• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fighting Games |ST| Fami World Warriors Alpha Version ST Accent Core + Rev Xrd Central Fiction SysCeles XV Type Lumina Ultimate Special LOVE MAX!!!!!

IronGalaxy will have a livestream in about an hour, detialling Killer Instinct's 10th Anniversary Update, for those who are interested. There will be balance changes, improved matchmaking, and also optimization for Series S/X. I'll give it a watch.

I was hoping this would happen, but I was 50/50 it would be there, the next Guilty Gear Strive character is getting announced at The Game Awards! Hoping for Dizzy personally!

Dang, I’m so out of the loop regarding Guilty Gear that I didn’t even know that Dizzy wasn’t part of the roster yet. Arc System Works would be doing me a solid by putting it on Switch. Or Switch 2.

I have dabbled in Blazblue Cross Tag Battle since I bought it on sale, though I don’t think I’ve played enough to have strong feelings about it aside from a general feeling of satisfaction of having another fighting game for mixing up my current slate. Chie’s kicks are also satisfying lol.

Looks like the Guilty Gear announcement accidentally happened early. Very happy Elphelt is back.

Seriously considering pre-ordering Tekken 8 right now. I've never bought a fighting game other than SSBU day one or even close to release day, so this would be a first for me.

Anyone else considering getting it day one?

Only if Tekken 8 somehow releases on Switch 2 as a launch title lol.

But yeah I’m definitely getting it at some point. Tekken is my favorite fighting game franchise, and I love everything I’ve seen from T8 so far.

Seriously considering pre-ordering Tekken 8 right now. I've never bought a fighting game other than SSBU day one or even close to release day, so this would be a first for me.

I focus on 2D fighters primarily but I'm picking up Tekken 8 to play with more casual friends.

I’m planning to pick up Tekken 8 at launch even though I didn’t get into Tekken 7 much.

Anyone picking up Granblue today? I’m excited to give this one another shot.

Can we bring back Power Stone?
Hideaki Itsuno has expressed a desire to do so. Along his other darling, Rival Schools.

The question is if he'll get a chance to do so when most expect him to go back to DMC after Dragon's Dogma is finished.

I’m planning to pick up Tekken 8 at launch even though I didn’t get into Tekken 7 much.

Anyone picking up Granblue today? I’m excited to give this one another shot.
Yes! But I would recommend for anyone unsure to get the free version. If you want to get it, go deluxe. They have some garbage pricing to get the pass if you don't buy Deluxe from the start.

Yes! But I would recommend for anyone unsure to get the free version. If you want to get it, go deluxe. They have some garbage pricing to get the pass if you don't buy Deluxe from the start.
I’ve been busy today and haven’t hit the purchase button yet, but I had $50 set aside for the normal version for a month now. What are the differences exactly since I’m having trouble googling the information? It seems there are two versions of the season pass too.

If I do understand it right, it’s $10 more if I found out I just wanted the characters later ($35 pass) and it’s $25 more ($50 pass) if I wanted the rest of the stuff from the deluxe edition. Is that right?

I’ve been busy today and haven’t hit the purchase button yet, but I had $50 set aside for the normal version for a month now. What are the differences exactly since I’m having trouble googling the information? It seems there are two versions of the season pass too.

If I do understand it right, it’s $10 more if I found out I just wanted the characters later ($35 pass) and it’s $25 more ($50 pass) if I wanted the rest of the stuff from the deluxe edition. Is that right?

Ok for USA pricing, $50 for base game. $50 for deluxe pass. (characters, colors, 2 skins,avatar, etc). Deluxe is $75 and it gives you the base game and Deluxe Pass together so $100 value for $75. If you buy base game and then want all characters, it will cost more (I think) since the (plain) pass is $35 so that's $85.

Ok for USA pricing, $50 for base game. $50 for deluxe pass. (characters, colors, 2 skins,avatar, etc). Deluxe is $75 and it gives you the base game and Deluxe Pass together so $100 value for $75. If you buy base game and then want all characters, it will cost more (I think) since the (plain) pass is $35 so that's $85.
Ok cool I did understand it right. Appreciate it Yamanoi!

I’ll probably just get the Deluxe Version then at a later date when I pick up another points card.

Ok cool I did understand it right. Appreciate it Yamanoi!

I’ll probably just get the Deluxe Version then at a later date when I pick up another points card.
I was surprised at the pass cost in general. Seems way higher than other fighting games.

I was surprised at the pass cost in general. Seems way higher than other fighting games.
Yeah $6 per character in a season pass context is a bit high with nothing else included. Guilty Gear Strive is more per character actually, but at least includes some stages and I think skins?

Yeah $6 per character in a season pass context is a bit high with nothing else included. Guilty Gear Strive is more per character actually, but at least includes some stages and I think skins?

I guess my issue is that Strive never punished you as much as GBVS Rising is doing for buying DLC pass separately. Even MK1 doesn't. So the pass itself might not be a huge issue in Rising, but the way they bundle it is bad if that makes sense.

I guess my issue is that Strive never punished you as much as GBVS Rising is doing for buying DLC pass separately. Even MK1 doesn't. So the pass itself might not be a huge issue in Rising, but the way they bundle it is bad if that makes sense.
Oh yeah I fully agree there. It’s a frustrating set up.

short! Least favourite thing about fighting games last gen was all the load times, both SF 6 and Tekken 8 are wayyyyyy better now!! Rematch is not as instant as SF but pretty immediate too
Awesome! I've been booting up T7 yesterday for a bit, and loading times are... noticeable.

short! Least favourite thing about fighting games last gen was all the load times, both SF 6 and Tekken 8 are wayyyyyy better now!! Rematch is not as instant as SF but pretty immediate too
That is legit hype. As long as you remember to rest your fingers every now and then lol

2B looks fantastic in Granblue. Still haven’t just yet, but I want to pick that up soon.

Bumping this thread in this excellent week for fighting games with both Under Night In-Birth II and Tekken 8 coming out. I’m picking up both, but all of my attention is going to UNI2 and I’m extra excited to dive in after being too busy for games the last few days. I think I’m getting both a physical and digital copy for Switch which I really only do for my favorite fighting games. Should be less than 48 hours now until it’s up and available :)

Definitely owe this thread a post after enjoying Under Night In-Birth II the last few days. I’ll get the disappointment out of the way first that there’s no new visual novel story mode in the game like the one UNIST/UNICLR shared. Granted that mode had a real range in quality from dreadfully boring to bad to fine to good to unforgettable (the latter being Mika’s), but it did really flesh out the package where its absence here is felt. The story of UNI2 is that this is the “final” night so it’s ultimately quite small and every arcade mode is basically just what if this character beat the big bad Kuon at the end which is ok I guess, but obviously formulaic (Incidentally, Kuon is amusingly fairly polite for a big bad which is kind of funny. Some conversations go “Tell me the details I want to know about your evil plan” or “I know you won’t, but promise me this” and each one is amicably met “Ok yeah I can do that” lol. (I was amazed he followed through with Gordeau’s in particular so far. As someone who waded through the story mode in UNIST, that was an actual payoff for one of the best stories.)). Merkava’s arcade mode is seemingly the only exception with a bad ending. I’m going from left to right on the menu for Arcade modes and I’ve only seen his good ending so far, so I’m curious what that is about.

So really then you are here for the fighting and it is fantastic. I already really loved Under Night and UNI2 feels even tighter and faster than before. I barely played any UNICLR in comparison to UNIEL and UNIST so I’m not sure how much reflects that or not, but I’m finding myself gravitating towards even more of the roster now in UNI2 which definitely makes up for there currently only being three new characters. I need to spend more time with all of them, but Kaguya is my early favorite of the new characters as her moveset feels intuitive to me and jumping around the battlefield guns blazing feels awesome. I’m looking forward to spending more time with the new characters and my favorites like Linne, Mika, Nanase, and Gordeau in the days ahead. I plan to post more soon, but yeah having an awesome time and if you are a fighting game fan definitely pick this one up.

