• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters announced for Switch/PS4 Coming Spring 2023 Pre-Orders up on S-E Store

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

December 18 is the 35th Anniversary of FINAL FANTASY, and we have some exciting news to celebrate: the acclaimed FINAL FANTASY pixel remaster series is coming to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch!

FINAL FANTASY I - VI will launch digitally for these platforms in Spring 2023. The games can be purchased individually or together as a bundle.

A limited physical edition will also be available on the same day:

FINAL FANTASY I-VI PIXEL REMASTER -FF35th Anniversary Edition

The FINAL FANTASY I-VI PIXEL REMASTER -FF35th Anniversary Edition is a true celebration of the series, featuring some pretty awesome extras, including:

• FINAL FANTASY I-VI COLLECTION - physical collection of all games for either PS4 or Nintendo Switch-
  • Anniversary Edition GOODS BOX.
  • A bonus lenticular sleeve for the game package.
  • 2-disc vinyl record set featuring newly arranged game music with exclusive cover artwork by Kazuko Shibuya
  • A specially compiled artbook showcasing beautiful character pixel art.
  • Eight stylized pixel art character figures in window packaging.
The FINAL FANTASY I-VI PIXEL REMASTER -FF35th Anniversary Edition is available exclusively from the Square Enix Store and is available to preorder now. Quantities are limited, so order now to avoid missing out.

A small run of a physical standard edition, FINAL FANTASY I-VI COLLECTION, will also be available exclusively from the Square Enix Store from Spring 2023. Again, quantities will be extremely limited, so be sure to preorder before it sells out:

Standard edition is $74.99 but shipping is $24 :/

For that price I’ll just pick them up digitally on sale. Been wanting to try the original

Even if it was a joke, I do remember seeing some people on twitter when this was first announced last year that they would be willing to pay $100 for this to release on consoles as a complete collection on disk/cartridge. I just never thought SE was reading the comments thinking "okay we will do exactly that".

The price is wild but honestly I'm just glad there is a physical option. If only that was true for Persona 3 and 4 also.

Apparently most versions have already sold out, at 2am East Coast when most people are already sleeping in the US. JFC Square Enix why are you like this?!

They just had to make this SE store exclusive. Guess I'll pick them up digitally once they get deep discounts.

It's very expensive, but considering buying the whole collection digitally costs the same, I'm a but tempted to buy it.

Edit : shipping is free for Switzerland, so bought it. Shame on me.

Last edited:
I was about to order the physical edition, but in no way can I justify spending €75 for these games. And €275 for the collector's edition is even more wild lol.

Thank you!

Also maybe I'm being dumb but I can't select France on the shipping page. It's just not there (Germany is missing to).

EDIT: Nevermind, it didn't work on mobile but I had no problem on the desktop computer. The shipping is actually reasonable in Europe at 5€ rather than 25$ for the US.

Last edited:
I'm up for that physical release, but not for €75... Come on Square, the hell is that nonsense?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that a physical version exists at a reasonable price (shipping sucks though). I expected no physical at all, or a weird split into 1-2-3, 4-5-6, each selling for $60, or each selling individually for $40... S-E has been weird like that in the past. (remember when the PSP versions of 1 and 2 were sold separately?)

And yes, I consider $75 to be reasonable. Don't understand why people compare it to the price of one game when it's six games that are practically remakes. All of them great (including II, shut up), and some of them among the greatest in the genre still.

+24 for shipping for the regular edition = nah, no thanks.

Will get digitally instead.

EDIT: UK store offers free shipping, or tracked for a fiver. Hmmmm. OK.

I’m surprised I seem to be the only one so far in this thread who plans on just scooping up my favorites digitally lol

Happy we’re finally getting them!

I just learned of the physical releases but the Switch and PS4 standard editions are both sold out in North America. :(

Last edited:
I'll take just 5 and 6, thank you. Superior versions of 1, 2 and 4 were stuck on PSP, so if not them, I'm gonna skip.

Yeah, I eventually got to the UK product page but the Switch version is sold out already.

Good old Square Enix - once again finding a way to make the re-release of these special games a tainted and tawdry affair. There better be improved typography in these games. (Wanted to work a Final Fontasy pun into this but cba)

Square-Enix Store pre-orders: the only thing that makes me yearn for the professionalism and savoir-faire of Limited Run Games.

Hmm, missing out on preorders because I was …checks notes… sleeping is pretty annoying but I’m just glad this is finally happening.

Also I’ll note neither of the screenshots showed fonts so maybe there’s hope!

Yeah, I'll pass. For my standards, these remasters are barely preferable to the original games, let alone the premium products SE is pushing them as.

I’m surprised I seem to be the only one so far in this thread who plans on just scooping up my favorites digitally lol

Happy we’re finally getting them!
I’ll just grab VI, and maybe IV later on. Not too fussed about the others.

I won't poo-poo this, because people really wanted these and I understand why, but for me, until they start entertaining remakes in some variety or another, I'm gonna sleep on FFi-VI.
But them replicating Limited Run's bullshit is just the piss-flavoured icing on the cake. Hate that and I think even people who wanted these games would agree with that.

I can't stand how the artificially create scarcity with that physical edition. And that price, oof...

Ludicrous price at £65. Also I slept through the pre-order blissfully ignorant of S-E's shenanigans. I'm a "patient gamer" so I'll Deku Deal this and wait until the collection is 50% off on the eShop, which I predict it will be within 6 months of it releasing. And that's if they fix the fugly font.

Cool, definitely will grab a digital copy. Not going to reward their fomo marketing tactics by pre ordering a limited physical edition though.

Already got them all on Steam, and not bothered physical copies, so I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom