• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon's Dogma 2 |ST| Who let the Dogmas out?

GLhWmnhXAAARydj

Next patch. I'm a bit bummed about reducing Dragonsplague because I think it's super cool, but they got a lot of complaints.
I never got Dragonsplague, but I was super nervous about it. I always stared at all of my pawns first thing in the morning every time I rested haha.

I never got Dragonsplague, but I was super nervous about it. I always stared at all of my pawns first thing in the morning every time I rested haha.
I did the exact same thing. I hired a pawn once with no visible sign of it and got a tutorial message for Dragonsplague. I fired him instantly.

Am i the only one that thinks they went a biiiiiiiiiit too much with enemy encounters in Battahl and the island?

Feels like am action-RPG, non-random-battle version of old random-battle JRPGs. One step, boom ... battle.

On the way to the island (the long one, not from the Battahl capital) i had to fight 3 cyclopses after another, all of the were a few steps away from each other.
And don't get me started on the amount of those goblins-on-steroids.

Am i the only one that thinks they went a biiiiiiiiiit too much with enemy encounters in Battahl and the island?

Feels like am action-RPG, non-random-battle version of old random-battle JRPGs. One step, boom ... battle.

On the way to the island (the long one, not from the Battahl capital) i had to fight 3 cyclopses after another, all of the were a few steps away from each other.
And don't get me started on the amount of those goblins-on-steroids.
I think the Volcanic Island is fair, it's at the end of the game, there's not THAT much to do over there, and it's rather small.

But Battahl is hardcore yeah. My first ever travel there was a nightmare. I spent half of the road to the Battahl capital running with no HP, being pursued by 10 wolves, 10 bandits, and 5 skeletons (cause it became night in the meanwhile, wouldn't be fun otherwise).
Worst thing is taking an oxcart. You just pray for not encountering anything, cause otherwise you know your cart is getting destroyed by whatever you encounter in Battahl lmao

Finally got to the post game, and it's pretty interesting. For a game that has as many annoyances and inconveniences as it does, it certainly has been more addicting than I was anticipating with 80 hours in.

Also, agreed on there being way too many encounters so often, especially in a game where fast travel is so limited.

The new patch was actually better than I expected for the pawns, seems like its triggering specific/special dialogue more often. I'm hearing lines I haven't heard before, some of it mission specific when previously they said the ol' faithful "where are we to go now?".

Meanwhile the game is BEGGING me to start endgame while I frolic in the meadows, do menial sidequests and go to the hot springs. Ambrosius can wait a few more weeks, right?

Back
Top Bottom