• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon's Dogma 2 |ST| Who let the Dogmas out?

I finally started this today. It runs so beautifully on my computer.

What does the exclamation mark on the radar mean? It seems to appear and disappear with purpose, but I have no idea what

I finally started this today. It runs so beautifully on my computer.

What does the exclamation mark on the radar mean? It seems to appear and disappear with purpose, but I have no idea what

So this took me a while to realize but they are usually things you can interact with. Like a ladder, boulder you can push down a hill etc.

Man Battahl kicked my butt today. First time entering and I decided to wander around, in comes a griffin and a bunch of redwolves. Both my hired pawns died and I rescued my main pawn with less than one revive bar left, I kept getting jumped by the damn wolves while trying to res him.

I'm scared 😱

Man Battahl kicked my butt today. First time entering and I decided to wander around, in comes a griffin and a bunch of redwolves. Both my hired pawns died and I rescued my main pawn with less than one revive bar left, I kept getting jumped by the damn wolves while trying to res him.

I'm scared 😱

My game seems to hate me then, i've been attacked by a griffin three times so far (aggro'd itself everytime 'cause i knew i should avoid that at early levels), twice by a lesser dragon, and at least 6 times by those ... minotaur(?) things.

Oh and just yesterday evening ... a Lich(?).

Not counted the double digit ogre and cyclops encounters. And of course those countings above do not include the quest / story related encounters.

I can't tell you how many stamina recovery items i carry because i've had to run away so many times.

... and i haven't even explored 50% of Vermund, 0 of Battahl.

Honestly, is the Vermund army sleeping or what? Why does it feels there's an ogre ever 10 steps?

a282aa9dad7b328aff8d30005317d66fe6498137.jpg

I love how my pawns are serving in the background of every cutscene.

This game is so unintentionally comedic. Was talking to Brant near the castle gates and a massive Drake deadass dropped out of the sky and killed him. Had to repel it while the townspeople all cowered and then use a wakestone on his corpse 🤨

I was also thinking we should list our Pawns for hire, since we can give each other RC and check out others builds.

Mine is:

Name: Vento
ID: 142O4ZA9PXDP
Level 14 Mage
Platform: Steam/PC

Let me know what yours are and I can add it to a list. And let me know if you hire my guy! :D
I was going to summon your pawn, but I had nowhere near enough crystals to afford him now lol... Maybe one day!

I fucked up big time. I sold all of the Courtly attire i found and now i need them for the coronation. I have bought the shirt for $150,000. Now i have to grind another 150,000 for the pants

The quest that leads inside the Ancient Battleground is worth doing especially for Mystic Spearhand vocation.
Whoa really? I just did that and didn't find anything super special (except for the jumpscare very far afterwards). Does it have to do with the key? Cause I couldn't find what to do with that

I fucked up big time. I sold all of the Courtly attire i found and now i need them for the coronation. I have bought the shirt for $150,000. Now i have to grind another 150,000 for the pants

I think you can buy them for cheap elsewhere...maybe at the forgery guy at the Checkpoint Rest Town?

Whoa really? I just did that and didn't find anything super special (except for the jumpscare very far afterwards). Does it have to do with the key? Cause I couldn't find what to do with that

It's towards the other direction of that hallway, when leaving that room with the bell turn left and it should be the first door on your right.

He sells them for 300k each

Oh damn, my bad 😅

Well I did find a second set randomly when exploring some of the buildings in the Noble Quarter in Vernworth. Might be a better use of time than the money grind? Best of luck!

Last edited:
Yesterday evening i had peak Dragons Dogma shittery fun.

I followed the Ulrika questline up to the point where the folks of Melve fought their way out of the city and abandoned it, moving to that coastal town.
You had to wait some days, then go to said town and tell Ulrika what happened. Okay, i did that.
Some stuff followed, and ... it appears that Ulrika is now my girlfriend? Well okay.

Anyway, after all that, i walked back to Vermund, because i was too stingy to use a Ferrystone.
Here's part 1 of the shittery: On the way back to Vermund, i had to fight 3, in letters three, Ogres. On a path that takes maybe 5 real-life minutes.
Why the heck are Ogres almost as common as Goblins?

Well, at night after lots of climbing on hairy Ogre heads, i finally arrived at Vermund. Wanted to go to my house, drop unneeded inventory and sleep one round, only to find Ulrika (remember, my girlfriend from above?) standing in front of my house, asking me to accompany her home.
First of all, how the fuck did you get here before me girl? There's like one way and i was on that, didn't see you.
Second, did you come all the way up to Vermund, risking jail 'cause you still are marked as a traitor, just to go back home right away and wanting me to bring you there?

So ... of course, i accepted the quest, and just went back to the coastal village again. At least i didn't have to fight Ogres this time?!
And after i dropped her off, i walked right back to Vermund again, because i'm still too stingy to use a Ferrystone.

That was my yesterday Dragons Dogma playsession.

Dragon's Dogma, y'all.

Like I said. I sold all of them.
I'm not sure if you can gift pawns with regular clothes, but I could try and give you some by hiring your pawn and leaving the pants as a gift?? Not sure it works but could be worth a try.

I finally started Dragon’s Dogma II tonight! Not terribly far at all as all I did was make my Arisen and my main pawn, but I’m excited to properly start my adventure nonetheless. I love playing with all of the sliders in character creators, so I was stuck here for a few hours ultimately and wow it’s awesome. With how complex it is, I really dug the pick three faces system it leads with especially as a way to get close to where you want to go ultimately. I also really dug having tons of lighting options plus a walking animation to test out to make sure your character doesn’t look weird in different circumstances (always heartbreaking when you make a character you like in a creator and then it just animates horribly haha). I also dug being able to rewind up to ten moves essentially as you could mess around with multiple sliders to create something silly and then revert back to working on your characters. Fairly happy how both of my characters turned out, so I should start exploring the world tomorrow!

I finally started Dragon’s Dogma II tonight! Not terribly far at all as all I did was make my Arisen and my main pawn, but I’m excited to properly start my adventure nonetheless. I love playing with all of the sliders in character creators, so I was stuck here for a few hours ultimately and wow it’s awesome. With how complex it is, I really dug the pick three faces system it leads with especially as a way to get close to where you want to go ultimately. I also really dug having tons of lighting options plus a walking animation to test out to make sure your character doesn’t look weird in different circumstances (always heartbreaking when you make a character you like in a creator and then it just animates horribly haha). I also dug being able to rewind up to ten moves essentially as you could mess around with multiple sliders to create something silly and then revert back to working on your characters. Fairly happy how both of my characters turned out, so I should start exploring the world tomorrow!
Great, hope you enjoy it! My main advice is don't feel like you need to rush the story, exploring is the name of the game. If you're needing some RC or a material you're having trouble with, I can hire your pawn and give it to you :)

Sorry but no one should hire my pawn right now, he's sick and needs to go to the doctor.... doctor Brine :'(

82d370e40c8e5f185050d275bf31d59d6643a107.pnj

Still starting out here in a lot of ways, but I’m having a good time. I’m working towards the quest right now where you can get a house and in the meantime I’m exploring the roads near the capital and building myself up. Seven hours in, I finally found better pants, a shield, and a sword and I just bought better top armor so I finally feel more confident exploring. I’m guessing this was true of the first game and I forgot, but I was taken aback there’s no dodge roll and seemingly thus far no way to unlock one. It does give the game a unique flavor and makes encounters feel more perilous. Not sure how much I’m playing tonight still, but I’m eager to keep going.

I've been casually mixing it up between main quest and exploring around while doing side quests. I think I just hit the point of no return, which actually came way sooner than I thought. Not in a bad way, though, as I'm actually totally okay with that. But now I'm just gonna spend time uncovered roads and areas I haven't seen yet before continuing the main path.

Hm, maybe i'm wrong (rather likely), but it feels like vocation leveling is somewhat slower here.

Currently going through the starting vocations to gather the passives i think work for a good Mystic Spearhand ... and man ... it's a drag.

Some of the walking back and forth across the map for quests can get a bit tedious, but otherwise I feel like I’m really getting into the game now. Had a lot of fun exploring the map, knocking out quests, and especially finding and clearing out caves. I’m feeling pretty into the groove of combat now too and took on my first trolls, chimeras, and golems today. I think I have a calm weekend ahead so I’m excited I’ll be able to put a lot of time in.

The more I play this game, the more I’m really enjoying it. I think I’m about to be heading far Eastward Westward soon in the main story (I saw the cutscene with the fake king commanding the pawns, but haven’t followed up with Brant yet) so I was wrapping up a handful of quests and started poking around areas of the map that were still in shadow and where I thought caves might be. I didn’t have anything too elaborate tonight compared to prior ones, but even so I really dug this one mining cave I found where you had to break holes in the walls and fall into pits on purpose to move forward and find new paths. Some had explosive barrels nearby and while sometimes I’ve been able to have my pawns target objects with ranged attacks, they weren’t cooperating here. My solution that I enjoyed was to grab a nearby rock and chuck it at the barrel which was silly and very effective. The other cave I enjoyed tonight was just a very small cave near a river that was largely empty, but when I grabbed the treasure in there I got swarmed by the dinosaur guys (Saurians iirc?) including one with the poison. I always thought the poison ones were bad news and always played cautiously when fighting. I had no idea they could deal almost instantly fatal damage if they hit you with back to back poison attacks. I had been getting pretty overconfident since my level is getting high and I’ve been melting some of the bigger enemies, so it was just a fun reminder to be cautious. (I survived to be clear)

