• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Final Fantasy VII Rebirth developer update (with Summer Game Fest Trailer)

Not really much of a news, they did already say Winter 2023 - 2024 so it makes sense.

I think I'd just be more impressed if a Kitase / Nomura project didn't see huge delays.

Final Fantasy 16 this june, and then FF7 Remake part 2 + FF14 7.0 early next year, what a crazy year for Final Fantasy.

I have a strong feeling that it comes out september 2024. They were probably aiming for winter spring, but that may not be realistic, or it gets a full year push to spring 2025

I just can't see how Sony would pay to lock down FF7 Remake trilogy exclusivity for it to be shown at Summer Games Fest and not their own showcase. As much as the stars seem to be aligning, I don't see how Sony lets that one slip by them.

I just can't see how Sony would pay to lock down FF7 Remake trilogy exclusivity for it to be shown at Summer Games Fest and not their own showcase. As much as the stars seem to be aligning, I don't see how Sony lets that one slip by them.
TLoU Part 1 remake was revealed at SGF last year though.

These updates are basically nothing and seeing some gaming sites post full articles based on this is hilarious.

I wonder how many meetings they've had about the specific difficulties introduced by treating this project as a sequel to, rather than remake of, the original game

I feel like that had to negatively affect the legs

Update #5

It good game
Gotta word it right.

- QUESTION -
What should players expect
of the quality of the
FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH game?

- ANSWER -
Players will experience an
adventure of fantastical scale
that will satisfy FINAL FANTASY VII fans both
old and new alike.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH
Underpaid Janitor
John Sephiroth

I just saw the third one on Twitter and I rushed here to bump the thread had it not been done so lol. These are the most absolutely nothing statements I’ve seen in some time lol.

FF7R2 HAS A PLOT!!! - wow really!?

Sorry everyone I just spoil you the next developer update:
This game has graphics - Shintaro Takai, Art Director

Kingdom Hearts: ~Chain of Narrative Developments~

The story and dialogue of FF7R are dumb and goofy AF but the game itself was a hell of a lot of fun so I can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.

Huh, that's interesting. I imagine it's just a recap or something like that.

Edit: sniped lmao

Maybe S-E should’ve held off on revving the hype engine for Part 2 if they’re so concerned about XVI pre-order numbers 😂

Love the vacuous absurdity of splitting your remake into serialised instalments, releasing a special extra chapter, and then reassuring everyone that the next makes it all fundamentally redundant so don’t worry about it.

I get it, it’s all about ensuring people buy in and don’t feel burdened to prepare for it, but the game still exists. People who “did not get the chance to play” can literally still take that chance. The obsession with making everything a multi entry franchise while simultaneously being afraid to have any of it matter is sublime to me.

We have made preparations.

Love the vacuous absurdity of splitting your remake into serialised instalments, releasing a special extra chapter, and then reassuring everyone that the next makes it all fundamentally redundant so don’t worry about it.

I get it, it’s all about ensuring people buy in and don’t feel burdened to prepare for it, but the game still exists. People who “did not get the chance to play” can literally still take that chance. The obsession with making everything a multi entry franchise while simultaneously being afraid to have any of it matter is sublime to me.

We have made preparations.
I think that it's an absurd proposition even given that it's not a remake

Their handling for the PR of this game is downright bizarre

I get teh feeling that SE didn't really know what to do with the FF7 remake project. fitting all of FF7 into a game like Remake would have been long and costly if they didn't truncate a lot; and SE definitely didn't want to spend so much resources on that, so they just made Midgar and thought to truncate everything else into their own slices while rewriting the story to fit the new design.

but it seems FF7R stopped selling? and that made their plan larger than is sustainable

I always thought something was up when Nier kept getting sales updates and Remake stopped.

SE probably thought Remake was gonna sale much more than it did, still 5 million is pretty good, tho a trouble development and clearly expensive game, might not be good enough. I know some of the discussion was that remake was gonna sale a lot more than 5 million. But that was based off “7’s legacy”. Playing Remake, I didn’t see a game like that exploding in sales. But that could be my own bias of the game.

5M for just Remake is great. excellent even

5M for the larger FF7 project is problematic. I think they wanted something like the 13 trilogy trend, but from a higher starting point, like 10M

Yeah okay, pretty sure these cryptic green words in the FF7R Japanese tweets are related to Zack's story in FF7 Rebirth. And we still have 3 more days to go too!

時期を調整 (fix the time[line])
高い自由 (steep freedom)
運命の行方 (the whereabouts of destiny)
準備 (get ready)

"And we still have 3 more days to go too!"

Ok, where are they getting that from? Because that all but confirms a Geoff-fest appearance.

"And we still have 3 more days to go too!"

Ok, where are they getting that from? Because that all but confirms a Geoff-fest appearance.
its an assumption that they will have 7 daily updates for FF7 Rebirth leading up to something happening at SGF (or announcing their own thing)

its an assumption that they will have 7 daily updates for FF7 Rebirth leading up to something happening at SGF (or announcing their own thing)
I was wondering yesterday if they were planning on stopping at 7 updates, thanks!

I was wondering yesterday if they were planning on stopping at 7 updates, thanks!
it's probably a safe bet unless its 10 days up to Xbox or something like that (but i think we know it's not that, though could see them finally putting Remake on Xbox)

These are some pretty softball updates though of stuff we already know / common sense. I can see tomorrow's update...

"What platforms will FFVII Rebirth be available on?"

"FFVII Rebirth is in development for Playstation 5"

"
Is FFVII Rebirth still a video game??"

"Yes, our developers are
working very hard to make FFVII Rebirth the best video game possible."

we HAVE MADE PREPERATIONS feels like a threat lol. Surprised they didn't put FULLY ENJOY in bold green text lol.

"Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is a video game that people will be able to play using a controller and their hands"

omg

The more I consider this the more absurd it is. They presumably wrote their own question and couldn’t even answer their own question directly. Like they could have rewrote the question at any time to give away this same nothing answer! This is next level marketing ART!

Is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth going to be a great video game?

A: Today I ate some chicken and guess what? It was delicious with some tomato sauce and some chips, just put it into the oven and voila.

Tetsuya Nomura circa 2023

The cooperation attacks in the Yuffie DLC were really cool, so I'm glad to see those will most likely be back.

all I need to know is whether Jack is one of those new comrades and if we gonna kick some CHAOS butt

Green lines are...

....plot.

I'm sorry.

Disappointed we got a normal update today.

Keiji Kawamori did not understand the assignment lol.

Back
Top Bottom