• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

Japanese website for the game has more details.

- when you finish the DLC story the new units in the DLC campaign will join you in the main quest and you can have supports with them

- two new character classes added. One has your unit use a cannon to fire long range projectiles. The other is a merchant who specializes in items and weapons.
That's a shame it's only the two classes, they're the Enchanter and Mage Cannon that appear as enemies in the DLC maps.

So one class is that armor mage cannon one that you can already see as an enemy in Veronica's DLC map.

Dunno, i'm a bit bummed about those classes.

If anything, they should've added a promotion class for Thieves.

I actually think only Alear is getting pulled into a different world. You'll probably have to recruit the mirror version of the characters in the story.
I doubt that, the trailer had Hortensia vs Hortensia and Fogado vs Fogado

I actually think only Alear is getting pulled into a different world. You'll probably have to recruit the mirror version of the characters in the story.
Maybe, but I don't think they would show Hortensia and Fogado fighting themselves in the trailer (with what sounds like battle conversations with themselves) if the main versions weren't also involved.

Maybe, but I don't think they would show Hortensia and Fogado fighting themselves in the trailer (with what sounds like battle conversations with themselves) if the main versions weren't also involved.
I could see it being Alear at first and the lords come to rescue them at some point, which gives them a little it more control over the difficulty and would force you to try the new units (and classes?).

I also wouldn't be surprised if you just get to bring your full squad anyway.

I wonder if Anna would do well with that Enchanter class. She does have a somewhat solid Mag growth and it kinda fits her character's theme and story better than any of the regular axe fighter promotions.

Shadow world huh? Interesting concept, I felt the four lords too nice people, it'll be cool to see the complete opposites of them. Personally, I liked the jerk Alcryst and "kill everyone" Diamant. And of course Hortensia will "cute off" with her shadow self.

Three of the hounds had face turns too, except... Mauvier. Mauvier is just Mauvier.

Jeez, all DLC waves released less than 3 months after the main game came out.
Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War remake is probably gonna get announced this year at least. September Direct (or June Direct?) will be very interesting.

Hapi ended up being my favourite female Three Houses character, so I'm definitely open to recruiting DLC characters in main game.

I doubt that, the trailer had Hortensia vs Hortensia and Fogado vs Fogado
ah I saw that now, I missed it in first viewing. That's kind of lame but I guess they're going the cindered shadow route with a set group of main game units plus the new ones.

I dont know about that. Remember this game was done a while ago so its not so much as lets get this out quickly as "we dont have to wait half a year to release this". I think FE 4 gets announced this year but its an early 2024 game.
I know all this content is already done but it's weird that they're not pacing themselves in the same way as the other dlc pack.
the threehouses one was released in about 6 months, this dlc pack will be done in just 2.
Btw I also think an fe4 remake will probably be announced this year for an early 2024 release.

Hapi ended up being my favourite female Three Houses character, so I'm definitely open to recruiting DLC characters in main game.
I loved all of the Ashen Wolves, so the bar is high here.

I'm honestly kind of sad that it looks like 3 of them will essentially be the Hounds instead of wholly new.

I guess this is going to be roughly equal in length to Cindered Shadows along with a limited roster? It's wild we'll be fighting alternate universe versions of the royals.

ah I saw that now, I missed it in first viewing. That's kind of lame but I guess they're going the cindered shadow route with a set group of main game units plus the new ones.
I'm not sure about that...

Seems like you can go in with your full team, but their numbers will be predetermined (probably so they didn't have to make multiple versions scaled to where you are in the story).

I'm excited for this. It seems like a fun snack sized Fire Emblem

lol at them rushing through the DLC like that. Not particulary interested in the extra content since I'm pretty much done with this game.

People speculating that Nintendo might announce FE4 this year because of that. Personally, I feel like the franchise could use a break for like 1.5-2 years. Watch scrimblo-fanatics lose their shits for good when Nintendo ONCE AGAIN opens a direct with a FE project lol.

When the direct showed the Wave 4 content already with English voice acting and on screen text. I figured it was super close.

No that there's evidence, but I'm guessing Nintendo held back on Engage's release in part because Three Hopes was also in dev and they probably wanted the Fodlan games all out and wrapped before moving on to marketing Engage.

I mean I agree that this indicates that Nintendo indeed sat on the game for a while. But they could still space the waves a bit out to keep the game a bit longer in everyone's mind and maybe help the game's legs out sales-wise. Dropping all the waves in such a quick succession (and so close to the release) is a bit curious to me.

I mean I agree that this indicates that Nintendo indeed sat on the game for a while. But they could still space the waves a bit out to keep the game a bit longer in everyone's mind and maybe help the game's legs out sales-wise. Dropping all the waves in such a quick succession (and so close to the release) is a bit curious to me.
The content of the individual waves doesn't feel like it would have done that much. The primary content of the first three waves was Emblem Bracelets and individual Paralogues. I'm not sure what sort of excitement would be generated by, say, Hector, Soren, and Camilla releasing in May, Chrom, Robin and Veronica in August, and the Fell Xenologue in November.

Nice, definitely wasn't expecting a Wave 4 trailer today, glad it's releasing so soon!

Btw, is it just me, or do the graphics look even better than the base game?

Seems like this wave will be our last shot at a New Game+ option being added. Crossing my fingers but I’m not really expecting it at this point.
Broke: New Game+
Woke: A new difficulty even harder than Maddening
Bespoke: IS plz let us wear Somniel costumes on maps

The DLC sure was released in rapidfire speed :v

.....Does that potentially mean that there could be another FE announcement in the usual Summer or Autumn Direct?

The DLC sure was released in rapidfire speed :v

.....Does that potentially mean that there could be another FE announcement in the usual Summer or Autumn Direct?
Even if there is not, it really feels like Nintendo is intentionally leaving the second half of the year empty. Wonder why...

The content of the individual waves doesn't feel like it would have done that much. The primary content of the first three waves was Emblem Bracelets and individual Paralogues. I'm not sure what sort of excitement would be generated by, say, Hector, Soren, and Camilla releasing in May, Chrom, Robin and Veronica in August, and the Fell Xenologue in November.

I agree, they wouldn't have, but that's just how Nintendo has been doing season passes on switch for their major single player games with season passes Three houses, xeno 2 and 3, and now engage. Sort of Botw as well, even if it was only one small release and then a large gap to the expansion. A bunch of smaller content leading to a larger expansion.

They don't typically announce the bulk of their releases for the second half of the year until roughly E3 time.
They do always have at least one thing known early in the year for the second half of the year. Last year we had Bayo and Pokémon SV and the year before we had BDSP. This year all they have is SV DLC and they're not even sure when the second part will release.

They do always have at least one thing known early in the year for the second half of the year. Last year we had Bayo and Pokémon SV and the year before we had BDSP. This year all they have is SV DLC and they're not even sure when the second part will release.

Xenoblade 3s massive expansion that presumably rivals Torna the golden country is due the back half of this year as well.

Broke: New Game+
Woke: A new difficulty even harder than Maddening
Bespoke: IS plz let us wear Somniel costumes on maps
As someone who's still on their first playthrough this is genuinely my most wanted addition, lol. NG+ is probably a more necessary addition, but I just wanna play Fashion Emblem

Xenoblade 3s massive expansion that presumably rivals Torna the golden country is due the back half of this year as well.
Inb4 xenoblade chronicles 3 dlc wave 4 comes out june 9, preorders tomorrow.
They also have splatoon 3 dlc part 2.
I'm not sure about that...

Seems like you can go in with your full team, but their numbers will be predetermined (probably so they didn't have to make multiple versions scaled to where you are in the story).

I'm excited for this. It seems like a fun snack sized Fire Emblem

Ok wow, so I guess this story will be after the main game story if you can use all the units? Or I guess they'll just give a non descriptive stretch of time of you can start the new campaign at any time and with all units possible. I wonder how they'll connect it all.

I'm so excited that the DLC campaign is releasing so soon! I thought I'd be waiting a lot longer. It's going to be great getting some story with all the DLC emblems.

Honestly excited for this. Should be finished with Metroid Prime Remastered by the time it comes out. Haven't done the Wave 3 content yet so I'll get to that, too.

lol at them rushing through the DLC like that. Not particulary interested in the extra content since I'm pretty much done with this game.

People speculating that Nintendo might announce FE4 this year because of that. Personally, I feel like the franchise could use a break for like 1.5-2 years. Watch scrimblo-fanatics lose their shits for good when Nintendo ONCE AGAIN opens a direct with a FE project lol.

This game was already finished in 2021. So they really don't need a break at this point. Especially for a remake it would have been in development for around 3 years at least if it will release in early 2024.

Ok wow, so I guess this story will be after the main game story if you can use all the units? Or I guess they'll just give a non descriptive stretch of time of you can start the new campaign at any time and with all units possible. I wonder how they'll connect it all.

It will likely be a seperate mission/mode you start at Somniel. It's just an alternative world, so the real timing doesn't really matter. Based on this:

I don't know if you've finished the story, but it's definitely not set after the ending of the main campaign given,

the emblems all go away at the end.

That's how pretty much most Nintendo Season Passes are structured, at least when it comes to single-player games. Hell, I'd say the first few waves of Engage's SP are meatier/more meaningful than Three Houses'. Extending the breaks between the waves will encourage people to hold longer to their copies instead of throwing it to the resale market so soon after release.
Also, keeping Engage longer in the conversation & everyone's mind by prolonging the SP output (and thus the general marketing of the game) would indeed help the longivity of the games' sales.

Speaking of, do we know how this game is doing sales-wise?

This game was already finished in 2021. So they really don't need a break at this point. Especially for a remake it would have been in development for around 3 years at least if it will release in early 2024.
You misunderstood. I ain't talking about IntSys needing a break (not that I would be against it).

do we knoe if the new Story will just be one new single chapter/mission/map?
it's definitely more than one map/chapter, we saw new maps and they confirmed multiple chapters, I think the cindered shadow campaign in threehouses was like 7 chapters so I'd expect this one to be in the same ballpark.

It's a campaign of an as yet undetermined number of chapters.

it's definitely more than one map/chapter, we saw new maps and they confirmed multiple chapters, I think the cindered shadow campaign in threehouses was like 7 chapters so I'd expect this one to be in the same ballpark.

thank you guys
I asked because the PR described it as "New Chapter" so I was confused (considering the in-game naming for "chapters" is basically 1 map)

Well finally got the DLC and the first ever frame drops I experienced happened in Tiki's map, as well as finding out characters can die in Classic during these maps... Now that I've beaten the game, I might just switch the difficulty of my finished save to Normal, I wanna use the characters and not deal with these headache inducing maps.

Well finally got the DLC and the first ever frame drops I experienced happened in Tiki's map, as well as finding out characters can die in Classic during these maps... Now that I've beaten the game, I might just switch the difficulty of my finished save to Normal, I wanna use the characters and not deal with these headache inducing maps.
That is fair, especially since the difficulty balancing of the Divine Paralogues is dependent on your game progress. If you play Tiki's Paralogue when you're late in the game, it's going to be a much harder time.

I'm arguing with myself to finish the game before the DLC or not. I think i'm before the last chapter, last one i did was the one with:

Corrupted Lumera and the third and last of those Fell Dragon Stones/Seals.

On one hand i kinda want to play around with the new classes and chars, on the other hand it's not like they're going to be useful or matter given i have my "set" selection of characters who're either close to promoted lvl 20 or already did the second promotion after reaching lvl 20.

One thing is certain, i won't be replaying Engage anytime soon, too much other stuff to play before Zelda inevitably takes all attention for weeks come May.

That is fair, especially since the difficulty balancing of the Divine Paralogues is dependent on your game progress. If you play Tiki's Paralogue when you're late in the game, it's going to be a much harder time.

Oh god, i can't imagine playing Tiki or Camilla's DLC maps late in the game then, they were annoying enough already when i did them earlier in my progress.

Yo. The ending vocal theme is pretty great.

I think it’s the best the series has had. Fits well in English as well with the flow.

Wish I liked the story more, near the end it had better stuff going for it. Especially could’ve handle the four hounds better after finishing their arc, they had something way better at the end, could’ve done the rest better for the conclusion they got. I feel like even the Fell Dragon had something at the end that was interesting that.

Even the final battle wasn’t annoying or a spectacle like I thought it would be. And liked the fight better for it as well. Like, the best parts of engage’s writing was at the end parts. But only in isolation, could’ve handled how things lead up to the end and gotten a better story. In the end, it is what it is. I had fun playing the game at least.

Still. Ending theme with the credits was very well done. Kudos

Binding Blade will be hitting the Japanese GBA app soon I imagine... Hope the US gets Blazing Blade soon.

Binding Blade will be hitting the Japanese GBA app soon I imagine... Hope the US gets Blazing Blade soon.
Kinda hoped they'd localize the game exclusively for NSO. Roy's theme in Engage was my favorite, it's the one that plays in all my skirmishes.

Back
Top Bottom