I've been going back to SSBU in recent weeks to clear the new spirit events, and I am so, so rusty after not really having played it in well over a year. It's funny how you still remember the fundamentals but are just incredibly slow, like when you haven’t picked up an instrument in a really long time.

One of my PS5-owning friends got Tekken 8 and we're now hashing out if we can free up our weekend for some fisticuffs. Might even hold a small tournament and bet pizza over it. Here's hoping.

I really want to play some Tekken Ball
vvY90s9.gif

I'm playing Tekken for the first time with Tekken 8 and while it's too early to say if I'll stick with it I'm absolutely loving it so far. I am still a fighting game newb and would really like to get good with this one, then again I guess I said that about the other fighting games I abandoned but still 😅 The graphics, characters art style and music are just so top notch and I'm really enjoying just practicing the game. Will probably try the story mode soon and maybe some online matches. I'm unfortunately a bit busy these days but I'm ready to dedicate myself to the grind, going in with the mindset that as long as I find the fun along the way and make marginal improvements I don't need to get fantastic all at once (I literally did like hours and hours worth of combat trials in Strive before even attempting online in Strive and then getting decimated anyways)

My only complaint so far is that it doesn't have NEGAN from THE WALKING DEAD

I'm also probably going to get Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising whenever that goes on sale as a friend of mine is interested in checking it out, I know it's generally not good to get into fighting games months later since the matchmaking will be filled with pros but we're both busy with our games lol, me with Tekken and him with Persona 3 Reloaded. Excited to try and dive deep into fighting games this year 🙏

Update: I now rotate between Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6 and Guilty Gear Strive daily. It's all I play now. Send help.
Yeah!! We need more fighting game fans on Fami!

For my own fighting games, I had a great deal of fun playing Under Night In-Birth II on my Switch for a few weeks. Sadly the online is a ghost town there which I did consider walking in, but I wasn't expecting I'd want to play too much against randos. Maybe I'll double dip down the road when the game is on sale.

Update: I now rotate between Tekken 8, Street Fighter 6 and Guilty Gear Strive daily. It's all I play now. Send help.
I envy your predicament. I need my fighting games on handheld 😭

My friends and I did finally ink a date for our Tekken 8 get-together-slash-pizza-party, and I'm thoroughly excited to kick every single one of their asses.

My friends and I did finally ink a date for our Tekken 8 get-together-slash-pizza-party, and I'm thoroughly excited to kick every single one of their asses
I'd forgotten to chime in and confirm that yes, I did kick everyone's ass, despite being ordained with only using the new charactes, and won free pizza for my efforts!

Not too hyped for A.B.A. but the new stage looks neat!

Visually I like her the most out of anyone in this pass so far, really nice animations. I've played Strive a lot less since SF6 came out but I'll probably try her out.

Every time KoF XV is on sale I am tempted to get it, but I'd much rather have it on Switch.

I'm a lot more likely to get an FG if it's available on Switch. Hopefully Switch 2 will get some of the more recent ones that skipped Switch. Looking at you, SF6, Tekken 8, GG Strive, etc.

I'm a lot more likely to get an FG if it's available on Switch.
Absolutely. Short matches against CPU opponents are one of my favorite types of pick-up-and-play gaming. Plus testing out combos in the training modes.

Looking at you, SF6, Tekken 8, GG Strive, etc.
Give us everything!

Though honestly I think Tekken 8 is the only uncertain prospect for Switch 2. The others I'm fairly confident will get ported, or if not them, then subsequent entries.

Absolutely. Short matches against CPU opponents are one of my favorite types of pick-up-and-play gaming. Plus testing out combos in the training modes.

Give us everything!

Though honestly I think Tekken 8 is the only uncertain prospect for Switch 2. The others I'm fairly confident will get ported, or if not them, then subsequent entries.
Yeah, Tekken 8 is the one I'm iffy about as well. I was hopeful for more in-house Bandai Namco games to come to Nintendo platforms after the Ace Combat 7 announcement, but apparently that one only happened because people from the dev team pushed for it, rather than higher ups changing course, so I'm not too hopeful.

I'd probably be good with SF6 alone tbh. World Tour on the go sounds like a ton of fun!

Back
Top Bottom