• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes |ST| You Won't Pass Musou Exams by Just Button Mashing

Around chapter 6 with Golden Deers and I really can see why they didn't add any extra mode as the main story area missions works like the missions in history mode in FEW with the classic "kill x amount of enemies" , "capture all forts" etc missions. I even played one where you can only use female characters. If anything the only thing I don't like is the special mini quests (the ones that can expire) doesn't appear as replayable, since some of them are good for quick money or rusted weapons.

I think this game might have the most useful AI teammates I've experienced in a Warriors title. I remember back when playing Dynasty Warriors 4, I would lose battles because my commander died to enemy with 1% of its remaining health. In this game, I send the AI to take bases and often before I can get to my player controlled character to a location, the AI has already defeated the commander and taken over the base.

They're already there, declaring that they have something to believe in

I think it would probably be too much work to add in full dialog for them though
Oh it definitely would as they would probably have to redo the dialogue system for Byleth and the number of lines. But seem to be enjoying voiced Byleth so maybe it could give the games another shot in the arm.

I guess they make Byleth live up to his name in this game lol.

Kill my team in hard mode. Thought I could handle him

So I went against my better judgement and bought this game. I mean, so far it's what I expected so I can't complain. And I'm hoping for good things but damn, there is like......a lot of menu-ish systems so far. Trying to pay attention, but it's losing my focus already.......

Activity points stacking way further than what I'm knowing is actually doing something which seems like a me thing....

I hope there isn't too much I needed to know. I'm just plowing ahead so far. And damn, stingy with the S-Ranks. I mean, seriously.....did everything right but didn't kill enough troops? Yeah, that's because I was trying to speed-run the missions, man. Make up yo mind. Conflicting messages....

So far, it's kinda fun. Can't say I'm super into the story or whatevs, but as someone with 7x through 3Houses, I have a hard time caring about the minor changes at this point tbh.

We'll see. XXXX Y, fam.

I hope there isn't too much I needed to know. I'm just plowing ahead so far. And damn, stingy with the S-Ranks. I mean, seriously.....did everything right but didn't kill enough troops? Yeah, that's because I was trying to speed-run the missions, man. Make up yo mind. Conflicting messages....
This is a staple of warriors games and at least in the Nintendo ones they tell you how much time / kills / damage, in the other ones its just
Game: "you got A"
Player ""how much I needed??"
Game "not gonna tell you, just do better"

This is a staple of warriors games and at least in the Nintendo ones they tell you how much time / kills / damage, in the other ones its just
Game: "you got A"
Player ""how much I needed??"
Game "not gonna tell you, just do better"
Hahaha fair enough, but damn they be stingy. I mean S A S is an A? damn dude you know? hahha.

I like all the little lore tidbits we get about Fodlan that flesh out things. Stuff like a good chunk of commoners not really knowing how to read, half brothers/sisters being common due to crest breeding in noble families etc.

Ch. 7 Black Eagles (no spoilers): so far I wish the side missions were a bit more engaging, or tailored towards specific characters. Having a few paralogues like they do in Three Houses would be nice. It just feels like I'm doing the same thing five times in a row before moving on to the story mission.

I guess that comes with the territory. Still enjoying the game quite a bit, since it really captures that Three Houses feeling. I may start messing with classes a bit more to change things up and get some more units involved.

Ch. 7 Black Eagles (no spoilers): so far I wish the side missions were a bit more engaging, or tailored towards specific characters. Having a few paralogues like they do in Three Houses would be nice. It just feels like I'm doing the same thing five times in a row before moving on to the story mission.

I guess that comes with the territory. Still enjoying the game quite a bit, since it really captures that Three Houses feeling. I may start messing with classes a bit more to change things up and get some more units involved.
There are paralogues and they are unlocked as long as you have the characters needed (I unlocked the first one in ch7 of Golden Deer)

Funny that you say that cause I unlocked mine in Scarlet Blaze in Chapter 7 :p

Funny that you say that cause I unlocked mine in Scarlet Blaze in Chapter 7 :p
There are paralogues and they are unlocked as long as you have the characters needed (I unlocked the first one in ch7 of Golden Deer)
Ah, well I just made it to chapter 7 before stopping last night. It seems there's more to look forward to!

Haven’t quite got locked in playing as tight as I wanted too, will probably just clear chapter 5 today. Loving it tho

Supports are fun. Poor Bernie, Hapi
doesn’t want to watch the plants, she wants to eat them. What kind of rough life did this girl have to be eating carnivorous plants XD

Finished chapter 7 of Golden Deer and the story mission felt totally like a Dynasty Warriors one, in a good way with a lot of things going on, plans and even a vide of an awesome battle.

Mmmm I feel dumb

can't seem to know how to recruit Dorotea in Azure gleam, the command does not show up and I end up killing her

Help
Are you sure you checked the strategy to recruit the character? Also sometimes you need to wait for the dialogue to end for the command to appear, so if you are too fast you can try waiting a little before fighting the character

I kind of wish I knew ahead of time that there were paralogues! I've been intentionally not recruiting the other house members (Ashen Wolves were fair game) since I figured I'd play as them in future playthrough and that I already lacked the resources to fully keep up to date everyone.

Hope that won't cause me to lose important paralogues... on the positive side, there's a surprising amount of voiced dialogue in cutscenes that refers to the people who did die. Well, so far there's one whose been only acknowledged during camp exploration, but the other two have been well integrated in main cutscenes. It's more effort than I expected to be honest!

I kind of wish I knew ahead of time that there were paralogues! I've been intentionally not recruiting the other house members (Ashen Wolves were fair game) since I figured I'd play as them in future playthrough and that I already lacked the resources to fully keep up to date everyone.

Hope that won't cause me to lose important paralogues... on the positive side, there's a surprising amount of voiced dialogue in cutscenes that refers to the people who did die. Well, so far there's one whose been only acknowledged during camp exploration, but the other two have been well integrated in main cutscenes. It's more effort than I expected to be honest!
So far on my Golden Deer run while recruiting everyone I possibly can, all of the paralogues have been between characters who are recruited to your army automatically, so you might be OK. Only on chapter 10 so far so can't say for certain it'll stay that way.

Also I've found it Ok keeping everyone relatively at a competitive level. Characters can easily get through battles a while being a good 5-10 levels below the recommendation. It only really affects your ability to S-rank. My only issue has been improving buildings, as the resources are limited and if you miss an improvement it's often a real grind involving smithing stones to get what you need.

Finished chapter 7 of Golden Deer and the story mission felt totally like a Dynasty Warriors one, in a good way with a lot of things going on, plans and even a vide of an awesome battle.

Are you sure you checked the strategy to recruit the character? Also sometimes you need to wait for the dialogue to end for the command to appear, so if you are too fast you can try waiting a little before fighting the character

Thanks, will try

It’s unfortunate how much of the discourse around the Black Eagles is centered around Edelgard, when Hubert is secretly the best character in Fire Emblem.

So far on my Golden Deer run while recruiting everyone I possibly can, all of the paralogues have been between characters who are recruited to your army automatically, so you might be OK. Only on chapter 10 so far so can't say for certain it'll stay that way.

Also I've found it Ok keeping everyone relatively at a competitive level. Characters can easily get through battles a while being a good 5-10 levels below the recommendation. It only really affects your ability to S-rank. My only issue has been improving buildings, as the resources are limited and if you miss an improvement it's often a real grind involving smithing stones to get what you need.
Yeah that’s why I got the supply master hunting party that gives you a bonus after every battle

It’s unfortunate how much of the discourse around the Black Eagles is centered around Edelgard, when Hubert is secretly the best character in Fire Emblem.
Well because the discourse centers around Edelgard's morals

Hubert's a magnificent bastard and proud of it, there's nothing to discuss

I love Hubert, he’s a greasy, over dramatic nerd who always gets the best interactions with other characters. His C support with Hapi is just him being a doofus with no people skills and it’s great.

I love Hubert, he’s a greasy, over dramatic nerd who always gets the best interactions with other characters. His C support with Hapi is just him being a doofus with no people skills and it’s great.
I enjoyed his support with Bernadetta. Their personalities coming together makes for good comedy.

Glad this forum acknowledges Hubert supremacy.

Anyways in the Blue Lions route I am super happy that the Duscur people and plotline have way better follow through. We learn a lot more about them, bigger strides are made to get their land back earlier and
Rodrigue leaving his position as Duke to work with Dedue
makes it feel way more involved. I'm also glad that Felix and Dedue seem to be on much better terms and tend to gang up on Dimitri when he overworks himself.

Chapter 11 of Golden Deer and schemes were schemed by Claude.

Also I already passed the 23 hours mark so one route is already longer than Touken Ranbu Musou (and that one is one of the recent longest musou). It seems its going to be on par with Warriors Orochi 3 (40+ hours)

So I was able to recruit Byleth and Jeralt last night. Seemed like a fairly convulted way of getting them compared to the other characters you can recruit, but I guess it makes sense and it does add a bit more challenge to proceedings.

But whew Byleth is a monster in this game. They just wreck everything that enters their path. And their Divine Pulse ability is OP

Also great that you can finally control Jeralt. Overall this game is doing a great job of filling in any gaps from Three Houses while sprinkling in some nice touches of fanservice

Hapi with a Levin Sword is absolutely cracked in mid-game. Mine had great magic growths plus I gave her a few boosting items and she's got great DPS. Probably won't last until late game but I love it atm

I was somewhat mixed on the demo for this game but the full thing has me hooked. While I think the combat is significantly weaker than Age of Calamity the more in-depth progression and all the stuff you can do at base really add a lot to the experience. And even the combat's grown on me

I like how the paralogue forces me to use character I otherwise wouldn't have!
It has made me appreciate the combat style of certain characters a bit more!

I am just having such a huge blast with this game, I get fully immersed in every battle, giving out orders and keeping track of everything during the battles.
This is definitely my favorite Musou game I've played thus far!!

Edit:
Does anyone know how long a paralogue stays available to do? Like do they stay available after you clear the chapter they show up in?

Last edited:
I like how the paralogue forces me to use character I otherwise wouldn't have!
It has made me appreciate the combat style of certain characters a bit more!

I am just having such a huge blast with this game, I get fully immersed in every battle, giving out orders and keeping track of everything during the battles.
This is definitely my favorite Musou game I've played thus far!!

Edit:
Does anyone know how long a paralogue stays available to do? Like do they stay available after you clear the chapter they show up in?
All of mine have stayed available past the chapter they appear yes.

I've posted in the dedicated thread, but is not that populated/visited
btw, PM me if you could be interested in a EU eShop code (to be sold)

Game is VERY GOOD imho; pretty solid Warriors imho!

Over 30 hours in with Black Eagles. I want to play all the routes, but I might slow down my pace after this one to avoid burning out. It leaves me wondering how in the world I ended up doing each path in Three Houses consecutively, haha. It probably has to do with the gameplay loop.

I really like the story missions and most of the paralogues, but the others have started dragging a bit. I might just do minimal side quests as I get closer to the end.

The thing with the sidequests is that they are pretty much the same that were in history mode in FEW, with exception of the arena missions, just integrated in the story and I don't remember a lot of complaints for those (or the adventure maps in HW). Most of them are really short which makes sense if you want to grind for materials

Kinda shocked by how good this is

KT could just make a standard Warriors game and slap a skin on it for whatever franchise it's for, but man, they've really been going the extra mile with these games to emulate the source material

My only complaint is only having four controllable characters per mission seems like hardly any. I got all these characters I like to use and a lot of them are probably gonna get ignored

I seem to be constantly falling behind with leveling. Even with the facility upgrades, it's still more expensive than I would like. I wish units would level up faster in battle to make up for that.

I seem to be constantly falling behind with leveling. Even with the facility upgrades, it's still more expensive than I would like. I wish units would level up faster in battle to make up for that.
I feel this too but fwiw a few levels underleveled still seems fine for the missions, like I haven’t really had any difficulty

Though I am on normal

Yeah, same. I've found myself redoing battles for S Rank mostly just to grind for money

Over 30 hours in with Black Eagles. I want to play all the routes, but I might slow down my pace after this one to avoid burning out. It leaves me wondering how in the world I ended up doing each path in Three Houses consecutively, haha. It probably has to do with the gameplay loop.

I really like the story missions and most of the paralogues, but the others have started dragging a bit. I might just do minimal side quests as I get closer to the end.
Yeah I think I simply only have time for 1 route right now, because I wanna get through Xenogears and Future Connected prior to XC3

The other routes should be some nice comfort food during some slow months for releases

I've gotten into a good flow with getting S ranks in almost every battle. The thing that was holding me back earlier was not defeating enough enemies, but using more warrior specials has helped.

I'm getting most side missions as well. I've learned to spread out my units even if there's nothing going on in some places, because chances are something will randomly spawn.

Played more of this game (Chapter 11 now) and to be quite honest.........it's reminding me of why I avoid "Warriors" titles (or do we only call them "Mousou" nowadays? Ugh, you damn wine snobs. Very "Hua hua hua! "Croissant" is pronounced WITHOUT THE TEEEEEEE!" air about it. Inspector Mouseau! I don't eat bread!!! Yeah yeah. Anyways.

The reality is, the gameplay in this thing is completely breakably obviously brain-dead. I don't actually like action games much, but even so this is a bit much. The trope is true. Xxxxxxxxyyyyyyy. And yet...it goes on forever.

I mean, let's be real. I had a moment of doubt about 15 minutes in for picking "Classic" then never thought about it ever again. No one will ever die. This game is stupid easy. I've used about 4 vulinaries and I haven't stopped literally once to grind or anything that would explain someone saying otherwise. The game is dumb.

In the first map you'll think about strategy. In the 12th, you'll run the same playbook. By 50, you'll be realizing that "strategy" in this context means that you don't have to walk in order to mash buttons and win.

I mean has anyone not figured out the winning strategy in this game? Go to a map and tell everyone where to go. Flip up to switch between characters that arrived at their target and then absolutely obliterate everything in front of you with the same combo you always use. You, for some reason, also have a less effective combo. But....you know. You'll figure out to use this other, better, combo that literally never will ever not work.

When the enemy stops and armors and won't get killed by your combo, use one of your skills instead of waiting. You could use these counter things or whatever, but there is never a reason to do so. By the way, leave this same character who could destroy the whole map solo for 10 seconds and they'll take four hundred years to conquer a single enemy. Awesome. Alternatively, you can take control of them and kill five million enemies simultaneously, winning it all in about 45 seconds with meter to spare. Decisions.

Oh no! Characters appeared somewhere on a map that you don't have someone near? No worries, literally everything will always work out even if you ignore the Shez-warp. Besides, chances are good that the other three playable characters are standing around picking their underwear anyways because everything about the map that you don't control is kinda, well...........useless. Whew. So good. Stra. Te. Gy.

Yeah ok, look. I get it. It's power-fantasyish "enough," and more importantly - "Wow! You got a new level/weapon/skill/whateverrandomshit"ish enough to make you wander around in menus for the next 30 minutes watching numbers change "enough" to get the blood flowing and all. But I can't escape the fact that the crux of this game is that we're supposed to be so attached to these characters that we actually care, And, damn. I'm just...I just can't.

The characters we have here are almost all totally interchangeable. TOTALLY Interchangeable. I've exhausted the class tree. And wait..........that's....it? Alright, then. Ok, honestly. Then who cares? I have a new graphic skin on the literal same moveset? That's it? That's what we care about? I'm supposed to care when I murder up these same characters that I already killed in various three houses playthroughs because I don't need yet another archer or whatever? That's the hook?

Yeah. Apparently.

I know everyone will probably climb on and hate me for this bummer of a post in an official thread, but I'm just trying to figure out why this game exists. Three Houses was already a "here's a basic scenario we threw together and then made a million "what if" stories about." And, frankly, wasn't that crazy good at it. Why do I care about one more? For the brand new unlockable conversations between one-dimmensional cardboard stereotypes? Anyone feeling that?

I mean, dude, I'm kinda good on reading your 200 word fanfic about "Ferdinand" meets "Raphael" for, well.....literal ever.

With that said, I'm honestly wondering if some other choices got me to playable Catherine earlier.

Fuck. It worked. God, I'm exactly the target market for this shitty game. FUCK I BOUGHT IT.

Damnit.

So, uh...I guess that happened? Did they just run out of time? I just can't wrap my head around how every single route ends on a "the war continues" cliffhanger, if it can even be called that. Absolutely no closure whatsoever. And the resolution to the Arval/Shez plotline is absolutely terrible, I barely have a clue as to what Epimenides plan was beyond him probably being an Agarthan. Is Arval a separate personality from Epimenides? Why didn't he get any form of closure with Shez? And why the hell were Byleth and Sothis completely uninvolved in the Zahras chapter? It honestly feels like the writers just sorta forgot about the whole Shez/Byleth subplot, threw in a rushed conclusion, and then didn't have time to actually finish the main story.

It's not the end of the world, because the politics of the war itself and the additional character development were always the main draws of the story, and they deliver on that in spades, or at the very least they do in Golden Wildfire (Haven't played the other routes yet, but I know they both also end on the same form of cliffhanger). But it's still a complete wet fart of an ending that kills any momentum the story had up to that point.

Story gripes aside, there are a few other issues I have with the game.
  • The flexibility of the class system is awesome, but I don't like how rigid the upgrade trees are. It's weird not being able to class from a Paladin to a Bow Knight, a Mage to a Dark Knight or Dancer, a Bishop to a Trickster, a Brigand to a War Master, etc. They got too strict with the weapons defining movesets, which is really odd considering that the basic Fighter class has three unique movesets. No reason why Master Classes can't have access to separate movesets.
  • Also sucks that we didn't even get the full class roster. Hero would've provided another Axe class (which the game desperately needs), War Cleric would've provided another Grappler moveset (only having 1 across the entire game is ridiculous, even though it was ultimately one of my favorites), and Valkyrie and Dark Flier would've gone a long way to help manage the glut of characters that prefer to class into Tomes.
  • I'm guessing Relics were designed to be utilized more in NG+, but it's kinda ridiculous how easily they get outclassed early on. You hardly get any Umbral Steel until endgame, and you won't be able to fully unleash the Relics until late game anyway, making them pretty much worthless for the brunt of the game.
  • The soundtrack to this game is incredible, the best of the Warriors games since the first Hyrule Warriors and probably my favorite of the four overall. But the lack of a music select option is terrible. You end up hearing the same 7 battle tracks in every Side Quest, Paralogue, and even in some of the Main Quests, while the remixes show up, at best, twice per route. Hell, Corridors of the Tempest shows up just once in the entire game. I don't mean to knock the new music, it's great stuff, but the default music distribution is just so bad. Considering that Three Houses had a music selection option, it's a joke that Three Hopes doesn't.
  • Character recruitment is weird. It's one thing to recruit during the Academy Phase and have them join your side during the War Phase, but having characters just immediately drop allegiance and join your side with no consequences is bizarre, especially since they draw the line for certain characters. Feels like they should've just drawn the line at the Ashen Wolves and any other characters not affiliated with any of the houses or the Church.
  • I know that development is never as easy as just plopping an asset in and calling it a day, but why on earth are certain characters not playable? Alois in particular stands out, considering that he always joins the crew as long as you recruit Byleth, but is never playable. I get that they aren't all that popular, but Alois, Hanneman, Cyril, Gilbert, and Anna all should be playable. Really worried they're gonna dangle them as DLC, just like they did in the first game.
This all sounds negative, but I really enjoyed the game overall. Definitely my favorite Nintendo Warriors yet. It's just frustrating to see them finally get the Warriors aspect of the game right, only to bungle a lot of relatively easy things. This game needed more time in the oven.

Played more of this game (Chapter 11 now) and to be quite honest.........it's reminding me of why I avoid "Warriors" titles (or do we only call them "Mousou" nowadays? Ugh, you damn wine snobs. Very "Hua hua hua! "Croissant" is pronounced WITHOUT THE TEEEEEEE!" air about it. Inspector Mouseau! I don't eat bread!!! Yeah yeah. Anyways.

The reality is, the gameplay in this thing is completely breakably obviously brain-dead. I don't actually like action games much, but even so this is a bit much. The trope is true. Xxxxxxxxyyyyyyy. And yet...it goes on forever.

I mean, let's be real. I had a moment of doubt about 15 minutes in for picking "Classic" then never thought about it ever again. No one will ever die. This game is stupid easy. I've used about 4 vulinaries and I haven't stopped literally once to grind or anything that would explain someone saying otherwise. The game is dumb.

In the first map you'll think about strategy. In the 12th, you'll run the same playbook. By 50, you'll be realizing that "strategy" in this context means that you don't have to walk in order to mash buttons and win.

I mean has anyone not figured out the winning strategy in this game? Go to a map and tell everyone where to go. Flip up to switch between characters that arrived at their target and then absolutely obliterate everything in front of you with the same combo you always use. You, for some reason, also have a less effective combo. But....you know. You'll figure out to use this other, better, combo that literally never will ever not work.

When the enemy stops and armors and won't get killed by your combo, use one of your skills instead of waiting. You could use these counter things or whatever, but there is never a reason to do so. By the way, leave this same character who could destroy the whole map solo for 10 seconds and they'll take four hundred years to conquer a single enemy. Awesome. Alternatively, you can take control of them and kill five million enemies simultaneously, winning it all in about 45 seconds with meter to spare. Decisions.

Oh no! Characters appeared somewhere on a map that you don't have someone near? No worries, literally everything will always work out even if you ignore the Shez-warp. Besides, chances are good that the other three playable characters are standing around picking their underwear anyways because everything about the map that you don't control is kinda, well...........useless. Whew. So good. Stra. Te. Gy.

Yeah ok, look. I get it. It's power-fantasyish "enough," and more importantly - "Wow! You got a new level/weapon/skill/whateverrandomshit"ish enough to make you wander around in menus for the next 30 minutes watching numbers change "enough" to get the blood flowing and all. But I can't escape the fact that the crux of this game is that we're supposed to be so attached to these characters that we actually care, And, damn. I'm just...I just can't.

The characters we have here are almost all totally interchangeable. TOTALLY Interchangeable. I've exhausted the class tree. And wait..........that's....it? Alright, then. Ok, honestly. Then who cares? I have a new graphic skin on the literal same moveset? That's it? That's what we care about? I'm supposed to care when I murder up these same characters that I already killed in various three houses playthroughs because I don't need yet another archer or whatever? That's the hook?

Yeah. Apparently.

I know everyone will probably climb on and hate me for this bummer of a post in an official thread, but I'm just trying to figure out why this game exists. Three Houses was already a "here's a basic scenario we threw together and then made a million "what if" stories about." And, frankly, wasn't that crazy good at it. Why do I care about one more? For the brand new unlockable conversations between one-dimmensional cardboard stereotypes? Anyone feeling that?

I mean, dude, I'm kinda good on reading your 200 word fanfic about "Ferdinand" meets "Raphael" for, well.....literal ever.

With that said, I'm honestly wondering if some other choices got me to playable Catherine earlier.

Fuck. It worked. God, I'm exactly the target market for this shitty game. FUCK I BOUGHT IT.

Damnit.
A lot of the complaints here seem to be with the difficulty. Are you playing on Normal or Hard? Because Hard mode has had me pretty much on the edge of a party wipe a couple times now, but maybe I'm just bad at the game

Anyways, game exists because people like Three Houses, and people like Musou games. Not too hard to figure out

Yeah. Apparently.

Damnit.
I can see all of these complaints but I finally get to control Edelgard and juggle people with her axe and it’s just comfort food

Back
Top Bottom