• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters for Switch and PS4 launch April 19th

I never finished my FF6 playthrough and I've always wondered if I should stick it out on the SNES version or just transition to this instead with the QOL changes.

Only one single player FF game remains to be on Switch (and its sequels). Come on Square, give us the 13!

I wonder if the games will be available separately on eShop. All 12 FF games will look nice on my games list.
Edit: they are on eShop and they're separate. and 20 bucks a pop. Same as iOS versions.

Last edited:
I never finished my FF6 playthrough and I've always wondered if I should stick it out on the SNES version or just transition to this instead with the QOL changes.

The SNES version will still be better than this, so I'd advise sticking it out.

All of the changes that they have made since the original SNES release have been for the worse.

Final Fantasy 13 would require a fair bit of work to get the file size down a bit (they'd have to re-render stuff back in engine), but it definitely would be doable. Seriously, the 13 trilogy remains one of the last major ones missing on major consoles, with the proper version of 15 also still MIA for a proper port (which might not happen any time soon, unless Square Enix opts to port it on the next generation console and try to get the game off the Luminous Engine, which I do hope they do).

I wish we could also get FF 11 seeing how it is still going and was released on the PS2, I know it is outdated but I played a few hours a year ago and I was able to enjoy myself despite the early to mid 2000's feel.

They fixed the font, included the original soundtracks and added EXP boost options? Hell yeah!!

Sweet! And I just wanted to grab the original on switch for now on switch so it at $12 is perfect and I’ll wait for a sale on the rest

Gives me enough time to beat the first or second one and then take a break to play TotK. I want to play them all in order.

I've recently replayed FFV and again I have been reminded of how good it is. Definitely play it, it has one of the best soundtracks, the characters are great, some awesome moments like the Big Bridge and finale of the game and more.

When you get to hear this for the first time there will be no denying it.

Real megaton here is original soundtrack option. The new music arrangements are insanely good but while playing the pixel remasters on PC I felt like they often clashed with the more old-school aesthetics they were going for graphically. (Well the terrible font was an even more glaring mismatch between graphics and text, but that also got fixed so...) There's just something about the SNES sound of FF4, FF5 and FF6 that no other version can replicate.

After being already charged of the 75€, it sure would've been nice learning about the release date via an email sent by Square Enix rather than via a tweet

Fixed font is nice, but the timing of the release and the lack of an easily available physical release is a bummer. I've got Advance Wars preordered for then, Zelda is only a few weeks later, and so while I'm sure I'll gradually get hold of these, it's not the instant buy it would've been.

Good to finally have them and it's nice to see a handful of further refinements, though.

IatGhTz.png

they added the credits back in!

Are these up on any European eShops yet? They weren't on the UK one when I checked.

They are. Each one has it's own icon

I know why they do it like this, but it's a massive pain in the arse for people who like their homescreen showing what they've actually played recently, and are getting it physically. Every time you put the Gamecard in, it's going to put all 6 tiles front and centre. It's a shame they could do a one tile launcher for things like this and the Danganronpa collection.

Yeah I just bought the physical edition, because I do stuff like this sometimes without thinking it over.

I know have bought all the FF games availible on Switch, and only played 1 of them.
I suck

Which suit at SQEX do i have to bribe that they get the standard physical edition available on Amazon or literally ANY other retailer?

New font is a gamer changer, might make me consider buying these now. The customizable random encounters and experience are also great options to have, which make the remasters more competitive in relation to the original.

Which suit at SQEX do i have to bribe that they get the standard physical edition available on Amazon or literally ANY other retailer?

You'll have to use that bribe money and get it from playasia. They're selling the Asian version which includes all the languages there. Not cheap though, but neither was the square enix store version.

So is the physical version currently not available anywhere in Europe?
It was a square enix store exclusive in both the Americas and Europe. The official European versions are sold and as far as we are aware, won't be restocked. You can still order an Asian version which comes with English boxart from playasia.

Last edited:
I ordered the collection on Switch and PS4 from Play-Asia, but I was later notified that they were not going to be receiving the PS4 physical after all. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom