• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

I mean, that's a massive caveat because Tiki give huge stat buffs of +15% to whoever is holding her emblem (and, you know, is dlc).

You're still throwing away an opportunity to have given the Tiki emblem to quite frankly, a better unit who would benefit even more by virtue of not being disappointingly weak in their offensive stat to start with.
It is an extreme example, but it's also literally did with her. 😅

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I think I'll go Griffin Knight and then maybe give her Tiki or Eirika (once I get her) + maybe some stat boosters. I get that it might not be optimal, but Chloé is one of my favorites so far and I want to try to keep her viable.

It is an extreme example, but it's also literally did with her. 😅

Personally, If I was going to do a second playthrough, now with the DLC, I'd definitely give alear Tiki until you get Corrins ring.

I think with the SP books you get from having the DLC, you get enough to have two people just outright inherit starsphere which is probably optimal over giving someone early Canter, and can salvage Chloe. (Though my gut feeling would still be to give it to Alear and Louis since they're the most useful early game units)

Man I have to say idk how I feel about the game after Chapter 11:

The game is honestly extremely easy up though Chapter 11, because you have all those Emblem Rings. The game was so easy, in fact, that I was using every single one of my units and trying to level them pretty evenly. Then the game pulls the rug out from under you and takes away all of your Emblem Rings and you're left with only two, and all of your leveling on these rings is now gone. So I'm at a point around chapter 13-14 where a lot of my units just feel extremely weak because they're not as high a level as they should be. I wasted Master Seals on units I don't even want to use anymore and I'm suddenly at a point where I wish I had given them to better units that I now actually plan on focusing on since the game was basically flipped on its head suddenly and the general balancing the game had displayed for over 10 chapters is suddenly completely gone.

I used a Master Seal on Jade because she needed the help and figured I'd just class up Louis later since he seems to be a much better unit. Now my level 15 Louis is still better than my classed up Jade but I wish I had just used the damn thing on Louis instead because he's much weaker than he should be because of it. I used a Master Seal on Celine because she is an atrocious unit without Celica carrying her. Now I wish I hadn't because now she can't use Celica she's completely worthless (she in her promotion class, has 26 HP, and doesn't have a single stat over 14 besides Lck, and she was over level 15 when I promoted her). I think I got unlucky with Chloe because she's by far the worst Pegasus Knight I've had in this series it feels like (not effective as an evasion tank, not enough Res to laugh at magic enemies, the lack of overwhelming speed + a bad Def stat makes her way too fragile to be effective, and she doesn't hit nearly hard enough). Basically all of my good units are at base class level 15 and all of my terrible units used up the Master Seals lol. I invested in them because I wanted to try making them as good as the others. Now it's coming back to bite me in a major way.

I would not at all look at these chapters I'm currently looking at and say the game is too difficult. If I had played this game like a typical Fire Emblem game where I just picked a certain stack of units to focus on I'm pretty sure I'd be having no issues. But the very sudden shift the game displays at that point is pretty dumb. Genuinely tempted to just restart the game because this is pretty obnoxious trying to crawl through these chapters until I can buy unlimited Master Seals and fix my team. The worst part is that my skirmishes are super high level fights now (even harder than the story fights) because I was clearing them when I actually had my Emblem Rings and trying to level up all the characters in the game evenly. Mistakes were definitely made. Just feels stupid to me that the game set a certain expectation of how you'd be playing the game and then was like "lol jk." Probably gonna try to struggle through but it's pretty obnoxious.

Man I have to say idk how I feel about the game after Chapter 11:

The game is honestly extremely easy up though Chapter 11, because you have all those Emblem Rings. The game was so easy, in fact, that I was using every single one of my units and trying to level them pretty evenly. Then the game pulls the rug out from under you and takes away all of your Emblem Rings and you're left with only two, and all of your leveling on these rings is now gone. So I'm at a point around chapter 13-14 where a lot of my units just feel extremely weak because they're not as high a level as they should be. I wasted Master Seals on units I don't even want to use anymore and I'm suddenly at a point where I wish I had given them to better units that I now actually plan on focusing on since the game was basically flipped on its head suddenly and the general balancing the game had displayed for over 10 chapters is suddenly completely gone.

I used a Master Seal on Jade because she needed the help and figured I'd just class up Louis later since he seems to be a much better unit. Now my level 15 Louis is still better than my classed up Jade but I wish I had just used the damn thing on Louis instead because he's much weaker than he should be because of it. I used a Master Seal on Celine because she is an atrocious unit without Celica carrying her. Now I wish I hadn't because now she can't use Celica she's completely worthless (she in her promotion class, has 26 HP, and doesn't have a single stat over 14 besides Lck, and she was over level 15 when I promoted her). I think I got unlucky with Chloe because she's by far the worst Pegasus Knight I've had in this series it feels like (not effective as an evasion tank, not enough Res to laugh at magic enemies, the lack of overwhelming speed + a bad Def stat makes her way too fragile to be effective, and she doesn't hit nearly hard enough). Basically all of my good units are at base class level 15 and all of my terrible units used up the Master Seals lol. I invested in them because I wanted to try making them as good as the others. Now it's coming back to bite me in a major way.

I would not at all look at these chapters I'm currently looking at and say the game is too difficult. If I had played this game like a typical Fire Emblem game where I just picked a certain stack of units to focus on I'm pretty sure I'd be having no issues. But the very sudden shift the game displays at that point is pretty dumb. Genuinely tempted to just restart the game because this is pretty obnoxious trying to crawl through these chapters until I can buy unlimited Master Seals and fix my team. The worst part is that my skirmishes are super high level fights now (even harder than the story fights) because I was clearing them when I actually had my Emblem Rings and trying to level up all the characters in the game evenly. Mistakes were definitely made. Just feels stupid to me that the game set a certain expectation of how you'd be playing the game and then was like "lol jk." Probably gonna try to struggle through but it's pretty obnoxious.
I was more or less in the same situation as you. Remember that if you get game over (that is, you run out of rewind and Alear dies) you can restart the chapter keeping the exp, and that in "training" skirmishes, no character dies, even on Classic Mode.

I was more or less in the same situation as you. Remember that if you get game over (that is, you run out of rewind and Alear dies) you can restart the chapter keeping the exp, and that in "training" skirmishes, no character dies, even on Classic Mode.
I wasn't aware of this. Should definitely help thanks!

Sorry in advance, Alear.

Everyone else’s Yunaka just completely wrecks shit, right? It’s not just me?
She single-handedly saved my ass during the Tiki paralogue. Held off all those dragon reinforcements all on her own while the rest of my team was working on taking down Tiki. She pretty instantly became my favorite character after that lmao

Granted, I am still pretty early in the game compared to most people here I'm sure, but I imagine she's just gonna continue wrecking things for the foreseeable future.

Hahaha oh man, you gotta love Timerra.

Support convo:
"Hey Divine One, it's Meat o'clock!"

Just gonna make sure you're not close when she and her retainers start to sing.

Mine crits in 70% of her battles, no matter the actual crit % chance. Meanwhile, my units carrying Killer Weapons basically ... never ... crit.

I think she drops off after like chapter 9-10.

In my Maddening play through she struggled with strength and couldn’t even double after a while.

But I didn’t bother reclassing cause I wanted to see how her class works in engage. Pretty boring, a promotion would’ve been cool for thief’s

The biggest things against Yunaka is her personal skill is a bit worse than the other playable their (+15 crit if you have an avoid bonus tile Vs -10 to the enemies hit rate whenever they initiate combat) and her stat growths don't play to the best aspects of thieves; she has a stat spread that's more like some of the mages than a physical unit, and there aren't any magic daggers in the game that she can use. She does have higher magic resistance, but she has lower hp, and mages ignore avoid bonuses from terrain in Engage, they can still rip through her like butter when the other thief has more hp and a better innate avoid because of the personal skill and stat spread, I would still swap them when you get them.

But like all character discussions, this level of pickiness only really matters in maddening and you can make anyone work with no downsides in the lower difficulties because of the ease of access to exp there.

(The second thief will also likely have several levels advantage vs Yunaka on maddening when they join.)

My absolute beast so far has been Diamant
but also Kagetsu and Alcryst rule!

among the rings, I think the strongest is Sigurd

My absolute beast so far has been Diamant
but also Kagetsu and Alcryst rule!

among the rings, I think the strongest is Sigurd
Byleth and Corrin are the most impactful emblem rings I think, (not counting DLC but even then they'd be on top I think). Micaiah gains massive value on maddening.

A fast unit rocking Lyn and equipped with a brave weapon isn't something to snuff at either.

The biggest things against Yunaka is her personal skill is a bit worse than the other playable their (+15 crit if you have an avoid bonus tile Vs -10 to the enemies hit rate whenever they initiate combat) and her stat growths don't play to the best aspects of thieves; she has a stat spread that's more like some of the mages than a physical unit, and there aren't any magic daggers in the game that she can use. She does have higher magic resistance, but she has lower hp, and mages ignore avoid bonuses from terrain in Engage, they can still rip through her like butter when the other thief has more hp and a better innate avoid because of the personal skill and stat spread, I would still swap them when you get them.

But like all character discussions, this level of pickiness only really matters in maddening and you can make anyone work with no downsides in the lower difficulties because of the ease of access to exp there.

(The second thief will also likely have several levels advantage vs Yunaka on maddening when they join.)
In my maddening playtrough I used both thieves with one of them using the corrin emblem and they worked pretty well together, they usually block a good amount of enemies with the corrin vein and by having 2 spaces blocked while the army deals with the rest of the enemies.
I also gave her the micaiah ring for good healing and reward shenanigans while also killing armored units with thank.
The biggest boon for thieves is how good forging daggers are which makes up for how low their strength is.

The biggest boon for thieves is how good forging daggers are which makes up for how low their strength is.
This is a good point in general. Forging can mean the difference between taking down a quarter of an enemy's health versus outright soloing them.

Between forging and Emblems, you can make up for a lot deficiencies that you might otherwise encounter with how the growths roll for you.

Corrin’s gotta be the best emblem in my opinion. Being able to stop enemies movement is pretty powerful in a game like this. And lowering states makes boss fights a breeze no matter how much life stones they got.

Yeah, Corrin is the best emblem by a huge distance; the rest just aren't even in the same ballpark. The sheer utility in being able to change a large chunk of tiles to something of your choice, especially when placed on a Dragon unit, makes Corrin the solution to practically all problems Engage can throw at you.
And then on top of that, they gave Corrin Draconic hex to massively debuff enemies, and Dreadful aura, which stops the enemy targeted from moving for their next turn. And then ON TOP OF THAT, they give you the ability to debuff and freeze up to 10 (13 on Alear) units with Torrential roar, if they're packed close enough together.

The worst thing you can say about Corrin is the Engage weapons suck and the stat boosts don't tend to go well on Alear where you probably want her, but that's like complaining about losing $5, right after you won the lottery jackpot, it doesn't matter.

The next best are Byleth and Micaiah, because getting to dance and buff 4 units and a full map heal once per engage are just generally great. I don't dare order the rest.

Leif however is definitely the worst, and the only Emblem you might want to actively choose not to use for a bond ring.

Yeah Corrin is nuts on a Dragon unit, and still very strong on any other unit type. The control Corrin gives you over the battlefield is unmatched by the other emblems.

Yeah, Corrin is the best emblem by a huge distance; the rest just aren't even in the same ballpark. The sheer utility in being able to change a large chunk of tiles to something of your choice, especially when placed on a Dragon unit, makes Corrin the solution to practically all problems Engage can throw at you.
And then on top of that, they gave Corrin Draconic hex to massively debuff enemies, and Dreadful aura, which stops the enemy targeted from moving for their next turn. And then ON TOP OF THAT, they give you the ability to debuff and freeze up to 10 (13 on Alear) units with Torrential roar, if they're packed close enough together.

The worst thing you can say about Corrin is the Engage weapons suck and the stat boosts don't tend to go well on Alear where you probably want her, but that's like complaining about losing $5, right after you won the lottery jackpot, it doesn't matter.

The next best are Byleth and Micaiah, because getting to dance and buff 4 units and a full map heal once per engage are just generally great. I don't dare order the rest.

Leif however is definitely the worst, and the only Emblem you might want to actively choose not to use for a bond ring.
I generally agree that the top 3 emblems are corrin byleth and micaiah (byleth probably the best because a 4 way dance is just insane) but micaiah's greatest boon is not the great sacrifice but the fact that she boost's every staff which includes warp rescue and rewarp and entrap, you can teleport up to 5 units with some easy set ups with just a rewarp staff or you can warp some bosses to you with the entrap staff and just kill them, it's insane how much you can do with that.
As far as damage emblem's go the eirika one is super good thanks to her skill that makes brave weapons broken, also the ike one gives a ton of crit for some great wrath vantage strats with like panette.

Micaiah has aoe staff fuckery, the army wide full heal but it also gains value as an emblem because it lets you effectively get a LOT of experience quickly on maddening/anywhere if you don't want to do skirmishes. The amount of exp/SP Great Sacrifice gives if you plan around it is really significant, even more so on armor knights who don't even need an ally to be damaged to get exp from the Great Sacrifice heal which is really cool (they build up engage quickly too). Was a lot more valuable before the wishing well but it's still cool to see how people are minmaxing rings like this.

Finally beat the game last night! A great experience, hard to see how anything else this year is going to beat it! Some comments and impressions:

The game has the best incarnation of the Fire Emblem; that is, me (Alear)! I thought it would be difficult to beat the Tokyo Mirage Sessions version, where the Fire Emblem is a musical number, but this went for one of the few things better than that.

Really curious about who the Zero Emblem could possibly be! Probably not a character I care about, but given how unexplained it was, I can't help but wonder. Guess I'll have to wait for the Fell Xenologue to find out!

During the last fight, I didn't get any of the additional Emblem dialogue. I kept matching up the wrong ones. I saw "War Father" and was like, "Oh, that's the Dad from Fates! Better send in Alear with Corrin". Nope! It's Duma! Similar things happened for pretty much all of them. I'll have to YouTube those later.

The ending was nice! I ended up marrying Yunaka, so she got to live a happy gay life with Queen Alear. Some of the other character endings were cute, but what really took me aback was Mauvier. His ending is just like, "one day he just went off and disappeared, probably died or something". Give the poor guy a break!

Looking back, my favorite maps... I loved a lot of the later ones. Had a ton of fun with chapter 23, 24, and 25! I also loved Camilla's DLC map.

That's about it. Loved pretty much everything about the game; it's gay, you can adopt cats, Edelgard is there... oh, and the maps are really good too! Hope we see more of that Xenologue soon!

Finally beat the game last night! A great experience, hard to see how anything else this year is going to beat it! Some comments and impressions:

The game has the best incarnation of the Fire Emblem; that is, me (Alear)! I thought it would be difficult to beat the Tokyo Mirage Sessions version, where the Fire Emblem is a musical number, but this went for one of the few things better than that.

Really curious about who the Zero Emblem could possibly be! Probably not a character I care about, but given how unexplained it was, I can't help but wonder. Guess I'll have to wait for the Fell Xenologue to find out!

During the last fight, I didn't get any of the additional Emblem dialogue. I kept matching up the wrong ones. I saw "War Father" and was like, "Oh, that's the Dad from Fates! Better send in Alear with Corrin". Nope! It's Duma! Similar things happened for pretty much all of them. I'll have to YouTube those later.

The ending was nice! I ended up marrying Yunaka, so she got to live a happy gay life with Queen Alear. Some of the other character endings were cute, but what really took me aback was Mauvier. His ending is just like, "one day he just went off and disappeared, probably died or something". Give the poor guy a break!

Looking back, my favorite maps... I loved a lot of the later ones. Had a ton of fun with chapter 23, 24, and 25! I also loved Camilla's DLC map.

That's about it. Loved pretty much everything about the game; it's gay, you can adopt cats, Edelgard is there... oh, and the maps are really good too! Hope we see more of that Xenologue soon!
I think Mauvier’s was at least some kind of narrative recognition of ’he’s the reasonable bad guy trope, but he did serve the bad guys as a general so is responsible for a hell of a lot of dead people. As such he pays for that at some point.’ Which is something a lot of FE characters kinda get away with, a sort of ‘as long as you’re on team heroes by the end, there’s redemption’. I wonder if it’s possible to have a S-link with him and then have that override his anonymous end :D

When Alear summoned a Emblem to learn to truth about herself, she picked Sigurd. If this is not a hint of an upcoming Genealogy remake, then I don't know what it is. They're making us warm up the main character, lol

I think Mauvier’s was at least some kind of narrative recognition of ’he’s the reasonable bad guy trope, but he did serve the bad guys as a general so is responsible for a hell of a lot of dead people. As such he pays for that at some point.’ Which is something a lot of FE characters kinda get away with, a sort of ‘as long as you’re on team heroes by the end, there’s redemption’. I wonder if it’s possible to have a S-link with him and then have that override his anonymous end :D

Ah yes, the old Camus archetype.

I kinda get it, but... he was actually really nice! I wanted him to get a happy ending. I guess in theory you could marry him to achieve that... but I'll leave that to others. He's not my type!

I kinda get it, but... he was actually really nice! I wanted him to get a happy ending. I guess in theory you could marry him to achieve that... but I'll leave that to others. He's not my type!
Yeah I agree with you, I thought he’d earned some semblance of redemption by the end with his penitent demeanour, seems odd that he’s the only one not allowed a happy ending when plenty of those that previously gleefully served the enemy join the team in every game, including pretty much Ivy’s whole subfaction.

Evil Alcryst be like: FUCK DIAMANT HE SUCKS

I'm glad its coming soon as I didn't buy the Pass yet and wanted the full DLC for my 2nd playthrough.

I like how the game was just released a few months ago and now all of the dlc will be released, game was defintely finshed a milennia ago.

Also notice, the "enemy" royals seem to use the DLC Emblems. Fogado uses Hildskjalf as the weapon in the trailer.

But i gotta say, i'm confused. Is this playing after Engage's story? In a different world? Why do 3 of the 4 Hounds have differnt names and partially color schemes?

So...it's essentially an alternative universe? Idk, I have no faith in the story after experiencing the main game. I'll wait for reviews.

On the bright side, all the DLC being out this fast bodes well for FE4 remake.

Also notice, the "enemy" royals seem to use the DLC Emblems. Fogado uses Hildskjalf as the weapon in the trailer.

But i gotta say, i'm confused. Is this playing after Engage's story? In a different world? Why do 3 of the 4 Hounds have differnt names and partially color schemes?
I believe it's set after the main story, and the 3 different Hounds are simply good, alternate universe versions of them.

2 Weeks from now. Interesting angle for the story.

THEY'RE DOING A MIRROR WORLD STORY, IT'S SUCH A DUMB IDEA THAT IT HAS TO BE GOOD.
I'm actually more interested in this new story than the main game one and I'll probably cave in and buy the dlc.
Also count me in in team fe4 remake announcement this year, with how heavily showed sigurd was in engage and the entire dlc roadmap getting released in 2 month it really feels like they're pushing everything fast to not clash with a new fire emblem announcement.

Huh, thought there would be more differences in design between the DLC story hounds and the main story ones.

It's main story Alear and friends getting pulled into the world where the DLC Emblems originally come from, I think.

Seems like the story being in another universe as teased by the DLC Emblems support convos was in fact the case. Looking forward to playing it for something to do in April.

THEY'RE DOING A MIRROR WORLD STORY, IT'S SUCH A DUMB IDEA THAT IT HAS TO BE GOOD.
I'm actually more interested in this new story than the main game one and I'll probably cave in and buy the dlc.
Also count me in in team fe4 remake announcement this year, with how heavily showed sigurd was in engage and the entire dlc roadmap getting released in 2 month it really feels like they're pushing everything fast to not clash with a new fire emblem announcement.
I dont know about that. Remember this game was done a while ago so its not so much as lets get this out quickly as "we dont have to wait half a year to release this". I think FE 4 gets announced this year but its an early 2024 game.

Huh, thought there would be more differences in design between the DLC story hounds and the main story ones.

It's main story Alear and friends getting pulled into the world where the DLC Emblems originally come from, I think.
I actually think only Alear is getting pulled into a different world. You'll probably have to recruit the mirror version of the characters in the story.

“and that’s how they got the name, Fell Dragon”

I buy it.

Or it turns out it was a mishearing / mistranslation. Sombron said he was a well dragon, but the first person to meet him in Elyos was an old, very loud man who mistook well for fell and then ran away to warn everyone.

Damn old man, you messed up.

I'm so glad they're focusing on the AU!! The dlc characters dialogue snippets had made me curious about it!
The personality changes lets the VA's flex their skills, I love it. XD

The last few seconds of the trailer sounded ominous, feels like they're gonna make us kill the AU cast 🥲
i wonder this is gonna be 3H all over again as in making you fight against beloved characters. XD

Japanese website for the game has more details.

- when you finish the DLC story the new units in the DLC campaign will join you in the main quest and you can have supports with them

- two new character classes added. One has your unit use a cannon to fire long range projectiles. The other is a merchant who specializes in items and weapons.

Japanese website for the game has more details.

- when you finish the DLC story the new units in the DLC campaign will join you in the main quest and you can have supports with them

- two new character classes added. One has your unit use a cannon to fire long range projectiles. The other is a merchant who specializes in items and weapons.
Awww. Only 2 classes?

Darn. Wanted more so I can have a goofier Engage play through.

But cool they still let DLC character in the main story. That was awesome in Three Houses as well

Back
Top Bottom