• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Exputer claiming Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is getting a Switch remake launching this summer

Played the original last year with Dolphin and enjoyed my time a lot. It's just... That final fight is some genuine bullcrap...

Edit: Can we add this to the OP btw? Not because it adds anything, but it's a wonderful piece of 'What the hell kind of boss fight music is this?!'.

Last edited:
I’d love to see this series return but I’m not so sure of how reliable Exputer is. Have they leaked anything before?

Who? Could you explain why this might be worth believing? I don't know anything about the source.

I always wanted to play this series, since I heard a lot, but who is this source/site?

WHAT WHAT WHAT OH MY FUCKING GOD IF IT'S TRUE IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY OF MY LIFE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

If true =

E0wcFhU.gif

PLEASE BE TRUE

This would be pretty awesome, and the site really doubles down as it being 100% confirmed by them so it'll really torpedo any future credibility from them if it's not lol.

Never played them myself, but I'm curious enough to give them a shot.

Adding more to the Gamecube remasters rumour list, hopefully this means there's a greater chance for even the lesser known titles to resurface on Switch with a new paint job

These are the fun rumors that I always love to catch on the internet.

Even if it isn't true, at least we keep a minute of hope.

By the way, I can't believe that a Baten Kaitos remake can happen while Sega can't still do sh*t with Skies of Arcadia.

Hope that Nintendo eventually helps then with that.

Not worth believing so far but I hope it's true.

I never played it back in the day because I used to find JRPG boring as a kid beyond the Mario RPGs, and lately I've been really willing to play it. I was starting to wonder if I should buy a copy just a few days ago. Just in case, I'll wait till later this year to see if it's true.

Anyway, it would make sense, wasn't there a few Baten Kaitos trademarks poping up in the last two years or so ?

Last edited:
Why would people not believe this? Lines up with Monolith working on at least some other game.

This feels so believable with how games are being remade and remastered left and right

Is Baiten Kaitos an action game? I recall the listing from Bamco about them working with Nintendo on a project referenced and action.
That’s Kid Icarus. This lines up with the GameCube remasters/remakes coming. And Nate seemed to hint at Monolith having another game. This would fit

Is Baiten Kaitos an action game? I recall the listing from Bamco about them working with Nintendo on a project referenced and action.

Japanese genre titles are very fluid and unreliable. An "action" game could be literally anything.

Personally? I think that the referenced "Action" title that the job posting is referring to is the Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass (Since Namco worked on both MK8 and MKT; them being responsible for porting the art assets that they themselves created back into MK8 makes perfect sense).

Something to keep an eye on, I guess, given the source is pretty definitive about it being this year. I'd love to see both games get remade/remastered because we never got Origins in Europe. Timeline in the article is a little odd - suggests an E3 reveal for a summer release, but that'd be cutting it close? Unless it's a relatively minimal job.

2023 really heavily rumoured to be the Year of the Coober, huh.

Back
Top Bottom