• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection announced for Nintendo Switch and Steam, coming June 1st (UPDATE: new gameplay trailer, see threadmarks)

Kinda worried about the map making though. Does anybody know if there are good styluses for Switch available?
Any decent capacitive stylus will do the trick, so no need to get anything Switch specific. I bought a bunch of different ones when I got into some of the puzzle matching and Solitaire games. Meko on Amazon is a good brand.

New article from 4game with a preview of Etrian 2. Some interesting points

• Items now show a warning icon in the store if they are quest related so you don't sell them by mistake
  • Mapping in controller mode is kinda awkward.
  • Skill trees rearanged so they look more similar to th latest entries (this was shown in trailers already)
  • You can FF or skip battle animations
  • Difficulty remains the same

New article from 4game with a preview of Etrian 2. Some interesting points

• Items now show a warning icon in the store if they are quest related so you don't sell them by mistake
  • Mapping in controller mode is kinda awkward.
  • Skill trees rearanged so they look more similar to th latest entries (this was shown in trailers already)
  • You can FF or skip battle animations
  • Difficulty remains the same
EO2 has a weird difficulty spike in the
4th
dungeon lol.
But I am glad they are adding the icons to the items and the skill tree, cause 1&2 had terrible skill trees in terms of abilities and connections.

EO2 has a weird difficulty spike in the
4th
dungeon lol.
But I am glad they are adding the icons to the items and the skill tree, cause 1&2 had terrible skill trees in terms of abilities and connections.
Yeah, 2 is the only one I'm planning to play in picnic mode

I am glad Koshiro thinks that's the music of the EO games are one of his masterpieces, I agree lol.
Damn right and well deserved. With each game the guy was only getting better, and thanks to the fact they let them use FM Sound
It's so important to him that he actually had to rebuild tracks because they were made in an older version of cubase that it's not compatible with newer ones

Damn right and well deserved. With each game the guy was only getting better, and thanks to the fact they let them use FM Sound
It's so important to him that he actually had to rebuild tracks because they were made in an older version of cubase that it's not compatible with newer ones

Its funny looking back at his tweet about EO 1-3 and how their music was made, then this year announcing the collection.

"Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart" is still one of the best boss themes in rpgs lol. The Nexus version was also great.

hoist the sword with pride in your heart goes so fuckin hard. its a shame we never got an etrian 3 untold to get orchestrated arrangements of the songs. the one we got of EO3 first campaign in etrian x is one of the best arrangements of the old music in the 3DS era, would love to hear one of that caliber of those that slay and fall

Today was the day of the livestream. No any new info as mostly was a recap and talk show with the guests and the merchandise, but we got the live mini concert from the SQ FOE Band so I recommend it watching it. The first part is at 30 min and the second around the 3 hours (on the phone so can't timestamp correctly). An yes, Hoist the Sword with Pride is at the 3:15:00 mark, and they slay it (all of them really, we need a second super arrange album)

Kinda worried about the map making though. Does anybody know if there are good styluses for Switch available?

i know this an old ass post now but i bought this for sushi striker and used it for mario maker 2 as well and it worked perfectly

edit: i tried to put an amazon link but it just kept trying to format it to a media post that wasnt showing up so heres a screenshot of the page lol
image.png

My physical copy will probably arrive later in the month. I am guessing this will be the official thread? I would love to make one, but my vacation is over and I really haven't made one (is there a format? lol)

My physical copy will probably arrive later in the month. I am guessing this will be the official thread? I would love to make one, but my vacation is over and I really haven't made one (is there a format? lol)
Oh no no no, Etrian needs a proper ST and I'm already working on it to post it tomorrow.

No reviews yet?
Honestly I don't think they are going to change much from the original games reviews, the biggest change is how mapping works, and besides some bug fixes, japanese interviews shows gameplay is pretty much the same

i know this an old ass post now but i bought this for sushi striker and used it for mario maker 2 as well and it worked perfectly

edit: i tried to put an amazon link but it just kept trying to format it to a media post that wasnt showing up so heres a screenshot of the page lol
image.png
Yhis is really appreciated, thank you! :)

image.png

i have this works
kYAWeKc.png
well i used it with mario maker 2

Last edited:
I was very happy to see all my preload icons on the HOME screen, I'm excited to revisit EO3 first. I'm going to pick the other route this time (shogun instead of yggdroid) since I never went back and did it on the DS.

I was very happy to see all my preload icons on the HOME screen, I'm excited to revisit EO3 first. I'm going to pick the other route this time (shogun instead of yggdroid) since I never went back and did it on the DS.
I'm going in order, ready to die so much in EO1 lol

I have too many other games to play right now, but I think I might pick up at least EO3 since that's one I've never played before. Even not being a huge EO guy. Dungeon Crawlers like that are always nice to have for trips and I have a cross-country flight in a week or so that it would be perfect for.

Back
Top Bottom