they shipped a bunch of influencers to Japan to promote everybody 1-2-switch.... Make of that what you will.

(Or when they promoted TotK)
Well the 1-2 switch was filming an ad for a product that focused on a ton of people. So it feels like a unique situation. Did they shop tubers out for TOTK? Don’t remember that.

Has Nintendo ever shipped a bunch of tubers to NYC for a software preview before? I thought they hand out codes for that stuff. I don’t wanna get my hopes up but…
I don‘t know about the US but Nintendo invites Influencer all the time to Frankfurt to play previews. Though this is more in a PR context where they also include media and stuff which for sure also happens at NoA offices. That they invite them to the store seems like a new concept.

Anyway I‘m very certain that this will be Mario Wonder related.

Not that I think this is hardware related (I don’t), but more tech focused tubers are the least likely to be shipped by Nintendo anyway. Not zero, but less likely.

They want more standard people that better relate to the masses and will focus on the concept if it was tech related, with the games working with the concept, to showcase a story.

More tech focused tubers get an itch for the specifications of the hardware internally, speakers how they are in comparison, screen comparison, weight, battery life, performance, ergonomics, etc, etc, etc.

Focusing less on the actual concept and more on what powers the concept and the device.

They’d be terrible for marketing.
i redact my original statement

have they ever sent out youtubers to one of their stores to look at hardware before, or is it just software?
runJDrun was in a pre release switch ad at one point I think but it wasn't at a store

I'm gonna set my expectations low. I doubt Nintendo would trust YouTubers with any secret bigger than, "Hey check out Mario Wonder or the stuff we have planned for Nintendo Live."

What did Grubb say would happen this month?
nothing really. As far as I remember he kinda waffled about something happening this month. It literally could've been this thing lmao.

either way there is no reasonable way to think this hardware related.

Just to go against the grain, I'm gonna humor the possibility that influencers were invited to check out the succ. I'm not too convinced that Nintendo wouldn't do something like this, even with whatever risks are involved. I think we're a little too eager to dismiss this for seemingly arbitrary reasons.

Just to go against the grain, I'm gonna humor the possibility that influencers were invited to check out the succ. I'm not too convinced that Nintendo wouldn't do something like this, even with whatever risks are involved. I think we're a little too eager to dismiss this for seemingly arbitrary reasons.
Give me one benefit to Nintendo to do this.

Nintendo always invite the press/content creators, for previews impressions, reviews of they game, Nintendo invited me for a preview of game Y for example

Yes. I would go to Nintendo's NYC office every August/September to demo their holiday lineup in prior years.

My hype continues ascending to heretofore unseen heights after the last few pages of this heavenly ST
Ascend.

Funny twist…

Nintendo will show these influencers the successor, but it will be a fake. They’ll go back, spill the beans on their broadcasts, while putting their reputations on the line, and look like fools when the real deal is revealed. Nintendo will know who they can and cannot trust. The influencers will hang their heads in shame and embarrassment while Nintendo and the world points and laughs.

If Nate or Necrolipe spill the beans early, I’m gonna call them Sega

because they’re gonna have Angry Birds

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom