• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon's Dogma 2 |ST| Who let the Dogmas out?

Controversy creates cash?

In all fairness the drama around DD2 was somewhar inflated by people on the internet who haven't played either game. The actual gameplay, systems and mechanics are all very fun.

It just sucks that its the PC port at launch getting screwed again.

I've put 24 hours into the game since launch and haven't done a single quest in the main city. I've cleared most of the content accessible in the first region and starting to fatigue, so will move straight onto the main quest @ Lvl 25. Playing Warrior which feels like a bit of a mistake due to slow combat speed.

This game does so many things well but is in desperate need of QoL. Dreadful and confusing save system, no simple fast travel (limited locations to fast travel to also), no mounts, no targeting/dodging, slow stamina regen out of combat, trying to fight goddamn harpies, limited map functionality, pawns regularly killing themselves, strict pawn healing criteria, default 'night' selection for camping, near invisible tiny coins...it all just seems so unnecessarily archaic.

A truly beautiful game world somewhat spoiled by a bunch of frustrations. I understand that some of this adds to the charm of the series, but sheesh.

Last edited:
I find the save system fine, what issue did you have with it?
It's very easy to select the Load from Last Inn, either out of curiousity or by accident. The biggest issue is that loading via this option immediately overrides any other auto-save/manual save, potentially losing you hours. It's crazy bad.

It's very easy to select the Load from Last Inn, either out of curiousity or by accident. The biggest issue is that loading via this option immediately overrides any other auto-save/manual save, potentially losing you hours. It's crazy bad.
Oh I see, I haven't done that but it sounds annoying!

wtf, that’s terrible!

For people who already visited Brant in the tavern, did he totally smash the candelabra on the table for anyone else? He did on mine and I laughed super hard, it didn't seem intentional

For people who already visited Brant in the tavern, did he totally smash the candelabra on the table for anyone else? He did on mine and I laughed super hard, it didn't seem intentional

Nah not for me, but that does sound hilarious.

The last quest is absolutely brutal in difficulty. All my level 40 pawns getting one shot by a boss, and me (level 35, Warrior) getting killed in about 4 or 5 shots lmao

I really hoped I would be able to quickly finish the game in order to go to new game + (cause that's where the real fun begin imo, when you can just destroy everything with your endgame gear), but looks like I'm in for a few more grind. Thankfully you level up really quickly in this game I think.

I might have summoned a pawn with Dragonsplague, and apparently the best cure is to throw him into the ocean to drown him 😅

^A good video of what advanced Dragonplaue in a Pawn looks like. If they're this bad, you need to throw them into the Brine ASAP, even if they're your chosen Pawn.

images

Last edited:
Looks like I summoned a pawn with Dragonsplague, and apparently the best cure is to throw him into the ocean to drown him 😅

^A good video of what advanced Dragonplaue in a Pawn looks like. If they're this bad, you need to throw them into the Brine ASAP, even if they're your chosen Pawn.

images
This shit is scaring me so much. Imagine not realizing one of your pawn is infected, and they start to refuse to help you during a very hard boss lol

What scared me the most was when I hired pawns 8 levels or so ahead of me, for 999 rift points each, and I really hoped I didn't waste my points on some infected ones lmao

I was also thinking we should list our Pawns for hire, since we can give each other RC and check out others builds.

Mine is:

Name: Vento
ID: 142O4ZA9PXDP
Level 14 Mage
Platform: Steam/PC

Let me know what yours are and I can add it to a list. And let me know if you hire my guy! :D

Last edited:
You know i didn't keep in touch with everything marketing/previewing pre-launch, 'cause the game was a Day 1 buy simply due to me being a huge DD 1 fan.

But just now, when reading about the Vocations in the game, i've seen there's no Mystic Knight anymore?

Capcom ... why? ;_;

Good they announced their brief update roadmap. Roadmap? Well probably not that but at least they confirmed what improvements are coming.

20+ hours from the past weekend and this game might already be GOTY status for me. I do wonder if vocations like Magick Spearhand are actually tied to the story quests or do you just unlock them like you do Warrior and Sorcerer?

The beloved system in this game keeps to deliver lmao

I had multiple characters at max infinity (Menela, Ulrika, Wilhelmina...), but the game chosed Sigurd even though I only did the main quest in which he appears, and done a procedural side quest for him and that's it lmao

This game is so funny. I actually had a romance scene with Wilhelmina, but nah, it's actually my master from a vocation I don't even use who is my beloved haha

I know this will bring multiple rage posts all over the internet again, but to me it's just so funny

Good they announced their brief update roadmap. Roadmap? Well probably not that but at least they confirmed what improvements are coming.

20+ hours from the past weekend and this game might already be GOTY status for me. I do wonder if vocations like Magick Spearhand are actually tied to the story quests or do you just unlock them like you do Warrior and Sorcerer?
For Magick Spearhand and Illusionist you just have to meet the masters of the vocation. For magick archer and the last one (forgot how it's called) you'll have a quest to do but you'll see on the map where their masters are located.

Been dreading checking this thread because of all the missinfo spreading on Reddit and Twitter, but I’m glad this one is pretty chill. I’m like maybe 30 hours in and it’s looking like the main quest is almost done. But I’m doing almost every side quest I find.

Also I like how I can now think of Dark Arisen on Switch as the PSP spin-off this game would’ve gotten back in the day.

I started the game and with a few hours in so far it's working pretty well for me. I don't want to jinx it since I don't think I've gotten to the first city yet but I have been to a village and a town which were pretty populated, and this is on max settings. I do have a pretty good PC so there's that. This game unlocked for me on Thursday at like 5pm but the negativity honestly made me wait until like 12 am last night to try it .... I was worried that even if it'd run well at first that it'd suddenly start working poorly after investing hours into it and I'd just get even more sad about it 😭 Going to be kicking myself if I could have been playing since Thursday without issues

For Magick Spearhand and Illusionist you just have to meet the masters of the vocation. For magick archer and the last one (forgot how it's called) you'll have a quest to do but you'll see on the map where their masters are located.

Ok cool thanks. I remember Capcom said in previews you have to look for it, but wasn't sure if it was similar to the ones I mentioned before or a person.

I bet I missed the person entirely at Harve or Melve lol. I'll look for them tonight or tomorrow.

Ok cool thanks. I remember Capcom said in previews you have to look for it, but wasn't sure if it was similar to the ones I mentioned before or a person.

I bet I missed the person entirely at Harve or Melve lol. I'll look for them tonight or tomorrow.
I accidentally found him in Harve when I was looking for the chief’s house. He has a pretty chiefly looking house location.

You can first meet him at Melve very early on if you're doing Elrika's quests (quest that can't be done anymore if you've done the coronation), just met him this way in new game +. Then yeah I've read that he can appear at Harve but I don't know what triggers it.

And when you'll be in the desert, a main quest will ask you to go somewhere to slay a lesser dragon. But by then (I think it start after the coronation), masters of those hidden vocations appear on your map.
You'll meet him there and he will assist you. Personally that's when I first met him.

It’s kinda funny both the vocations I found so far I found while looking for something else

That's Dragons Dogma in a nutshell.

You plan to go to this place and do this stuff, and end up being sidelined by n-th amount of other things while on the way to that place.

The games should get their own genre: Open World Procrastination.

One of my hired pawns somehow died while I was sleeping during an oxcart ride? We arrived in town, I look around and there's only two of them 😅 Gone completely.

Speaking of which anyone else playing on Steam wanting to swap our Main Pawns? I'm in the level 15-20 range

My pawn been to a player who kills people for better framerate in towns lmao

My pawn said "we sent so many people to the morgue... I'm glad to finally be back"

The main pawn comments when they're back are overall so funny.

"The master I served was so weird... Kind of a nomad... We spent all our time camping..."
"I've seen so many death... That was awful."
"We didn't do much, I pretty much was useless"

This shit is scaring me so much. Imagine not realizing one of your pawn is infected, and they start to refuse to help you during a very hard boss lol

What scared me the most was when I hired pawns 8 levels or so ahead of me, for 999 rift points each, and I really hoped I didn't waste my points on some infected ones lmao
Meanwhile, my main cat pawn is a big tiger dude with red, serpentine eyes...

At least him being a calm type means means I can pay attention to his dialogue to try and pick out things.

You can first meet him at Melve very early on if you're doing Elrika's quests (quest that can't be done anymore if you've done the coronation), just met him this way in new game +. Then yeah I've read that he can appear at Harve but I don't know what triggers it.

Yeah that's how I met him. Actually after I finished that quest he actually walked up to me and just started a conversation. I wasn't pay attention because I was chatting with a friend about the mystic spearhand and then after some button presses boom! Mystic Spearhand unlocked lol.

Definitely a bit of a learning curve but it's already fun spinning the duospear around.

Since I maxed Fighter on my Arisen and Mage on my main pawn I may make her into a Thief and I think this world could use more Thief pawns to hire...

Does anyone have a good archer or magik archer youtube video? Want to see what see the very good players can do.

I gave my pawn a lighter set of robes and he keeps popping his hip to show off his leg? I guess he was serious about wanting to serve (looks). 😅
I also finally got my house and am super happy I did for saving money + NPCs you're friends with leave you gifts at your front door!

00b6e0d08331ea81c568f32cbbf3554bd62ad863.jpg

I hope the announced patch is coming soon. While i don't have an issues (maybe yet?), i'm also still in the middle of Unicorn Overlord so i figured i make some progress there and wait a bit for the patch.

Kinda want the house early, fuck those Inn prices. I don't remember Gran Soren being this expensive!

This could be a good thing with the Switch 2 version coming after the other systems. Capcom can resolve the issues and hopefully deliver a more polished product on the Switch 2.

Wow they really are treating Xbox players like second class by not just waiting for its patch to be approved to release this for everyone. I've been fine with the current performance but will try the locked 30fps to see if it makes any difference in Vernworth.

Quoted by: em
Wow they really are treating Xbox players like second class by not just waiting for its patch to be approved to release this for everyone.
Larian straight up skipped multiple patches on the Xbox version of BG3 this year. I'm not sure if Microsoft is directly to blame for slow approval or devs are de-prioritizing the tiny Xbox customer base.

Larian straight up skipped multiple patches on the Xbox version of BG3 this year. I'm not sure if Microsoft is directly to blame for slow approval or devs are de-prioritizing the tiny Xbox customer base.

Oh wow, yeah it's gotta be their approval process then.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Capcom User Survey

They want feedback and are also asking questions about DLC. I'm definitely mentioning PC optimization and enemy variety as issues.
Enemy variety and just more vocations, here.

Waiting so long for what effectively is just three new classes, with one being basically just "Styleswitcher the Class", was a bit of a let down. Especially when DDO's offerings looked so cool.

I answered a survey. Told Capcom I"ll buy it in a sale. I just heard too much about performance issues.
They fixed a lot of them, depending on the platform you're playing on

Like from what I understand there's still frame drops, but a PS5 or a decent PC runs the game pretty well now (don't know about Xbox but apparently not?)

So ... is there an explanation/reason why there's so many pawns having names like "SphinxMother" or "SphinxFather" and the like?

So ... is there an explanation/reason why there's so many pawns having names like "SphinxMother" or "SphinxFather" and the like?
It's for a quest.

One of the Sphinx's riddles ends up being a quest that involves summoning a certain pawn. Won't reveal too much more if you want to discover for yourself, but hiring one can do you good later.

28 hours in and I haven't even gotten to Battahl yet! I've done most side quests that's come my way, I did everything for Brant, I went on random adventures and got some RC to re-make my Pawn so he no longer has red eyes on default (don't want people to think he has Dragon Plague)

Finally gonna move on with the story (which I hear is so-so and you don't need to rush for it anyways)

Back
Top Bottom