• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Elden Ring Hype Thread [Release date February 25th, 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have other type of rewards. For example, a rune that amplifies the power of your weapon(or give some stats like fire) but it has some kind of durability. Or a more powerful weapon like oot's giant knife that breaks after some time but you have your weaker original sword to keep going.

The bow is even worst. I remember people comparing botw durabilty with ammo on fps shooters. But in this case it's as if even your gun had durability

Sure, they could. But I really loved the ability to find anything at any time. I find it to be one of the most thematically critical elements of exploration in BOTW. And the notion that weapons are a finite resource adds to the game's sense of survivalism. If you know you can just go charging into every situation armed to the teeth, it changes a lot about the way you approach the world and explore, and I think it would be lesser for that.

Anyway, I don't want to derail an ER thread on this topic.

Nice that it's verified on Steam Deck. Imagine Valve really wanted to get that one running.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not sure I'm feeling the game just yet. The first 2h are really slow due to the open world. That said, there are plenty of games that were love at second sight for me including BotW so let's see.
I've been watching streams of this game and yeah so far I'm not feeling it at all. The game feels desolate and dead which I guess is expected for a Souls game but I need some kind of NPCs in the world to care about. Kind of reminds me of Twilight Princess without NPCs. Which is my least favorite Zelda game.

I have had to stop playing Elden Ring to eat. I hate not playing Elden Ring. I never want to stop playing Elden Ring, and will be constructing an elaborate rube goldberg system of weights and pullies that will deliver food straight into my mouth at the earliest convenience.

Alright. Game is preloaded. I’ve picked out a starting class (Astrologer!). I’ve got a pen and notebook next to the TV. My wife is gonna create my character. I’m ready!

I’ll be looking after my kid tomorrow so I won’t get to play until the evening. 😬 Absolutely stoked to get started! Signing off now to avoid any other info; I’m ready to get lost in the Lands Between. Let’s talk in a few days, Fami

Is the ST going to be the place to facilitate jolly co-operation?

I'm not sure what the limitations of the password system are, either. Could the board agree upon a password (for example, 'EldenFam') and everyone have their worlds populated with other board members? Or would that severely limit our multiplayer experience?
Probably. I don't see why not.

so far not super impressed. games like botw and arceus were fun to run around because of how beautiful they were but this feels like just bigger dark souls 3, which is the worst one. hoping to have my opinion change with time.

so far not super impressed. games like botw and arceus were fun to run around because of how beautiful they were but this feels like just bigger dark souls 3, which is the worst one. hoping to have my opinion change with time.
Are you saying that Elden Ring isn't beautiful? And that Arceus is? I get that opinions are subjective, but holy moley what a hot take. I'm pretty nobody else on the internet will ever think this lol

Are you saying that Elden Ring isn't beautiful? And that Arceus is? I get that opinions are subjective, but holy moley what a hot take. I'm pretty nobody else on the internet will ever think this lol
I still got lots of areas to discover so I'm sure it'll get better. I probably shouldn't have looked at review scores tho, I think it's effecting my expectations.

I wouldn't use the word beautiful, but I would say that by comparison those two titles are far more relaxing or serene*. Dark Souls has it's own beauty but it's undeniably oppressive.

* I could be wrong on this for parts of Elden Ring. I'm only at the character creator.

All troopers!

Go! Go! Go!

212th-attack-battalion-star-wars.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom