• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Elden Ring Hype Thread [Release date February 25th, 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the game preloaded on my Series S, and because this is a week I'm waking up at 5 AM everyday I will try sleep earlier tomorrow to wake up at 3 AM this thursday 😏

I think I will wait for a PS4 physical copy when it get cheap at summer or later, but I'm not sure if to wait a complete edition with any DLC will be released in the future.

I already regreted seeing the trailer that showed that
creature with some dungeon on it's back
so I'm not watching it.

Are there any tidbits impressions by people reviewing it?

My copy is actually being prepared for shipping right now, which is unusually early going by past experiences. Maybe I will get it a day early? Maybe? Please?

Still undecided on if I want to go for a sorcerer/melee hybrid, or even full on sorcery this time. Have never really done either so far, with the exception of that one time I went all in on pyromancy in DS1. I dunno, the spells look actually fun this time around.

My copy is actually being prepared for shipping right now, which is unusually early going by past experiences. Maybe I will get it a day early? Maybe? Please?

Still undecided on if I want to go for a sorcerer/melee hybrid, or even full on sorcery this time. Have never really done either so far, with the exception of that one time I went all in on pyromancy in DS1. I dunno, the spells look actually fun this time around.
After seeing network test and some trailers I want to try a magic knight this time. I always use default knight(I'm the boring type) but now I'm really feeling it...XD

I have a question

do FromSoftware games usually arrive
on GamePass, months after their release?
Really diggint the artstyle, but the gameplay mechanics aren't exactly for me

I have a question

I tried look if Dark Souls arrived to Game Pass, but nope. It's not the same as Dark Souls, but Mortal Shell is on Game Pass and it could give you a small taste of a Souls game.

I have a question

I dont think there's a from game on gamepass.

(at least not on pc)

thanks!
Damn, now I don't know if I will ever try it out LOL

I've tried EVERY "Soul" game made by From, even buying them, despite...abandoning them after 5/6 hours of (frustrating) gameplay experience

I’m starting to get caught up in the hype - thinking about getting ER at launch even if I’m not sure I’m ready to play it yet.

The hype level is rising. And I just got confirmation that my copy has shipped. Didn't watch the launch trailer and am on media blackout until friday.

I accidentally rescheduled a meeting to release day.

I am a FOOL.
I have work until midnight but the next day off, probably going to jump in until 4AM straight after. 😂 See you all in the Lands Between, friends!

I saw the official screenshots and the story CGI trailer, have nope'd out since. It's been especially easy since the game broke street date, no need to even peep at ER news for the moment. 😂

First official review is 9.5 from Prima Games.

Reviewer lauds open world design and best boss fights in FromSoftware's history.

PC issues and asset re-use are the only negatives.

Same reviewer also gave Inscryption 9.5.

This is not a point of comparison. Just a reminder that Inscryption is a sick game.

First official review is 9.5 from Prima Games.

Reviewer lauds open world design and best boss fights in FromSoftware's history.

PC issues and asset re-use are the only negatives.

Same reviewer also gave Inscryption 9.5.

This is not a point of comparison. Just a reminder that Inscryption is a sick game.
I never know how to feel about asset reuse being a complaint. I want developers to go home and see their kids.

Here's what Prima Games had to say about PC performance issues (putting it into spoiler tags, just to be safe, haha)
"PC performance for Elden Ring will vary amongst users, but I had multiple crashes during boss fights and a number of areas like Liurnia of The Lakes where the framerate would take constant hits, even when playing on Low settings to try and preserve the frames." https://primagames.com/reviews/elden-ring-review
Not really in-depth or anything, so ... eh * shrug * Crashes are unfortunate, though.

Crashes sound worrying. Gonna need to hear from a bunch of reviewers first. Eagerly awaiting ACG’s video.

Any indications on PS5 performance? Apparently during the network test the game had a more consistent 60fps in BC rather than using the actual PS5 version. I assume they've tightened things up since then but it'd be nice to get impressions.

Been a fan of FromSoftware since Demons Souls, and really want to play this, but I also have no desire yet to pick up a PS5 or Series X. I wonder if it will play on Deck when I eventually get one?

Been a fan of FromSoftware since Demons Souls, and really want to play this, but I also have no desire yet to pick up a PS5 or Series X. I wonder if it will play on Deck when I eventually get one?
DS3 and Sekiro are both Deck verified, but ER's going to implement EAC for its online components, which is a first iirc, and might make it a bit more tricky to run on Deck/Linux. I think they were working on getting it [EAC, that is] up and running with Proton, though. I'd say chances are overall good that ER will be decent on Deck when all is said and done.

DS3 and Sekiro are both Deck verified, but ER's going to implement EAC for its online components, which is a first iirc, and might make it a bit more tricky to run on Deck/Linux. I think they were working on getting it [EAC, that is] up and running with Proton, though. I'd say chances are overall good that ER will be decent on Deck when all is said and done.

Yeah decent is all I care. I'm not one of those that cares whether it's 30 or 60 as long as it runs well.

Here's what Prima Games had to say about PC performance issues (putting it into spoiler tags, just to be safe, haha)
"PC performance for Elden Ring will vary amongst users, but I had multiple crashes during boss fights and a number of areas like Liurnia of The Lakes where the framerate would take constant hits, even when playing on Low settings to try and preserve the frames." https://primagames.com/reviews/elden-ring-review
Not really in-depth or anything, so ... eh * shrug * Crashes are unfortunate, though.
Crashes are more likely to get fixed than poor performance honestly.

Yeah straight up crashing I'm fairly sure will get fixed, though that shouldn't really make it to launch at all.

lvUJRUr.png

Oh wow, I wasn’t expecting such glowing reviews, but I’m happy about that!

I only got into the From Souls games at the start of the pandemic, being stuck indoors I picked up Bloodborne on PS4, and when I got my PS5 I grabbed Demon’s Souls. I finished and loved both, to the point that I also picked up Dark Souls III on sale but haven’t had a chance to play that yet.

I’m going to grab Elden Ring after I’m finished with Horizon: Forbidden West though! I was planning on getting it closer to the end of the year, but now I’m tempted to pick it up sooner.

My copy has, in fact, been dispatched a day earlier than what is usual. But they dispatched it in such a way that does not allow me to track it. Mrgrgr…

I don't tend to bother with reviews and I don't care about MC in the slightest but I genuinely did a comedy spit-take when I saw these roll in.

Is it Friday yet?

It will become a luck amulet. Action adventure games will now only be released after Guerrila define their release date.

I will be taking a good hard look at what releases the week after Horizon 3, that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom