• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Donkey Kong Community |ST| No Country For Old Kongs

I never expected Forever to be the devs! Color me surprised!

I'll defend Forever Entertainment to a point; -- I feel they reaching for games like The House of the Dead and Front Mission, even if the results aren't quite stellar as the originals, it's more important to have these hard to access games on modern systems then not having any version at all.

I'm sure DKCR HD is also a game that Nintendo would provide all the support for them to get it right, unlike SEGA which just licensed their IPs without much supervision...

buuuut.. I think even humoring the idea of the scrapped K. Rool fight from Tropical Freeze Switch popping up here is out of the question now :<
Sonic colours still hurts me...

I definitely think it can beat DKCR 3Ds 1.5 million sales. Will be interesting to see if Nintendo will actually have a pretty big marketing push around the launch of the game. I want to see a fancy web portal like what Mario, Zelda and Metroid have. We have a web page now at least but it doesn't scream "major brand" like the other sites do.

I never expected Forever to be the devs! Color me surprised!

I'll defend Forever Entertainment to a point; -- I feel they reaching for games like The House of the Dead and Front Mission, even if the results aren't quite stellar as the originals, it's more important to have these hard to access games on modern systems then not having any version at all.

I'm sure DKCR HD is also a game that Nintendo would provide all the support for them to get it right, unlike SEGA which just licensed their IPs without much supervision...

buuuut.. I think even humoring the idea of the scrapped K. Rool fight from Tropical Freeze Switch popping up here is out of the question now :<
100%. They’re saving K. Rool’s return for the next game. I think he’s going to be a major marketing angle on the game too. So much so that his name may be in the title a la Bowser’s Fury.

Just saw someone point out.. DKC Returns has now as much rereleases as the original Donkey Kong Country (I am excluding the NVidia Shield of the conversation)

61Odr+15NrL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
61SY1E6-UkL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

and on two different handheld machines no less ;P
I guess Returns is for the last decade what DKC was for the series before indeed; I just wish it had a tad more personality (as well more legacy content in general)

It's just sucks that they couldn't even get Returns HD locked in for the serie's 30th anniversary year. They've had at least 7 years to get this port done with both August and December empty this year. It just makes me think this was a last minute decision or at least poor plan management.

I don't believe the argument that they are timing it between park attraction releases. USJ is still scheduled for this year, why should one park get it after and the other before? Why not have it on shelves ready for both openings?

So how well are we expecting DKCR HD to sell? The Mario Movie didn't seem to push Tropical Freeze one bit so I honestly dont know how well the theme park attraction will help it. There is the benefit having been 7 years since the last DK game released. But I also think the HD on the case will scare some off. Not to mention we might have Switch 2 news by the time it releases. Not to also mention this thing will probably be $60.

Me personally I'm expecting DKCR 3D type sales at best.

1M/2M, 2M at best. DKC TF will remain the best selling DK Switch title, it's launching very late in Switch life, and in January, maybe even Switch 2 will be officially announced before of release of game.

Huh... I'm not going to bother with the whole thread (I did noticed a few missing effects in the trailer too), but colors being "wrong", is actuality an improvement, since the Wii original was super muted. I don't think anyone listing these """""problems"""" are doing of any good faith...

I mean, it's fine to be skeptical because it's Forever Entertaintment, but as far I'm concerned, Nintendo would be the ones on their shoulders to get everything right. You can't just give the keys of one of their biggest IPs like this without any care.

DKCR will ship 1m this FY, probably topping off at 2m lifetime. Tropical Freeze is at 4.7m and had the entire generation to do it, so at best I think Returns does half of that.

Meanwhile DKCR is a Switch game releasing in January, in the 9th year the Switch has been on the market, and possibly a few months before the Switch 2. I think this release will be overlooked when peoples attention is on the next thing.

The fact that Forever Entertainment is doing the port actually makes me more likely to buy it, as I want to support their work. I was so stoked about the remake of The House of the Dead, as I had been wanting a more accessible version of that game for years. Yeah, the controls leave something to be desired, but it's still a blast to play through, and they kept all of the cheesiness firmly intact.

I'm not fond of spending $60 on any game, let alone one I own two copies of. However I gotta admit, I am a little interested in this version now solely because it's a polish studio working on it and my family comes from a Polish background. Very superficial reason, I know, but I think its neat. I own the Panzer Dragoon and Hotd remakes, but haven't played them yet, but I'll give them a try soon. DKCRHD will sell good enough with or without my purchase but now my decision to spend money on this new version went from a "nah" to a "maybe"

The colors look better on the Switch version. I'm more concerned about the missing shadows and lighting effects. It's particularly noticeable on Stormy Shore and Vine Valley.

In terms of sales, I can't see Returns HD doing any better than 1.5 million. It's releasing in the slowest month of the year for game sales in what will be the Switch's ninth year on the market, likely for $60. Remember when Nintendo used to have enough confidence in the DK brand to give it the coveted holiday slot?

I think its easy to know that the problem Donkey Kong has is that it lacks a dedicated EPD team behind the franchise. Metroid has Yoshio Sakamoto behind the franchise who is a senior officer at Nintendo EPD, so he can push for Metroid using his influence.

Hopefully with the expansion of Nintendo EPD and a new EPD building happening maybe Donkey Kong can get an EPD team working on Donkey Kong games specifically.

I don't know man. I hope you're right, but especially if it's a 2D game, I don't see them releasing two 2D DK games into the same year. Unless it's 3D, but no one seems to believe it will be 3D at this point.
I think it will be a 2D and 3D mix, like Crash or the 3D sections of the cancelled project.

Looking at the price for Zelda, which I'm sure is $60 and for which Nintendo is charging 7678 yen ($48), versus DKCR HD for which I don't see a US MSRP yet, for which Nintendo is charging 6578 yen ($41), I expect this will be a $40-50 release and not $60.

Quick edit: well, I looked up Pikmin 4 as an example, and that was 6578 yen too, so that got me thinking maybe DKCR would be $60.

But I found this in a GameFAQs post:

In Japan, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is priced at 7,900 yen (around $60), while Breath of the Wild was priced at 7,678 yen (around $58), meaning the price has increased only slightly for the Japanese audience. In contrast, the price of Nintendo titles Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 are even higher at 8,778 yen (around $67) , making them far closer to the $69.99 price tag.​

So perhaps DKCR will indeed be $50 or less. Definitely seems to be less than full price ($60), unlike, for example, LM2. But we know it depends on the game given the $50 price tag for Mario vs. DK.

Edit 2: see my post below fory latest price point ponderings, bottom line I have no idea how Nintendo will price up, could be $60 and I'm hoping/my gut feeling is $50.

They actually did update the graphics. It's especially noticeable if you look at DK and Diddy in the Mugly cutscene, the models have fur now. All of it looks sharper and more colorful compared to the original upscaled to HD, I think they may have redone the lighting or something. Whatever it is, it's really nice and tastefully done.

HD 60fps with all the levels and button controls makes this the definitive version, so I'm actually pretty happy with this. I didn't expect them to even bother with a straight port of the Wii version, but this legit has a reason to exist.

This is exactly how I feel. I've been hoping for an HD port with no shake-to-roll mechanics pretty much since TF came out. I couldn't get on with the shake-to-roll at all on Wii and absolutely loved the 3DS version so the thought of it playing more super-smoothly at 60 and with regular controls is music to my ears.

The 3DS levels in 60 FPS is the real hook for me. I find the 3DS version ugly to look at, and 30 fps really messes up with bounce jumping. This is going to be the definitive version of Returns.

My question now is whether they implement Funky Mode on this. Funky is such a fun character, and Returns is far harder than Tropical Freeze. It needs an easier mode for newbies.

I forgot Returns being harder than TF! In my mind they're about the same so I'm intrigued to revisit it.

with Returns HD coming only next year, the brand new game wouldn't be released until 2026 at earliest. I'm sorry, but this is not an exciting proposition... a Wii remaster doesn't move the needle at all... I'll be reaching my mid 30's by then...

If there were spinoffs in the meantime, maybe it would be a tad more bearable, but that's not the case... we'll be lucky if the next mainline game is even as soon as the second year of the Switch 2

Don't worry, some of us are already in that category and I think we'll still all be okay for when DK comes out XD

DK’s problem is that its fans that lived through the golden era in the 90s are typically too old to engage in online discourse about video games. The GC generation and younger mostly post on these places.

We need to stop the victim complex though. It’s getting silly. Yes the past 20 years have been unsatisfactory as a DK fan. I can agree to that. However, we’re about to be the 2nd video game franchise in history to get a theme park section (not just a ride) and we’re also one of the very few rides to be included in the grand opening of Universal’s biggest theme park ever Epic Universe in 2025. Nintendo shit the bed with DK this gen. I accepted that last year and I was trying to warn you guys not to get hyped about a new DK game this holiday season. That ship has sailed. I only expected Returns HD so I’m pretty happy about it. It would be sales suicide to release a new DK game this year. It sucks but it is what it is. I’d rather make sure the next title is evergreen on new hardware.

It might not be a popular opinion but Nintendo fans need to adjust their expectations on franchises going forward. Nintendo is heavily invested in multimedia (games, visual content, theme parks, merchandise). Games is still the most important, but it’s just part of the equation now. I don’t think people have fully grasped how much demand there will be for Donkey Kong by mid-late 2025 when the theme park launches. Ironically, DK will be a top 5 Nintendo franchise due to the cultural impact of a theme park on 2 continents and the amount of people who interact with this IP. I have no doubt that Nintendo will capitalize on that demand sooner rather than later.

I agree with every word of your sentiment. FWIW I think most engaging in online discourse might be GC generation or younger as you said, but for Famiboards in particular, based on a relatively recent thread about 46% are 31-40 years of age, so N64/SNES gen, and another 12% are 41+ years of age. I think that's part of what gives this forum a more diverse feel and a bit less reactionary bent to things. Just thought you might find that interesting, too.

--

Finally I just want to say it was hilarious to me when they showed the notorious 'O' from Bombs Away since we were all just talking about that a few weeks ago in this thread.

Last edited:
Huh... I'm not going to bother with the whole thread (I did noticed a few missing effects in the trailer too), but colors being "wrong", is actuality an improvement, since the Wii original was super muted. I don't think anyone listing these """""problems"""" are doing of any good faith...

I mean, it's fine to be skeptical because it's Forever Entertaintment, but as far I'm concerned, Nintendo would be the ones on their shoulders to get everything right. You can't just give the keys of one of their biggest IPs like this without any care.
I see me and a few will have to disagree about the coloring, it's just way too blown out, oversaturated, and ruining the more natural dirty-ish look I loved about the original.

As for why I listed these """"problems""""". I just want them addressed. Simple as that. The devs have like 5 to 6 months to maybe tinker with some of these issues, that is if Nintendo isn't already sitting their asses on it. First DK release in 7 years, it being a barebones port of a 15 year old game, will most like be overpriced. Why are we not allowed to want the best possible outcome of what little we are being given? Why must DK fans be "grateful" about getting the shit end of the stick for years when is comes to video games?

Now I see why DK fans can't be where Metroid and Paper Mario fans are. Because if we try we're told to take a seat.

I wish Nintendo swapped DKCR HD’s release date with Luigi’s Mansion 2. There’s already a ton of Mario spin-offs this year.

I see me and a few will have to disagree about the coloring, it's just way too blown out, oversaturated, and ruining the more natural dirty-ish look I loved about the original.

As for why I listed these """"problems""""". I just want them addressed. Simple as that. The devs have like 5 to 6 months to maybe tinker with some of these issues, that is if Nintendo isn't already sitting their asses on it. First DK release in 7 years, it being a barebones port of a 15 year old game, will most like be overpriced. Why are we not allowed to want the best possible outcome of what little we are being given? Why must DK fans be "grateful" about getting the shit end of the stick for years when is comes to video games?

Now I see why DK fans can't be where Metroid and Paper Mario fans are. Because if we try we're told to take a seat.
I didn't mean to sound like that I don't want the game to be the best it can be; But bottom line, it's already a better version than the original Wii game.. so I don't think nitpicking too much, especially right now is worth the stress. And as seen with Luigi's Mansion 3 and Peach Showtime, there's often a quite of a jump from the first time we see the game to the actual release.

As for the price.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 60. But would sting even more because not only the game never was this price on the Wii, on the 3DS, even on the Wii U eShop digitally.. but also it got Nintendo Select prints to both previous versions.

I didn't mean to sound like that I don't want the game to be the best it can be; But bottom line, it's already a better version than the original Wii game.. so I don't think nitpicking too much, especially right now is worth the stress. And as seen with Luigi's Mansion 3 and Peach Showtime, there's often a quite of a jump from the first time we see the game to the actual release.

As for the price.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 60. But would sting even more because not only the game never was this price on the Wii, on the 3DS, even on the Wii U eShop digitally.. but also it got Nintendo Select prints to both previous versions.
See my post above with Japanese prices. I think $60 should be unlikely. 🤞

Edit: interestingly, LM2 is that same 6578 yen price, so I'm just confused at this point lol and I'm not sure if I understand how Nintendo is positioning these MSRPs in each market, and they seem to vary their strategy for what's full price depending on the market. So maybe DKCR will be $60 after all, though my gut says no more than $50. 🧐

Edit: my gut, not my guy lol.

Last edited:
I think its easy to know that the problem Donkey Kong has is that it lacks a dedicated EPD team behind the franchise. Metroid has Yoshio Sakamoto behind the franchise who is a senior officer at Nintendo EPD, so he can push for Metroid using his influence.

Hopefully with the expansion of Nintendo EPD and a new EPD building happening maybe Donkey Kong can get an EPD team working on Donkey Kong games specifically.
According to rumors this is exactly what happened a few years ago

DK fans definitely need to be more vocal in expressing their dissatisfaction with how the series has been handled. That doesn’t mean you have to harass Nintendo employees on social media (please don't do that), but let them know that a barebones re-release of a 15-year-old game is not good enough. Metroid and Paper Mario fans both whined until they got what they wanted. Hell, the only reason we got K. Rool in Smash is because enough people complained and voted for him in the Smash Ballot. I'll buy Returns HD because I like the game and I want to support the franchise, but I wouldn't blame anybody for being disappointed.

By the way, I'm not buying DKCR HD (at least not immediately); I'm utterly unsatisfied with the fact that's just what we're getting on Switch.. but as far the expectations for the port goes, this is beyond what I expected, frankly. I really thought they'd just put the NVidia Shield version on a cartridge and call it a day.

Just a little touch up in the graphics was already beyond what I thought they'd do it, let alone adding the 3DS content.

DK fans definitely need to be more vocal in expressing their dissatisfaction with how the series has been handled. That doesn’t mean you have to harass Nintendo employees on social media (please don't do that), but let them know that a barebones re-release of a 15-year-old game is not good enough. Metroid and Paper Mario fans both whined until they got what they wanted. Hell, the only reason we got K. Rool in Smash is because enough people complained and voted for him in the Smash Ballot. I'll buy Returns HD because I like the game and I want to support the franchise, but I wouldn't blame anybody for being disappointed.
1000% agree. Hell, I'd go as far as reccomending people write directly to Nintendo, as people asking for new DK games on social media evidently hasnt been useful for 10 years now. (I've done it a couple of times- they actually write back, mostly just saying "sorry you're upset at us, but tough shit" but it's nice to know at least one person at the company knows there's dissatisfied DK fans out there.)

Can we maybe chill with the cross-fandom mudslinging a bit? Suggesting the only reason Nintendo is making Metroid and Paper Mario games is because those fans whined is pretty far-fetched, and is also a bit alienating to people who are happy about the games we are getting. Reading all these suggestions is making me feel kinda bad, ngl

Can we maybe chill with the cross-fandom mudslinging a bit? Suggesting the only reason Nintendo is making Metroid and Paper Mario games is because those fans whined is pretty far-fetched, and is also a bit alienating to people who are happy about the games we are getting. Reading all these suggestions is making me feel kinda bad, ngl
Metroid has ridiculously low sales (although high Metacritic scores) and yet not only have they made two brand new metroid games since the Switch launched but they even made Metroid Prime 4 the CLOSER on a Nintendo direct

If it’s not about pleasing a vocal minority, why does Nintendo pay so much attention to them? It could be something else but so far I haven’t seen a better explanation

As a Paper Mario fan and Metroid fan who did whine back then and is now reaping the benefits of the Renaissances both series are having right now, I see no issue with doing it as a DK fan even if I know good things are coming. As long as people aren't being harassed, there's no reason not to let your voice be heard (I know there's always some people that take it to far and trash on other fans or developers, but I personally dont think it mean others should not express themselves)

Metroid has ridiculously low sales (although high Metacritic scores) and yet not only have they made two brand new metroid games since the Switch launched but they even made Metroid Prime 4 the CLOSER on a Nintendo direct

If it’s not about pleasing a vocal minority, why does Nintendo pay so much attention to them? It could be something else but so far I haven’t seen a better explanation
Metroid has a high ranking employee actively advocating for it to keep getting games. Sadly, DK doesn’t seem to have an equivalent.

Rumors indicate Miyamoto does

One would think independently of rumors that Miyamoto would insist on a new DK
I’m not privy to the palace intrigue that is going on at Nintendo headquarters. I think we can all agree Nintendo has completely dropped the ball on DK for the last decade.

Now that I think about about it...considering how back when TF was first revealed, the Metroid fan whining specifically took the form of resentment against DK, I am starting to feel that the "let's be like those Metroid fans" sentiment is edging dangerously close to wanting retaliation over peace, for lack of better words.

To be clear, I'm not saying that people should be happy with what they have. But there's a difference between demanding more for yourself and demanding less for others, and even I had initially forgotten about how many Metroid fans fell into the latter category...

I'm skeptical we are getting certain types of Paper Mario or Metroid games because of the vocal online fandom. We've never heard that in interviews for Paper Mario games at least. I think it plays a part, but I don't think it's one of the main reasons.

I think there's still a decent chance DK could get a brand-new title next year. Those hiring calls for a 2D action game by EPD Tokyo were in 2020 after all. The ones that gave us Super Mario Bros. Wonder in 2023 were made in 2019. So we're technically still in a short enough window it could be a thing.

Why would it be held back for now? A few possibilities:
-It's still in production, and not ready for a release within the next few months
-It's a Switch 2 exclusive, and needs to be held back for the console's launch year and big game presentation as such.
-Nintendo is finally running out of Switch games, and they need it to pad out the 2025 calendar

Why an HD port of DKCRHD then? Well, build-up for the new game possibly. Remember Pikmin 4? A month before they released that game they decided to shadowdrop a port of Pikmin 1+2 on Switch. This could possibly be a similar strategy Nintendo is going for.

As bizarre and wild as it is, they still decided ages ago to make a Donkey Kong theme park happen. I would think they decided to make a new game the moment that was a thing. It cannot be understated that the reason Nintendo even engage with these multimedia initiatives is to get people to buy their games. As such, I have little to no doubt the new DK game exists, it's just a question of... when does it finally appear. I'll try to maintain my belief in its existence into 2025.

I refuse to believe they would have made the Thousand-Year Door remake had it not been for people complaining about the direction the series was going in. I'm not saying that they were wrong for doing so or that the game shouldn't have been made. Rather, it's proof that Nintendo does listen to their hardcore fans and we need to be more vocal if we want things to change.

Rather, it's proof that Nintendo does listen to their hardcore fans and we need to be more vocal if we want things to change.
It's not proof, it's an assumption. Proof would be if Nintendo employees said they remade TTYD due to fan outcry, but we don't have that. There is zero actual evidence that Nintendo remade this game to appease loud, angry youtubers, and insisting Nintendo is chosing which games to make that way is some Dring-level assumptions about their inner workings.

Nintendo remade TTYD because it's an all-time classic and didn't see the need for 2 original Paper Mario games on Switch. It has nothing to do with diehard fans complaining about the lack of RPG elements.

It's not proof, it's an assumption. Proof would be if Nintendo employees said they remade TTYD due to fan outcry, but we don't have that. There is zero actual evidence that Nintendo remade this game to appease loud, angry youtubers, and insisting Nintendo is chosing which games to make that way is some Dring-level assumptions about their inner workings.
Ok, but what makes YOU think that Metroid and Paper Mario fans got what they wanted because of their outcry sounds 'far-fetched'? I don't see what's far-fetched about it, it sounds pretty logical.

Ok, but what makes YOU think that Metroid and Paper Mario fans got what they wanted because of their outcry sounds 'far-fetched'? I don't see what's far-fetched about it, it sounds pretty logical.
What sounds far-fetched to me is the suggestion that a 69 billion dollar corporation is making decisions based on what a small, vocal group of online fans want them to do. Would they take fan feedback into account over the years, sure, but the suggestion that Nintendo is watching people on twitter and YouTube and going "hey these people are the loudest and most angry, let's do what they say" gives way way way too much credit to how influential online fan bubbles are.

Let's not forget the Paper Mario discourse often gets so toxic and heated that threads became minefields here. And that's just here. We're a tiny, tiny subset of these fandoms, and fandoms are themselves a tiny subset of the consumer base. I doubt Nintendo, as big and successful a corporation as it is, bases their decisions on a fraction of a fraction of their market being loudly angry online.

And to suggest that Nintendo would be over there going "we could make a new game in this series but we ain't gonna until people complain enough" sounds like the most childish possible way to run a corporation. That sounds like Elon-level decision-making.

You know for years I thought a new DK was on the horizon. 2024 was the opening of the theme park and the 30th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country. Surely Nintendo would see it as a good opportunity to celebrate the franchise akin to how they celebrated Mario in 2020 when Super Nintendo World opened.

Instead we get Returns HD in 2025 after the park has opened. It's a move that feels like a knee-jerk reaction from them if I'm being honest. Like pressure mounted internally to do something with Donkey Kong because expanding their IP into entertainment is so important to the long term vision of the company, and so their development leadership scrambled to get this together and handed it off to Forever Entertainment which doesn't carry that good of a reputation but they were probably cheap to hire.

Basically I don't think there was any grand vision to bring this series back. As we go into Switch 2 I'm increasingly feeling like we get a new 3D Mario from EPD Tokyo and find out that's the only game they were making. The theory that Miyamoto was DK's only advocate in power at NCL, and his move to focusing on entertainment resulted in a lot of DK stuff like movies and theme parks while coincidentally a dark age happens for the franchise in gaming, is starting to sound more compelling as an explanation.

What sounds far-fetched to me is the suggestion that a 69 billion dollar corporation is making decisions based on what a small, vocal group of online fans want them to do. Would they take fan feedback into account over the years, sure, but the suggestion that Nintendo is watching people on twitter and YouTube and going "hey these people are the loudest and most angry, let's do what they say" gives way way way too much credit to how influential online fan bubbles are.

Let's not forget the Paper Mario discourse often gets so toxic and heated that threads became minefields here. And that's just here. We're a tiny, tiny subset of these fandoms, and fandoms are themselves a tiny subset of the consumer base. I doubt Nintendo, as big and successful a corporation as it is, bases their decisions on a fraction of a fraction of their market being loudly angry online.

And to suggest that Nintendo would be over there going "we could make a new game in this series but we ain't gonna until people complain enough" sounds like the most childish possible way to run a corporation. That sounds like Elon-level decision-making.
Companies make decisions based on fan feedback all the time, they even admit to doing so. And that's basically all this is, fan feedback, even if toxic. If there's a sizable amount of people online saying they want a new game, that's a sign for a company that they should. It's not the only reason, of course, a lot more matters than just that, but it's still a step.

I don't see what the size of the company has to do with this, we're talking about the smaller franchises getting new titles here, I don't think the overall size of Nintendo matters when it comes to it.

And it's not that they can make a game at any moment and just decide they don't based on fan feedback, they might just think they have higher priorities if there's not constant noise.

I think it’s a bit unfair to say that Nintendo never listens to fans or takes their consideration or feedback into account for their games. I mean they literally had polls for most requested characters for Smash Bros. and the voice of the fans is the very reason we have Banjo, K. Rool, and Sora in Smash today.

Here is a video of Reggie literally responding to fan feedback of why Retro Studios is making Tropical Freeze instead of something else (like Metroid).

Of course Nintendo listens to fan feedback

Metroid has a high ranking employee actively advocating for it to keep getting games. Sadly, DK doesn’t seem to have an equivalent.
You'd think great sales numbers for good games would be enough.
I dunno about everything else, but the way Metroid Prime 4 was announced was 100% a reaction to Metroid fans throwing tantrums and something Nintendo would never have done normally.
Yeah, pretty sure Reggie admitted in an interview that Prime 4 was announced when it was because they had to announce Samus Returns and, basically, didn't want Metroid fans to get mad again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom