• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Fashion Dreamer coming to Nintendo Switch in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so close.
hq720.jpg

I've just heard from someone who supposedly got an early copy that most clothes are genderlocked :/ Will update if I get proof
A shame if true, guess the option to have up to 4 muses can help with this but still I think there is no point in locking clothes ( and I guess facial features and hairstyles too) 🫤

I've just heard from someone who supposedly got an early copy that most clothes are genderlocked :/ Will update if I get proof

That's a bummer :(

Won't really stop me from enjoying the game, but I was hoping we were beyond this.

Japanese users are already confirming it's genderlocked, with that said Marvelous already announced a december update with new clothes and accesories and some comments are already asking them to change this, so there is always the option to patch it

Japanese users are already confirming it's genderlocked, with that said Marvelous already announced a december update with new clothes and accesories and some comments are already asking them to change this, so there is always the option to patch it

Them announcing updates in advance is actually good, and better than I was expecting! I was assuming this would be a "Game releases finished and no new content is made" like Style Savvy. (I know Trendsetters got some free DLC, but like, it never got feature patches)

I don't expect them to pull this off by the December update, but if we keep the buzz on them it is a possibility.

C'mon Syn Sophia, Animal Crossing got this right a decade ago
An it's weirder considering they are not locking hairstyles/ makeup so you can have something like this:

And still be locked only to male clothing

Them announcing updates in advance is actually good, and better than I was expecting! I was assuming this would be a "Game releases finished and no new content is made" like Style Savvy. (I know Trendsetters got some free DLC, but like, it never got feature patches)

I don't expect them to pull this off by the December update, but if we keep the buzz on them it is a possibility.
Yeah there are multiple updates planned including new modes, so we know it's going to be supported at least next year

j6ryS2m.png

Yeah there are multiple updates planned including new modes, so we know it's going to be supported at least next year

j6ryS2m.png

New modes is interesting. Do we have a translated versión of the update announcement?

Wonder if Marvelous is doing something like they did for Daemon x Machina, where they released the game on switch, added new features and DLC over time, then ported it to other platforms when done. I wouldn't mind double dipping on PC in a year or two for mods and 4k screenshots.

I imagine it's due to the body types.

Syn Sophia makes "barbie doll like" bodies, and every character has either the "male" body type, or the "woman" body type (with chest and hips, therefore their specific clothes are made with that into account).

Should have made them for both body types from the get go obviously, but they probably thought it was too much work and decided to make different clothes for the two body types, instead of doing every clothes with a version for each body type.

I imagine it's due to the body types.

Syn Sophia makes "barbie doll like" bodies, and every character has either the "male" body type, or the "woman" body type (with chest and hips, therefore their specific clothes are made with that into account).

Should have made them for both body types from the get go obviously, but they probably thought it was too much work and decided to make different clothes for the two body types, instead of doing every clothes with a version for each body type.

Splatoon fixed this by basically unlocking the body types from the clothes, sort of. If your Inkling is male and you put on clothes that used to be female locked, you get the female body type with the male head.

This works for inklings because of how they're designed. Unsure if that would work here, but in a pinch, they should consider it.

Quoted by: Tye
New modes is interesting. Do we have a translated versión of the update announcement?

Wonder if Marvelous is doing something like they did for Daemon x Machina, where they released the game on switch, added new features and DLC over time, then ported it to other platforms when done. I wouldn't mind double dipping on PC in a year or two for mods and 4k screenshots.
Not yet, unfortunately Marvelous/ xseed hasnt really updated anything in the wéstern page

What the fuck… And of course the male body type is going to have far less options, I’m sure… Well shit, guess I’m probably not gonna pick this up after all at this rate. =/

Splatoon fixed this by basically unlocking the body types from the clothes, sort of. If your Inkling is male and you put on clothes that used to be female locked, you get the female body type with the male head.

This works for inklings because of how they're designed. Unsure if that would work here, but in a pinch, they should consider it.
Yeah, no. If I choose a body type without breasts, I expect it to stay that way regardless of what outfit I put on. Would be super jarring and undesired for my character to suddenly have boobs when changing outfits. It works for Inklings/Octolings because they don’t have prominent breasts in the first place.

So from what I've seen, clothes are "genderlocked" to type a and type b models, to avoid clipping. However since makeup isn't genderlocked and AFAIK no hairstyles are, you can still make a feminine or masculine looking face for either type.

STAR THREAD UP

Hey all, seems like a good time to move onto the thread set up by @big lantern ghost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom