• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters announced for Switch/PS4 Coming Spring 2023 Pre-Orders up on S-E Store

They busted out the friggin' orchestra for Searching For Friends?!! Sounds like I should finally play FF6 =P .

I tried to see what the boost options are in FF 2 and golly gosh, one of them just multiply how much your stats grow.
Like going from 10 MP to ~60 MP in one battle.

Still a bummer that weapons & spells only level up at the end of a battle AND only one level per battle.

I played way more of FFV than I originally planned to yesterday. It's been sweet. The job options slowly opening up and on the fly thinking for different bosses? It's been fun. I LOVE FARIS. Easily entering my pantheon of JRPG HOF characters with the like of Bianca, Sylvando, Taion and Sharla in such a short amount of time. I just got the fire powered ship and gonna see how this goes. I was gonna stick to an hour every few days because I am busy but surprised how easy it is to get into a groove .

My physical copy has been "In Transit" for three days now, starting to get a little worried.

For anyone who have played them, what are the differences in the Job Systems between FFIII and FFV in these new releases?

For 3
  • There is no longer a penalty for changing clasess whenever you want
  • Rebalanced Jobs and enemies stats
  • Fixed bugs and rebalanced other thing (i.e. arrows are unlimited)

For 5 is mostly bug fixes and little rebalancing for some clases (i.e Berserker now targets random enemies, geomancer Gaia is also affected by the level of the user and I believe thief sprint stack with the system sprint)

For 3
  • There is no longer a penalty for changing clasess whenever you want
  • Rebalanced Jobs and enemies stats
  • Fixed bugs and rebalanced other thing (i.e. arrows are unlimited)

For 5 is mostly bug fixes and little rebalancing for some clases (i.e Berserker now targets random enemies, geomancer Gaia is also affected by the level of the user and I believe thief sprint stack with the system sprint)
Thanks but I mostly meant the differences between FFIII and FFV in their Job Systems.

Thanks but I mostly meant the differences between FFIII and FFV in their Job Systems.
Oh ok. In 3 clases are mostly upgrades from your initial ones. They all have specifics abilities set from the beggining (you don't learn any new abilities with class lvls) and you can't mix abilities like 5. Because of this the game really expects you to be changing classes constantly to adapt to the situation

Oh ok. In 3 clases are mostly upgrades from your initial ones. They all have specifics abilities set from the beggining (you don't learn any new abilities with class lvls) and you can't mix abilities like 5. Because of this the game really expects you to be changing classes constantly to adapt to the situation
Ah, I get it. So they didn't really update the Job System in FFIII that much.

Finally it's home

jQcMMdA.jpg

I bought II all excitedly and it was super easy and boring.

I'm gonna give V a whirl but that was a huge downer.

My physical copy finally arrived! (Two weeks after it shipped lol). Been playing FF3 and the music is just wonderful. The job system is super basic but it's still enjoyable for the most part.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a question about purchasing the bundle vs purchasing the games individually. If I, for example, buy FFVI individually but then want to buy the bundle will I spend more money than if I just purchase the bundle first?

Thought of this thread the other day and whipped out Vol 1 of the Ultimania, it’s been fun going over it while I wait to inevitably crack and buy these all over again on the Switch

Okay, so while the music is great in FF3, I do wish it didn't seemingly permanently change the town and castle themes to that triumphant track after you solve their problems. It gets a little old after a while to have every town use the same music.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a question about purchasing the bundle vs purchasing the games individually. If I, for example, buy FFVI individually but then want to buy the bundle will I spend more money than if I just purchase the bundle first?
You save around 20$ with the bundle and I don’t think there’s a pro rated discount if you own one or more of the games.

Back
Top Bottom