• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Edge/MP1st || Star Wars Outlaws Details (level size, reputation system, and more)

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight

Speaking in the latest issue of EDGE magazine (issue #387), Creative Director Julian Gerighty shared some new details regarding Star Wars Outlaws, with one of them confirming that each planet in the game is big enough that traversing it — even with high-speed vehicles — will feel like a “journey. In comparison, the size of one planet might be about equivalent to two or three zones in Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey.
  • Focusing on “full freedom of approach” when it comes to encounters.
  • Exclusive quests, vendor prices, locked off areas can be accessed by the Reputation system. If you’re not in a faction’s good side, they can send people to chase you down, monetary punishment is also part of it/
  • Players will not have “total free rein” in terms of travel, you won’t be able to freely fly above the planet, and there will be set landing and take-off areas.
  • Nix (alien companion of protagonist Vass) can be directed by players to attack enemies, activate out-of-reach buttons, cause distractions, pick up heavy weapons from fallen foes, Massive says Nix is like a cross between Watch Dogs’ spiderbot, BioShock Infinite’s Elizabeth or like BD-1 from EA’s Star Wars Jedi games.
  • Each planet was designed to be big enough that traversing will feel like a “journey even on a vehicle that’s fast moving.
  • One planet equivalent to two to three of the zones in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
  • Locations are all “handcrafted” and there are no procedurally generated entire planets
  • Vass’ ship Trailblazer inspired by toys of the 1970s and was made to be “very, very simple.”

Ubisoft is hyping this up more than Avatar. I'm feeling the hype, but at the same time, it's Ubisoft

Wonder if this will be a part of Switch successor launch window lineup. Ubisoft is one of the hardest publishers to predict, I honestly cannot think what could they have for Switch 2. Other than inevitable port of AC Mirage.

Avatar is such a weird game because Far Cry Avatar feels like a joke people would make about how thematically incoherent and completely unoriginal Ubisoft is.

Avatar should be a mostly exploration game like Death Stranding or BotW (with less combat) with only some shooting parts.

Not... reversed.

It feels like Ubisoft is just incredibly untalented to the point of literally not being able to understand (very simple) films or make anything other than their one game.

Wonder if this will be a part of Switch successor launch window lineup. Ubisoft is one of the hardest publishers to predict, I honestly cannot think what could they have for Switch 2. Other than inevitable port of AC Mirage.
Assassin's Creed Red is allegedly coming next year, so they're not bereft of options. and it would be a good game for Japan, given how Ghosts of Tsushima did.

Avatar is such a weird game because Far Cry Avatar feels like a joke people would make about how thematically incoherent and completely unoriginal Ubisoft is.

Avatar should be a mostly exploration game like Death Stranding or BotW (with less combat) with only some shooting parts.

Not... reversed.

It feels like Ubisoft is just incredibly untalented to the point of literally not being able to understand (very simple) films or make anything other than their one game.
Ubisoft is like Taco Bell: same 5 ingredients between their 20+ menu items.

I expect Star Wars to be more like Assassin's Creed Valhalla but star wars

Not... reversed.

Please don't call developers that don't cater to your tastes untalented. Blame the management at least👀

Please don't call developers that don't cater to your tastes untalented. Blame the management at least👀

I mean, this isn't really "catering" as much as Avatar is obviously a film about world exploration and Massive seemed to... not do that at all?

Maybe it was the leads of Massive or upper management at Ubisoft who decided this direction, but however it ended up this way, it feels like a joke. Avatar is probably the most simplistic movie out there in terms of its meaning and the game managed to completely whiff.

I can't wait for this ('massive' Star Wars fan, heh), but I'll probably go in with... realistic expectations. Ubisoft checklists, a mostly surface level reputation system etc.

Kay's droid sidekick looks really cool, and I loved the small detail about calculating hyperspace coordinates. It's a small thing but stuff like that really does it for me.

I haven't played any of the "Ubisoft Formula" games since Far Cry 3 a decade ago, but if I'm gonna play one, it'll be the one with the Star Wars skin set in the former Shadows of the Empire era timeline. Guess that means I also won't be burnt out on said formula. If reviews are good, I'll definitely pick it up.

Boasting about the size of the game world, comparing it to AC in the way they do, puts me off the game more than it would be a selling point. Wide as the ocean but deep as a puddle, would be my first association in this case. But good for the developers to
at least be able to enjoy this ... technological achievement, I guess.

It's confusing me why MP1st is being mentioned/credited when all they did was copy/paste from Edge.

Really shitty practice to steal quotes like this and then get credit/clicks.

Back
Top Bottom