• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Elden Ring |ST| Go Outside and Touch Grace

Do you like saying the word "accord" in a posh British accent (like Melina does)?

• Total voters
Finally beat the last boss today. I'm comfortable in saying it's the hardest From boss ever, at least for me. The second phase is so ridiculous. It took me hours and hours even with Mimic Tear and Scadutree Level 17.

Other than a few unfair bosses, I absolutely loved it. Can't believe we got so much content from a DLC.

Finally beat the last boss today. I'm comfortable in saying it's the hardest From boss ever, at least for me. The second phase is so ridiculous. It took me hours and hours even with Mimic Tear and Scadutree Level 17.

Other than a few unfair bosses, I absolutely loved it. Can't believe we got so much content from a DLC.

Even worse then Malenia?

Reached Rellana. Some attacks are too fast for the character to dodge and the most powerful are basically instakills. Then again, My Scadutree blessing level is low. Managed to reach a litlle under half health, so I could beat her tomorrow

Last edited:
Reached Rellana. Some attacks are too fast for the character to dodge and the most powerful are basically instakills. Then again, My Scadutree blessing level is low. Managed to reach a litlle under half health, so I could beat her tomorrow
That fight is a lot of fun once you learn her, but I would recommend getting your Blessing up a bit higher to cut down on frustration. She’s also optional if you want to go explore elsewhere for a while first too

The deflecting hardtear you get early on in the DLC is really, really good (probably overpowered) and makes a lot of bosses much easier. I personally don't like using summons but this tear feels like a good compromise if you want to even the odds a little bit, very enjoyable playstyle to me. Also lasts 5 minutes!

Almost beat the whole DLC, honestly feel the difficulty has been pretty breezy but it might be because of me building my boss fights around that flask effect.

The deflecting hardtear you get early on in the DLC is really, really good (probably overpowered) and makes a lot of bosses much easier. I personally don't like using summons but this tear feels like a good compromise if you want to even the odds a little bit, very enjoyable playstyle to me. Also lasts 5 minutes!

Almost beat the whole DLC, honestly feel the difficulty has been pretty breezy but it might be because of me building my boss fights around that flask effect.
I don’t think I’ve gotten a single new flask effect in the DLC, where was this from?

Also haven't found that hardtear! Where is it?

I'm doing things in a weird order though. I headed southeast and the first boss I beat was the
Putrescent Knight.

Loved everything about that area. This dlc is gorgeous.

...oh no.
They're not that hard, stand behind them (they have a nasty grab) and just chip away at their ankles. Jump if they stomp, run away (on Torrent) and do a jump after if they do the hop attack, 3 staggers and they fall for a critical on their face which does 50% of their health. They're probably the lamest fights in the DLC but not too bad.

Last edited:
Since i didn't find a way to go down to that forest area which is pretty much the last part of the map still covered, i decided that it's time to tackle the first legacy dungeon: Belurat

Be it either through the Scadutree blessings (and the increase for the lower levels of those, at lvl 8), or due to the fact that i've gathered some fine new weapons, but this one was a breeze. While i'm not fully done exploring it, i pretty muched cakewalked through it and even finished the boss 1st try.

Shoutout to the new Spirit Ash i've found in that one "ruined forge" mini-dungeon while looking for the Smithscript Axe. This guy is one heck of a tank, i doubt my +10 Tishe would've lasted that long as the boss of the 1st legacy dungeon is another one of those "attack you without pause" things.

Though the Spirit Ash tank didn't last the full fight, i could easily take care of the remaining Boss HP with the Carian Thrusting Shield.

Honestly, of all new weapons types, this one feels kinda broken right now, at least for PVE. I could understand other players call using this weapon "cheesing" ... but given the difficulty i've no issue using such methods.
Though i could see it being nerfed, if it's just as strong in PVP. But i hope it won't be nerfed. ^^

I think i will explore the rest of the dungeon today, and afterwards i'm going to have a rendezvous with that one Omen Chackram enemy that lurks around the starting area of the DLC and who's pretty much responsible for a lot of "1st death in DLC" situations.

It's payback time, asshole.

Also haven't found that hardtear! Where is it?

I'm doing things in a weird order though. I headed southeast and the first boss I beat was the
Putrescent Knight.

Loved everything about that area. This dlc is gorgeous.

Did you explore the map before doing this? Because i'm pretty sure the dungeon this boss is in is at least partially locked until a "world event" that happens when you're closing in to one specific area. The "Miquella has discarded his Great Rune notification, that pops up when you're moving to the proximity of the Shadow Keep.

Did you explore the map before doing this? Because i'm pretty sure the dungeon this boss is in is at least partially locked until a "world event" that happens when you're closing in to one specific area. The "Miquella has discarded his Great Rune notification, that pops up when you're moving to the proximity of the Shadow Keep.
Yes, I triggered it by going to Fort of Reprimand via a hidden spiritspring and getting to Scadu Altus early.

The world really opens up from that grace in front of Castle Ensis.

Got to meet St. Trina early, the highlight of my playthrough so far!

Since i didn't find a way to go down to that forest area which is pretty much the last part of the map still covered, i decided that it's time to tackle the first legacy dungeon: Belurat

Be it either through the Scadutree blessings (and the increase for the lower levels of those, at lvl 8), or due to the fact that i've gathered some fine new weapons, but this one was a breeze. While i'm not fully done exploring it, i pretty muched cakewalked through it and even finished the boss 1st try.

Shoutout to the new Spirit Ash i've found in that one "ruined forge" mini-dungeon while looking for the Smithscript Axe. This guy is one heck of a tank, i doubt my +10 Tishe would've lasted that long as the boss of the 1st legacy dungeon is another one of those "attack you without pause" things.

Though the Spirit Ash tank didn't last the full fight, i could easily take care of the remaining Boss HP with the Carian Thrusting Shield.

Honestly, of all new weapons types, this one feels kinda broken right now, at least for PVE. I could understand other players call using this weapon "cheesing" ... but given the difficulty i've no issue using such methods.
Though i could see it being nerfed, if it's just as strong in PVP. But i hope it won't be nerfed. ^^

I think i will explore the rest of the dungeon today, and afterwards i'm going to have a rendezvous with that one Omen Chackram enemy that lurks around the starting area of the DLC and who's pretty much responsible for a lot of "1st death in DLC" situations.

It's payback time, asshole.

Where do you get the Carian Thrusting Shield? I'm curious to try it out but I haven't found it yet. And I'm a pretty good ways into the DLC.

Finally beat Rellana God, that was though. I was tempted to use the mimic tear, but I manage to beat her without. Good timing too, since after the Lion Dance boss I had no Idea where to go. at least I can progress
Scadutree level is 4 now.

Beat the DLC today, had a quick glance over a list of bosses and I think I did all of them.

Thought it was stellar, issues about the difficulty hugely overblown, I didn't end up using summons at all but did have to use a greatshield for the final boss, but overall the DLC was a pretty comfortable experience.

Granted I DO think some of the bosses lean too far in a direction I don't think From should keep going if they will continue to make Souls-esque games. I stopped attacking at some fights and just rolled around and observed for a while and watching the amount of actions bosses can take compared to how much of an opening the player has to punish certain strings is a little off, almost looks comical in some cases to just see them go apeshit, they often don't just ..walk, they just rotate through endless attacks and gap closers.

The Putrescent Knight ended up being my favorite boss in the DLC. Very satisfying rhythm to it's strings, good openings, fun fight.

The Shadow Keep seems fairly straightforward at first but boy does it have a lot of offshoot paths and secrets it’s easy to miss. I’m still finding new stuff in there and can’t figure out how to get to part of it!

Can i just say that i kinda dig those "Ruined Forge" mini-dungeons? It's definitely bringing some nice fresh air to the DLC to have such more "puzzle"-based dungeons without a boss fight.

I get the feeling the DLC is also working as a testing-grounds for such stuff in order to see if they work and should be included in the next new game.
Same with the weapons. Some of them are so fun, i would be actively mad if they weren't in the next game from the beginning.

So if anyone from Bamco or FROM reads this: Yeah, this stuff is great, absolutely do have all that in the next game!

Oh, well I'm in there right now lol. I guess I just need to be more patient.

Depending on how good your exploration game is, you can reach the shield before even engaging Belurat or any other legacy dungeon or even beating any of the "plot" bosses.

There's a "back entrance" for one of the Shadow Keep areas, the Church District, and from there you can pakour over some rooftops into the back section of another Shadow Keep area, the Specimen Storehouse, and from there you can easily reach the spot with the Carian Thrusting Shield.

It's ... awry to explain, but if you're interested there's quite a few YT videos just doing this run to the shield from said "back entrance".

But generally, don't sleep on those Smithscript weapons you find in those Ruined Forge mini-dungeons and also not on those Perfum Bottles. I laughed them off as a joke, but they can be extremely strong holy heck.

If anything, this is the DLC where you should actively go and try new weapon types! ^^

I’m really starting to get curious about where the story is going given what I just learned from some NPCs in the Shadow Keep. Potentially some directions I was certainly not expecting!

Laughed hard when I first dropped on the arena and he just killed me before I even saw him properly.
This just happened to me with the second phase of Messmer. I was like “oh a cutscene for a second phase, I wonder what’s going to be diff-“ and then he immediately did some kind of attack that double tapped me. So much for learning anything about his new patterns, lol

For the DLC bosses, just make sure you make this a part of your very self:

dodge-duck.gif

Finished the expansion today. That final boss is so bad it drags down the rest of the expansion for me just a bit even though overall I still enjoyed it a lot.

Like that was by far the hardest boss I've encountered in a Souls game, and it definitely skirts the line of what would be an acceptably designed challenging boss. (I would personally say it crossed the line but YMMV)

Don't bother fighting them unless you have a scadutree fragment level of at least 15 or 16 and have a weapon that lets you inflict bleed, frost, or scarlet rot. Even at level 18 when I beat it that thing's health pool was massive and too much for my preferred heavy weapons. Pray you are lucky on the RNG with the bosses never ending combo strings too.

Back
Top Bottom