Last thing I want to mention, I got one of the master skills for the basic sword fighter job and it’s such a cool all or nothing attack with a big flurry of strikes. Incidentally, while I changed my pawn’s job to the other mage class for now, I’ve been hesitant to change mine since I’m too big of a Shadow of the Colossus fan to want to give up climbing on the big guys lol. Are there other unlockable classes similar to the basic sword fighter with fairly swift melee attacks that still let you climb on stuff? Want to know what to aim to unlock or try out.

Last edited:
Are there other unlockable classes similar to the basic sword fighter with fairly swift melee attacks that still let you climb on stuff? Want to know what to aim to unlock or try out.
Well all the classes let you climb on stuff. Theif has some augments for it specifically, and Archer has an early augment for increasing your stamina

Well all the classes let you climb on stuff. Theif has some augments for it specifically, and Archer has an early augment for increasing your stamina
Sorry I guess I should be more clear, I’ve seen Thief pawns climb on a monster with me and stab it, but aside from them, do archers for example still have a melee attack in that scenario when they climb on a monster? I figured everyone can climb on a big guy, but being able to slice and stab into them (like Shadow of the Colossus) is something I was skeptical every class could.

Thanks for letting me know Thieves get abilities for climbing. I was considering giving them a try since I’ve seen them bounce around the battlefield which looked awesome.

Sorry I guess I should be more clear, I’ve seen Thief pawns climb on a monster with me and stab it, but aside from them, do archers for example still have a melee attack in that scenario when they climb on a monster? I figured everyone can climb on a big guy, but being able to slice and stab into them (like Shadow of the Colossus) is something I was skeptical every class could.

Thanks for letting me know Thieves get abilities for climbing. I was considering giving them a try since I’ve seen them bounce around the battlefield which looked awesome.
Yeah, I suppose not every class can do it equally as strong as others, but every class has the basic ability to climb and attack. Archers for instance, can not only stab directly with arrows, but also their specialty arrows to do status effects.

Yeah, I suppose not every class can do it equally as strong as others, but every class has the basic ability to climb and attack. Archers for instance, can not only stab directly with arrows, but also their specialty arrows to do status effects.
Ooh that sounds neat!

Have an amusing side quest story to share. I’m heading West now (mistakingly said East in my prior post) and wanted to be thorough checking out branching pathways as I went so I stumbled into a cave that was filled with wolves that were terrorizing a random kid. On rescuing him, I’m supposed to bring him to a town I haven’t been to yet, but I have a pawn to lead the way so no sweat right?

On my way up a mountain path I get into a battle with a troll and no sooner did I kill it before a griffin shows up. The kid stops moving and while I could have grabbed him and run away, I hit level 30 and figured ok I haven’t tried fighting one of these in a while let’s see how it goes. So I’m fighting him and one of my pawns and the child gets blown off the cliff, but luckily there’s a small ledge just below so they are fine. I figured I’d jump on the griffin now and it flys off with me (so I got the trophy for that lol) and it lands on a mountaintop just above. So now it’s just me and the griffin as it seems there is no way down. But wait! The kid and only the kid decides to teleport up to me and now I’m like shoot I don’t want him to get hit so I search around the mountaintop and see some ruins I could probably use to jump down. I figured well if the kid got up there, surely he can get down. Nope. Not at all. So now the griffin is just menacingly staring down the kid who refuses to move and I tried running around the whole thing and there’s no way back up. I try moving farther away so he leaves my radar and nope he’s still up there with no way to call for him.

I then tried running to the village hoping he’d teleport if I talk to the grandfather. He’s very jolly and makes no reference to him lol. I have no idea when my last hard save was (I don’t think camping counts right?) and it’s getting dark so I run back to where the kid was and uhhh he’s gone. So I run back in the dark now to the forest and cave I found him in and thankfully he’s there. When I talk to him figuring he might be upset he just says “I gotta get it together!” which lol. So now I’m making the trip back, zombies are popping up left and right and occasionally the kid runs right toward them(?), but anytime he does I just grabbed him and ran away. Finally I reunite him with the grandpa who says “It’s a miracle you’re back!” which uh yeah…I’ll say lol.

Have an amusing side quest story to share. I’m heading West now (mistakingly said East in my prior post) and wanted to be thorough checking out branching pathways as I went so I stumbled into a cave that was filled with wolves that were terrorizing a random kid. On rescuing him, I’m supposed to bring him to a town I haven’t been to yet, but I have a pawn to lead the way so no sweat right?

On my way up a mountain path I get into a battle with a troll and no sooner did I kill it before a griffin shows up. The kid stops moving and while I could have grabbed him and run away, I hit level 30 and figured ok I haven’t tried fighting one of these in a while let’s see how it goes. So I’m fighting him and one of my pawns and the child gets blown off the cliff, but luckily there’s a small ledge just below so they are fine. I figured I’d jump on the griffin now and it flys off with me (so I got the trophy for that lol) and it lands on a mountaintop just above. So now it’s just me and the griffin as it seems there is no way down. But wait! The kid and only the kid decides to teleport up to me and now I’m like shoot I don’t want him to get hit so I search around the mountaintop and see some ruins I could probably use to jump down. I figured well if the kid got up there, surely he can get down. Nope. Not at all. So now the griffin is just menacingly staring down the kid who refuses to move and I tried running around the whole thing and there’s no way back up. I try moving farther away so he leaves my radar and nope he’s still up there with no way to call for him.

I then tried running to the village hoping he’d teleport if I talk to the grandfather. He’s very jolly and makes no reference to him lol. I have no idea when my last hard save was (I don’t think camping counts right?) and it’s getting dark so I run back to where the kid was and uhhh he’s gone. So I run back in the dark now to the forest and cave I found him in and thankfully he’s there. When I talk to him figuring he might be upset he just says “I gotta get it together!” which lol. So now I’m making the trip back, zombies are popping up left and right and occasionally the kid runs right toward them(?), but anytime he does I just grabbed him and ran away. Finally I reunite him with the grandpa who says “It’s a miracle you’re back!” which uh yeah…I’ll say lol.
Hahaha that kid quest is cursed for sure. I mistakenly thought I had to defeat this magical skull thing by the flower garden at night, it took me forever. Then I found out that was the last place the kid was seen and not where he was.

Hahaha that kid quest is cursed for sure. I mistakenly thought I had to defeat this magical skull thing by the flower garden at night, it took me forever. Then I found out that was the last place the kid was seen and not where he was.
Ooh some of the “figure out where the person/thing actually is” quests can be tough here. Always feels satisfying when I found them on my own, but I definitely googled two of them.

At least you managed to get the good ending I did not! I ignored looking for the kid before I realized it was a time sensitive quest and...well yeah.

Does anyone have Fulminous Shield? I need a forged copy of it for a quest, although a real one would instantly solve my issue. For context (spoilering just in case, nothing important) I gave all 5 of the books to Myrrdin, not realizing another quest also asks for those same books and you only need to give 3 to each of them for the quest to complete. There's an NPC who will trade you one of the books for Fulminous Shield or a forged copy, but I don't have mine anymore. Either way, I would still need one more to get the quest done, so if anyone doesn't care about the mage or sorceror maister abilities, could you help me out? I'm on PC, and my pawn's ID is EZK5K3X4VZ82

It's not much, but I could reward you with a Finder's Token.

Does anyone have Fulminous Shield? I need a forged copy of it for a quest, although a real one would instantly solve my issue. For context (spoilering just in case, nothing important) I gave all 5 of the books to Myrrdin, not realizing another quest also asks for those same books and you only need to give 3 to each of them for the quest to complete. There's an NPC who will trade you one of the books for Fulminous Shield or a forged copy, but I don't have mine anymore. Either way, I would still need one more to get the quest done, so if anyone doesn't care about the mage or sorceror maister abilities, could you help me out? I'm on PC, and my pawn's ID is EZK5K3X4VZ82

It's not much, but I could reward you with a Finder's Token.

You don't need to give Trysha all books, 3 are enough. So if you still have some of them, as you just asked for one specific one, you can still proceed the quest.

Ironically, 3 are also / would've also been enough for Myrrdin.

Context for the quest: Myrrdin and Trysha are father and daughter, and you're "actually supposed" to do Trysha's quest first. She gives you an item that allows you to basically "cheat" the Myrrdin quest with forgeries, due to how the Trysha quest turns out (good ending at least) Myrrdin's going to reward you without issues, which iirc he doesn't do if you give him a single forgery.

I don't know how the Trysha quest reacts if you give her forgeries, try to give her three legit books for the full reward. I know at least from this Deathknell Something Tome that there's two legit copies you can get for example. I think there's two others too that you can get more than one legit version.

It's a bit dumb that there's so much connection in the quests without much context given to the player, but technically Trysha's quest is the Maister skill quest for the Mage vocation (but you also get a Sorcerer Maister skill), and Myrrdin is the standalone Sorcerer Maister quest.
So following the "base vocation" first -> "advanced vocaction" next.

The game would really benefit from a Xenoblade-like NPC relationship chart.

Got to the
Title Screen

I did not expect the game to become
an "almost" Rogue Like. I had an "interesting"time losing 3 hours of progress last night

I had a lot of time today and explored a majority of Battahl and finally reached the city right at the end. Loved this area a ton! The shifting elevations and the many caves made it exciting to explore and the region itself looked amazing. Might be busy tomorrow, not sure, but I’m hoping to clean up the last few areas there.

Also exciting, I took down my first two griffins today! One I ended up riding on from one end of the map to the other as it tried to escape back to its nest lol. Maybe I’ll try taking on a dragon sometime soon without the aid of ballista 👀 (I killed the one in the Ancient Battlefield that way in two hits)

You don't need to give Trysha all books, 3 are enough. So if you still have some of them, as you just asked for one specific one, you can still proceed the quest.

Ironically, 3 are also / would've also been enough for Myrrdin.

Context for the quest: Myrrdin and Trysha are father and daughter, and you're "actually supposed" to do Trysha's quest first. She gives you an item that allows you to basically "cheat" the Myrrdin quest with forgeries, due to how the Trysha quest turns out (good ending at least) Myrrdin's going to reward you without issues, which iirc he doesn't do if you give him a single forgery.

I don't know how the Trysha quest reacts if you give her forgeries, try to give her three legit books for the full reward. I know at least from this Deathknell Something Tome that there's two legit copies you can get for example. I think there's two others too that you can get more than one legit version.

It's a bit dumb that there's so much connection in the quests without much context given to the player, but technically Trysha's quest is the Maister skill quest for the Mage vocation (but you also get a Sorcerer Maister skill), and Myrrdin is the standalone Sorcerer Maister quest.
So following the "base vocation" first -> "advanced vocaction" next.

The game would really benefit from a Xenoblade-like NPC relationship chart.
As for your spoiler, I did say that, about only needing 3. I know that now, but at the time I only had a single book left.

An NPC chart would be cool. Some random NPCs actually have familial relationships that are only mentioned if one of them dies too. There's a weird amount of depth to them even with no quests attached.

Hired a high level pawn with rift points and it immediately fell off a cliff and died in its first battle somehow. 🫠

About to start playing more Dragon’s Dogma today. I’m really close to the end now as I’ve explored every inch of the world currently available to me and apparently just have four main story quests left. I have a few loose ends I’m considering doing (Sphinx Riddles and trying out other vocations), but otherwise I’m heading towards the end. Was an awesome game, excited to wrap it up.

I just entered the final sequence for Dragon’s Dogma II, The Unmoored World. Both eager and nervous to start tackling that tomorrow.

I did end up trying both Archer and Magic Archer out and did complete the Sphinx riddles. Had some good fun there to sort of wrap up the main game for me.

b0a2a8aca035bcf081b022d388206cc1fb9e3c80.jpg

Finished up a quest in a cave a few days back and this asshole griffin was spawncamping me! Went back inside the cave and waited til he finally flew off.

@xghost777 Good luck! I'm still dilly dallying and doing random stuff so you'll probably beat it before me.

After 58.5 hours, I’m done with Dragon’s Dogma II! Truly fantastic game with tremendous exploration and exciting combat throughout. The story kind of lost me towards the end despite me loving specific parts and enjoying the characters, but the drive for adventure the game inspires more than made up for it.

The final sequence, which I did in one long sitting tonight, wasn’t too bad as I had been hoarding items all game and was fully focused on completing the objectives. I only ended up using two wake stones and never touched my all heals so yeah that went well there. I felt very satisfied and was ready to end the game quickly, but I did acquire and strengthen the Dragon’s Dogma at least since that sounded cool haha.

My turn to finish the game at 80ish hours. I'm still collecting my thoughts but man I really, really loved that. The whole final chunk of it worked really well for me and brought the themes of the whole story so neatly together. I can't believe how good this game came out.

image.png

GLhWmnhXAAARydj

Next patch. I'm a bit bummed about reducing Dragonsplague because I think it's super cool, but they got a lot of complaints.
Yeah, I just got my first dragonsplague that I wasn't able to prevent yesterday, after 55 hours. I don't think it needed fixing. But I did saw all the complaints on the DD's reddit (they fucking hate this game anyway lmfao)

The cutscene was super scary, I loved it ! It really freaked me out.

Back
Top Bottom